What Seahawks Fans Are Saying(After The Game)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

iced

They're complaining about the refs? This is a fan base that has had two wins given to them by the refs. The fail Mary and the game against Detroit this year. Idiots, most of them.

More importantly that blown call is the reason why Seattle is in the playoffs. After sweeping them, we'd be ranked higher than them and would be battling ATL for the playoff spot

Last edited:

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
What should make Seattle fans worry; we were playing without 6 starters.

But keep blaming the refs, lucky bounces, rough play, etc if that makes you feel better.

iced

What should make Seattle fans worry; we were playing without 6 starters.

But keep blaming the refs, lucky bounces, rough play, etc if that makes you feel better.

lol yep

i bet they're one and done in the playoffs. They're not a great road team

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I know we all are a bit bias toward our teams and always lean toward the "we got screwed"...but seriously, if you don't think Tim Barnes recovered that ball and was down by contact you either don't know the rule or are completely ignoring the video evidence that he got the ball then was touched down.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Yeah, I think the hag fans are officially the douchiest(is that a word?) fan base I've seen in quite a while. Enjoy that one and done in the playoffs.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I know we all are a bit bias toward our teams and always lean toward the "we got screwed"...but seriously, if you don't think Tim Barnes recovered that ball and was down by contact you either don't know the rule or are completely ignoring the video evidence that he got the ball then was touched down.

Agree. That one was pretty obvious.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Yeah, I think the hag fans are officially the douchiest(is that a word?) fan base I've seen in quite a while. Enjoy that one and done in the playoffs.
I still lean toward the Saints fans. Been going to out of town games and home games for years...only the Saints fans act like they are the only one with a team and that there couldn't possibly be a reason to root for someone else. Loud and obnoxious is not the same as loud and proud.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
From PFT........

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/12/27/rams-build-early-lead-hold-on-to-beat-seahawks/

Rams build early lead, hold on to beat Seahawks
Posted by Zac Jackson on December 27, 2015

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznptixytq5owfmntnim2yzothjmzmymgy3zdgxmjrhmgyy2-e1442452649160.jpeg
AP

The Seahawks were playing for nothing Sunday, and they were in a 16-0 hole before they really started playing.

In the end, they didn’t get the bounces and couldn’t overcome their slow start in a 23-17 loss to the Rams. The Seahawks scored late but it was too late.

Todd Gurley’s 2-yard touchdown run early in the fourth quarter extended the Rams’ lead to 23-10 and came after Gurley fumbled twice on the touchdown drive. Both were recovered by Rams’ center Tim Barnes, a sign it was just the Rams’ day.

The Seahawks scored their first touchdown in the third quarter on a 25-yard pass fromRussell Wilson to Doug Baldwin to pull within 16-10. Gurley’s touchdown capped an 11-play, 62-yard drive that made it a two-score game.

Gurley ran 19 times for 85 yards. The Rams won despite being outgained, 313-207. Rams linebacker Akeem Ayers scored the game’s first touchdown on a fumble return that made it 10-0 in the first quarter.

The Seahawks are 9-6 and have already clinched a wildcard spot. They play Arizona next week.

The Rams snapped a 10-game losing streak in Seattle. They improve to 7-8 and play at San Francisco next week.
----------
So Seattle didn’t care and didn’t get the breaks? Wow! That’s the only way they could ever lose a game? They must be the best team ever.
--------
can’t come out flat against an NFL team . . .

and our O-line was garbage today. Rams D-line always gives the Hawks a tough day. hate to lose this one.
--------
Gurley had 57 yards in the 4th quarter alone as the Rams put the game on ice.

He should be the Offensive Rookie of the Year. He has been such a big factor in the Rams wins.
--------
Is that first part of the story serious? The Seahawks have the fifth wildcard spot to play for, first off.

And second, the Rams just flat out dominated them this game. How about some credit where its due?
--------
Sorry we beat you Seachumps. I guarantee you will be one and out in the playoffs.
---------
Guarantee you won’t be IN the playoffs.
Guarantee you won’t have a team to cheer for next season.
More people are rooting for Stan Kroenke than for you clowns. You can go back to setting cop cars on fire and breaking storefront windows now.
----------
Good win vs us, as usual STL. Grr.
--------
This was the Rams super bowl for them…….have good time in LA.
--------
No, they just own Seattle this year.

