What Titans Fans Are Saying Before And After The Game

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I think Goff and all our WR's are going to have A Season High game, stats and score wise, against the Titans!!(y);):D

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah,listening to Titan's media on their local ESPN station, the false belief that Goff is just being directed by McVay...Surely he gets advice until the headphones are cut off, but is that different from most any other QB in the NFL?
I've seen Goff make adjustments just before the hiking of the ball many times...The part that gets me, is that these iceholes act like their "insight" should be drunk like it's the finest wine...or their pearls of wisdom should be saved and stored away for life....I want Jared Goff to torch these motherfreakers!

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
DRr-rEaU8AAu3bC.jpg

View: http://www.therams.com/news-and-events/article-1/Rams-Titans-Face-Off-in-Christmas-Eve-Showdown-/b0102a88-d134-423d-a01c-e11af62830a7

Rams, Titans Face Off in Christmas Eve Showdown
Kristen Lago

The Rams will hit the road this Christmas, traveling to Nashville to face off against the AFC South opponent, Tennessee (8-6).

The Titans will be looking to get back on track after two consecutive losses on the West Coast, while the Rams are in position to clinch an NFC West title for the first time since 2003.

“Everything that we hoped for, dreamed for, and set our goals for is happening right now,” cornerback Nickell Robey-Coleman said. “So we just have to go out there, embrace it, and take advantage.”

The Rams improved to 10-4 with a statement victory over the Seahawks in Week 15. As such, a win this Sunday would guarantee the club a home game in the first round of the NFC playoffs.

But a victory at Nissan Stadium will be no walk in the park for L.A.

The Titans are currently in position for their own playoff berth. Tennessee trails Jacksonville by two games in the AFC South, but closing out the season with two wins would guarantee the AFC’s current No. 5 seed a spot in the Wild Card round.

“They’ve got a lot to play for, but so do we,” head coach Sean McVay said. “We know what’s at stake for us. We don’t shy away from the opportunity to go in a tough atmosphere — try to come away with our 11th win. And we know that if we’re able to accomplish that, that means a division championship as well. So it’s a great opportunity.”

Offensively, third-year quarterback — and former Heisman Trophy winner — Marcus Mariota leads Tennessee. The Oregon product has battled a hamstring injury throughout the season, but has still completed 62.8 percent of his passes for 2,832 yards and 12 touchdowns.

“People have been saying he’s a little banged up or whatever, but he’s still able to get out, get away from pressure, and make plays downfield,” middle linebacker Alec Ogletree said. “You definitely see the maturity that he’s gotten over the years and he definitely presents a big challenge.”

Complementing Mariota is the Titans’ two-pronged running attack in DeMarco Murray and Derrick Henry. Through 14 games, the duo has combined for 1,598 yards and 11 touchdowns — proving to be one of the offense’s biggest assets.

“They’ve got a power running game with two big backs that are big and fast,” defensive coordinator Wade Phillips said. “They can grind it out, but they can also make a big, long run on you.”

Fortunately for Los Angeles, the Rams’ defense is coming off of arguably its best performance of the season — a game where the unit recorded seven sacks and held Seattle to just seven points.

Phillips said that if the defense can duplicate the execution it showcased in Week 15, he is confident it will be just as successful against Tennessee.

“We had a tremendous game against Seattle,” he said. “We kept [Russell Wilson] from making some of those plays and we had a good rush. Pro football is matchups — you try to get as good of a matchup as you can.

“They’ve got a good group and so it’s going to be a big challenge for us,” Phillips added.

The Rams will also be looking to build upon last week’s victory on offense.

L.A. scored 42 points in Seattle — including a career-high of four touchdowns from running back Todd Gurley. But the Titans’ defensive front will challenge Gurley, particularly Pro Bowl defensive tackle Jurrell Casey.

Tennessee boasts the No. 3 rushing defense, allowing opponents an average of 87.2 rushing yards per game. And last weekend, the Titans gave up just 51 yards rushing to San Francisco.

“They do have a good defensive front,” right guard Jamon Brown said. “I think the focus is going to be for us to control the line of scrimmage. Our goal as an offensive line is to study them up, know what they like to do, know their tendencies and then we’ll go from there.”

While the Titans are giving up an average of 242.6 passing yards per game — which ranks No. 25 — the Tennessee secondary is flanked by several young and dynamic playmakers.

“Cornerback Adoree Jackson is very athletic. He’s a guy that’s going to challenge you, compete, and pressure the line,” wide receiver Sammy Watkins said. “And then safety Kevin Byard — he’s a little bit taller but he’s going to do the same thing.”

