What The?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
There was a reason the Cardinals left St Louis and a reason the Rams moved to St Louis.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
During the GSOT era, EVERYBODY was wearing blue and gold.

It's easy to support a winner. Don't think that means much. Great football towns support their team even when they aren't winning. That all said, the Rams have been bad for a decade so I can't blame the city for not having overwhelming support. A lot of cities would have the same issue.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
That's probably because the Cardinals (who are fighting to hold the #1 seed by 2.5 games) ARE PLAYING THE REDS TODAY AT 6:15, and there's 8 games left before the playoffs. Also the Rams starting QB is out for the year, and they got thoroughly embarrassed at home week 1. They have also won 30 games since 2007. Close to an average of 4 wins per season in the past 7 years. Let's not even mention the endless amount of talk about the team moving and the lease situation.

Meanwhile the Cardinals, one of the most storied and renowned baseball franchises in the nation, since 2004 have been to the WS 4 times, won 2, and have been to the playoffs 7 times. Missing a total of 3 attempts in the past 10 years. They also have the 2nd most World Championships at 11 behind the Yankees.

Of

freaking

Course

This

Is

A

Baseball

Town

It's also an amazing sports town, and if the Rams can ever put together a winning season they will be rewarded. Expect to see a lot of Dallas fans tomorrow, but if the Rams can compete you will have a blast regardless I guarantee it. It's supposed to be a beautiful day outside. Hopefully when can send you home with a win. Go RAMS!

Yep, I'll be with 4 Cowboys fans tomorrow. I told them there'd be a lot. Lol

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
Costs about as much as it does in Cleveland, for example?

We agree, support is not so great in St Louis. Cost, losing, stadium, and not a football hotbed.

Don't agree with that at all.

209RamsFan

This thread is starting to sound like every " ST. Louis Ram Fan" is and only will be a Fan IF the Rams WIN. I Find that Totally repulsive and unbelievable!! I Don't believe that for one minute!! But a few of you need to be "Bitch Slapped!" Like 'Gibb's does to 'DeNozio' on NCIS!
Yeah it is very disheartening, pathetic and said....goes to show that MOST fanbases have fewer REAL fans than most people think , there are a ton of bandwagoners, when things are going great! but when the guano hits the fan???only the REAL fans, like most of you here on this board, will stick around. I live in California, and I always hear about Raider fans and their "raider nation".. Stuuuuupiiiid.....you mean like the thousands of seats covered up at their stadium for like the past ten years??? And the sight of more opposing fans showing up in Choketown...again winning is a wonderful cure to the acute illness called "losing"......btw....Go Dodgers!!!

209RamsFan

Had to throw the dodger comment in there since a lot of you here pull for the cards....

209RamsFan

Not surprised that there will be a lot of cowboys fans there....they do have, probably one of the top 3 fanbases in the NFL along with GB and Pitt.....which btw have 15 Super Bowl wins between them.....I think we could use some Win-QuiL....

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
That's probably because the Cardinals (who are fighting to hold the #1 seed by 2.5 games) ARE PLAYING THE REDS TODAY AT 6:15, and there's 8 games left before the playoffs. Also the Rams starting QB is out for the year, and they got thoroughly embarrassed at home week 1. They have also won 30 games since 2007. Close to an average of 4 wins per season in the past 7 years. Let's not even mention the endless amount of talk about the team moving and the lease situation.

Meanwhile the Cardinals, one of the most storied and renowned baseball franchises in the nation, since 2004 have been to the WS 4 times, won 2, and have been to the playoffs 7 times. Missing a total of 3 attempts in the past 10 years. They also have the 2nd most World Championships at 11 behind the Yankees.

Of

freaking

Course

This

Is

A

Baseball

Town

It's also an amazing sports town, and if the Rams can ever put together a winning season they will be rewarded. Expect to see a lot of Dallas fans tomorrow, but if the Rams can compete you will have a blast regardless I guarantee it. It's supposed to be a beautiful day outside. Hopefully when can send you home with a win. Go RAMS!
UMMMM wth would you have to be realistic? lol

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick

went down to the arch, amazing sight. Saw a couple of guys in rams gear.

Yes, I figured the cards were playing the Reds. Why else would there be so many Reds fans here. I just thought I would see more people with some sort of rams apparel on their body, even just a cap.

Not that I care. it was just weird. Not what I expected at all. Hope we're not outnumbered tomorrow by Cowboys fans.

I don't Blame you my first encounter to STL I experienced the same exact thoughts and a even caught a Cardinals game that first night there. It is a baseball town and you don't see much Rams things or gear anywhere. I can tell you this, on game day I was taken aback by all the game day action and people, stuff outside the dome. Go early and enjoy bro!

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Had to throw the dodger comment in there since a lot of you here pull for the cards....
I go back to the Cofax/Drysdale era myself, as a Dodger Fan. I went to school with Drysdale's Kid Brother, and when he was drafted by the then Brooklyn Dodgers, I got to hold his 1st Baseball glove. It was Cool for a young Fan. But I'm strictly into football these days!