31-28
23-17
--------
Congrats to the Rams. They came to play today and the Seahawks for whatever reason were sleep walking until the 2nd half. By then, and with all the bonehead mistakes and bad snaps and bad bounces, it was too little too late.
--------
They were barely on the field. You do realize seattles 2 scoring drives were fueled by home field calls? You can’t seriously tell me you thought trumaine Johnsons hit was on a defenseless receiver.
--------
Seattle got dominated. It wasn’t even close.
---------
Beating Seattle is the Rams Super Bowl. I thought they were going to dump Gatorade on their coach.

Sadly, Pete Carroll/Bevell can’t put in an offensive game plan versus that defensive line. Putting back up TE single block their RE isn’t a good idea.
--------
William Hayes and Eugene Sims were monsters today. It’s good to have depth on the defensive line.
---------
If the Rams fans wanna say they dominated,despite being outgained by over a hundred yards and losing time of possession while winning the turnover battle 3-0 let them,its all they got.

As usual Hawks going to playoffs and Rams not,and it was a meaningless game for the Hawks after all cuz because right now there is no clear strong team between GB, Skins and Min,these last 2 games are similar to preseason for the Hawks but it was the Rams SB!
--------
The positive news from this one was that RW survived the game.
The Rams main motivation, according to many Seahawks fans, is that they play to injure opponents. They're not there to win the game but only to knock out, mangle, and hurt Seahawks players, especially little Wussell Wilson. Read on...
http://www.fieldgulls.com/2015/12/2...playoffs-fantasy-free-cigar-thoughts-giveaway

Seahawks' worst game not good enough to beat Rams' best game: Cigar Thoughts, Game 15.
By Jacson Bevens@JacsonBevens

usa-today-9021162.0.jpg

Yeah... yeah - Joe Nicholson-USA TODAY Sports

The St. Louis Rams continue to confound the Seattle Seahawks, winning 23-17 in wacky, rain-soaked game.

For the last number of years, we've all known that things tend to go sideways whenever the Rams and Seahawks play each other. For whatever reason(s), the games end up with all sorts of fluky shit happening and almost always remain in flux until the final drive.

No matter to what degree Seattle has been better than St. Louis over the last four years, the games have been, almost without exception, wonky as hell. I've never been able to quite put my finger on it until my buddy Jono tweeted out the perfect description regarding St. Louis's relationship to Seattle:

Jono Bo Bono @Dingis they are the paper to the Hawks rock. And most teams are scissors.

Today's game, a wet and weird affair that ended with the Rams winning 23-17, was more of the same. The Seahawks out-gained the Rams by over 100 yards, had the ball for most of the contest, converted 47% of their third downs, and held St. Louis to 3.9 yards per play.

That, combined with superior talent and QB play, should have been enough to win and most of the time it will be. Today's game, for a litany of reasons, just slipped away. So how did it happen?

Well, if I'm being perfectly honest with you, I think it was pretty fluky. If you want to call me a homer or a hack for thinking that, go right ahead, my mom still thinks I'm great. But hear me out- there were a number of things which occurred in this game that you're not likely to see again for a while.

Okay, I know some of you are waiting with pockets full of "yeah, but..."s and "well, actually..."s so let me acknowledge the things that weren't fluky first.

The Rams defensive line, replete with five first-round picks and arguably the best in the NFL, dominated the Seahawks at the point of attack. Christine Michael, who got his first NFL start, never had a chance to get going seeing as he was basically running face first into the American Gladiators as soon as he got the ball. Russell Wilson was forced to run around a rubble-strewn backfield like a rat in a maze and the results of that ran the familiar gamut between incredible and horrific.

Additionally, Seattle committed a ton of penalties, a number of which were of the stupid variety (lining up offsides, forgetting the snap count, diving head first into a sliding quarterback) and constantly put the offense off of their game script while extending Rams drives.

Receivers dropped passes, defenders dropped interceptions, and Seattle failed to record a single sack. Make no mistake, Seattle under-performed in this game and an effort like that won't get them far in the postseason.

That all being said, consider the following: despite performance deficiencies from nearly every positional group, the Seahawks still were six points away from winning this game. They fumbled five times, and it will be a long time before you see that again. Just like it'll be a long time before you see a league-average receiver catch Richard Sherman with bad footwork and breeze by him for a TD on a simple go route.

