What Seahawks fans are saying before the game

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
When I read these comments from Hag Fans I don't know weather to :LOL: or :neener: or :headexplosion:or just :puke:

that Kupp kid seems to be one of those guys who always finds the hole in the defense. He seems like someone who will be irritating me for years.
This Hag's Fan nailed it!!:mrburnsevil:

SoCalRam78

Pro Bowler
Name
SoCalRam78
Seahags game is built on defense and having Wilson do super human things to compensate for garbage pass protection. It's a nice formula until the defense loses half a step (which it has) and/or Wilson loses a step of quickness (hasn't happened yet).

Unlike Arizona who I don't believe is a good team anymore, I think the hags are still a good team. But they're a rung or two beneath what they were at their peak.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Fandom aside, I really dont get what people see in the seahawks this year. oline is terrible, no running game, wrs are bad, and their D which has bailed them out over the years isnt really anything special anymore
I just want to put the "Biggest Beat-Down-EVER" on them, so when the "Power Ranking" come out next week the Pundants have no choice but to Rank the Rams Higher than the Hag's! Who they keep ranking at 6th!:puke:

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I really dont get what people see in the seahawks this year
7ad4d18c-a77d-11e5-9cde-83d6f0039937-780x986.jpg

Reminds me of Aaron Rodgers....team around him is meh....but he makes plays....

Still think that defense is trouble too...

theduke

Rookie
Camp Reporter
I guess they didnt really pay attention to the last game because the last game was conservative.

McVay went after a zone area/position group and exposed them with mismatches. The TE's, slot, and RB's out targeted the X and Y recievers by 24/8. Or a 3 to 1 margin. He didnt fire away at will. I think there were only three pass attempts beyond 20 yards. He focussed on an area he could exploit.

I'm not sure what McVay will do agaisnt the Seahawks....but someone will be exposed and I dont think it matters to McVay weather its the WR's, TE's, Slot guys, or Running backs that do it. He's just going to find himself weakness and attack it.
I hope we see nothing but screens before taking some deep shots.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
https://www.seattletimes.com/sports...ense-in-high-gear-under-new-coach-sean-mcvay/

Seahawks opponent first look: Rams’ offense in high gear under new coach Sean McVay
By Bob Condotta

Series record: The Seahawks lead it 22-15 due largely to a run of domination that began in 2005 when Seattle won 10 in a row and 16 of 18. But the Rams have had the better of it lately winning four of the last six, including a 9-3 win in Los Angeles last season.

By the numbers

13 Years since the Rams last had a winning record, going 12-4 in winning the NFC West in 2003.

12 Years since the Rams last made the playoffs, going 8-8 in 2003 and beating Seattle in a wild-card game before losing in the divisional round.

8 Years that Seahawks’ Ring of Honor member Chuck Knox coached the Rams, from 1973-77 and again from 1992-94.

Key players

QB Jared Goff: Declared a bust by some observers last year when he failed to win the starting job after being the first overall pick in the draft Goff has been a revelation so far under first-year coach McVay, who came to the Rams after a stint as the offensive coordinator with Washington.

Goff is third in the NFL this week in passer rating at 112.2 and isn’t doing it just dinking and dunking —his 9.16 yards per attempt is second in the NFL. Goff has seven touchdowns and has thrown just one interception and also has been sacked just four times.

RB Todd Gurley: Here’s your annual reminder that the Seahawks thought Gurley was so good coming out of college that he was the top player on their board for the 2015 NFL draft. Gurley was the offensive Rookie of the Year in 2015 after rushing for 1,106 yards, then had a down season in 2016 with just 885 and averaging only 3.2 per carry.

But like the rest of the Rams’ offense, he looks like a new player under McVay with 362 rushing yards and 4.2 per carry so far. Gurley also has caught 20 passes for 234 yards and according to the NFL he is just the third running back in NFL history to accumulate more than 575 yards from scrimmage and score seven touchdowns in the first four games of the season, the others being Jim Brown and Emmitt Smith (Kansas City’s Kareem Hunt also had a shot at that going into the Chiefs’ game Monday night).

WR Cooper Kupp: The Yakima native and former standout at Davis High and Eastern Washington was the 69th pick in the 2017 draft and so far has shown signs of being worth the investment. Kupp has 14 catches for 186 yards and two touchdowns and is coming off his best game against Dallas when he had five receptions for 60 yards and a touchdown.

DL Aaron Donald: The standout lineman held out for a new contract before reporting without getting a new deal. He’s played in three games and has appeared to need a little time to make up for lost time. He admitted after his first game of the season in week two against Washington that “I just have to play better.”

He had his only sack in a week three win over the 49ers. But Donald has historically had his way with the Seahawks. He has four sacks in six career games against Seattle. His matchup with the middle of Seattle’s offensive line, and specifically center Justin Britt, may be as pivotal as any other in Sunday’s game.

