What to do at RB

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RB Options

• Draft a feature back.

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Sign a FA.

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • Do nothing.

Votes: 18 72.0%

• Total voters

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
My man-love for Lacy is out there for all to laugh at. If he is there in the 2nd...

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Let Steven go and either sign Chris Ivory or draft a HB. My favorite HBs(not necessarily highest ranked) are Stepfan Taylor, Le'Veon Bell, Dennis Johnson and Latavius Murray.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
jrry32 said:
Let Steven go and either side Chris Ivory or draft a HB. My favorite HBs(not necessarily highest ranked) are Stepfan Taylor, Le'Veon Bell, Dennis Johnson and Latavius Murray.

But what if the deal is right? Do you re sign SJ?

He's definitely a locker room leader. I don't know how to put a value on that.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
jrry32 said:
Let Steven go and either sign Chris Ivory or draft a HB. My favorite HBs(not necessarily highest ranked) are Stepfan Taylor, Le'Veon Bell, Dennis Johnson and Latavius Murray.
I don't like any of those guys. They all have stupid names.

Except for Dennis Johnson.
But "Dennis" doesn't sound tough enough for me.
So, it's re-sign Steven Jackson, or sign Chris Ivory.

UlPA7.jpg

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
CGI_Ram said:
jrry32 said:
Let Steven go and either side Chris Ivory or draft a HB. My favorite HBs(not necessarily highest ranked) are Stepfan Taylor, Le'Veon Bell, Dennis Johnson and Latavius Murray.

The deal being right would have to be like 1.5 million. Doubt SJ is going to be down for that.

GreeneCounty

Pro Bowler
Be intresting what teams would fork out money for S Jax would has a lot of miles on his wheels.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
jrry32 said:
CGI_Ram said:
jrry32 said:

The deal being right would have to be like 1.5 million. Doubt SJ is going to be down for that.

Where do you get the 1.5? Who anywhere near his capability could you get someone for that? Shit - I believe we brought in Cadillac for 2.2 or something. I think 1.5 is about what we paid for Norwood. I'm just pulling this out of my ass (memory) but I don't think it is too far off.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I haven't heard a RB name that can hold SJ's jock strap just yet so I think SJ is the way to go if a new contract can get worked out.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
RamFan503 said:
jrry32 said:
CGI_Ram said:
jrry32 said:

Where do you get the 1.5? Who anywhere near his capability could you get someone for that? shyte - I believe we brought in Cadillac for 2.2 or something. I think 1.5 is about what we paid for Norwood. I'm just pulling this out of my ass (memory) but I don't think it is too far off.

Cadillac made 685,000 as did Jerious Norwood. Where am I getting 1.5 million? It's what I'd offer him. I'm sure as heck not paying him the 7 million that he's scheduled to make. I could get a HB that offers similar running ability for that type of price(1.5 million). I could draft a HB with more potential ability and pay him less than that.

I respect everything that SJ has done but it's a business and HBs with his sort of mileage aren't compensated that well. He's lost a lot of burst and is in decline. I have no doubts that he could be effective in the right situation like Green Bay but I'm not going to sacrifice significant cap room that could go towards a younger, more vital player to pay SJ because of his history. HBs are replaceable. Just my opinion.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
jrry32 said:
RamFan503 said:
jrry32 said:
CGI_Ram said:
jrry32 said:

Where do you get the 1.5? Who anywhere near his capability could you get someone for that? shyte - I believe we brought in Cadillac for 2.2 or something. I think 1.5 is about what we paid for Norwood. I'm just pulling this out of my ass (memory) but I don't think it is too far off.

Cadillac made 685,000 as did Jerious Norwood. Where am I getting 1.5 million? It's what I'd offer him. I'm sure as heck not paying him the 7 million that he's scheduled to make. I could get a HB that offers similar running ability for that type of price(1.5 million). I could draft a HB with more potential ability and pay him less than that.

I respect everything that SJ has done but it's a business and HBs with his sort of mileage aren't compensated that well. He's lost a lot of burst and is in decline. I have no doubts that he could be effective in the right situation like Green Bay but I'm not going to sacrifice significant cap room that could go towards a younger, more vital player to pay SJ because of his history. HBs are replaceable. Just my opinion.
No way do they insult him with a $1.5M offer. He can be in decline, and he can lose his burst, but he's still one of the top RBs in the league right now considering he's not carrying the entire load anymore. You have to examine what the Giants pay their "thunder" for a parallel. Ahmad Bradshaw is scheduled to make $3.75M next year, with David Wilson a little under $700K. So I don't think it's gonna be $7M for Jackson, but it's also not going to be $1.5M either.

nighttrain

Legend
X said:
Chris Ivory, I think, would be worth consideration.
now i know he cant be drafted, but what i dont know is if he is an URF. If he is why not..or if we can trade for him, OK. Seems he doesnt fit in any of the catagories to choose from in this poll
train

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
nighttrain said:
X said:
now i know he cant be drafted, but what i dont know is if he is an URF. If he is why not..or if we can trade for him, OK. Seems he doesnt fit in any of the catagories to choose from in this poll
train
Just write in your own vote. Similar to how I voted for myself in the last presidential race.