Every review (four by my count) went St. Louis' way. Patrick Lewis, probably the most consistent offensive lineman the Seahawks have had this season, snapped the ball with all of the touch and accuracy of a teenager egging a house, resulting in two drive-crippling fumbles. That ain't gonna happen again either.*

*It has to be noted that the Seahawks caught a few breaks too, like that terrible call on the Rams defender for head-to-head contact that led to Seattle's first score and Lewis' snap deflecting of Wilson straight to Michael.

The Rams scored three touchdowns in this game. One was on a fumble recovery when Will Tukuafu somehow had the ball knocked out of his massive, couchy bosom by Mark Barron. Another was when St. Louis took over on Seattle's 28.

The third was the direct result of two Rams fumbles being launched forward after terrific hits by 'Hawks tacklers and then sprung upon by the same oafish Rams lineman on consecutive plays. There was not one real, quality sustained drive from St. Louis in that entire game.

For whatever reason, the Seahawks came out flatter than month-old soda and while I am in no way acquitting them of their subpar effort, it would be a mistake to assume that the result of today's performance is indicative of who this team is. They did not play worse than they did on Monday night against the Lions, nor when they squeaked out a win in Dallas.

Results color memories of the process. The Seahawks are coming off of a two-month stretch in which they've won seven of eight games while re-calibrating the NFL record books for offensive production.

I can spend another 1,000 words breaking down the ins and outs of this game and we could argue all day about whether the result was anomalous or not but I don't really care to. There are a litany of reasons why not, the main one being that this game doesn't really change my perception of who the 2015 Seahawks are.

The worst part about the fan experience is the terrible, gloomy specter of recency bias that follows a loss. it creeps over us with its grey dreariness, soaking our skin and freezing us to the bone like, well, like the weather this game was played in.

After a loss, especially a home divisional loss to an inferior team, everything seems shitty and the good plays are blacked out like a redacted CIA file by hyper-focused attention on what went wrong. We tend to look back at past results through the lens of the most recent one, and the clarity or cloudiness of that scope shades our view of what came before.

A week ago, the Seahawks were invincible- a wild band of marauders laying waste to every team unlucky enough to fall into their path. Right now, they're a team with a lot of questions and are lacking the killer mentality that the 2012-2014 teams had. But here's the thing: it's the same damn team.

I have talked all season about how winning NFL games comes down to winning the weird 2%, how one bounce, one great play, one drop severely skews the perception of an entire team's performance. And while the final score is the ultimate, inescapable trump card, letting today's tally convince you that the Seahawks are not still one of the best teams in the NFL is to sell both yourself and this team short*.

*The Panthers and Patriots lost today too, despite entering the day with a 26-2 combined record. Shit just happens sometimes, you know?

Consider this: in 2013, the Seahawks won a handful of shitty games against shitty teams by shittily small margins. You may not remember that because they won the Super Bowl by five touchdowns in what was maybe the most complete title game performance in NFL history, a masterpiece that expunged forever from the memories of some fans just how shaky and flawed that unit was for much of the season.

Even now I can hear a bunch of you fuming at the audacity of me calling into question the merits of the best Seahawks team of all time, but unclench your teeth, wipe your chin, and chill for a sec while you remember that the very same squad had to overcome a 21-0 deficit at home to beat an 0-7 Bucs team, and squeaked out victories against three other teams that finished 7-9, 2-14, and 7-9 by a combined eight points. They struggled mightily for a solid two month stretch and their losses came as a result of giving up big pass plays late.

Then they caught their groove, rolled a bunch of teams, and entered the final two games of the season looking unstoppable. In Week 16, they hosted the Arizona Cardinals, and despite having won seven of their last eight games, came out flat, couldn't move the ball, couldn't capitalize on opportunities, and lost 17-10 in a miserably cold, rainy contest. Sound familiar? And no, this defense isn't as good as that defense, but that offense wasn't as good as this offense, either.

But my point isn't to disparage the hallowed accomplishments of a team that you and I will both cherish forever. Rather, it's to point out that no team, no matter how talented or well-coached or whatever, comes out and dominates every game; NFL players are too good to let that happen. Furthermore, I mean to say that teams can still achieve great things after bad performances.