About the Rams

True, the Rams were 3-1 in 2016 before faceplanting their way to a 4-12 record that got Jeff Fisher fired. And true, four games is a little much to yet anoint McVay as the NFL’s next great coach. But McVay has injected a lot of excitement into a long-moribund franchise with the Rams averaging 35.5 points so far, first in the NFL, a far cry from last season when Los Angeles was last in points scored at 14 per game.

True the Rams have not played a murderer’s row of opponents, putting the same number of points on the Colts in week one as the Seahawks — 46 — and also feasting on the winless 49ers. But it’s hard to ignore the transformation of Goff in his second year as well as Gurley again looking like one of the better young running backs in the NFL.

And the offensive line has looked vastly improved thanks in part to the presence of veteran left tackle Andrew Whitworth, who signed as a free agent after starring for the previous 11 seasons with the Bengals. The offensive revival has made up for the fact that the defense has continued to struggle. The Rams, in fact, are 28th in points allowed at 26.25 per game. But the second half at Dallas was encouraging as the Rams rallied from a 24-13 first-half deficit to beat the Cowboys 35-30, stopping Dallas on fourth down to end the game.

The Rams are also getting standout special-teams play with Greg Zuerlein kicking a franchise-record seven field goals Sunday and the Rams having an average start drive of their own 33.8, best in the NFL, a field position battle that is aided greatly by the punting of Bothell High grad Johnny Hekker.
--------
Every team the Hawks play against seems to be fired up when they play them - it doesn't matter how bad they are. And this is especially true of the Rams. So look for another nail biter. If its hot and we go into the 4th qtr trailing not sure we beat those guys. But I think it will be a good game. Toss up.
--------
Unless the Hawks play like they did in the second half against the Colts, the Rams will blow them away.
-------
I'm sure the Seattle Bevell's will up their offense and include some new wrinkles. Bevell has been waiting 5+ years to show his offensive genius!
------
Rams 24 Hawks 9 (3 field goals)
--------
The Rams have pretty much had their way with Seattle the last times. This year the Rams seem much improved and the Hawks have yet to make a convincing case. If the team that played the second half of the Colts game shows up, the Hawks pull this one out. If the first-half team show up, the Rams stomp us.

Prediction--Rams 27 Hawks 13

Hope it's the opposite

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
Yea, let's ignore the fact that Goff has performed better against those defenses than Carson Palmer, Russell Wilson, and Derek Carr. - jrry32
---------
You're entitled to an opinion that Goff won't keep it up. You're entitled to an opinion that he's faced weak competition. But claiming his play against that competition has been "serviceable" isn't believable if you've watched all the games. Mariota, Prescott, Rivers, and Cousins have been "serviceable" if you go by the numbers. Goff's numbers are comparable to Brady's, and the Rams lead the NFL in PPG.

Now, I don't believe that Goff's numbers are going to remain this outrageous, but I also don't expect him to flop either. The progression he's made and McVay's brilliance as an offensive mind are very obvious right now (as well as the upgrades the Rams have made on offense). - jrry32

Good'ol @jrry32 is representing the ROD in fine fashion! Well done brother!

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
8 Years that Seahawks’ Ring of Honor member Chuck Knox coached the Rams, from 1973-77 and again from 1992-94.
WTH??? Talk about needing some filler material to get your word count up. By the numbers... dork.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Seahawks fans really are worse than most.

They're quite arrogant. I'd love to see us beat the tar out of them. It likely won't happen, but it would be great to give them a 35-10 smackdown. Would love to see the reactions of their fans after Goff and Gurley shred them.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
They're quite arrogant. I'd love to see us beat the tar out of them. It likely won't happen, but it would be great to give them a 35-10 smackdown. Would love to see the reactions of their fans after Goff and Gurley shred them.
You should go to a game there in Seattle. You have no idea unless you have. They went from Kurt Warner Rams jerseys to throw back Zorn in a heart beat once they started winning. Tools.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Theyd just blame it on the refs or some BS anyway. Or maybe use the "the Hawks lost this game, the Rams didn't win it".

Q729

Legend
You should go to a game there in Seattle. You have no idea unless you have. They went from Kurt Warner Rams jerseys to throw back Zorn in a heart beat once they started winning. Tools.
Would have been clever if they had Curt Warner Rams jerseys.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
By the numbers

13 Years since the Rams last had a winning record, going 12-4 in winning the NFC West in 2003.

12 Years since the Rams last made the playoffs, going 8-8 in 2003 and beating Seattle in a wild-card game before losing in the divisional round.

How many games does this tool think we played in 2003?

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
How many games does this tool think we played in 2003?
Best part is it was 13 years since we won 12 games in 2003 and it was 12 years since we made the playoffs going 8-8 in 2003. Cites the same year twice and it been a different length of time for each citation.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Who is Zorn? According to the Seattle fanbase they weren't founded until 2012. That's what all the 12 signs mean, right?

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
http://www.seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=139834&sid=a61707dba6719e7c711d674f2243f712

Aros' Fearless Prediction Thread (Seahawks @ Rams)

This week I really, really want to pick with my heart. As has been discussed from my other thread, this game could be the turning point - good or bad - for the story of how this season ultimately unfolds. These ain't your Fisher's Rams anymore. They are playing more cohesive, especially offensively. Their new coach has lit a fire and they have responded.

