What we can learn from Case Keenum's star turn and what's next

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

nighttrain

Legend
Well- if that is what you said, I personally don’t believe that . I think Wade Phillips has a lot of respect for Case Keenum.
The defense didn’t quit all season & might have even stepped up more if Case continued as the starter.

Once Goff replaced him the season was over. Hindsight is 50/50.

I’ll post back right or wrong on how Case finishes the season & career.

In no way am I saying putting Goff in was the wrong move either. The Rams made that decision before the season. I lost a lot of money last season as well.
This year I was in Vegas , but under a difficult situation. The Rams actually were a good Super Bowl prop bet as well. I do believe they can win it all.
Case & Vikings have a chance as well. Philly is the big test. Seahags are hanging in there. The NFC South is tough again.
i don't believe you are addressing the point that the Rams receiving was completely rebuilt. All our receivers sucked last season, new players, and these new receivers are awesome,
train

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Of course - Case never got much support as The Rams QB. He sure beat Goff on his first opportunity, & there is no disputing that either.

Did he? Or did the Vikings beat the Rams? I seem to recall it being a 7-7 game until Keenum got Adam Thielen matched up with Hatfield, our #6 CB.

But we'll likely see them again in the playoffs.

I wonder, did Tony say this before or after it came out that McVay is calling the defense and then changing plays at the LOS for Goff before they turn off the radio?

He said it two days ago. And don't even get me started on the laziness of people who are actually claiming the bold.

Dont know but who is to say Goff is still not changing McVays plays at the LOS if he sees something the coaches didnt. The communication is turned off at the 15 second mark and Goff took a lot of calls to the 2 second mark. My guess is coaches are telling him what they see, but Goff is making the final call at the line. Regardless it is pretty impressive that a 23 year old QB is making any calls at the line in his first full year as a starter. He has showed poise at making sure everyone knows there assignment.

That's too logical (and correct). Be more lazy, Boston. Assume that because a mic'd up video shows a couple plays where McVay told Goff what play to call when we were in hurry up that it happens on every play (despite the impossibility of that).

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
That's a good question. I think that we will never know the answer.

It will be interesting to see how Bradford ends his career. He has already been paid as much as any QB with his years as a QB.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
i don't believe you are addressing the point that the Rams receiving was completely rebuilt. All our receivers sucked last season, new players, and these new receivers are awesome,
train
At some point I’m sure I did. It’s a joke Tavon was signed as The Rams #1 wr.

Copper is better than he is in all phases except RB as Tavon Austin calls himself now.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Did he? Or did the Vikings beat the Rams? I seem to recall it being a 7-7 game until Keenum got Adam Thielen matched up with Hatfield, our #6 CB.

But we'll likely see them again in the playoffs.

He said it two days ago. And don't even get me started on the laziness of people who are actually claiming the bold.

That's too logical (and correct). Be more lazy, Boston. Assume that because a mic'd up video shows a couple plays where McVay told Goff what play to call when we were in hurry up that it happens on every play (despite the impossibility of that).

The Vikings have a tough schedule left. The Rams & Goff did well on the road. Vikings game is only loss on the road , including Europe.

Seahags game will be huge. Case won there with The Rams to a healthy team.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
www.rams-news.com, RamBills site, has a great interview that Adam Schefter did with Case Keenum.
Case, being as usual classy self, explains how proud he is of Jared Goff and the Rams and how happy he is for them.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
Props to Case .

Still want Goff to win the Super Bowl.
The Rams are still growing & have excellent balance .
Every Rams fan wants them to win a Super Bowl. My post has nothing to do with Goff, or the Rams.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Every Rams fan wants them to win a Super Bowl. My post has nothing to do with Goff, or the Rams.

LIKE I SAID props to Case Keenum !!

I think he plays for another the Vikings so , not a big fan of his team. E beat The Rams & held the starting job even when The coach was not committed to him. He has earned respect around the league.
—What that amounts to is questionable. What is his future ?? Another NFC player of the month award. Maybe even a Kurt Warner like career??