Hell, every great team has had bad performances at points throughout those season but the true measure of their greatness has been in how they responded. And while we've been spoiled in that we've gotten to witness domination more frequently than any other fan base in football over the last four years, the Seahawks, even the best incarnations of them, play below their potential from time to time.

In my mind, that's simply what we saw today- an off performance compounded by some goofy results on weird plays and mistakes from key players we're unlikely to witness again for however long this season lasts.

And frankly, this loss doesn't really change the trajectory of this team's season. The Seahawks are still going to the playoffs, and they'll still have to win three road games in order to reach the Super Bowl for the third consecutive season.

Whether they're the #5 or #6 seed doesn't matter a whole lot because they'll still likely have to win in Carolina and in Arizona, and if the difference between playing at Washington or at Green Bay / Minnesota is the difference between a win and a loss, then this team wasn't going to get there anyway.

Until I see a Pete Carroll-coached team play a multi-game stretch of bad football late in a season, I consider it masochistic foolishness to think it will happen. Call that willful ignorance if you like, but there's simply no track record to suggest that this game was anything other than an aberration in the midst of a winter surge the likes of which we've witnessed each of the last four years. This loss sucks but I doubt it affects how the players and coaches view themselves or their ability to win.

So mourn this loss for however long you deem appropriate. Carve up the comments section with your frustrations. Up next is a trip to Arizona to face what I think is the best team in football and honestly, I couldn't be happier.

Carolina's loss, combined with the Cardinals' evisceration of the Packers, means Bruce Arians' boys will likely bring everything they've got to the table in what could be Seattle's stiffest test of the season.

Win or lose, I would much rather the Seahawks enter the playoffs having sharpened their teeth on the tough hide of a true contender than watching them devour the soft belly flesh of some defenseless lamb. It is a beautiful, nearly consequence-free preview of what it will take to win in the playoffs this season and I'm sure the team is far hungrier than even you and I are to see how they stack up.

The Seahawks lost a crapfest today but ultimately, it doesn't matter a whole lot. Carrollian teams are phenomenal coming off of a loss (13-4 over the last four seasons) and I'm stoked to see what kind of fight they bring to the desert next Sunday.

There are a bunch of other stats that are pretty interesting from this game, like how Wilson-to-Baldwin continues to set records or Seattle's streak of 25 consecutive games with 100+ rushing yards ended or how this was the first time in 64 games that the Seahawks never held a lead or how they've now lost more home games this season than they had in the three seasons combined or you know what I don't really want to talk about this anymore.

This game was one of those sloppy poops that requires half a roll of TP to properly clean up and leaves you feeling gross and unsatisfied; but what matters is that everything gets flushed and you get on with your life.

Ultimately, if the Seahawks play like they did today, it won't matter what their playoff road is. If the Seahawks play their best, it won't matter what their playoff road is either. It's gonna be a week of heavy personal inventory being taken at the VMAC but history suggests, nay, it states with resolution that we should expect an impressive bounce back performance next week. Until then, onward and upward my friends.
---------
Bummed that we shat the bed
Playing the first good defense we’ve seen in this stretch of domination. I was really hoping this offense could show that we can do more than just dominate shitty teams. While we only lost by six, the game was never as close as the final score indicates.

Oh well. On to Arizona.
---------
I don't think we made it to the bed.
--------
We did not get our pants off
-------
I know what you mean, because it felt like they were miles ahead, but I'd say it was actually that close.
I’m not saying Seattle looked good — they didn’t. But there were three fluky fumble plays plus a ton of penalties that all went St. Louis’s way — two of the fumbles even advancing the ball for them. If we had recovered one of those, it could easily have been a win for Seattle. The offense was doing okay in the second half, so I really think they were pretty close to winning that game.
--------
There was really nothing fluky about the way they shutdown the Hawks run game.
There really isn’t much of an excuse for Sherman to give up that TD to Britt. Yes, fluky shit happened but if the Hawks can’t get their run game going and have to depend on passing their way out in bad weather, then the results are going to be inconsistent.
--------
Knowing how the Rams play to injure
I was all for resting our players this week. Next year lets just get stand-ins and save the team for the other games.
---------
When you are getting beat physically and 'at the point of attack' on both dudes of the ball on most downs . . .
. . . then fumbles, penalties, bounces not going your way are not ‘fluky’. The Seahawks were simply outhit for most of the game. Yards gained, top and the box score won’t tell you that. But this was simply getting beat by a team that looked hungrier and more physically imposing and in control.

