What Titans Fans Are Saying Before And After The Game

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
The Titans fans are ticked off after their latest loss to the 49ers. At 8-6 they have no margin for error but must win out in order to get a sniff at the playoffs. The Rams will be facing a desperate team that has lost two in a row and is 5-1 in their house. They've beaten the Jaguars and Seahawks so this team is no push0ver.
**********************************************************************************

View: https://twitter.com/Titans/status/942962586470858752

http://www.titansonline.com/news/ar...Mularkey/1e428620-ed1b-4882-8430-cab7bd458d3c

Six Hot Topics From Presser with Titans Coach Mike Mularkey
Jim Wyatt

NASHVILLE, Tenn. – Titans coach Mike Mularkey met with reporters on Monday at Saint Thomas Sports Park, one day after the team’s 25-23 loss to the 49ers.

This Sunday, the Titans will face the Los Angeles Rams at Nissan Stadium.

Here’s a look at six hot topics:

3rd and 2 play

Down 22-20 in the closing minutes, the Titans were faced with a third-and-2 from the San Francisco 32.

A handoff to running back DeMarco Murray was stuffed for no gain, and the Titans kicked a field goal with 1:07 left to take a 23-22 lead. The 49ers, of course, used the extra time to put together a quick drive, and win it with a kick of their own.

After the game, Titans quarterback Marcus Mariota said he wished he would’ve checked from a run to a pass to get the first down. On Monday, Mularkey said the same.

But he also said the play called should’ve worked.

“As I stand here (today), yeah I wish he would have,” Mularkey said. “But at the time, no, I thought the play was going to split them and get us a first down and not put us in a negative situation. … We felt like it was a quick hitter.

“The play does come with the ability to get out of it. He does have that right, and I trust his decision-making. He has put us in a lot of good plays.”

Mularkey said the 49ers simply won the play, but the defensive alignment was a favorable run situation for the Titans, he said.

More no-huddle?

Mariota completed 23-of-33 passes for 241 yards, two touchdowns and a passer rating of 110.8 yards against the 49ers.

He looked especially comfortable working in the no-huddle.

So, will the Titans use more of it moving forward?

“I am into my first game watching the Rams,” Mularkey said. “We’ll know more once we get an idea of how we want to attack their scheme. But that is every week. It is in our discussions, we practice it. … It just depends on who we are playing, the defensive scheme, and if we feel it is a good way to attack, then it will be in.”

While working in the no-huddle, Mariota usually has a framework of plays he can choose from during the game.

Mularkey estimated the Titans ran the no-huddle ¾ of the contest on Sunday.

Communication issues

The Titans allowed 49ers quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo to complete 31-of-43 passes for 381 yards on Sunday, including a late drive that produced a game-winning field goal.

In the locker room, players blamed communication issues.

Mularkey said the breakdowns came on coverages the team has been using all year.

“It was at the wrong time,” Mularkey said. “Since the Houston game, we have been really good about giving up explosive plays, and yesterday they hurt us.”

Turnovers

The Titans have done a great job generating pressure in recent weeks. The defense now has 40 sacks on the season, which is 10th in the NFL.

But turnovers have been tough to come by, especially of late. Safety Kevin Byard has six interceptions on the season, but the Titans have just 10 as a team. Fumble recoveries have been tough to come by. The Titans are a minus-7 in the takeaway/giveaway category.

“It’s the different between winning and losing every week,” Mularkey said. “It is a big emphasis. We talk about it, and it’s on the board every week. It is a huge emphasis, and we need to start doing it. You can talk all you want about it, put it all over the message board, but we need to start making the plays.”

Mularkey thought linebacker Erik Walden intercepted a pass that was ruled a 49ers catch on Sunday.

Cornerback Adoree’ Jackson let a catchable pass escape his grasp.

“Great coverage, he just needs to come down with the ball,” Mularkey said. “It was one he should have made.”

Mindset

The Titans have a big challenge coming up on Sunday against the Rams.

The Rams are 10-4, and ranked ninth in the NFL in total offense. The Rams are tied for second in the NFL in scoring.

Mularkey said the Titans need to focus, and play better. A lot is at stake, he said. The Titans control their own playoff destiny – win against the Rams and Jaguars, and they’re in.

“(The players) know where we are at,” he said. “They know we have a great opportunity sitting right in front of us that is very reachable if we come in here the way we’ve come in here, with the mindset of getting a good week’s work of preparation.

“… We need to put 60 minutes of good football together, one game at a time.”

Injuries

Titans linebacker Derrick Morgan (knee) is expected back this week vs. Rams.

Titans cornerback Logan Ryan (ankle) is day-to-day after suffering an injury vs. the 49ers. He’ll be revaluated on Wednesday, Mularkey said.

