What's the latest on Pead?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
X said:
Has anyone gotten any kind of definitive statement from Fisher about what the delay is with Pead? At this point, I firmly believe that the entire fan base wouldn't mind starting Pead for an entire game (get all the carries) just to see what he can do. I don't care if he gets 1-3 yard gains for his first 25 carries. I just want to see him start and finish a game to see if he has what it takes.

+++ Co-sign!

Me personally; unless Stacy gets a shot and changes my mind... I'm thinking Pead is the most complete RB right now on this roster.

DRich is a speed guy. Can shoot through the hole. But he's easily tackled, not a short yardage guy, and I question his durability if used as a primary guy.

Cunningham is a nice story. He's potentially a good back. But I see more power out of Stacy and I'd put him over BC.

bluecoconuts

Legend
CGI_Ram said:
X said:
Has anyone gotten any kind of definitive statement from Fisher about what the delay is with Pead? At this point, I firmly believe that the entire fan base wouldn't mind starting Pead for an entire game (get all the carries) just to see what he can do. I don't care if he gets 1-3 yard gains for his first 25 carries. I just want to see him start and finish a game to see if he has what it takes.

+++ Co-sign!

Me personally; unless Stacy gets a shot and changes my mind... I'm thinking Pead is the most complete RB right now on this roster.

I'm in the same boat.

I've seen what Richardson can do, and I like the guy but he's obviously not working. I've seen just a little of the other guys but not nearly enough.

I want to either see each one take a turn at a starter, or see them rotate every quarter or something. I don't know but I want to get the run game going.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Pead would have been given that opportunity if he was even half way close to earning it. Half way close.

Instead,,, he was in street clothes on the sidelines during a super important divisional game.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Selassie I said:
Pead would have been given that opportunity if he was even half way close to earning it. Half way close.

Instead,,, he was in street clothes on the sidelines during a super important divisional game.
I hear ya. But at this point I don't care if he's earned it or not. I just wanna see if he can do it.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
X said:
Selassie I said:

I hear ya. But at this point I don't care if he's earned it or not. I just wanna see if he can do it.

With the state of our running game... I have to believe that they would put Lawrence Phillips in the game if he could pound out 1st downs.

With Pead being a 2nd round selection,,,, he'd be the first option even if he was only borderline points below the player performing just ahead of him in practice. His ass was in street clothes. He would be in the starting line-up if he was a bad-ass. Even if he was a fuck-up.

…..

Legend
We'll probably end up seeing a lot more of Benny C. than we originally thought if Pead doesn't get his shiot together.

Would love to be a fly on the wall at practice to find out more about these running backs cause right now I have no clue.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
I just don't think we have the talent in the RB corps that we need at all. I know some of you hate hearing it but we will more then likely draft a RB high next year.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Selassie I said:
X said:
Selassie I said:

With the state of our running game... I have to believe that they would put Lawrence Phillips in the game if he could pound out 1st downs.

With Pead being a 2nd round selection,,,, he'd be the first option even if he was only borderline points below the player performing just ahead of him in practice. His ass was in street clothes. He would be in the starting line-up if he was a bad-ass. Even if he was a fuck-up.
I'm not sure if I'm being clear. Even if he was the worst option at this point, I only want to see him in a game (a whole game) to satisfy my own curiosity. In other words, I want Fisher to do me a solid and put him in regardless of any extenuating circumstances. The worst thing that can happen is that he, too, gains about 20 yards and fumbles or something. The best thing that could happen is that he finally gets in a groove, gains some confidence, and turns his freakin' life around.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
X said:
Selassie I said:
X said:
Selassie I said:

I'm not sure if I'm being clear. Even if he was the worst option at this point, I only want to see him in a game (a whole game) to satisfy my own curiosity. In other words, I want Fisher to do me a solid and put him in regardless of any extenuating circumstances. The worst thing that can happen is that he, too, gains about 20 yards and fumbles or something. The best thing that could happen is that he finally gets in a groove, gains some confidence, and turns his freakin' life around.
I am with you on this one, X. What is there to lose?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
DR RAM said:
X said:
Selassie I said:
X said:
Selassie I said:

I am with you on this one, X. What is there to lose?
At this point ... nothing.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Thordaddy said:
Pead is perfectly positioned to become the savior of our running game

Knowshon Moreno was in about the same place IMO Pead is going to get a shot to win the #1 job after the egg DR laid Thurs
I wll be amazed if we don't draft a RB with one of our 1s next year

Knowshon ran for 947 yards 7 TDs and 2 more receiving. And this was his rookie year.

He has been hurt and had Willis McGahee in front of him recently on top of that.

No where near what Isaiah is.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Apparently Pead isn't in the place where he deserves anything. Dude was a second rounder, he must be acting out something fierce for him to be inactive and in street clothes on the sideline of an important game with our running game already as suspect as it is.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Our running backs are average as a group. Pead may provide some spark if he can get on the field, unfortunately our problem begins in front of the RB's and that is far from being solved.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
rdlkgliders said:
Our running backs are average as a group. Pead may provide some spark if he can get on the field, unfortunately our problem begins in front of the RB's and that is far from being solved.
Average is a compliment for this group. I am wholey uninspired by any rb on this team

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Tell me, what was the real reason we let SJ go? Was it because:

1) mgmt wanted RB-by-committe and SJ wanted to continue to be a feature back?
2) SJ wanted to go to a contender?
3) other?

bluecoconuts

Legend
Stranger said:

3) other?

Mixture of all three. Other being that they wanted to hand the team over to Bradford.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
bluecoconuts said:
Stranger said:

3) other?

Mixture of all three. Other being that they wanted to hand the team over to Bradford.
I don't know about that third option, I think other is that they were confident in Pead and Richardson's ability to take his place.

Their mantra on run hasn't changed any, even after having gotten rid of Jackson. I don't think they'd give up on the run just like that.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
bluecoconuts said:
Stranger said:

3) other?

I agree; they wanted Bradford to take on 'the' leadership role... to see how he would respond. It's still an open question.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Well, how I remember it is this. Jackson was on the hook for one more year because he didn't meet the statistical benchmarks in his contract that allowed him to opt out of his final year. Demoff and Jackson's agent let Jackson (per his request) void the final year of his contract anyway. Jackson wanted to test the free agent market, and didn't want to be a part of a RB by committee. He chose Atlanta because they were one of the few teams who wanted a bell cow. He even told his agent when he was on vacation that if teams called and didn't want to make him the feature back, to not even notify him. He was also cognizant that he only has a couple more years left, and figured the Rams were good, but not good enough to win a Super Bowl before he retired. Atlanta, per his calculations, was.

fearsomefour

Legend
OnceARam said:
bluecoconuts said:
Stranger said:

3) other?

I agree; they wanted Bradford to take on 'the' leadership role... to see how he would respond. It's still an open question.

I also think they were trying to remake the offense to be explosive. Jackson is not explosive anymore. He can pile up yards through chipping away and occasionally busting off a 30 yarder. But, he is a smart vet who can block and catch as well.
I think the Rams had visions of all the explosive passing plays (seems ironic now) setting up a running game with younger faster backs. There is also the thing of paying an "older" RB with a lot of miles on his tires money.
Im sure it looked great on paper. I even drank that kool-aid.