The Rams also clearly play to injure their opponents. I can’t remember so many helmet collisions in a single game. That can’t be an accident. But our tram was the one taking the punishment physically today, not delivering it. And that leafs to losses in close games.

I don’t know if this is a one game outlier. But this was getting as getting physically dominated as we’ve seen happen to the Hawks as we’ve seen really since 2011.
----------
But if this is true, why were the Rams hungrier? WHY?!!
---------
They can sell out and risk getting themselves injured because tomorrow doesn't matter to them
Their purpose for existence is simply to live in the moment when they play the Seahawks, firing themselves helmet-first at every Seahawk in the hope of dislodging a body part and ending a career. They have no idea how to accomplish greater goals, as they can’t string together more than two wins in a row before losing 42-6 to the last place team in the AFC South.

They are angry teenagers who show up at someone else’s party with gasoline and matches. They just want to watch the world burn.
--------
Speaking of trying to injure
What about that hit to Russ on that fumble or when he slid feet first on the run and was hit by two Rams.
---------
Russ was a runner, did not slide and foolishly stayed in bounds. That hit was legit.
On the other one, the two Rams hit each other.
---------
There was a hit by two Rams on Wilson sliding shortly after Irvin was penalized for a similar hit on the sliding QB.
The fans booed quite a bit at the no-call. Russ got up limping.
--------
On that play the two rams didnt hit Wilson at all.
He crouched and fell to the ground and they collided with each other.
----------
To me, the single biggest factor in this loss was that the Rams D-Line thoroughly-- and I mean thoroughly-- dominated the Hawks O-Line
Hence, no functional running game whatsoever. Hence, a one-dimensional offensive attack hampered by poor pass protection.

The Hawks sill could have won this game— but add in the fumbles and penalties to the above-mentioned O-Line blocking issues, and that’s a pretty sure formula for losing. If there are any consolations to take from this game, one is that no other NFL team has quite as talented a D-Line as the Rams, and the second is that the Hawks probably won’t play another game in which they fumble the ball five times while simultaneously stringing together so many stupid penalties.

I think that we do have to credit the Rams for a good game plan that they executed successfully for a tough road win.
---------
I can’t give them credit for a good game plan. It looked pretty dirty to me. When 2 of their players try to make a sandwich of your QB and give each other concussions when the QB ducks, that’s not a good game plan (for me.) The refs helped the Rams a lot as well letting them get away with hits the Seahawks got penalized for.
---------
Rams D
Has been getting worked by alot of teams lately. Their front 7 hasn’t been at full strength due to injuries, and it seemed they weren’t the same fearsome group.

I still don’t think they are, our o line was just, or is still, terrible. I get the bad luck plays ie bad luck with fumbles. But this is the same Rams team that has been beaten easily as of late.

Division games can be rougher for sure. For instance Steelers vs Ravens today, but cmon. Sooo late in the season to have a position group look so bad as a whole (o line). Like i said, rams front 7 was missing some big pieces, so i don’t really get why that’s the main thing being said. Their nightmare front 7 did us in. We should of been able to overcome those bad luck plays. We couldn’t because the o line was garbage again. Possibly still.

I obviously hope not, and am so happy were in the playoffs, but man. That wasn’t the devastating front 7 that did us in, because they didn’t have one today. It was awful blocking for an entire game. That’s extremely unnerving.

But like Russ said, circle the wagons. I hope they’re fixable problems for this year. Because the year is about over. Cheers guys n gals. Let’s hope for the best! But I think writing off the loss as ‘the Rams scary front 7’ being what happened is a mistake. Is the short version.
---------
The Rams were missing Robert Quinn, which obviously is a loss of talent
But they have pretty good depth on that D-Line; and I’m not aware of them being down anyone else. I mean their whole starting D-Line were first-round draft picks, and even without Quinn they had three of them playing against the Hawks. And in any case, whatever might be said about what they were missing, what they had on hand seriously outplayed the Hawks O-Line.