Defensive lineman Karl Klug (groin) isn’t expected to play vs. the Rams, but he will be monitored during the week.
------------
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...s-predictable-titans-to-find-more-creativity/

Rishard Matthews wants predictable Titans to find more creativity
Posted by Charean Williams on December 18, 2017

894388032-e1513654242947.jpg

Getty Images

Titans receiver Rishard Matthews had 24 hours to consider his postgame comments critical of of the team’s offense. Instead of backing down, he doubled down.

Matthews said the Titans are too predictable at times.

“Yes, I believe so,” Matthews said, via Terry McCormick of titansinsider.com.

Matthews wants the Titans have to find more “creativity” in their offense.

“We’ve just got to have some more creativity, study going in to set up matchups week to week,” Matthews said. “We can’t be repetitive and doing the same thing over and over. The guys on the other side get paid too. We’ve just got to do a better job of creating matchups. That’s all it is.”

Matthews is campaigning for the Titans to use the no-huddle offense more often, repeating Monday what he said Sunday after the team’s loss to the 49ers.

“I feel more comfortable with Marcus [Mariota] calling the shots. That’s just what it is right now,” Matthews said “Because anything goes. Marcus is back there reading the defense. You don’t know what he’s going to call, and it’s shown over the time that when he’s doing that we’ve moved the ball pretty well and done it pretty easy. And I like doing it.”
------------
Less predictable? First start with being less boring. Watching the Titans play football is like watching a wet rock dry
----------
That smashmouth isn’t lookin so exotic these days
----------
Maybe they can’t get very creative because Rishard Matthews is their best WR.
----------
Dullest team in the NFL, bar none.
---------
I gave Mike the benefit off the doubt, but seeing what the Rams are doing with their new coach makes me sick (for my Titans, not for the Rams. Good on them!). I was willing to wait and see and not be like many Titans fans and call for Mike’s job before the season was out, but it’s getting pretty hard to defend him. The Titans are a game or two away from missing the playoffs after a very promising start. We certainly can’t blame everything on the coach, but if the players are starting to turn on him…
------------
http://www.tennessean.com/story/spo...iny-despite-two-game-losing-streak/960096001/

Why the Titans still control playoff destiny despite two-game losing streak
Jason Wolf, USA TODAY NETWORK – Tennessee

The Titans still control whether they make the playoffs, despite consecutive road losses to the Cardinals and 49ers.

Win out, and they’re in.

Victories against the Rams (10-4) and Jaguars (10-4) in the final two regular season games at Nissan Stadium would give the Titans a 10-6 record, and ensure they qualify for at least a wild card berth, their first trip to the playoffs since 2008.

The Titans, Ravens and Bills all have 8-6 records and are vying for one of two wild card spots. But the Titans own the head-to-head tiebreaker against Baltimore, on account of their 23-20 victory against the Ravens on Nov. 5 in Nashville.

"We have a chance to still get in the playoffs," Titans coach Mike Mularkey said. "We have to win at home with two games that we have. We have to win the first one first, and that'll be all we talk about is winning that one at home, the next one."

Of course, beating the Rams and Jaguars is easier said than done, especially for a group that’s lost two consecutive games to teams with 10 victories combined.

But the Titans have been a far more formidable opponent at home.

They own a 9-1 record in their last 10 games in Nashville.

"We're really good at home," quarterback Marcus Mariota said, "and I know I'm looking forward to being back there."

Winning just one of the final two games would give the Titans a second consecutive winning season, but make their prospects of reaching the postseason far more difficult.

The AFC South title will belong to Jacksonville, should the Jags win a road game against the Niners next weekend, or the Titans lose to the Rams.

Should the Titans defeat the Rams and the Jaguars lose to the 49ers, the Titans and Jags will play for the division title in the regular season finale.

The Titans have a 12.4 percent chance of winning the division and a 69.5 percent chance of reaching the postseason, according to MakeNFLPlayoffs.com.

"The mentality, I hope, is to go out there and win these next two," wide receiver Rishard Matthews said. "Practice hard throughout the week and do what you got to do to help this team win. That's our mentality."

WEEK 16: RAMS (10-4) AT TITANS (8-6)

When: Noon, Sunday

TV/radio: FOX / 104.5-FM
-----------
What I hate most about this losing streak is that the fans are not going to show up for either game, despite the importance. It's going to be a half empty stadium for the Rams, and might be even worse for the Jags if the Titans lose.

I will be there for both games, but Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve are terrible days to host games when the fanbase has all but given up.
----------
They will lose the next two and be out...mediocrity, thou art the Titans!

Zodi

Hall of Fame
Titans are 5-1 at home, but the Rams are 7-1 away from LA-- with that lone loss coming against the Vikings, of course.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I hope the Titans are angry and pressing. They are more likely to play sloppy. The Rams look to be firing on all cylinders and are healthy. Mularkey trying to grind it out with a Run game won’t keep up with Rams scoring.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
Funny to see the fan comments....boring football and so on

Mariota, Derrick Henry and DeMarco Murray are your best players on offense and the FANS want them to be "creative"?

