What will stop the hate for Bradford?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Sgt. Ram

the present moment is all you will ever have
you will most likely hear things like "It's about time" instead of the joy of success for the team.

Hey Man

Starter
Name
Hey Man
it will never stop until he consistently shuts them up. riddle me this. seriously you have douches like Romo getting constant hype all over the media yet he has done NOTHING in the post season. he slings it around all year and leads the cowboys to NOTHING! I dont care if he can sling it around cus he always chokes anyways. he has all the talent around him on offense and still fucks it up. So tell me all you "sports analysts" out there. give me one goddamn reason why someone like Romo is better then Bradford when Romo has all the weapons and still gets nowhere every year in the NFC Least of all divisions. They cant give you a reason cus they love sucking the tit of all these popular mainstream teams that had success decades ago. This is just one QB example of serious over hype with never any real results. Face it the analysts of pro football are nothing but grown ass men playing children with their mancrushes and favorite teams and no real logic will derail their bullcrap year after year.
Nice one well put. I have read all the posts so far and agree with most of them. I am a fan of Bradford ( I have his jersey ) ( throwback) and read and hear about the haters and say well that's your opinion and I agree with what most people say but also know that he has the potenail to be the guy, it just waiting for it to happen. How many mediocre QB's did we have before Warner ? Its who you have around you verses being the " guy"

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
"Hate" and "hater" are strong words and I've never understood them being linked with anyone in sports. Then again many words have lost their original meaning over the years.

As others have mentioned in this thread, SB needs to make it through an entire season without a major injury and produce. He reminds me of Marc Bulger who had all the necessary tools to be a winner but did not have a good O-line in front of him and got abused season after season. Only wins shut up the negative ninnies.

Hey Man

Starter
Name
Hey Man
Not saying Bradford is mediocre. Was Haden better? Bulger? Everett? Banks? Couple of them made it to the playoffs, Haden got us tho the superbowl but Faragamo finished it up? Are those qb's of our past better than Bradford? Just saying

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Sam's our QB there will always be people who 'Hate' the QB - didn't you know that 9 out of 10 fans can actually do a better job than him, i mean, he can't throw the ball for peanuts and his game management sucks....

Hey Man

Starter
Name
Hey Man
Here in Philly they are already wanting Foles replaced with Sanchez, go figure.

Ramatik

Starter
Sam Bradford could lead the Rams to 5 consecutive SB wins, cure cancer, end world hunger, broker in world peace, and discover the way to achieve hyper speed allowing us to travel and populate new star systems, and people would still complain about him.

Don't listen to stupid people.

True.

I think some of the criticism is warranted. I still have some questions in my mind. I hope he has a solid year this year.

As far as haters, (and just to be clear, just because you criticize aspects of Bradford's career, his game, or his looks doesn't mean you are a hater and everybody jumps on you because of it.) You can have the opinion that you don't like the guy, or that you want him to improve. I only want to punch you in the face and kick the living shit out of you if you whine every day about how rotten he is.

Think about this, we had a very large contingent of assholes who wanted to get rid of Kurt Warner. Who ended up leading another team to a Superbowl.

People are short on loyalty and faith.

And, some are just stupid.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I see all this crap about our QB needing to be replaced and blah blah blah. So what's it gunna take this year for everyone to just say, "Bradford is really looking like the player they drafted him to be". Stat wise, what would shut up the masses?
Consistency and wins. You just can't doubt a guy who goes out and balls every Sunday. I would like to see Bradford put a string of good games together, as opposed to a great game or two followed by a dud. I believe in him though.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
Pretty simple - he needs the Rams to make the playoffs.

If he has 3,500 yds + and 25/30 tds and 13/15 ints it might shut a few people up - but the other haters will look to the win column and use that as a stick to beat him - so really they aint gonna shut up until we get to the playoffs.

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
The truth is that I don't think anything will including a Lombardi or four. Some people will just always have an axe to grind re Sam no matter what. You can look at guys like Eli Manning and Terry Bradshaw for examples of other guys who have won multiple titles yet, for whatever reason, still have detractors. Quit worrying about consensus. It's never gonna happen. Who cares what the haters that infest the PD think?

AZRamsFan93

Consistently good QB play over the entire season while providing the leadership the offense needs to score at least 25 points a game. Better pocket presence and the ability to consistent make accurate passes on 3rd down while under pressure. I think he can do it this year. I hope he does. If he does then I will know Sam has what it takes to be "the guy".