What's the latest on Pead?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
In the aftermath of this difficult loss... somewhat lost in our emotional state... Any news on Pead?

We've seen conflicting information:

Fisher's post game press conference:

(On why RB Isaiah Pead was inactive)

“No particular reason. We had intended on using (WR) Tavon (Austin) out of the backfield much more so than we did actually in the game. That’s pretty much where Isaiah…that was the role that he had last week. Then we wanted to see how (RB) Daryl (Richardson) was and so we’ll evaluate the running back situation based on the types of things we come up from the run game need.”

From Ram4life11:

"Rumor has it, his head isn't on strait...

They say last week he missed the team meeting before they left the facilities to head to airport for Dallas... He was so late he had to meet the team at the airport as they boarded the plane..."

Where does the truth lie?

I'm thinking Fisher fed us a line. It just doesn't make sense after the snaps he got in the Dallas game. There must be another reason and Ram4life probably has part of the story.

If Pead's head isn't on strait; where does that leave him on this team?

I've been scouring the news wires looking for an update... I've got nothing.

EDIT

And this from Balzer: (Probably confirms Ram4life's inside info)

"Isaiah Pead was inactive, and said afterward, "I have to make better decisions." That leads to the assumption that he did something off the field that warranted his benching after missing the opener because of a league suspension."

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Why didn't we see Tavon get a snap or two? The running game needed something - I would have been trying any back who dressed out there.

I know without blocking it might not have mattered much - but what was there to lose?

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
Pead sure looks like a bust. He's a high pick in his 2nd year and he can't get himself activated. That just screams bust.

I'm more concerned with how Fisher is gonna fix the running game. He doesn't have the horses either on the OL or at RB.

As DFarr said, the coach will say we will fix that, but there is a good chance that they don't fix that. And from what I can see, they don't have the ingredients to fix it.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Should we salvage what we can and trade Pead now?

Or... is his value so low (at this moment) it's better to roll the dice he wakes up?

Me: I'm thinking the latter.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
CGI_Ram said:

Or... is his value so low (at this moment) it's better to roll the dice he wakes up?

My guess is that he's out of football next year.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
max said:

I share your frustration. But, I've been hard on the guy and he showed me a little bit in that Dallas game.

I know the stats weren't there running the ball... but he looked comfortable on the field particularly catching the ball.

At this point I'm more worried (at least in the short term) about what he did to earn the benching. Hence this topic; looking for more information about what he did.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
There is nothing better out on the market right now, except maybe Michael Turner but he looks like he's done.

Unfortunately, they're stuck w/ him. Maybe he gets it together, but I doubt it. Guess we're just gonna have to deal w/ this stable and draft a stud RB in the draft. I'm already on the D'Anthony Thomas bandwagon.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Angry Ram said:
I'm already on the D'Anthony Thomas bandwagon.

Enough with the Small Running Backs...Give me somebody who's over 5-10 and 205lbs.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
CGI_Ram said:
In the aftermath of this difficult loss... somewhat lost in our emotional state... Any news on Pead?

We've seen conflicting information:

Fisher's post game press conference:

(On why RB Isaiah Pead was inactive)

“No particular reason. We had intended on using (WR) Tavon (Austin) out of the backfield much more so than we did actually in the game. That’s pretty much where Isaiah…that was the role that he had last week. Then we wanted to see how (RB) Daryl (Richardson) was and so we’ll evaluate the running back situation based on the types of things we come up from the run game need.”

From Ram4life11:

"Rumor has it, his head isn't on strait...

They say last week he missed the team meeting before they left the facilities to head to airport for Dallas... He was so late he had to meet the team at the airport as they boarded the plane..."

Where does the truth lie?

I'm thinking Fisher fed us a line. It just doesn't make sense after the snaps he got in the Dallas game. There must be another reason and Ram4life probably has part of the story.

If Pead's head isn't on strait; where does that leave him on this team?

I've been scouring the news wires looking for an update... I've got nothing.

EDIT

And this from Balzer: (Probably confirms Ram4life's inside info)

"Isaiah Pead was inactive, and said afterward, "I have to make better decisions." That leads to the assumption that he did something off the field that warranted his benching after missing the opener because of a league suspension."

Either that or it has more to do with his poor decisions on the field. :whome?:

iced

max said:
CGI_Ram said:

Lmao

I think there's a better chance of him starting than being out of football.

According to fisher the job is wide open - and I would love to see him get some touches, especially against Jacksonville.. and after last weeks performance in the run game, better believe he will.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
den-the-coach said:
Angry Ram said:

Enough with the Small Running Backs...Give me somebody who's over 5-10 and 205lbs.

I agree, but De'Anthony in the open field is virtually uncatchable. In fact I'm beginning to think they should do what the Packers did and get 2 rookie RBs in the draft. Get rid of them all.

iced

Angry Ram said:
den-the-coach said:
Angry Ram said:

I agree, but De'Anthony in the open field is virtually uncatchable. In fact I'm beginning to think they should do what the Packers did and get 2 rookie RBs in the draft. Get rid of them all.

Can't object to this - except I think I want a mauling o-line first so it doesn't matter who totes the rock with open lanes in front of him.

Drich has shown why he's a 7th rounder imo - bad hands, not great vision, can't break tackles or make a man miss, no yards after contact, got owned in pass pro, etc.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Average running backs behind a poor line with no reason to expect talent improvement.

This requires very good play design and calling. There are still ways to make it work but are they up to the challenge?

Whatever the reason, I hope Pead gets a ton of touches soon so he can either shine or be eliminated as a starter.

moklerman

Warner-phile
"No particular reason"?!?

Seriously? I'm perfectly understanding of coach-speak but Fisher doesn't sound like a guy who's got all the answers and is being coy, he sounds lost. Would it have been the end of the world for him to just say disciplinary reasons? He didn't have to go into detail but by trying to cover up or whatever he's doing, he just sounds like he's letting his pride get in the way by acting like there isn't a problem with Pead.

Which there obviously is. High 2nd round pick RB's don't have this much trouble getting and staying on the field. With the schlubs in front of him? With this offense so DESPERATE for help?

Good God, what if the reason is he can't learn Schottenheimer's offense...? :shock:

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Well ya have to give Peas this, he has been durable lol

If he missed a meeting and was benched for it , the "time will tell" factor becomes compressed
If he is a complete waste IMO we dump him by the bye, I'm still expecting him to become an asset

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Pead is perfectly positioned to become the savior of our running game

Knowshon Moreno was in about the same place IMO Pead is going to get a shot to win the #1 job after the egg DR laid Thurs
I wll be amazed if we don't draft a RB with one of our 1s next year

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Thordaddy said:
Pead is perfectly positioned to become the savior of our running game

Knowshon Moreno was in about the same place IMO Pead is going to get a shot to win the #1 job after the egg DR laid Thurs

Good point/comparison, Thor... on Moreno.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Has anyone gotten any kind of definitive statement from Fisher about what the delay is with Pead? At this point, I firmly believe that the entire fan base wouldn't mind starting Pead for an entire game (get all the carries) just to see what he can do. I don't care if he gets 1-3 yard gains for his first 25 carries. I just want to see him start and finish a game to see if he has what it takes.