Where's Cook?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OhioRam

Rookie
Well looks like we have him for one more year so it's not the end of the world and still a better TightEnd than what we had in a very long time.
Still around a 700 yard 5 to 6 Touchdown guy that's going to drop a few but swill makes some big plays here and there.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
My biggest thing is he sux at blocking. That's not good for the power O. Kendricks is our most valuable TE right now.

jjab360

Legend
My biggest thing is he sux at blocking. That's not good for the power O. Kendricks is our most valuable TE right now.
I think Kendricks not being in there made a huge difference for our run game. Stacy never really found any running room averaging only 2.4 YPC. Also, Saffold's a much better pass protector than run blocker he doesn't get much push in the run game.

jap

Legend
I think Kendricks not being in there made a huge difference for our run game. Stacy never really found any running room averaging only 2.4 YPC. Also, Saffold's a much better pass protector than run blocker he doesn't get much push in the run game.

Well, while some of what you say is true, the Colts' game plan was to stuff our mini Battering Ram and force Kellen to live up to his Killer status by often going man-to-man on our young receivers. Thankfully, Tavon demonstrated why he is known as Mr. Excitement.

In the future, if teams adjust for Tavon by keeping the safeties deep, that will only allow Zac or some of the other receivers to break out. One key thing is to keep an effective pass-blocking, run-blocking OL going at all times. Another big key is having our D shut down the run and allow our DE's to tee-off on opposing QB's.

fearsomefour

Legend

Cook has been better the last two games. Still not great, but, decent and the effort has been there. The knock on Kendricks when he was drafted is he was not a blocker either....that light didnt come on until about half way through last year.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
I think a lot of the reason for the low ypc is due to the fact that we basically tried to run out the clock for the last 20 mins of the game. They knew it and loaded the box.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook

Agreed. Smith lining up as a TE was interesting...

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I'm not worried about Cook yet.

Just like I wasn't worried about Tavon.

The Rams are just starting to figure things out offensively, IMO.

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
I think a lot of the reason for the low ypc is due to the fact that we basically tried to run out the clock for the last 20 mins of the game. They knew it and loaded the box.
I think Fish had to smack Schotty in the head to get him to commit to the run, he was having too much fun throwin in the rock around.:roflmao:

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
Now if one of you guys could just plant a pic of "Waldo" in a Rams offensive presnap set...

RamzFanz

Damnit
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm not worried about Cook yet.

Just like I wasn't worried about Tavon.

The Rams are just starting to figure things out offensively, IMO.

I don't know. I was never worried about TA, he just needed space, except I finally had to admit he drops too many passes.

I don't get Cook though. He's a veteran and has all the skill sets. He's had games where he was covered by slow LBs. Still only one good game and many drops. If I had to choose a single TE from the Rams to keep, he would be flirting with third place.

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
I don't know. I was never worried about TA, he just needed space, except I finally had to admit he drops too many passes.

I don't get Cook though. He's a veteran and has all the skill sets. He's had games where he was covered by slow LBs. Still only one good game and many drops. If I had to choose a single TE from the Rams to keep, he would be flirting with third place.
The thing with Cook is the same with Tavon I think, sooner or later we learn to use them in our scheme instead of forcing the ball to them. When we do thAt it looks like they break out but in actuality it's just that they are part of the flow and man on man there aren't a lot of match ups they won't win.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
The Colts were begging Kellen Clemens to throw the ball and never really adjusted, I almost think their coaching staff was in denial and if anyone underestimated the Rams passing game it was them.

Cook will get more action once we aren't facing 8 man boxes ,if he continues to make better effort at blocking . Tenn. made an informed decision about Jared and it's up to him to make sure the reason they LET him walk doesn't follow him here.
I know he wasn't signed to be a blocking TE, but when he's called on to block, it no longer matters ,he still needs to block and give it his best, I think if you put on a tape of the Tenn game you'd see him blocking like he meant it, and FWIW that's ALL that stands between me defending him and me panning the guy ,blocking is not talent it's attitude and if you can't or won't you need an attitude adjustment in my book.

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
Me, too! He doesn't look like he's even trying to block! Coach needs to ride his ass on this! Part of doing the job.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Me, too! He doesn't look like he's even trying to block! Coach needs to ride his ass on this! Part of doing the job.

Yeah I agree. He looks like he's not giving full effort. He's also had some very lazy looking drops. I hope that's not the case.