What The?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
yes of course there were more Rams fans during that time but st. Louis has a multi decade, multigenerational history with their baseball team and they don't just love them they adore them

They didn't adore them much in the 70's and the last years of the brewery ownership in the early 90's. A ticket was easily obtained, even field boxes (box seats). I remember when the Rams first moved here one could not get a ticket. I resided in Fairview Heights at the time and we'd go to the Landing to watch the games and be close to the atmosphere. How were so many PSL's sold to support the team? This was before the GSOT era, when all we had was a semi run the one season with Rich Brooks at the helm.

You will see many Dallas fans at the Dome tomorrow, as there are many Dallas fans in the area. Just like you saw many Bear fans at the Dome last year. Fans do travel. If St. Louis is such a baseball town, why do you see so many Cub fans here when they're in town? What's also amazing with the Rams games I've been to in the Linehan and Sprags era's has been the upper bowl seats being filled with Rams fans. The lower bowl is usually where it has been noticeable for other fans. These are prime seats that people sell on stub hub and etc.

There are other reasons for lack of fan attendance these days, but I don't have the time for that now. Being from the local area most of my life, I have to agree with Rams and Gators and Thordaddy in this thread.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

went down to the arch, amazing sight. Saw a couple of guys in rams gear.

Yes, I figured the cards were playing the Reds. Why else would there be so many Reds fans here. I just thought I would see more people with some sort of rams apparel on their body, even just a cap.

Not that I care. it was just weird. Not what I expected at all. Hope we're not outnumbered tomorrow by Cowboys fans.

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff

went down to the arch, amazing sight. Saw a couple of guys in rams gear.

Yes, I figured the cards were playing the Reds. Why else would there be so many Reds fans here. I just thought I would see more people with some sort of rams apparel on their body, even just a cap.

Not that I care. it was just weird. Not what I expected at all. Hope we're not outnumbered tomorrow by Cowboys fans.

kurtfaulk,

I know many Cowboy fans in the local area so you'll probably see many from this neck of the woods, as well as some traveling from the Dallas area. Just be loud and enjoy man.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
St. Louis is a hell of a sports town.

I get that the Rams aren't getting the love of the Cardinals... But one is a perennial winner and the other hasn't had "winner" associated with a single season in many years.

People want to suggest the team lacks support, but that STL fanbase is as loyal as they come. They just need to believe the ownership/management is committed. JayZ screwed that pooch and poor Stan has to rebuild it.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
kurtfaulk,

I know many Cowboy fans in the local area so you'll probably see many from this neck of the woods, as well as some traveling from the Dallas area. Just be loud and enjoy man.

I plan to enjoy, if the rams let me.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
This thread is starting to sound like every " ST. Louis Ram Fan" is and only will be a Fan IF the Rams WIN. I Find that Totally repulsive and unbelievable!! I Don't believe that for one minute!! But a few of you need to be "Bitch Slapped!" Like 'Gibb's does to 'DeNozio' on NCIS!

Philly5

Rookie
NFL teams play just 8 home games each season. Other cities manage to enthusiastically support their team despite long term losing.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I need to post a poll. I'm not sure many of you who haven't lived in or near St Louis can say what kind of town it is.
Perception can be opinionated upon, sure. MY perception of St Louis(living 1500 miles away) is that it is a baseball town, and a pretty strong sports town in general. Having stated my opinion...i don't really know shit unless it's my town.

ShaneFalco

NFL teams play just 8 home games each season. Other cities manage to enthusiastically support their team despite long term losing.
when you have the 10 year worst record of losses, or somewhere close to that, of ALL the NFL. Dont expect people to show that much.

If the Rams make the wildcard, or a playoff game just one year, you will see a ton of people come back. But its been 10+ years.

Other cities do not always support their team despite long term losing. Why do you think they moved to STL in the first place? or the Cardinals to AZ? Look at Raiders stadium on gameday. See how many seats are covered with tarp. Heck even the Chargers have more orange then blue in their seats when DEN plays them.
JAx cant event get people to fill the upper half, so they started building pools in the stadium.

You cant expect people to buy into a shitty product. And until that changes, expect 1 or 2 plays from Rams game on SC, if that. And expect it to continue.

Also Shaun Hill is not the most exciting prospect for the season as well.

I love the rams, but blaming their city, or fanbase, is not the correct way to go about it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Philly5

Rookie
Other cities do not always support their team despite long term losing. Why do you think they moved to STL in the first place? or the Cardinals to AZ? Look at Raiders stadium on gameday. See how many seats are covered with tarp. Heck even the Chargers have more orange then blue in their seats when DEN plays them.
JAx cant event get people to fill the upper half, so they started building pools in the stadium.

I did not say 'all' or 'always'. I agree we are right there with the Raiders and Jags. Plenty of other losers doing much better though. Would think with only 8 games people would go just for the event.

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
This thread is starting to sound like every " ST. Louis Ram Fan" is and only will be a Fan IF the Rams WIN. I Find that Totally repulsive and unbelievable!! I Don't believe that for one minute!! But a few of you need to be "Bitch Slapped!" Like 'Gibb's does to 'DeNozio' on NCIS!
I didn't think it was going that direction? Couldn't afford a PSL but did go to games before GSOT and rooted for the team! Rooted for them when they were falling apart, too! Happy with their direction now so it's a no brainer! Go Rams!

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
I did not say 'all' or 'always'. I agree we are right there with the Raiders and Jags. Plenty of other losers doing much better though. Would think with only 8 games people would go just for the event.

Do you know how much it cost to get decent seats to even go to a Rams game? Then buy beer, ect.? It's MUCH easier for the causal fan to sit at home and enjoy the game on their television. Especially on a Sunday. The majority of the non-season holders that came 2 weeks ago aren't going to come again until the team proves they have their shit together. The season opener was beyond embarrassing to be at believe me. A lot rides on this game tomorrow.

SaneRamsFan

Rookie
I have been buying nfl tickets in saint louis since the bag red era. So except for that one little blip 1999-2003 the product on the field has been pretty bleak. But my dad took me to games in the latte sixties and seventiesand iit's a tradition I continued with my kids. But frankly between the losing and the threat of the Rams moving I find it difficult to believe the Rams generate any new fans. Kroenke has spent plenty of "jack" on the team but frankly he is aloof weird and unlikeable for a regular guy like me.

…..

Legend
I went to a football game in St Louis....when we beat the shit out of New Orleans and I think Chris Long had two or three sacks...the Cards had just won the World Series and Larussa and several players came out on field before game to take a cheer. I thought that was cool.

Anyway....unbeknownst to me.....this was also the day of the World Series parade. When we spilled out of the dome we ran into a million fuc_kin red shirts also letting out from the parade. It was hilarious, and the train stations were locked down with celebrating Cards fans. I'm a Dodger fan and it took me hours to get back to Harrahs where we were staying

I never had a clue it was gonna happen lol

Philly5

Rookie
Do you know how much it cost to get decent seats to even go to a Rams game? Then buy beer, ect.? It's MUCH easier for the causal fan to sit at home and enjoy the game on their television. Especially on a Sunday. The majority of the non-season holders that came 2 weeks ago aren't going to come again until the team proves they have their crap together. The season opener was beyond embarrassing to be at believe me. A lot rides on this game tomorrow.

Costs about as much as it does in Cleveland, for example?

We agree, support is not so great in St Louis. Cost, losing, stadium, and not a football hotbed.