When did you become a Ram fan?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

When did you become a Ram fan?

• 1936-1939

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1940-1949

• 1950-1959

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • 1960-1969

Votes: 11 19.6%
  • 1970-1979

Votes: 15 26.8%
  • 1980-1989

Votes: 7 12.5%
  • 1990-1999

Votes: 16 28.6%
  • 2000-2009

Votes: 5 8.9%
  • 2010-present

• Total voters

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Became a fan in 1978/79.
The first football game i ever actually sat down and watched was SB 13 between Dallas and Pittsburgh. I was about 9 yrs old and i was hooked.

We had no pro team in Phx,AZ so i latched onto the closet team with the best uni's.
I then followed the Rams the next season all the way to their first SB appearance in SB 14. It was pure awesome beating the Cowboys in the playoffs that year...and being such a huge underdog in the SB and almost winning it all was so cool.

Been a die hard fan ever since. Strange though how when the Cardinals moved here in '88 that i rooted for them too,as the hometown team plan B...then when the re-alignment happened i was thrilled because my Rams would be coming to town once a year,but thats was also when my fandom of the hometown Cardinals began to fade due to simply being a divisional rival of my Rams. Nowadays the Cards can eat shit along with SF and Seattle.

I wish the St Louis Cardinals would have left town sooner to somewhere other than Phoenix,so the LA Rams could have relocated here in '95 instead(one can look back and dream about "what if"...haha).

Like many other old time Rams fans,i had waited 20 years from that SB 14 loss to eventually come around to 1999 and FINALLY hoist the Lombardi. 100% pure joy my friends.
:cool:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I'm a third generation Ram fan. My grampa on my dad's side started watching them when they came out from Cleveland. My dad used to ride his bike by their practice facility on his way home from school and stop and watch them practice. I became a Ram fan in earnest when my dad bought me a full blue and white uniform - stop me if you've heard this :7up: I was 5. And I used to bang my helmet against our stucco wall so it would look like the real player helmets.

My first Rams game, I honestly don't remember much about except that Roman Gabriel was the QB and I was a six year old at a RAMS game with my dad in the COLISEUM. Didn't need to know anything else. Oh, and the hotdog and peanuts were GREAT. :sly:

Didn't get to another game until '74 when our Rams shut down OJ and we beat the Bills in the sunny Coliseum. Been to several games with my dad and others since then. And my dad and I were at the Seachickens game some ten years ago when we came back from 17 down with 5 minutes left to win the game in Seattle.

So does anyone here remember when the Rams (current and former players) would go to high schools and do different events? I watched them play a basketball game against the alumni of Cleveland High School when I was a kid. Got a bunch of autographs on a team photo that I REALLY wish I could find today. I think I stuck it between the pages of a book to keep it flat and have no idea what became of it. Gabriel, Snow, Olsen, Bacon, Ellison. Deacon wasn't there.

I'm a lifer - there just isn't any other team I care enough about to follow closely. I am a Laker, Kings, Dodger fan too but kinda fair weather.

riseballs

UDFA
Well, lets see, my first game was actually the 1958 Pro Bowl in LA. First real geme was in 1959 against the Detroit Lions they lost 17-14. Bill Wade was the quarterback and my favorite player was Jon Arnett.I haven't been to a game in St. Louis yet because I still live in California. Planning to go to the 2015 Super Bowl in Arizona. I'm thinking the Rams will be there. :cheese:

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
RamFan503 said:
I am a Laker, Kings, Dodger fan too but kinda fair weather.

Fate really kicked them in the nads this season. I've been a Laker fan forever myself.

had

Rookie
rams24/7 said:
How did you become a Ram fan and when? And what was the first Rams game (date) you remember watching?

Grew up in LA. All the kids on my block were Rams fans. We'd draw their helmets and pretend we were Jack Youngblood or Ferragamo, Tyler, etc. I remember watching Rams games when they used to get dicked by the Vikings, but I was not a true fan until they lost the Super Bowl in 79, and then I tasted my first heartbreak as a fan. I was 10.

Fascinating, yes?

Name
Jim
Hate to admit it, but being a WVU fan, first time was when Mark Bulger started quarterbacking the team. Followed all the games, then he left and so did I. (I live in Asheville NC, so Carolina Panthers are big in this area)...Now that two Mountaineers have come on board with the Rams, I'm back and will stay a devout Rams fan for the duration....(yeah, done with the Panthers)...Time to get my St. Louis Rams paraphernalia. :bign:

Ram_of_Old

1967...I fell in love with the Fearsome Foursome. The Rams were in the old NFL West with Baltimore and, for some reason, I never liked Johnnny U. They totally embarrassed him, if I remember correctly. Been a Rams fan in Virginia since then. Despise the Redskins....especially the owner.

Slappy967

Starter
As soon as they moved to St. Louis my Dad and I officially started watching them. He had given up on the NFL after Bidwell F'd St. Louis but the Rams brought him back and in turn I was a fan for life.

GreeneCounty

Pro Bowler
Slappy967 said:
As soon as they moved to St. Louis my Dad and I officially started watching them. He had given up on the NFL after Bidwell F'd St. Louis but the Rams brought him back and in turn I was a fan for life.

Same here. Live in Missouri and rooted for them since Tony Banks days. Never could get into the Chiefs.

Killgasm

Starter
Name
Alex
I became a rams fan in the 4th grade(2003) because my best friend at the time forced me to watch them. I fell deeply in love with the horns on the side of the helmet and ever since I've become a die hard rams fan. The first game I watched them play was when they lost to the giants 23-13 in the 03 season opener.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
The Dude said:
Interesting poll numbers.

No doubt.

A "familiar question" well crafted by the OP in the poll.

The mix of fans here is awesome. Its why this board rocks!

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
CGI_Ram said:
The Dude said:

No doubt.

I knew there was a good mix of fans on here, but I was curious to see the actual numbers and hear people's stories.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
rams24/7 said:
CGI_Ram said:
The Dude said:

No doubt.

I knew there was a good mix of fans on here, but I was curious to see the actual numbers and hear people's stories.
Well, I sold my soul for that 99 season.

Everyone on this board owes me HUGE, since I'll be spending eternity with John Shaw and Lawrence Phillips.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
rams24/7 said:
CGI_Ram said:
The Dude said:

No doubt.

Yep. Well done brother.

I love it. Fans near and far, recent and dated. Its why we have collected here.

…..

Legend
I became a fan somewhere between that rat bastard Fran Tarkenton running around the backfield eluding our pass rush, Jack Youngbloods broken leg, and Rosie Greer signing "Its alright to cry"

so to paraphrase, in the 70's

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Angry Ram said:
The Dude said:

That no one has been a fan since 1936?

:bahumbug:

I don't think they'd be using a computer if they'd been a fan since 1936 :lmao: