What's the latest on Pead?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ebonemalone

Rookie
Pead being benched out of nowhere REALLY screwed me in fantasy. Bad start to an even worse night!

Ebonemalone

Rookie
Rabid Ram said:
I just don't think we have the talent in the RB corps that we need at all. I know some of you hate hearing it but we will more then likely draft a RB high next year.
1st!

iced

I've been hopin to see a studly top 15 rb in the draft next year - haven't seen any highly rated rbs yet though

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
fearsomefour said:
OnceARam said:
bluecoconuts said:
Stranger said:
Tell me, what was the real reason we let SJ go? Was it because:

1) mgmt wanted RB-by-committe and SJ wanted to continue to be a feature back?
2) SJ wanted to go to a contender?
3) other?

Mixture of all three. Other being that they wanted to hand the team over to Bradford.

I agree; they wanted Bradford to take on 'the' leadership role... to see how he would respond. It's still an open question.

I also think they were trying to remake the offense to be explosive. Jackson is not explosive anymore. He can pile up yards through chipping away and occasionally busting off a 30 yarder. But, he is a smart vet who can block and catch as well.
I think the Rams had visions of all the explosive passing plays (seems ironic now) setting up a running game with younger faster backs. There is also the thing of paying an "older" RB with a lot of miles on his tires money.
Im sure it looked great on paper. I even drank that kool-aid.
I am just trying to re-assess this current regime's strategic philosophy, and it now seems that releasing SJ will turn out to be a horrible blunder. I don't really want to think this way, but I am now wondering if we what we're seeing, and have seen, is arrogance rather than insight by this current Rams FO.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Releasing SJ looks like the correct call as is stands right now. He's be standing on the sidelines for us too if he were still here.