Sent via Tapatalk2.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
This is not the first time I've heard Chris Ivory's name floated. He's certainly an interesting option but we won't be the only ones kicking the tires with NO.

I think SJ stays. Too much mutual "want".

Afro Ram

Pro Bowler
I say we play out what we have in Pead and Richardson. If anything go young or cheap. I wouldn't mind seeing Calvin Middleton back. I don't think he ever got a fair look. Of course this all under the assumption that Jackson won't be back and I don't think he will.

GreeneCounty

Pro Bowler
Afro Ram said:
I say we play out what we have in Pead and Richardson. If anything go young or cheap. I wouldn't mind seeing Calvin Middleton back. I don't think he ever got a fair look. Of course this all under the assumption that Jackson won't be back and I don't think he will.

I can see Jax not coming back because Rams front office will want him to take a big time pay cut.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
My bad on the other contract values. But I can see the Rams structuring a deal similar to Gore's last contract. Jax is a wee bit younger and by all accounts actually takes care of himself like no other. I'm guessing there would be some guaranteed money and a four year deal. I'm not saying SJ will see the end of that contract but he is at least as important to us as Gore is to the Whiners.

As I said before, I'd like him to retire in horns. I have faith in our CURRENT organization that a fair offer that doesn't cripple the organization will be on the table. The rest of the dominos will fall as they may. I just believe that the Rams see SJ as a vital tool for at minimum another year. Letting him walk would likely be just another delay in the progression of this offense unless we went after an actual replacement. IMO - We're not going immediately replace what SJ does for this team via the draft. And what would we spend if we could go after a slightly younger model in FA?

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
IMO, I don't think contract value is Jackson's goal. It's duration; he wants to be here when the Rams get to the playoffs and beyond. Offer him 3-4 more years and he'll bite.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Ram Quixote said:
IMO, I don't think contract value is Jackson's goal. It's duration; he wants to be here when the Rams get to the playoffs and beyond. Offer him 3-4 more years and he'll bite.

It certainly feels like the atmosphere is ripe for a win-win deal.

I'd like SJ to be given some post career Rams role.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
CGI_Ram said:
Angry Ram said:
Wow do nothing...so banking that SJack will be as effective? He barely got 1000 yards this year.

Pead is unproven guys...I think he can be good for 500-600 all purposes yards though. Need to get him involved.

We spent a 2nd rounder on Pead for more than 500-600 APY's.

I don't see the Rams spending another premium pick if SJ returns. (or even if SJ departs) :shock:

I agree 100%. In truth Rams can not afford #39 to return. We all know about Daryl Richardson and his very good rookie season he started out with a bang but as the season wore on #39 got most of the load. DR ended with 475 yds @ a little under 5 yds a pop. DR also had some of the longest runs showcasing excellent speed.he had rec. for almost 7 yds a catch.

Isaiah Pead is a forgotten player IMO he had 10 carries 54 yds 5.3 yd a run average had 3 receptions for 16 yds 5.3 yds a catch. Pead was the Big East offensive Player of the Year. he was the MVP of the Liberty Bowl & MVP of the Senior Bowl in 2012. he was also First team Big East selection @ RB. he was also known as an outstanding Punt Returner...none was showcased in his rookie season. before the Rams selected him in the 2nd rd he was well known to have an initial step comparable to some of the best NFL backs. He hit the hole explosively, which allowed him to get upfield & find the seams. He had good vision to get through the holes, he displays the lateral agility to make the first defender miss. He danced around defenders but preferred to cut once and go. His burst, footwork and vision allow him to be a viable pass-catching option out of the backfield.

In this poll I could not go with any of those choices. I would say that unless a dynamic tough mean banger drops to us like a Lacy starring us in the face with the second rd pick....that Snead & Fisher have invested two of their 2012 picks in RB's. Both Pead 5-10 197 & Richardson 5-10 196 are very young 22 & 23 & of the small size. Pead may yet burst on the scene yet. Another bigger back they have signed under contract is the Jest 6th rd 2012 selection pick in Terrance Ganaway from Baylor he is under 6ft tips out over 240 pounds he is only 24 yrs old too. Ganaway is thickly built, straight-linish, first & second-down back at his best when he is able to square his shoulders and roll downhill. Has a bull-in-a-china-shop style, but was productive as a senior short-yardage back who needed some time to develop in 2012. Has a great rare 37 1⁄2-inch vertical jump! The other Ram RB under contract is Chase Reynolds who is 25 yrs old too.

So with four second year RB's signed ....under contracted all healthy all having a yr of the NFL under their belt... I would count on S&F going with these yongins however a solid cheaper UFA will enter the picture as a Ram at some point before the opening of the first regular season game.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
X said:
No way do they insult him with a $1.5M offer. He can be in decline, and he can lose his burst, but he's still one of the top RBs in the league right now considering he's not carrying the entire load anymore. You have to examine what the Giants pay their "thunder" for a parallel. Ahmad Bradshaw is scheduled to make $3.75M next year, with David Wilson a little under $700K. So I don't think it's gonna be $7M for Jackson, but it's also not going to be $1.5M either.

He's not one of the top HBs in the league anymore. And there are a lot of rumors that Bradshaw will be a cap casualty. It's just what I'd personally offer.

nighttrain said:
X said:
train

Ivory is a RFA so it'll depend on his tender.