Their defense is giving up a lot of points and can be scored on. Their front 7 will always be a problem for us so our OL may appear to take a step backwards this Sunday. We have 4 starters that may not be playing including Avril. In order to beat the hot Rams and even the division race at 3-2 a piece we need a strong performance in all 3 phases for 4 quarters.

My homer prediction would be Seahawks by 3, but the Rams always play us tough and Rams road wins are hard to come by these days. I am still in "Prove It" mode when it comes to the Road Hawks.

Aros' Fearless Prediction: Seahawks 24 - Rams 27

Aros' Fearless Record: 4-0
---------
Same old story. Bevell dillies around in the first half (on Pete's orders) and gets Wilson pummeled, they come roaring back on offense in the 2nd, but by then the winded defense has started giving up big runs to Gurley.

It won't be a blowout - the Rams only scored 20 against the only decent defense they've faced so far. And I'm not too worried about the injuries - we have depth at every position that's hurting, and I don't think Rees can be downgraded upon.

But they always play us hard, and their strength (DL) hits our weakness (OL) perfectly, and Pete won't deploy the appropriate countermeasures until we're way behind. Our second-half comeback falls short.

SEA 23
LA 26

YTD: 2-2
---------
I bet this proves to be the most accurate prediction of how the game unfolds. In fact, I will be rather surprised if it's not.
---------
Havnt had a wrong pick this year yet, not bragging or anything.

21-10

Seahawks

Hopefully im right again.
-------
Seahawks 17
Rams 24

Record to date 4-0.
--------
Seahawks: 20
Rams: 24

Record: 3-1

Rams defense isn't coming off as elite this year as they have in the past. That being said it does not take an elite defense to stop this Seattle offense.

Rams offense is scoring points and a legitimate threat this year and it's gonna take more than running up the score on a bad Colts game to convince me. Seattle needs to be consistent. If they can handle the rams the way they did the Colts then I'll start to believe this team is making an effort.
--------
We will embarrass the Rams 43 - 13 and Russell Wilson will not be sacked. Unfortunately only a few in Seattle and LA will see it.
--------
I'm looking forward to this game a lot. Don't expect it to look anything like previous Rams games, as McVay is an offensive minded head coach and they are scoring in bunches and giving up points almost as quickly. The Rams D-Line has been generating a lot of pressure with 12 sacks so far, but they are also playing poorly against the run and opponents are averaging 4.9 YPC.

Vegas projects a 24-23 Rams win. I would take the Hawks and the under if I had to bet on it.
--------
Temps in the 80's and on grass on the road usually doesn't go well for this team. But something happened last Sunday night. An awakening if you will. Hawks 24-14.
-------
I just can't pick the Hawks to win this week based on past experience with the Rams. Their D-line is going to wreck shop.

Seahawks 16
Rams 24

My Record to Date: 3-1
--------
Rams have our number and they are better this year offensively. Donald could break the nfl sack record in this game. 27-10 Rams.

Ytd 4-0
-------
Jeff Fisher had our number. Go look at the score and the numbers on the Fisherless game at the end of last year.
--------
Seahawks 17
Rams 20

RTD 2-2

Unfortunately, the combination of the Rams always playing Seattle tough, playing on grass, and playing in the heat will just be too much to overcome I think. If anything though, I just hope they at least do not let Gurley beat them... Make Goff throw the ball to win (and not to Gurley on screens all day).

If LA wins with Gurley being held to under 70 yards (total) I will be impressed. Sadly, it seems Pete doesn't like to gameplan to take away 1 specific player like Belichick does. So I expect Gurley to end up with his yards (85 rushing 60 receiving 2TD) and be the difference.
--------
If Seattle is to win....they will have to put up some points in the 1st half. If the game is close at halftime, then the Hawks win by 3 points. If it is 17-3......not looking too good.
-------
Their d-line vs our o-line...

26-17 LA
--------
Rams 22
Hawks 13

--------
Hawks 37
Rams 18

4-0 record currently.
-------
Hawks 31
Rams 17

If we quick slant and play call half as well as we did last week , it's gonna be a blow out
I think our teams tired of losing to these fools

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I gotta love that the Seahawks fans think the Colts game was an "awakening." They were down 15-10 at half and only up 25-18 going into the 4th. The Colts imploded, and Seattle piled on. That's an "awakening" that will lead them to beating the brakes off of us. Yea, let's conveniently ignore that the Rams beat the same Colts team 46-9 and were up 27-3 at half.

We beat the shit out of the Colts for four quarters. Seattle had one great quarter. But the Colts prove that Seattle is going to whoop up on us. Jeez.

I don't want to get cocky. Seattle is a tough team. I don't expect us to destroy them, but some of their fans are unbearable. Hopefully, we don't become as arrogant and obnoxious after a few years of success.