What to do at RB

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RB Options

• Draft a feature back.

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Sign a FA.

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • Do nothing.

Votes: 18 72.0%

• Total voters

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
So here's who we got...SJack, Pead, Richardson, Ganaway.

SJack is a monster, but we all know he's not going to be in STL much longer either go to a different team or retire.

I like Pead, but IDK if he can be a every down back, same with Richardson. Richardson also tapered off toward the end of the year.

Ganaway is ehh.

I'd say draft a feature back in the 2nd round. Jospeh Randle...that's my guy. Use him w/ SJack for this year, Pead as the 3rd stringer...and use Richardson in package.

Then when SJack leaves...Randle/Pead/Richardson.

Lookin good IMO.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
If Jack is back, I don't think they'll do anything (this year).

They could conceivably get one in the later rounds, but I doubt seriously they'll aim high in this draft.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I voted do nothing on the assumption SJ returns.

With him in the fold, we've got all we need.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I say draft a feature back if you can find one in the 2nd - 5th rounds. I do agree that nothing will be done other than trying to upgrade Ganaway if Steven Jackson is re-signed.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Wow do nothing...so banking that SJack will be as effective? He barely got 1000 yards this year.

Pead is unproven guys...I think he can be good for 500-600 all purposes yards though. Need to get him involved.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Do Nothing and draft best back available in the late rounds (5-7). I like Rex Burkhead of course :ww:

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Angry Ram said:
Wow do nothing...so banking that SJack will be as effective? He barely got 1000 yards this year.

Pead is unproven guys...I think he can be good for 500-600 all purposes yards though. Need to get him involved.

We spent a 2nd rounder on Pead for more than 500-600 APY's.

I don't see the Rams spending another premium pick if SJ returns.

(or even if SJ departs) :shock:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
What's equally interesting is that nobody (yet) wants to sign a free agent RB. I guess Snead's philosophy is being fully embraced by the fans now. He said (paraphrasing) that if you want the next big thing at WR or RB, then you have to develop your own.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
X said:
What's equally interesting is that nobody (yet) wants to sign a free agent RB. I guess Snead's philosophy is being fully embraced by the fans now. He said (paraphrasing) that if you want the next big thing at WR or RB, then you have to develop your own.

I think our FA dollars should be directed toward bigger holes on the team than running back;

WR
OL
OLB
S

I'm also on record saying I think the Rams should strongly consider one of the marquee free agent WR's. I'm not sure how to free up the cash or structure the deal, but it's time to stop messing around at WR and get Sammy a stud. If Quick and Givens continue to grow; then we're a juggernaut... and that's a far cry from anything we've seen around here since Torry Holt retired.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
I think a FA is basically the biggest waste of money for a team. Just off the top of my head, recent signings include the likes of Ronnie Brown to the Eagles, Hillis to the Chiefs, Jacobs to the 49ers, Bush to the Dolphins, Law Firm to Bengals...there's a trend there.

I guess you could count McGahee to the Broncos as a minor success and Sproles for the Saints, but that's about it in my mind.

As to the other point, I really think even if Jackson is gone, Richardson/Pead would be a good one-two punch. The only real problem is neither are too great at pass pro, but that was never Jackson's strength either. Both can catch and carry the ball between the tackles, I'm pretty confident they'd get the job done.

iced

Warner4Prez said:
I think a FA is basically the biggest waste of money for a team. Just off the top of my head, recent signings include the likes of Ronnie Brown to the Eagles, Hillis to the Chiefs, Jacobs to the 49ers, Bush to the Dolphins, Law Firm to Bengals...there's a trend there.

I guess you could count McGahee to the Broncos as a minor success and Sproles for the Saints, but that's about it in my mind.

As to the other point, I really think even if Jackson is gone, Richardson/Pead would be a good one-two punch. The only real problem is neither are too great at pass pro, but that was never Jackson's strength either. Both can catch and carry the ball between the tackles, I'm pretty confident they'd get the job done.

What about Drew brees to New Orleans, Michael Turner to Atlanta, Kurt warner to NYG/Cards, etc.

There's examples of both sides. Look at VJ and Nicks to Tampa.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
iced said:
Warner4Prez said:

What about Drew brees to New Orleans, Michael Turner to Atlanta, Kurt warner to NYG/Cards, etc.

Good call on those, I was thinking running backs more specifically though, my bad for not saying as much. Turner worked out well for Hotlanta, but still that's a whopping 3 running backs that have worked out well in recent memory. There are some great FA's that could benefit this team, Jennings could be a big add even though he's getting older or maybe they try and add Jason Jones again for some DT depth. It doesn't look like a strong FA class this year.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Chris Ivory, I think, would be worth consideration.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Marshawn Lynch would have to be on that list....

EDIT: That was a trade wasn't it....my bad

iced

Warner4Prez said:
iced said:
Warner4Prez said:

Good call on those, I was thinking running backs more specifically though, my bad for not saying as much. Turner worked out well for Hotlanta, but still that's a whopping 3 running backs that have worked out well in recent memory. There are some great FA's that could benefit this team, Jennings could be a big add even though he's getting older or maybe they try and add Jason Jones again for some DT depth. It doesn't look like a strong FA class this year.

Greg jennings is on the top of my Wish list for FA - I would love a Veteran Receiver but more importantly a crafty route runner to teach these young wide outs.

BTW another RB - Thomas Jones at first and then LT to Jets. They had a few good years left there. Also would be Reggie Bush to Miami, Cedric Benson to Green Bay

Lesson

Oh, really?
If Jackson stays, do nothing.

If he doesn't, bring in a RB. Whether it be the draft or free agency, I don't know. I'd like to see more of Ganaway before anything would be done, though.

Young Ram

Hall of Fame
SJ still has plenty left in the tank. If he stays we are fine at RB. I would rather improve the O-Line, WR, S, OLB.

RamsNation

Rookie
It's to early to give up on Pead already,we just spent a 2nd rounder this past draft that's not cheap.If SJ returns or not I don't think we use a high pick on a RB,probably just work with what we got.Which is how I would like it,no sense in using another premium pick on a RB when we got much greater holes to fill.

iced

If Sjax doesn't return, I'm comfortable with Pead or Richardson battling it out for a job. Unless there's a huge talent that is available in the first round or 2nd round

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I voted do nothing. But I think they should try to pull a gem out of the weeds. Much like BD used to say they would always look for a QB to draft, I think this FO is always going to look for a RB to draft.

I also think ALL of our RBs are better than the O-line will allow. I'd like to see SJ return behind an O-line that lets him get that first step instead of having to dodge their DTs in the backfield as Sam is handing him the ball.