What To Expect From Goff?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Now that Goff is going to start, what can we expect from his performance? Prescott and Wentz shined, but that's not usually the case with rookie QB's.

Here's an example:

This QB had a 47.5% completion rate, 7TD's, and 14 int's, got picked for 3 pick 6's, 4 fumbles and lined up under guard to take snaps several times in his rookie season. Fans called him a bust, called for the coaches to be fired.

Who is he?

nanotech

Rookie
Now that Goff is going to start, what can we expect from his performance? Prescott and Wentz shined, but that's not usually the case with rookie QB's.

Here's an example:

This QB had a 47.5% completion rate, 7TD's, and 14 int's, got picked for 3 pick 6's, 4 fumbles and lined up under guard to take snaps several times in his rookie season. Fans called him a bust, called for the coaches to be fired.

Who is he?
troy aikman?

rafa

Starter
Name
Rafael

Here's an example:

Who is he?

Jhon Elway?

nanotech

Rookie

Here's an example:

Who is he?
No, John Elway. Last guess

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Manning?

I get your point, but normally rookie QB's are tasked to turn around a 2-14 team...Zac Prescott, Carson Wentz, and Jared Goff are not starting in that position..all three teams re starting on mediocre-good teams in their rookie year...

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
im no expert but i expect some rookie mistakes (picks...holding onto the ball stepping into pressue) with flashes of throws that make you go "ooo thats purdy " bombs bien dropped and lasers across the middle ...with pretty solid play all round ..and i think thats all we (fans coaches media ) should expect

tavian

Not me.I am waaaay uglier
Now that Goff is going to start, what can we expect from his performance?
Instant improvement over Case and he will get better every week.
The accuracy he displayed at college will show itself in flashes and
continue to become more consistent as he becomes comfortable.
Pundits can say what they want.Goff is the Real Deal.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
I hope this board and the Coliseum doesn't go into a cosmic meltdown if he throw 3 ints (one a pick 6) and fumbles twice...That's not at all outside the realm of possibility...Hope the 3 ints are TDs and the 2 fumbles are throw it aways...I just have no idea what to expect, though honestly I'm keeping my expectations low and my hopes high...Come on Goffmeister knock 'em dead...

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Jeff Fisher says he's ready so anything less than a significant upgrade from Keenum is a failure on Fisher part
Goff gets plenty of leeway, Fisher doesnt

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave

Here's an example:

Who is he?
My guess Brett Favre! When will we get the correct answer!?!

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I knew someone would get it right off. Good guesses.

Two time SB winner and MVP, HOF'er John Elway.

My point being you can't go by a rookie season to evaluate a QB. Just like in John Elway's case, it may take 2 or 3 seasons before being really good.

With Goff, I just want to see him progress.

TexasRam

Legend
TD's. Lots of them.

Lots of dropped passes and bonehead plays the first year but after that...

TD's. Lots of them.

Bombs away.