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Blaming the losing seasons of the Rams franchise for the lack of support and comparing them to what the Cardinals put out there simply isn't fair. I'm sure the Rams would have that kind of production too if they could spend more money on players than most of the league with no cap. It's hard to give credibility to the argument of the Cardinals being better when they have a leg up on their competition from the start.

A real fan base supports it's team through the good times and the bad. (See Browns fans) I don't care what town it is, it's disrespectful for the players to have to look up into empty seats when they are playing at home. Ever think that the team could probably use the support most during the roughest times?

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Blaming the losing seasons of the Rams franchise for the lack of support and comparing them to what the Cardinals put out there simply isn't fair. I'm sure the Rams would have that kind of production too if they could spend more money on players than most of the league with no cap. It's hard to give credibility to the argument of the Cardinals being better when they have a leg up on their competition from the start.

A real fan base supports it's team through the good times and the bad. (See Browns fans) I don't care what town it is, it's disrespectful for the players to have to look up into empty seats when they are playing at home. Ever think that the team could probably use the support most during the roughest times?

It's disrespectful to the fans to put out an inferior team for TEN YEARS and then silently threaten to move the team as well. Ever think we could use some reassurance during these stressful times?

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
It's disrespectful to the fans to put out an inferior team for TEN YEARS and then silently threaten to move the team as well. Ever think we could use some reassurance during these stressful times?

So dampen the support of the team because of rumors about moving? Isn't that just giving them a reason to consider it?

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
So dampen the support of the team because of rumors about moving? Isn't that just giving them a reason to consider it?

Hey, I'm the customer here. You want me to spend the money, give me a reason. I mean, quite a lot of us aren't fairweather fans. I'm here at 9:22am on a message board for a team that my son (age 9) has barely ever seen win. But, at the same time, I'll go all in when they go all in. No matter what the record.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Hey, I'm the customer here. You want me to spend the money, give me a reason. I mean, quite a lot of us aren't fairweather fans. I'm here at 9:22am on a message board for a team that my son (age 9) has barely ever seen win. But, at the same time, I'll go all in when they go all in. No matter what the record.

That's great and I wish every fan was like that. On the other hand, I'm not really sure what going all in would be in this case.

TexRamFan

Rookie
I grew up in the St. Louis area and have some of my fondest child-hood memories involve professional sporting events with family and friends. I remember the early 90's going to Cardinal games with my Dad and Brother and being able to buy upper deck tickets for under face value then sitting in the lower level a few rows from the field by the 3rd inning, wildly rooting for the star of the team Pedro Guerreo. The Cardinals were not very competitive then, year in and year out. Now, you have ballpark village, and one of the greatest year-to-year runs over a multi-year span in the history of the MLB. They are competitive EVERY year. The games are fun, the atmosphere is awesome and it is the place to be.

I also vividly remember attending the Rams games on Sundays with my Dad when the Rams moved here. My dad was part of 4 friends who owned PSL's and split the 4 seats throughout the year. I remember fighting and arguing with my brother on who got to go to the games during the GSOT runs. Tickets were being sold for almost double and sometimes triple face value outside the stadium. The dome was packed every Sunday and there was no WAY you could sit anywhere except for you designated seats. Fast forward to now and we are coming off one of the worst runs over 10 years in the HISTORY of the NFL. The Rams games are like the Cards game in the 90's. You can sit where ever you want.

My point is these are the historical flows of professional sports. The ups and downs if you will. You have a good stretch of years, the crowds grow and grow. You have a bad stretch, they shrink and shrink. The longer you are bad, the longer you have to be good to get back the crowd. The longer you are good, the longer the crowd stays around for the bad stretches.

St. Louis is rich in history with the Cardinals. They go back long before we had football. My parents parents talk about the Cardinals. My dad is the only family member that has ties to the Rams since they moved here. If you want to call that a baseball town, then go ahead. But IMO St. Louis is a great sports town, one that supports their team as long as they are putting a quality product on the field or ice. Once the Rams start playing competitive football year in and out you will start to see an increase in the crowd. This will then be a non-topic.

fearsomefour

Legend
This^^^^^^^^^

Couldn't have said it better myself. The Cards are in the thick of a pennant race, so you will see nothing but red downtown. As was stated before, if the Rams win consistently you will see more folks wearing the blue and gold. During the GSOT era, EVERYBODY was wearing blue and gold.
Bandwagon central.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I think some people feel that calling STL a baseball town is slighting them and I for one don't think that at all.

I'm originally from Cleveland and that IS a football town. The Indians and Cavaliers are there and people love them too, but its Brownstown and there is NO mistaking that, even during the offseason. I feel like STL is the same, they love and support their teams but there is something different when it comes to the Cardinals.

That is a ball club that is one of the winningest in all of American sports, if the Yankees weren't the Yankees the Cardinals would be the Yankees. I'm not sure any teams other than the Celtics, Lakers and Yankees have a history with so much post season success. There is no NFL equivalent that comes to mind.