What To Expect From Goff?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dolphinlover123

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think my hope is that he can be an average NFL QB during his rookie year.

RamsCardsJazz

Starter
I hope this board and the Coliseum doesn't go into a cosmic meltdown if he throw 3 ints (one a pick 6) and fumbles twice...That's not at all outside the realm of possibility...Hope the 3 ints are TDs and the 2 fumbles are throw it aways...I just have no idea what to expect, though honestly I'm keeping my expectations low and my hopes high...Come on Goffmeister knock 'em dead...
Luckily I do not think the casual Ram fan knows who Mannion is. Ha!

Snaz

Pro Bowler
Name
Shawn
What did Dan Marino do in his rookie year, Other than take his team to the Superbowl? What was his first game like?

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What did Dan Marino do in his rookie year, Other than take his team to the Superbowl? What was his first game like?
They didn't go to the Superbowl in his rookie year. They lost to the Seahawks in the 1st round

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My point being you can't go by a rookie season to evaluate a QB. Just like in John Elway's case, it may take 2 or 3 seasons before being really good.
But Elway's rookie season was a success, they made the playoffs and he was a large part of that.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I think he'll hit 300 yards or damn near with a couple TDs but also a turnover or two. Miami's defense is really good at pressuring QBs, but to this point Goff has been going against an extremely varied defense in practice, so a lot of the things Miami does with the presnap looks and whatnot should be the kind of things Goff is now ready for.

The key for Boras is utilization of play action. Every pass of 5+ yards should have play action, do that and make sure you run enough to keep them honest and this offense should be able to have us in it.

TexasRam

Legend
It would be nice if Goff had a Warner type first game.

But looking around I don't see a Holt or Bruce or Faulk or Pace.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think we have to keep in mind the differences between the game now and the game 20-30 years ago. It's a lot easier ot be a rookie QB in today's NFL. We should be realistic with Goff, but I think comparing him to John Elway might set the bar too low. Elway played in a different era.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
I think he'll hit 300 yards or damn near with a couple TDs but also a turnover or two. Miami's defense is really good at pressuring QBs, but to this point Goff has been going against an extremely varied defense in practice, so a lot of the things Miami does with the presnap looks and whatnot should be the kind of things Goff is now ready for.

The key for Boras is utilization of play action. Every pass of 5+ yards should have play action, do that and make sure you run enough to keep them honest and this offense should be able to have us in it.

Kids going to have to hold the ball for more than 2.5 seconds if we're running PA every time. I don't think that's a good idea. We want him seeing the field and getting the ball out of his hands as fast as possible. Plus, with ZERO run game, PA is just a gimmick and the D won't respect it.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
We should be realistic with Goff, but I think comparing him to John Elway might set the bar too low.
Now THAT is a Goff homer everyone!!! Lolz. Love your optimism buddy. I will be ecstatic if he ends up being half the QB you think he will be.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
I expect similar production as Carson Wentz and Dak Prescott.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Now THAT is a Goff homer everyone!!! Lolz. Love your optimism buddy. I will be ecstatic if he ends up being half the QB you think he will be.

John Elway's rookie states. Not John Elway as a player.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Jeff Fisher says he's ready so anything less than a significant upgrade from Keenum is a failure on Fisher part
Goff gets plenty of leeway, Fisher doesnt

Fisher also said Keenum was not the problem on O, so I'm not to sure how much merit I put into anything Fisher says about the QB position. But I do feel Goff is an upgrade over Keenum and that the O will become more explosive with Goff at the helm, mainly just because Goff will be able to put the deep ball out in front of the WR, not well short requiring the WR to slow and wait for the ball.

Billy Baroo

How about a Fresca?
CxfSPh7WEAAc184.jpg

RamzFanz

Damnit
But looking around I don't see a Holt or Bruce or Faulk or Pace.

True. And you also didn't see much from Bruce in the two seasons before Warner emerged. Is it fair to say we may not know what we have yet in Britt, Quick, TA, Cooper, and Gurley?