Through 14 games, Jackson and Byard have combined for 141 tackles, 28 pass deflections, six interceptions, and two forced fumbles. But even with the challenge at hand, Watkins said these are exactly “the types of matchups you look forward to.”

“Those guys are going to compete,” he said. “They’re young [and] they’ll be in your face, so it’s going to be fun.”

Though the Christmas Eve contest will undoubtedly be a fun one to watch, McVay said the team fully understands the intense magnitude of the game. He said the real challenge for the Rams this week will be embracing all they have to play for, while respecting their “one game at a time” mentality.

“For us right now, our sole focus and concentration is on finding a way to get a win against a tough opponent who’s got a lot to play for as well,” McVay said. “It’s going to be a great challenge, but we don’t shy away from what the implications are if we’re able to obtain the result. I think that’s served us well and the players have done a great job with that.”

View: https://twitter.com/Titans/status/944423252004237312

Podcast: Rams/Titans begins at 18:18

https://www.theringer.com/2017/12/22/16812654/playoff-spots-get-em-while-theyre-hot

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Yeah,listening to Titan's media on their local ESPN station, the false belief that Goff is just being directed by McVay...Surely he gets advice until the headphones are cut off, but is that different from most any other QB in the NFL?
I've seen Goff make adjustments just before the hiking of the ball many times...The part that gets me, is that these iceholes act like their "insight" should be drunk like it's the finest wine...or their pearls of wisdom should be saved and stored away for life....I want Jared Goff to torch these motherfreakers!
I want to see the Rams "Torch" them too! I want a 49-0 Blow-Out! But then I want that in every game so it's nothing New!!(y):LOL::yess:

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Liz listening to Nashville sports talk, no one is confident about this two game stretch, where they have to beat both the Ramsand the Jags. There will be no home field advantage according to them (empty stadium). They believe that Mariota is injured and is regressing.

I think we blow them out.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
As for their great home record, I believe our road record is even better...The Rams are straight up better, and so this should be a win and divisional championship.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
Rams will light up that hurt secondary early. By the 3rd quarter, the titans best chance, the run game, will be out the door. Titans are desperate but rams havent been this hungry for a win in many years. They want the division title now. Blowout is imminent.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
“They do have a good defensive front,” right guard Jamon Brown said. “I think the focus is going to be for us to control the line of scrimmage. Our goal as an offensive line is to study them up, know what they like to do, know their tendencies and then we’ll go from there.”

Anyone else think this is something McVay and Whitworth brought to the OL room? I find it hard to believe that the OL studied their opponent the past 5+ yrs. Shit they didnt look like they studied what they were supposed to be doing themselves.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Run Gurley early, mix in play action, spread the ball to all the different receivers, go deep on occasion,
AND DON'T TURN THE BALL OVER. Donald and Quinn will be disruptive again.

Rams are a better team in all three phases and should win this one going away.

RamWoodie

Legend
Let the Titan fans say what they wish. I'm gonna be there (God willing)...AND...I'm gonna be LOUD!!!. The Rams LOCK up NFC West with a win!!! Sure hate that I won't get to see "Greg the Leg" kicking...BUT...

RAMS GOTTA GET IT DONE!!!

Cydekikk

UDFA
We lose to the Vikings and I think to myself: beat the Saints and then we'll beat the Cardinals and we'll be 9-3 - at that point I won't stress about the season and the Eagles game is house money.

Then we lose to the Eagles and I worry about the Seahawks game all week long - but I think to myself, if we beat Seattle now we've wrapped up the division.

We beat Seattle and it's euphoric - and I would bet a lot of money that we win at least one of these two games - but all I can think to myself now is that we're going across country to play a team that needs a win desperately and plays well at home with an early start time...followed by the Niners who haven't lost with their new QB.

Long story short...I'm a little stressed about this game.

I understand exactly where you're coming from... I think as Rams fans of the last 10+ years, game-day anxiety is kinda baked into our DNA.;)

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter

View: https://twitter.com/Titans/status/944753219078569984

View: https://twitter.com/NissanStadium/status/944680282992541706

http://www.titansreport.com/topic/30260-how-to-beat-the-rams/

How to beat the Rams?