Call their D-Line scary or call it unscary, but the fact is that they dominated the Hawks O-Line today, which impacted the Seahawks offense to the tune of 21 total yards by the RBs, and 17 total points on the scoreboard.
----------
Not just that
They didn’t lay a glove on Keenum. The Ram’s OL didn’t seem to be missing anybody.
---------
If you include fairley and barron going down early in this game, they were missing 5 guys. Quinn and Ogletree being the most significant. My point was that their current group hasn’t presented problems to other teams recently, and they were no where near full strength. Yet our o line got straight handled. Not good. They may still be an above average front 7 with their current group, but man. Shouldn’t of looked that bad.
---------

And my point is that, full strength or not, they dominated the Seahawks O-Line today
And yeah, it’s not a good thing to see as a Hawks fan. But this is the first time in a long stretch of games that the O-Line played so poorly. I choose to credit the Rams D-Line for that. It sounds like you’re choosing to dismiss or diminish the capability of the Rams D-Line because they weren’t at full strength. Which is fine if that’s what you believe. The only thing that I know for sure is that they did in fact dominate the Hawks O-Line today. Shrug.
---------
Absolutely
And unfortunately, they did. Normally I’d write is off as the Rams amazing front 7, but that was only some of em. So I assume our o line mighta been a little propped up recently due to playing sub par front 7’s. Now a supposedly above average at best, at least on paper, d line destroys us.

Coulda just been an off game for them as a whole though. I obviously don’t know, just voicing my concern. Wasn’t meaning to be a negative nancy. I have tons of faith in our ability to mask deficiencies, but it’s real late on the season now, so it’s disconcerting.
--------
I'm not sure how you can call the Rams defensive line "above average at best".
Aaron Donald is arguably the most dominant defensive lineman in the game. Some see the year he’s had as more dominant than even JJ Watt. Going into the game PFF had a higher overall grade for Donald (64.3) than Watt (63.9). At the very least a strong case can be made that they’ve played at a fairly equal level of dominance this year.

He’s a guy that requires extra attention and multiple blockers. Then add in the above average linemen that surround him like Michael Brockers and William Hayes and it’s still a top 10 line that borders on elite.

I guess the true test will be next week against Arizona, but still, it doesn’t seem quite cognizant to call the Rams DL ‘above average at best’. That’s a vast understatement by the sheer force of Donald’s play.
---------
This was not the Rams best game by any stretch
Gurley has been playing hobbled they are playing with a backup QB who barely threw for 100 yards and injuries across their offensive line and the defense with key starters out like Quinn, Ogletree, McDonald not to mention that Barron and Fairley were injured early in the game.

Personally I’m tired of hearing this crap how everytime the Seahawks get their ass handed to them by the Rams its "the Seahawks worst game" or "the Rams only get motivated to play the Seahawks" 2 words BULL-SHIT make all the excuses you want but the Rams have the Seahawks # and they proved it again today
-----------
The backup QB
Is playing because the starter got benched. True the Rams seem to have some kind of hex on the Hawks. The coaches get brain farts and do strange things like onside kicks in OT (first game) and challenging obvious plays. In addition to Rams getting up, the Hawks seem to not be ready. Very strange.
---------
Yes, their back-up QB (and corresponding change at OC) are currently undefeated, are they not?
Haven’t they won three in a row since the switch? And didn’t Gurley come through with 90-something yards and 4+ per carry today?

Look, the Rams earned a tough road win in a hostile environment today. They deserve credit for that. You don’t need to make excuses for them. But the Rams won’t truly have the Seahawks # unless and until they beat them consistently and a little more decisively. This year they swept the Seahawks, which is consistent if a small sample size (just one year)— but they haven’t beaten the Seahawks decisively in many years, like the Seahawks have done to them a time or two in the Fisher era.

The Seahawks have plenty of significant injuries themselves right now. That stuff definitely goes both ways.

Enjoy the win friend. We’ll meet again next year.
-----------
Galvanizing effect, I guess
It can be used to that effect, as a motivational tool, sure. It can be useful to have that reality check that there are no easy wins, at least out of the gate. It’s only easy if you’re playing well and the other team rolls over, but if you prepare for or enter the game expecting that to happen, I think you set yourself up to get beat.

Against a better team, this performance could have gotten us truly waxed. Rams offense is still fairly weak and our D played well overall (pass rush mostly aside), but it helps when their QB isn’t trusted to throw more than 15-20 yards downfield most of the game.
-----------
Heres a truth
No matter how hard the Rams play, they miss the playoffs every year, we make Super Bowls. When you have a culture led by clowns like Fischer and Greg Williams, every game you have like this you also have 3 or 4 really embarassing losses.

