Who's the best to wear No. 13?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Prime Numbers celebrates Friday the 13th by looking at No. 13
Posted by Mike Florio on June 12, 2014

(Poll at the link - Warner presently being pummeled by Marino)

danmarinopitt.jpg

NBCSN’s Pro Football Talk continues to roll through the month of June with the Prime Numbers series, looking at the best of the best to wear any/every given jersey number.

With Friday the 13th looming, why not reverse the bad luck (or tempt twice as much of it) by considering No. 13?

The guys listed below had very good luck — and not a smidge of triskaidekaphobia. Vote for the best of the best from the list that includes a guy who at one point his life actually looked like Jonah Hill.

Your luck is sure to improve if you join us on Friday at 5:30 p.m. ET, and if you stick around to see whether it’s an lucky night for the Kings or the Rangers in Game Five of the Stanley Cup Final.

Who's the best to wear No. 13?

Kurt Warner.Dan Marino.Don Maynard.Jake Scott.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Guy's a douche, but probably the best pocket passer I've ever seen.

leoram

LA/St Louis/LA fan
This is a Ram Forum. Baited question?

Kurt Warner

Might as we'll ask our favorite team.

But hey, it's the offseason. Not much else to enjoy. Thanks for the thread

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I'm going with the only QB to lead the Rams to a Super Bowl Victory....Kurtis Eugene Warner!

moklerman

Warner-phile
Marino had the better regular season and career numbers but Warner blew Marino away in the post season. If one values and appreciates the level of competition and the pressure and circumstances of post season play, an argument could easily be made for Warner as the better QB.

Warner:
13 playoff games (9-4)
307/462 (66.45%) 3,952 yards(8.55 ypa) 31 TD(+2 RTD) 13 INT 102.8 rating.

Marino:
18 playoff games (8-10)
385/687 (56.04%) 4,510 yards(6.56 ypa) 32 TD(+1RTD) 24 INT 77.1 rating.

There's no denying that very few QB's ever upped their games in the post season like Warner did.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Marino had the better regular season and career numbers but Warner blew Marino away in the post season. If one values and appreciates the level of competition and the pressure and circumstances of post season play, an argument could easily be made for Warner as the better QB.

Warner:
13 playoff games (9-4)
307/462 (66.45%) 3,952 yards(8.55 ypa) 31 TD(+2 RTD) 13 INT 102.8 rating.

Marino:
18 playoff games (8-10)
385/687 (56.04%) 4,510 yards(6.56 ypa) 32 TD(+1RTD) 24 INT 77.1 rating.

There's no denying that very few QB's ever upped their games in the post season like Warner did.

Marino was a great player but he never won when the pressure was on so how can anyone say he was better than a SuperBowl Champion/MVP?

moklerman

Warner-phile
Marino was a great player but he never won when the pressure was on so how can anyone say he was better than a SuperBowl Champion/MVP?
I understand what you're saying but if you limit the argument to that rationale, Mark Rypien and Doug Williams would be better than Marino too.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I understand what you're saying but if you limit the argument to that rationale, Mark Rypien and Doug Williams would be better than Marino too.

I'm with you on that, moklerman.

Look, Kurt's a Rams legend. Amazing QB. But Marino is in the HOF and an NFL legend.

fearsomefour

Legend
If I had to start a team with any QB in history the top of that list would be Elway then Marino.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler

Marino is probably the greatest pure passer in NFL history but he wasn't a winner and that is the statistic that defines greatness in my mind. Im not saying every QB that wins a SuperBowl is better than Marino, but I am saying that the ultimate judge of value is victory on the grandest stage because it's a player's whole purpose.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Marino is probably the greatest pure passer in NFL history but he wasn't a winner and that is the statistic that defines greatness in my mind. Im not saying every QB that wins a SuperBowl is better than Marino, but I am saying that the ultimate judge of value is victory on the grandest stage because it's a player's whole purpose.

Marino is currently fifth, behind Brett Favre,Peyton Manning, Tom Brady and John Elway on the list of most wins by a starting quarterback, with 147.[17] His winning percentage was .613.

^ looks like a winner to me.

The NFL is the ultimate team sport. Because he didn't win a SB is an argument I don't agree with - at all!

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
nic-cage-birdhair.jpg

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
No chance in hell the answer is Warner, it's is hands down Dan Marino. Warner had a few damn good seasons, but he also had a few very bad ones. Marino will go down in the argument of one of the best ever, Warner will not.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
If I had to start a team with any QB in history the top of that list would be Elway then Marino.

This is a whole other thread here, but I think I'm taking Peyton. Hard to argue with Elway tho.