Who should get a shot

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Crap. I think we really need a win this week. So, let's toast to that!

:cheers: :cheers:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I'm spoke of Toon because I think bringing him in May have been meant as a wake up call to the other WRs not names Britt.

With Long, for me, the hardest thing is justifying his pay. I would rather use a rotation of Hayes, Sims and Westbrooks whom together make probably half of what Long does...But that was not my reasoning. Maybe I should have explained better to begin with. I think Long needs a wake up call. I've never questioned his effort or his run defense. But for that money, I would expect 10+ sacks. You don't have to get 18 like Quinn but give me 10. He hasn't looked the same to me. I think he could use a kick in the ass, he, to me, seems like the kind of guy that would respond to that. And I don't mean sit him on the bench either. I think simply starting Hayes or Westbrooks over him may do the trick.
Well, okay. But I just don't see it that way. Through the four years of 2010-2013, he was averaging 10 sacks a year while ranking in the top 5 of all DEs in the league (twice he was first) in QB pressures. Which, as has been demonstrated for years around here, is just as good as a sack in most cases. But that aside, he was hurt last year and only played 6 games. In relief, Hayes posted 4 sacks over 9 games. That's not a vast improvement, right? And, honestly, Chris Long is probably the last guy on this team who needs (or deserves) a wake-up call. In my opinion, he's one of the hardest workers on this team and a locker room leader/motivator. What good would it do him, or the team, to publicly punish him for being a solid player?

Now if you want to know who *I* would send a message to, it would be Cook. I'd give his position to Harkey and bring up either Bayer or Cunningham to be the lead blocker.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
It doesn't...

It doesn't...

You're entitled to your opinion of C Long and his price tag Juggs but I think he's been playing really good the last two games. He was our best player - offensively or defensively (outside of Donald who's a ridiculous Freak). I think hes overpaid - and I've been down on him over the last year or two because of an apparent lack of production - but he ends up tallying dizzying numbers for QB pressures. I don't think you can replace him with Hayes (who is good - but hasn't been performing this year yet) and an untested Westbrooks who had a good pre-season in his rookie year and a few splash plays and then who was used as an experiment at DT this pre-season and who has played as a rotational guy so far. Long is very undervalued in terms of what he does - but overvalued in his paycheck if that makes any sense. It makes him an easy target anyway - a bit like JL55.

rambone

UDFA
Definitely Bradley Marquez. The kid showed he can get YAC more than any other receiver we’ve got.