The Seahawks are decimated by injuries and the Rams just flat out matchup with Hawks better than most. We will not see a defensive line like this the rest of the season, unless we somehow face the Jets in SB50, which is not entirely out of the question.
---------
The Rams are the masters of the demoralizing loss.
It’s happened to us four times in the past four seasons, where the Rams hand us such an ugly loss that we’re slack-jawed at the end of it, wondering what the hell just happened and if the team really is as crappy as we saw. We start questioning players, coaching decisions, play calls, luck, faith, purpose.

Credit to Fisher and his goons for managing this on an average of once a year. Say what you want about this being their Super Bowl, but the Rams have won 3 of their last 4 Super Bowls, and they always seem to come at pivotal moments – especially since we keep seeing this team towards the end of every season (and if the scheduling czars in the NFLcan stop doing that, I’d greatly appreciate it).

If there’s one thing that bothers me about the team going into the postseason, it’s the turnovers. Namely, that we don’t seem to be creating any. I’ll bet that OCs and especially OCs whose quarterbacks are of the Keenum-Clausen-Manziel phylum are putting a major emphasis on not turning the ball over against this defense.

Combine that with the seemingly endless supply of balls that get tipped out of the reach of the nearest defender we’ve seen this season, and we have a total of 19 takeaways, good enough for 22nd in the league.

Turnovers swing momentum, give the offense short fields and occasionally generate instant points, and we’ve only averaged 1.27 such opportunities per game. If I could wave a magic wand and change one thing about this team, I’d give the defense back the ball-hawking swagger they had the last four years.
----------
Let Fischer have this one.
Because no matter what, his team is sitting at home and the Hawks are in the playoffs. Why? Because Fischer is a terrible coach. He cannot get his team to consistently show up every week. The talent he has on his team, it is inexcusable that they are not playoff bound. There is a disturbing trend i would hope Rams fans have caught on to.

This has been the story for his entire tenure in St Louis. Team plays exceptional against Seattle, shits the bed to a far more inferior opponent the very next week. If Fischer were in a bigger market like, say, Philly, New York, or oh, i dunno, Los Angeles, then his head would be called for.

So yes Fischer, you beat us twice this year, congrats on your moral super bowl. Have fun watching us on your couch as we make a deeper playoff run than you have ever been able to in St. Louis, win or lose.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
I still lean toward the Saints fans. Been going to out of town games and home games for years...only the Saints fans act like they are the only one with a team and that there couldn't possibly be a reason to root for someone else. Loud and obnoxious is not the same as loud and proud.
I think every team has "those" fans. Also, I think it depends on where you live too. IMO, there is a huge difference between passionate fans who are fairly knowledgeable, yet respectful to other fans, versus fans who think they know everything there is about football, and have no respect for fans of other teams. By far and away, Seattle fans are the worst. Again, I see it because I live in Montana, and there are so many bandwagon seattle fans. I can't tell you how many people have crawled out of the woodwork, over the past few years, given their recent success. People ask me who I root for and they laugh when I tell them I'm a Rams fan. My best comeback is to tell them I've been a fan since 1969 and have cheered for them through the good AND bad, which is more than I can say for most of them. I call them "Closet Fans."

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I think every team has "those" fans. Also, I think it depends on where you live too. IMO, there is a huge difference between passionate fans who are fairly knowledgeable, yet respectful to other fans, versus fans who think they know everything there is about football, and have no respect for fans of other teams. By far and away, Seattle fans are the worst. Again, I see it because I live in Montana, and there are so many bandwagon seattle fans. I can't tell you how many people have crawled out of the woodwork, over the past few years, given their recent success. People ask me who I root for and they laugh when I tell them I'm a Rams fan. My best comeback is to tell them I've been a fan since 1969 and have cheered for them through the good AND bad, which is more than I can say for most of them. I call them "Closet Fans."
Agreed. My many encounters with Saints fans is they are overwhelmingly like this as a group. But thats just my experience.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Agreed. My many encounters with Saints fans is they are overwhelmingly like this as a group. But thats just my experience.
Yep. They are everywhere. Why can't other fans be more like us?
th

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
We all called it before the game... they are a bunch of whiny ass bitches that don't know football. They got their asses whooped and can't accept it. Oh, it can't be the Rams are better or kicked their ass, it's just that we gave it to them. The refs were for them, blah blah blah. I've never seen a bigger group of butthurt pussies.

