What The?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

TexRamFan

Rookie
I think some people feel that calling STL a baseball town is slighting them and I for one don't think that at all.

I'm originally from Cleveland and that IS a football town. The Indians and Cavaliers are there and people love them too, but its Brownstown and there is NO mistaking that, even during the offseason. I feel like STL is the same, they love and support their teams but there is something different when it comes to the Cardinals.

That is a ball club that is one of the winningest in all of American sports, if the Yankees weren't the Yankees the Cardinals would be the Yankees. I'm not sure any teams other than the Celtics, Lakers and Yankees have a history with so much post season success. There is no NFL equivalent that comes to mind.

I would think that a majority of cities are known as or get their labels as being "football" or "baseball" towns by the team that:

A. Has been around the longest
B. Has had some stretch of success at some time

Being around allows for families to share their love of a team to younger generations and so on. I am sure if you go to a Browns game you see Dad's with Son's and Grandpa's and so on.