What to do with Gregg Williams?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I'd personally love to see someone that runs a D like Seattle (yeah I know). Meaning more press coverage. I'm about sick of seeing us play 10 yards off when it's 3rd and 6.
We have a lot of talent on that side of the ball but it's not reached total potential. Think it's time to start fresh across the board.

If anything, that's what I'd like to see too, although I'm not sure we have the corners for it right now. Press coverage with our DL (assuming a healthy Quinn or a decent replacement) could be deadly.

fearsomefour

Legend
They actually got a number of 3rd down stops in the game and didn't play as bad as it looked on the scoreboard. Their first TD came off of an extremely short field due to a turnover, and two other of their scores were turnovers returned for TDs.

And let's not forget that prior to the Saints game, the Rams D was (I believe) 5th in scoring defense and 6th overall, which is incredible considering our offense is dead freakin' last or close to it in every meaningful stat. I think the Miami game broke their back though when Fisher and the O decided to sit on a 7-10 point lead for most of the game instead of really making an effort to extend the lead. The Rams D had before that held the Dolphins offense in check, and they had come into the game on a roll.

Mentally and emotionally, the D snapped in that game, and I think Fisher's fate was sealed then and there, because once the D fell apart with this O, there was no place to go but Uglyville.

I would love to see what the current D could do with a competent, if not good offense, and with a lead of a couple of TD's.
Agree with all of this.
I have been of the mind for awhile that one of the biggest things holding the D back was the O.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I'm not sure where I see Joyner on this defense...FS....IDK...I also doubt we keep 3 SS....And I doubt we re-sign a departing SS contract. Just by numbers alone, I don't see a place to sign TJ Mac...
Pretty sure Joyner stays at slot corner...in his contract year.

I am about 100% sure & I agree with you on the resigning of TJ McDonald he will depart & sign elsewhere. Just way too many other strong safety types signed here for 2017.

I strongly disagree with you on LJ, which has been the norm between you & I all season on LJ.(y);) Here's what I do know about LJ he is a major liability playing the Nickle especially when matched up with the #1 WR, which happens a lot. I would love to have this conversation with any of our fine members here who have a differing opinion.

You could use LJ as the Dime Back & not be damaged as much but after 3 seasons playing the Nickle & outside corner, I am ready to close the book on him in the Nickle Back post. If this 5-8 184 pound LJ can hold up starting the 2016 season line up in the SSLB'er position currently with 63 tackles 50 solo's I think it's safe to say he can hold up starting if need be @ either safety post without too much of an issue. He is one of the toughest defenders on this team:lifting:! LJ is not a NFL level corner & should not be included in the corner unit at all unless its emergency Nickle or Dime.

Another reason I do not see LJ back @ Nickle..... is this team already has a better Nickle here...its a player I have spouted off (not in a good way) for most of this season....EJ Gaines. I do not see EJ back at outside starting corner for this Rams team. However EJ current skills & talents will make him a outstanding Rams Nickle in 2017. Most members here believe that EJ will be fully healthy in 2017 & will return to starting outside material....I do not have that position. Its very wishful at best.

Fact is Bad Boy Troy Hill in his first season produced better as our outside corner & is sure to be in contention for one of the corner starting post posts. If Hill does not win the post then he will be our top reserve 3rd corner. Troy Hill is also signed for the 2017 season. Rookie Mike Jordan replaced EJ in the line if we recall the reason EJ was back in the line up was because of Troy Hill's demotion for DUI. Anyway Mike Jordan already has outplayed EJ. Jordan is signed for the 2017 season & could easy be our 4th or 5th corner.

Fact is the Rams look better in 2017 in the safety unit than any other Ram unit. So how could anyone to the opposite position here that safety TJ McDonald is a good place to invest Rams limited future cap funds when you already have the below player signed. Better you take that $$ & use it for a veteran CB! :bueller:

#1- SS Mark Barron 28/6 6-2/213 (2015 & 2016 starter)
#2- Free Safety Cody Davis 28/5 6-2/206
#3- FS/SS Lamarcus Joyner 27/4 5-8/184 (2015 & 2016 starter)
#4- SS Mo Alexander 26/4 6-1/220 (2015 & 2016 starter)
#5- FS Brian Randolph 23/2 6-0/200 (IR'd rookie season)

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
#1- SS Mark Barron 28/6 6-2/213 (2015 & 2016 starter)
#2- Free Safety Cody Davis 28/5 6-2/206
#3- FS/SS Lamarcus Joyner 27/4 5-8/184 (2015 & 2016 starter)
#4- SS Mo Alexander 26/4 6-1/220 (2015 & 2016 starter)
#5- FS Brian Randolph 23/2 6-0/200 (IR'd rookie season)
On Joyner's tackling alone...I'd like to see him at FS...hell try anything...we definitely need value outta this 2nd round pick. And I do like that safety unit...but I'll add one more....
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/college/ct-notre-dame-players-suspended-spt-20160821-story.html
http://www.und.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/max_redfield_856719.html

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
do you think longacre could be moved to lb.

Actually, if he lost a little weight, I actually think he could be a Bruschi type in a 3-4. I know I'd give him the chance. Guy's a solid football player. He's a guy you work with.