Who's the best to wear No. 13?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
On this Full Moon Friday the 13th... I'm trying to decide who I think the best #13 was.

They are both Superstars in their sport. It's hard to reach Superstar status, but both of these cats were clear Superstars.

Leading 2 different teams teams to the Big Dance... reaching the Big Dance 3 times... Winning the Big Dance and receiving MVP honors. Most importantly,,, playing for the Best Fucking Team in the NFL. Hmmmmmm. Who do you think I will pick ?

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
WARNER
3 Super Bowl appearances 1 RING
Legendary story, and all around class act

He's even a better commentator than Marino (who got canned)

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
I think you're confusing issues though. "Involuntary servitude"? C'mon, no one's holding a gun to their heads to play in the NFL. If they want to flip burgers for a living, they're free to do so. But the bottom line is, I think your field of view is too narrow. You're pinpointing specific teams when the big picture is they're in the NFL regardless of which team they go to. And they get paid millions of dollars at the lowest levels if they make a roster and play 3-4 years. You make it sound like a southern plantation in the 1700's or something.

Like I said, if a college player has the opportunity to be a FA out of school, then the good teams will snatch them up. Why would most college players sign with the London Sillynannies when they could sign with the best team at the time? And don't say money, because the historically bad teams are the one's that don't spend money, not mismanage their money. They wouldn't be out-bidding anyone.

The league has now adopted a salary floor which I think will further improve the checks and balances systems they have in place. I'm arguing for parity here, not player oppression.
Heck they can finish college if they want to. Burgers not included. Get a useful degree and say I don't need football.

The NFL is a product sold to fans. That model for parity absolutely attracts more fans. More fans means more money. Players earn a lot money from that business model. Want to be part of that product, you play by the rules.

fearsomefour

Legend
Y
Okay, but you can't really break it down into pieces like that when pick "A" guy. Hell, Testaverde probably had the strongest arm, Tarkenton the best legs, etc. And if it came down to purely physical assets overall, I'd take Steve Young over Elway. His arm wasn't as strong but his legs were better and he was MUCH more accurate.
Yeah Young isent a bad one.
But Elway ran well when he was young.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I can't even imagine what kind of numbers Marino could have put up if he ever had a running game. If he could have played with a Marshall Faulk, Terrell Davis, roger Craig etc etc