What to do with Gregg Williams?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Lesson

Oh, really?
In my opinion, everyone must go, aside from Fassel.

Williams is an extension of Fisher. I don't think the defense is the problem. It's the offense. But Williams must go.

Last edited:

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
I think he needs to go. Not a bad coordinator, but we don't need the baggage

woofwoofmo

65 Toss Power Trap
History shows a new HC is going to want his own staff. May have a couple stay especially if they have a previous relationship with whoever the new HC is. Williams doesn't exactly the reputation of being the easiest to work with,

Ram65

Legend
I don't like him. The defense hasn't been disciplined. The blitzes are predictable. Doesn't change things up.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I'm not really a fan. If you can't make a defense legit with a steady stream of first round picks on your D-line, then what do you need, exactly? Plus, I wasn't really into the whole "fucking motherfuckers, fucking fucks" motivational speeches. Give me a Dungy or a Lovie Smith type of guy. Someone who commands respect without the need to go ballistic every 5 seconds.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
Tell Him!

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't believe Fisher and Williams have been taking advantage of our defensive strengths. Sometimes it seems they negate our pass rush by playing 5 yards off the receivers. We give up a ton of yardage going downfield, waiting for the other team to make a mistake, and then we tighten up in the red zone. I get it. I just think playing tight coverage would result in more sacks. IMHO

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
I say replace him, but find someone with a 4-3/nickel scheme. Our line is stacked, and our LBs are scarce as well as limited

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
The new HC will pick his entire coaching staff. The last thing we need is a new HC dealing with a temperamental coordinator from the old coaching staff. I know this will be tough on the players, but an entirely new staff is best. With that said, if a new HC was to keep anyone I'm hoping it's Fassel. However, he probably has an allegiance to Fisher, so I could see him leaving even if asked to stay. Plus, he's a really marketable coach.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
I say replace him, but find someone with a 4-3/nickel scheme. Our line is stacked, and our LBs are scarce as well as limited
Good point. Hopefully a new HC will bring in a d-coordinator who runs a four-man front scheme. Otherwise we are going through a total re-tool of the front seven if we change to a three-man front.

oldrammer

UDFA
Name
Wakie
I don't like him. The defense hasn't been disciplined. The blitzes are predictable. Doesn't change things up.
NONE OF THE TEAM HAS BEEN DISCIPLINED......EVER SINCE FISHER CAME ON BOARD. This has to be one of the happiest RAM football days I can remember. I'm stoked that the anchor is gone.

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
Switch to more cover 2 concepts have killed us this year. I guess he did because we are playing with 2 SS but the better QBs in the league have really picked it apart.

Things need to change on defense, but probably should stay 4-3 even though I think the main man Donald can play anywhere. I think Quinn needs to be moved around more instead of constantly playing him against the opposing teams best lineman at LT. I think he could really expose RT if he was actually allowed to play there.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
That bend and eventually break scheme has run its course me thinks.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
Good point. Hopefully a new HC will bring in a d-coordinator who runs a four-man front scheme. Otherwise we are going through a total re-tool of the front seven if we change to a three-man front.
We have one real lb to start. Forrest looked good in limited action, who knows how he'll be post injury and if he saw a full game.