When did you become a Ram fan?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

When did you become a Ram fan?

• 1936-1939

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1940-1949

• 1950-1959

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • 1960-1969

Votes: 11 19.6%
  • 1970-1979

Votes: 15 26.8%
  • 1980-1989

Votes: 7 12.5%
  • 1990-1999

Votes: 16 28.6%
  • 2000-2009

Votes: 5 8.9%
  • 2010-present

• Total voters

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
rams24/7 said:
Angry Ram said:
The Dude said:
Interesting poll numbers.

That no one has been a fan since 1936?

:bahumbug:

I don't think they'd be using a computer if they'd been a fan since 1936 :lmao:
Probably not. But when I'm 77, I'll be rockin' a laptop for sure.
(provided I'm still alive)

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
This topic always draws me in.

I'm very happy to see all of the newer members here. If I haven't told you directly,,, I should have.

These stories keep me sane. For many years, I thought I was alone. Because of john shaw of course :flip: . Spending eternity with that Mother Fucker would be indeed be HELL. :lmao:

Seriously, I've always lived far away from LA and STL.... always been the Lone Ram Fan.

So glad I have this outlet to talk Rams with other RAMS.

Never gets old for me my Brethren.

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The Dude said:
rams24/7 said:
Angry Ram said:
The Dude said:

I'll probably die from a heart attack when they win the SB

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
rams24/7 said:
The Dude said:
rams24/7 said:
Angry Ram said:
The Dude said:

I'll probably die from a heart attack when they win the SB
Next year? Nah. You're too young for that.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Dog said:
I became a fan somewhere between that rat bastard Fran Tarkenton running around the backfield eluding our pass rush, Jack Youngbloods broken leg, and Rosie Greer signing "Its alright to cry"

so to paraphrase, in the 70's

Yeah - the youngin's around here don't get my hatred for the Viqueens. Still painful just to see that uni.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
I was 6 years old in 1969 when I became a RAMS Fan. I remember getting a football helmet for my birthday and loved it so much that I would wear it to bed at night. Each morning I would wake up wondering how the hell it wasn't still on my head, but found out after a few months that my mom would come in after I fell asleep and would take it off. I know this is why I act like I do today. :boing:

I really hated the cowgirls and the viqueens during the 70's. Too many times I'd watch Tarkington or Staubach turn a late rally into a victory, especially during the playoffs. But over the past few years those feelings have lessened and now my ire and rage goes towards the seacocks and the whiners. I fucking hate those two teams!

RAMS fan till I die! GO RAMS!

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
MontanaRamsFan said:
I was 6 years old in 1969 when I became a RAMS Fan. I remember getting a football helmet for my birthday and loved it so much that I would wear it to bed at night. Each morning I would wake up wondering how the hell it wasn't still on my head, but found out after a few months that my mom would come in after I fell asleep and would take it off. I know this is why I act like I do today. :boing:

I really hated the cowgirls and the viqueens during the 70's. Too many times I'd watch Tarkington or Staubach turn a late rally into a victory, especially during the playoffs. But over the past few years those feelings have lessened and now my ire and rage goes towards the seacocks and the whiners. I fucking hate those two teams!

RAMS fan till I die! GO RAMS!

Gots plenty of (sports type) hatred in my heart to keep the girls, queens, cocks, whiners, patsies, and stealers in that dark crevice. They ain't getting out any time soon. At least they are in shitty company along with the celticks, pitstains, yanks, and gay bay giants.

rickrawk

Starter
Name
Rick
Great poll and even greater stories.
From us old timers to the young-uns, and everyone in between.
Man, this fucking board rocks!!

GO RAMS!!!!

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
I've been a fan since '68. My elementary Flag football team had a coach who was a transplanted Southern Californian. So in spite of all of the other teams that worshipped the Chowboys, the Packers or even the Colts....he gave us the moniker of the Robertson Rams. Well being a "Ram" I decided to find out just who we were.....and my first sight of the real Rams was a picture book perfect throw from Gabriel to Snow for 6. That was all it took.........

And yes I know how horrible those Vikings uiniforms were.........we were always right there and a storm or some screwed up tiebreaker always put us behind the 8 ball w/ them.... They went to 4 Super Bowls and went through us on half of them....and then watch them roll over....was extremely painful. But I've been a fan ever since.......

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
The first time I was aware of football I was probably about 6. All I saw at that time was a bunch of guys piling on each other; didn't interest me at all. But when I was 11, Dallas played the whiners in the NFC Championship game and I instinctively knew that I must root for Dallas. That was Jan '71. 2 weeks later, I watched my first full football game, SB5 between the Cowboys and the Colts. Sadly, I experienced my first heartbreak as the Cowboys blew a lead and lost on a last minute FG. Side note: being a preacher's kid, we always attended church but I was sick that day, a very rare occurrence. Fateful, one might say, considering the coming heartbreak from Rams' playoff losses to Dallas and Minnesota.

My older brother was a Ram fan before me, so it's his fault. But I remember the play that turned me into a Ram fan. Listening to the radio and Dick Enberg, he described a circus catch by TE Billy Truax. I never saw the play, but it still echoes from the past.

Just like all those playoff frustrations. In '73, the 12-2 Rams had the best record in the NFC, but the playoff schedule did not include home field advantage that year and the Rams played their first round game in Dallas, where they lost. Imagine the '99 Rams forced to play in Minnesota, again.

Cullen Bryant

Rookie
Name
Will
The first game I went to was in 75 or 76 when I was 7 or 8 years old. The only thing I remember is it was against the St Louis Cardinals and the Rams lost. That was the only game I ever saw at the Coliseum. I became a diehard fan in 79 with the " Ferragamo to Waddy " game and then the Superbowl. Of course the next year they let Ferragamo leave for Canada and my life as a Rams fan began. :lol:

One thing about Cullen Bryant, when I was in 6th grade my teacher had our class write a letter to our favorite Rams player, I wrote two. One to Cullen Bryant and one to Reggie Doss. Cullen Bryant signed his letter and returned it, Reggie Doss didn't. So Cullen Bryant became my first favorite Rams Player.

lasvegasrams

Rookie
I remember clearly which game it was when I took my father's advice to become a Rams fan. The QB was Tony Banks :sick: , in a game vs Buffalo where he ran in for a TD to win the game 34-33. I was 11 or 12 at the time, and I saw how crazy my dad went and wanted to become a fanatic just like him. Things grew exponentially when some guy named Marshall Faulk came into the mix.

How about a recent tale from overseas...
Back in 2008 i was really into football but didn't really have a team. I watched a college game online between Oklahoma and Kansas and was amazed by the performance of Oklahoma's young sophomore Quarterback.
After that game i decided that i would wait until said quarterback entered the draft and follow whatever team he joined.
Almost 2 years and a Heisman trophy later, i was a Sam Bradford and St Louis Rams fan, and it shall stay that way long after Sam is no longer with the Rams. (When he is hopefully en route to Canton!)
Go Rams!!!