What would you trade for Josh Gordon ?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
RotoWorld :
ESPN Cleveland's Tony Grossi reported Wednesday there is a "cynical point of view out there" that the Browns leaked a report about trade offers for Gordon in order to drum up more interest. Brown said he was not going to "entertain" that "speculation." It is important to note, however, Brown did say every player has a price, and saying the team is "not looking to trade" is considerably different than saying Gordon will not be traded. Gordon will most likely stay in Cleveland, but it is not a given. Aug 25 - 12:35 PM
Source: Cleveland Plain Dealer

After giving up a 1'st, 2'nd & 3'rd round pick to the Titans in 2016, and a 1'st & 3'rd in 2017, the Rams don't have a lot of available picks to move out of, although ... there is a good deal of speculation that the Rams will earn a 3'rd round Compensatory pick in 2017 :

turfshowtimes :
"If the Rams get a compensatory pick in the third round of the 2017 draft, the third-round pick sent to Tennessee will be the compensatory selection, not the standard third-round pick assigned to Los Angeles. If the Rams don’t get a third-round compensatory pick, the Titans get the Rams’ regular third-round pick, and the Titans seventh-round pick will go to L.A."

OK, we can't use a potential future 3'rd for a trade, but would you or do you believe the Rams would be willing to give our 2017 2'nd round pick for Josh Gordon, or do we have a player they would like coupled with a 4'th or later round pick which might make it work ?

Prior to a trade the Rams would probably want permission to work on a re-newing of Gordon's contract, but he won't be available until regular season game 5 anyway. I'd hope we would be up to it. Gordon added to our offense makes us very dangerous, not that we don't present a threat already, but this would really up the ante'. jmo

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Lays_Classic_Potato_Chips.jpg

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
My reaction to the above 4 posts :

:jerkoff:

Really ?, our WR corps is so exceptional that Gordon wouldn't be a huge improvement for our depth ? Fisher is known to work well with troubled players, and this guy seems to now have it behind him.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

The Browns have a million draft picks. How many new rookies can they bring into the team? They'd be crazy to let him go after all this time.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River

The Browns have a million draft picks. How many new rookies can they bring into the team? They'd be crazy to let him go after all this time.

Gordon will be a free agent after the season, and the Browns are stacked at WR. They drafted both Corey Coleman & Rashard Higgins.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
He was at one point an electric player - but is he still? Who knows? Plus - you are talking about giving up something for a guy who is one screwup away from getting suspended for who knows how long. The way I hear it, they won't let his grandchildren play in the league if he fails another test.

Still - I'm a gambler - so if they pull the trigger on him for a day 2 pick, I'll be kind of psyched.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I don't think so as he didn't play a single snap.

lockdnram21

Legend
My reaction to the above 4 posts :

:jerkoff:

Really ?, our WR corps is so exceptional that Gordon wouldn't be a huge improvement for our depth ? Fisher is known to work well with troubled players, and this guy seems to now have it behind him.
He hasnt played in over a year

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River

I don't think so as he didn't play a single snap.

Quinn and Ogletree didn't have many either, does that mean their career is behind them ?

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Nothing. He would take a roster spot from another player who might develop into someone they can trust. Can't trust him, and he's going to look back on his career someday and wish he'd pulled his head from his ass because the dude won't even be a footnote in the league history.

He could have really been something in this league.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Nothing. He would take a roster spot from another player who might develop into someone they can trust. Can't trust him, and he's going to look back on his career someday and wish he'd pulled his head from his ass because the dude won't even be a footnote in the league history.

He could have really been something in this league.

Rather have Quick, would you ? :LOL:

Thanks, but i'd prefer a shot at the play-offs THIS season.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Quinn and Ogletree didn't have many either, does that mean their career is behind them ?

What? I was answering the question about him getting no credit towards his rookie contract last season.