I got some footage of the Seattle locker room after the game... enjoy:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XX8jOnRo34k

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Proves how little shecock fans know about football, they actually think RW is a top QB. He sucks as the Rams have been proving for 4 hrs now. Don't let him complete his hailmarys and he can't beat you. He can't throw a pass on time because he can't see the D he is reliant on the scramble drill hailmary.

junkman

Farewell to all!
Name
junkman
The Seattle fans didn't seem to know just how far the Rams were from full strength, not just the players on D but also that our offensive line is as patchwork as any ol in the league, starting two rookies (Havs and Wich) while being down two starters (Saffoldnand Brown), a journeyman (Reynolds), the first year starting for game mvp Barnes, and our LT has one of the worst PFF ratings in the league. And how many sacks did they get against unheralded Case Keenum?

Also I find it ironic that the Seattle fans complain about the Rams big hitting when their secondary likes to call themselves the Legion of Boom. Take your big hit medicine like big boys, Seattle players and fans, and enjoy your slow decline back to NFL mediocrity where you belong!

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
Flukey? Flukey! Flukey?

In the space of 3 Ram possessions last year:

--Hill tried to spike the ball but it got picked by a Dlineman.
--Then the obligatory pick 6 off a drop by a Ram WR.
--Benny Cunningham trying to push the ball over the goal line and it gets punched away 6 inches by Earl Thomas, eventually becoming a touchback.

Now that's FLUKEY.

RamzFanz

Damnit
They. Fear. Us.

They also are doing quite a bit of "they caught every break and bounce" garbage.

How about:
Penalties. The Rams continuing Searats stalled drives with: 1. Donald's borderline roughing the passer. (Probably the right call though)
2. Trumaine gets a helmet-helmet on a great defensive stop (maybe the same TD drive?) again the right call once we saw it on replay. But the receiver was going down and I think Tru took a low angle. Not intentional.

Bounces? Chris long stripped their receiver near the goal line and they had one guy there among 4 Ram defenders and it bounced right to him. They scored their only non garbage time TD shortly after.

There may be more but the point is, breaks go both ways. The refs actually got the calls right. Barnes got the fumble.

We won this game in every sense. Don't compare yardage. They had quite a bit of garbage time stuff. We controlled both lines. (I am very proud of our OL by the way. Any of you OL watchers that can identify the guys that played well?)

Great game guys! Something to build on.

Let's not forget that the Refs tried to give the Wilson forced fumble away. If Fisher had pissed away his challenges like Carroll did, it would have went to the Hawks.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
Who is that Shehawks fan, posing as an AP writer? Could you believe PR job of an article he wrote? By the way Gurley didn't fumble twice on that drive. Benny fumbled the first one. Get your facts straight, lazy writer.

"The Seahawks found themselves behind 16-0 before they got going"? What kind of weak ass excuse making is that?!! We OWNED them to get to 16-0 with efficient offense and punishing and opportunistic defense. And the "flukey bounces" and "despite being out gained 300-200" crap he referenced. It's like Obama talking points to prove he is still "brilliant and loved throughout the world." Zac Johnson has earned a promotion to White House spin team from simple Young Millenial AP writer!

Way to go buddy! By the way though did you notice Wussel and company had over 100 of their juggernaut 300 yards during their desperate furious comeback efforts in the 4th quarter? Including their "flukey" final touchdown from 18 yards out to Kearse. Or their "flukey fumble recovery" after Long punched the ball out near the goal line in a sea of Ram defenders?

Do you think maybe, Zac, the Rams would have had more yards if they didn't pull back into conservative clock burning mode practically the whole second half? You see Zac, I know you just graduated Columbia School of Journalism and all. I know your parents are proud, but don't let your fandom get in the way of doing your job if you want to get somewhere in that business. Bad look.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Funny that a group of fans that call their defense the "Legion of Boom" are whining that our players were hitting too hard.

Legion of Boom...more like the Legion of Poo

Limey

Rookie
Also interesting to read that the wet, cold conditions favoured the team that plays home games in a dome, rather than the one that plays its home games in the wettest city in the league.