Im not expecting us to spread the field. Donald will need to be chip and double teamed every play. Robert Quin is still a beast. The secondary is above average. I think we win, just not sure how.
----------
Well sims is out and it looks ryan is out. We’re done
-----------
Hypnosis turning Mariota into the QB he was during the 8 game stretch in ‘16.
----------
Deflate the footballs?
---------
The Rams are going to hang 40 on us. I doubt it will be close.
---------
Bring guns
----------
Score more points than them.
----------
Do something different on offense from what you've done the last 14 games? Just a thought...
----------
Attack with the short pass and control the clock. Pass, pass, pass. Get the ball out quick and mix in some hurry up. Even when the RBs hit them for a big gain, go right back to the quick pass. Take away Gurley. Goff will beat our secondary, but we have to put the whole game on him. When we do get there, hit Goff hard. Pray for a cold wave.
----------
Main thing is stopping Gurley.
----------
Stop Gurley and control the clock. We cannot punt the ball much because that offense is damn good.
----------
Sam Fricken whose never kicked in the regular season will probably break multiple records for the Rams and nail a game winning Field goal, because that's our luck.
---------
I'm actually more concerned they'll be going for it on 4th and 5 or less because they don't trust their kicker. They'll likely convert a few of them.
---------
Gotta stop the run. Show pressure, and back out. Make Goff think while he is attemting to beat you. Offensively, take your shots to keep Rams D honest. Stay out of 3rd down. Maybe move Mariota to keep him away from pass rush. Mindset has to be a need for 30 points at the least.
---------
Will we have time to throw deep without a running game?

It's kinda like being jailed on Alcatraz. One prisoner says let's build a boat. The other one says, let's did a tunnel.
---------
Three things.

• Run the ball effectively, eat up the clock and keep Goff off the field.
  • Defensively get off the field on 3rd down.
  • Positive turnover ratio and make a some plays on special teams to help Marcus with good field position
Tall order, I know, but it may be the only way to pull a win out.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame

View: https://twitter.com/Titans/status/944753219078569984

View: https://twitter.com/NissanStadium/status/944680282992541706

http://www.titansreport.com/topic/30260-how-to-beat-the-rams/

How to beat the Rams?

Im not expecting us to spread the field. Donald will need to be chip and double teamed every play. Robert Quin is still a beast. The secondary is above average. I think we win, just not sure how.
----------
Well sims is out and it looks ryan is out. We’re done
-----------
Hypnosis turning Mariota into the QB he was during the 8 game stretch in ‘16.
----------
Deflate the footballs?
---------
The Rams are going to hang 40 on us. I doubt it will be close.
---------
Bring guns
----------
Score more points than them.
----------
Do something different on offense from what you've done the last 14 games? Just a thought...
----------
Attack with the short pass and control the clock. Pass, pass, pass. Get the ball out quick and mix in some hurry up. Even when the RBs hit them for a big gain, go right back to the quick pass. Take away Gurley. Goff will beat our secondary, but we have to put the whole game on him. When we do get there, hit Goff hard. Pray for a cold wave.
----------
Main thing is stopping Gurley.
----------
Stop Gurley and control the clock. We cannot punt the ball much because that offense is damn good.
----------
Sam Fricken whose never kicked in the regular season will probably break multiple records for the Rams and nail a game winning Field goal, because that's our luck.
---------
I'm actually more concerned they'll be going for it on 4th and 5 or less because they don't trust their kicker. They'll likely convert a few of them.
---------
Gotta stop the run. Show pressure, and back out. Make Goff think while he is attemting to beat you. Offensively, take your shots to keep Rams D honest. Stay out of 3rd down. Maybe move Mariota to keep him away from pass rush. Mindset has to be a need for 30 points at the least.
---------
Will we have time to throw deep without a running game?

It's kinda like being jailed on Alcatraz. One prisoner says let's build a boat. The other one says, let's did a tunnel.
---------
Three things.

• Run the ball effectively, eat up the clock and keep Goff off the field.
  • Defensively get off the field on 3rd down.
  • Positive turnover ratio and make a some plays on special teams to help Marcus with good field position
Tall order, I know, but it may be the only way to pull a win out.

I love the super generic advice they're giving.

Get off the field on third down. Make special teams plays. Stop Gurley.

I'm thinking, "yes but how would you do that?" Only one or two people had any real insight. Hopefully their coaches are doing the same thing.

"Alright gentleman. Welcome to the Monday o line meeting. We only have one goal this week: defeat the defense. Everybody got that?" Puzzled nods from all the players. "Alright then. Everybody go home. I'll see you Sunday."

And before anybody says there's no way that's happening, I truly believe this is the kind of advice and coaching the last staff gave out at least once.