Who wants to handicap OLB competition way too early?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram65

Legend
I think The Rams know all about Mark Barron!!
I think Ram fans have been the ones in doubt!!

Getting rid of Ogletree & having Barron as the only veteran LBer speaks volumes to me about McVay & Wades confidence in him.

Which all means he'll be just fine by training camp. So the bone spurs really are a non issue. They have a procedure now using laser surgery to help with bone spurs. Insurance won't cover it yet, but I'm sure Barron can afford it. I've had bone spurs removed, it's painful as hell for a few days, but within a couple of weeks life was just peachy.

http://www.sportsxchange.com/tsxfiles/?page_id=211&max_colums=20&story_id=194715
Los Angeles Rams linebacker Mark Barron feels he is on schedule in his rehab from a pair of offseason surgeries.
Working his way back from procedures to repair a torn labrum in his right shoulder and bone spurs in both heels, Barron is not expected to be ready for the start of training camp on July 26.
Barron told the Los Angeles Times this week that his physical condition continues to improve, although he acknowledged there are "up and down some days" with his heels.

The Rams have not specified a target date for Barron's return, but the belief among team officials is the 28-year-old Barron will be on the field "somewhere in the middle" of training camp.

Did you all read the article?

I think they have some doubts about Barron. I think the labrum will be ok from the recovery time. Not sure about bone spurs if they are still giving him trouble. Barron has played hurt which makes me think he will be able to play but, still a little unsettling.

It's been months since his surgeries. I don't think the Rams doubt is abilities. Let's say we all would feel better when Barron is on the field practicing.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Could Barwin be brought back ?
I'm pretty sure that they are thinking he is not worth the vet minimum comparatively to the players they have.

Another guy retired before his time by the collective bargaining agreement.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Barron healing up early in training camp will mean more first team snaps for the young kids.
That could end up being a good thing in the long run.

Barron is a vet who could coach the kids on the sideline in Camp while he recovers.

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
http://www.sportsxchange.com/tsxfiles/?page_id=211&max_colums=20&story_id=194715
Los Angeles Rams linebacker Mark Barron feels he is on schedule in his rehab from a pair of offseason surgeries.
Working his way back from procedures to repair a torn labrum in his right shoulder and bone spurs in both heels, Barron is not expected to be ready for the start of training camp on July 26.
Barron told the Los Angeles Times this week that his physical condition continues to improve, although he acknowledged there are "up and down some days" with his heels.

The Rams have not specified a target date for Barron's return, but the belief among team officials is the 28-year-old Barron will be on the field "somewhere in the middle" of training camp.

It's been months since his surgeries. I don't think the Rams doubt is abilities. Let's say we all would feel better when Barron is on the field practicing.
Then there is more to the story than just bone spurs that they're not telling us. Like I said, I know from personal experience, that bone spur removal is not that hard to heal from. THERE HAS TO BE MORE TO THE STORY!

Oh, and not only did I read the article, but as I stated, I know from experience what I'm talking about when it comes to bone spurs!

Last edited:

dang

Legend
Navarro Bowman is still available last time I checked. Just saying....

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

No. In the NFL if a vet is signed to the vet minimum for his experience, no signing bonus, he only counts against the cap at the same level as a 2nd year player minimum. The CBA has rules to help vets.

It's vets who insist on being paid more than the minimum but aren't good enough who are hurt.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
No. In the NFL if a vet is signed to the vet minimum for his experience, no signing bonus, HE ONLY COUNTS AGAINST THE CAP at the same level as a 2nd year player minimum. The CBA has rules to help vets.

It's vets who insist on being paid more than the minimum but aren't good enough who are hurt.
That does sound familiar.

I'm not sure what you mean about the "hurt" part in your last sentence.

And a "second-year player" which round?

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

Good post - it shows Mark Barron’s toughness.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I'm pretty sure that they are thinking he is not worth the vet minimum comparatively to the players they have.

I’ll still think The Rams hold that card. My point is or answer to question is The Rams still have that card being held. The depth is in question because of injury as well.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That does sound familiar.

I'm not sure what you mean about the "hurt" part in your last sentence.

And a "second-year player" which round?

Hurt just meant that players who are used to earning more but don't merit it either have to adjust or be unemployed.

And second year player just means the minimum salary, without bonus, of a second year player. So a tad above what a udfa gets.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
I'm still not clear on the "second-year player" thing because there's a tiered system from the first player taken all the way to the last player taken.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
i'm lucky to have 3 working brain cells,one keeps my heart and lung working, one turns food to crap and one is for sex. lucky me!!!

That's so funny. We have the same number of brain cells, but my wife says my sex cell is for crap.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
So is Travin Howard a safety? I don't see his name in any of the lb conversations.

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
I still find it funny that we're handicapping our OLB's when we already have enough OLB's handicapped.:D

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Some really good news on the draft front;
Of the top 10 outside and inside linebackers Lindy's has listed, all but one of the players is between 240 and 265.

We need to beef up the inside and outside in our linebacker corps weight wise.