Code for sling it all over the field?

How did the Rams slay the old division champs?

They ran the football right up their ass! 200+ yards rushing.

And, played defense.

In other words, boring football.

Count me in...

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
Make sure we put these guys away. I don't want this being a let down after such a big victory against the searats

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We lose to the Vikings and I think to myself: beat the Saints and then we'll beat the Cardinals and we'll be 9-3 - at that point I won't stress about the season and the Eagles game is house money.

Then we lose to the Eagles and I worry about the Seahawks game all week long - but I think to myself, if we beat Seattle now we've wrapped up the division.

We beat Seattle and it's euphoric - and I would bet a lot of money that we win at least one of these two games - but all I can think to myself now is that we're going across country to play a team that needs a win desperately and plays well at home with an early start time...followed by the Niners who haven't lost with their new QB.

Long story short...I'm a little stressed about this game.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We lose to the Vikings and I think to myself: beat the Saints and then we'll beat the Cardinals and we'll be 9-3 - at that point I won't stress about the season and the Eagles game is house money.

Then we lose to the Eagles and I worry about the Seahawks game all week long - but I think to myself, if we beat Seattle now we've wrapped up the division.

We beat Seattle and it's euphoric - and I would bet a lot of money that we win at least one of these two games - but all I can think to myself now is that we're going across country to play a team that needs a win desperately and plays well at home with an early start time...followed by the Niners who haven't lost with their new QB.

Long story short...I'm a little stressed about this game.
lol..listen to Coach McVay..."We don't worry about winning...get the process right and the winning comes"...Maybe not an exact quote, but we just need to finish out the season focused intently on the Titans this week and good things will come. WE ARE A GOOD TEAM, bro...This isn't Fishers Rams anymore where we would lose a game like this.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Matthews is campaigning for the Titans to use the no-huddle offense more often, repeating Monday what he said Sunday after the team’s loss to the 49ers.

“I feel more comfortable with Marcus [Mariota] calling the shots. That’s just what it is right now,” Matthews said “Because anything goes. Marcus is back there reading the defense. You don’t know what he’s going to call, and it’s shown over the time that when he’s doing that we’ve moved the ball pretty well and done it pretty easy. And I like doing it.”

Interesting quote....

They own a 9-1 record in their last 10 games in Nashville.

"We're really good at home," quarterback Marcus Mariota said, "and I know I'm looking forward to being back there."
Didn't know this....

Taylor Lewan....excellent combine....I wanted HIM as our LT....but was ok with Greg Robinson....Michigan guy...pro style offense...yada yada yada.....heard this before?

This will again be a tough game...don't know what is gonna happen...but expect a dogfight.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
Interesting quote....

Didn't know this....

Taylor Lewan....excellent combine....I wanted HIM as our LT....but was ok with Greg Robinson....Michigan guy...pro style offense...yada yada yada.....heard this before?

This will again be a tough game...don't know what is gonna happen...but expect a dogfight.

Agreed, the Titans are tough at home

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
We know how to play against scrambling QBs, a la Kaep and Wilson. All we need to do is commit to stopping the run and force them to try and pass the ball. Mariota throws a lot of picks which should make things fun for Joyner. They do have beast lines on both sides of the ball, however.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Easier said than done.
Really liked the way they put their O-Line together....and they got rid of a couple guys I liked in some college tapes, Schwenke and Warmack.
Let's see how that "great" Oline handles getting punked by AD up the middle every down...:rockon:

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Titans are 5-1 at home, but the Rams are 7-1 away from LA-- with that lone loss coming against the Vikings, of course.
I'd also add the game in London as a road game, even though we were considered the "Home" team. I know Arizona had to travel too, but we were not in the confines of the Coliseum, so in my mind we are really 8-1 on the road.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Make sure we put these guys away. I don't want this being a let down after such a big victory against the searats
I really think our guys know what's at stake and don't see them coming in flat after a big win. The key is to jump on them early similar to what we did in Seattle.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'd also add the game in London as a road game, even though we were considered the "Home" team. I know Arizona had to travel too, but we were not in the confines of the Coliseum, so in my mind we are really 8-1 on the road.
That's with London, this week if we win it'd go to8-1.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We know how to play against scrambling QBs, a la Kaep and Wilson. All we need to do is commit to stopping the run and force them to try and pass the ball. Mariota throws a lot of picks which should make things fun for Joyner. They do have beast lines on both sides of the ball, however.
Helps that Mariota is on a bad leg

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom

We can’t even be 7-1 on the road now.
We only have 8 road games and next Sunday is our last.
We have to be 6-1 on the road now.