What Redskins Fans Are Saying

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
Foles at QB, iffy RBs, overrated receivers and an iffy secondary...These are the things that make the 'Skins winners this week ??? Really ??? REALLY ??? Cunningham is a very good back, but Mason can do much more damage as far as a big play guy...Gurley has not been ruled out, though I doubt he sees the field and won't get but a couple of carries if he does... Receivers are overrated by whom ??? I really don't believe the secondary will look anything but good if Cousins has to throw everything in less than 2.5 seconds...Seems like that says primary receiver all day to me...Let me know how many times he has a chance to get a decent look at his second or third option...Any given Sunday is in play every Sunday, just don't see it THIS Sunday...

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Fisher said today that Mason and Gurley both are game time decisions.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://www.hogshaven.com/2015/9/18/9352017/daily-slop-redskins-getting-ready-for-the-rams

Daily Slop: Redskins getting ready for the Rams
By Steve Shoup

Jason Hatcher faces rookie in favorable match-up | ESPN Redskins Blog

Redskins DE Jason Hatcher vs. LG Jamon Brown. Hatcher has looked terrific since training camp opened, playing with power and being disruptive. The Redskins have to hope that continues considering he started this way last season, too. But there's no knee issue dogging him so that's beneficial. Brown, a third-round pick, has dealt with an ankle injury that forced him out vs. Seattle for a few plays. But he also struggled at times throughout the game.

Redskins coach Jay Gruden doesn't want to divulge number 2 QB | ESPN Redskins Blog

No. 2 quarterback. Robert Griffin III was inactive for the season opener vs. Miami, but Gruden has not yet said whether or not that will continue indefinitely. In fact, Gruden won't even say who the No. 2 quarterback will be Sunday (nor will he until 90 minutes before kickoff). Kirk Cousins will start, obviously. There have been little clues in practice during the open portion to the media, though Colt McCoy was serving in the role as the No. 3 quarterback in one individual drill (throwing to the running backs while the other two threw to receivers) but at other times he was doing the duties of the primary backup.

Redskins TE Jordan Reed tweaks quad muscle | ESPN Redskins Blog

Tight end Anthony McCoy, signed after final cuts, continues to learn the Redskins' offense and might be activated Sunday. Gruden said they're not sure yet how many tight ends they'll dress. They also have Derek Carrier, who played 32 of the 69 offensive snaps in Week 1. Carrier caught two passes for eight yards, but is a better blocker than Reed. McCoy is considered more of a blocker as well.

Redskins must handle Aaron Donald and Tavon Austin, but the Rams have other weapons | ESPN Redskins Blog

Against Seattle, there were times middle linebacker James Laurinaitis was unblocked and Donald still split the double team. William Hayes recorded a sack last week in part because he was unblocked due to attention paid to Donald. The dangerous part is when they align Donald and Robert Quinn on the same side and then run a game on the edge where Quinn loops all the way inside with Donald shooting outside. It's effective. Donald also will drop into coverage -- he did this last season vs. the Redskins as well. The move still surprises teams, leads to linemen blocking air while another rusher goes unblocked elsewhere.

Scherff and Co. will get another stiff test vs the Rams | CSN Washington

This week, Brandon Scherff and his teammates have an even more formidable challenge in Aaron Donald and Robert Quinn. In fact, the Rams notched six sacks last week vs. the Seahawks. Donald, who was this week's NFC Defensive Player of the Week, had two of them. Scherff said he expects to match up with Donald. Dating to last season, Donald has sacks in seven of his last eight games. Quinn, who also had two sacks last week, has notched double-digits in sacks each of the past three seasons. Quinn figures to match up with three-time Pro Bowl tackle Trent Williams.

Previewing the Redskins running game vs the Rams | Washington Post

Mixing in different types of runs like these can keep the run game fresh and defense honest. These types of plays can often bring big chunks of yards. But even if they don't, they can offer enough of a threat to open running lanes on the standard stretch plays. Being able to run the ball effectively will be the key to the Redskins having success in this game. Last year, they weren't able to run the ball against the Rams and were shut out. This year, they'll be hoping that the guidance of Callahan helps them find some success.
---------
Silverback is going to give out a thug-life beatdown on Quinn.
Scherff, enjoying his roll as underdog against Suh last week, will go toe to toe with Donald.

Skins win 34-17.
--------
I just finished my film breakdown of both the Rams & Redskins
The Rams front is better than the Dolphins at every position including Donald over Suh
--------
Oh, Morris is far behind Lynch talent-wise.
Not a knock on Morris because he’s pretty damn good. But Marshawn Lynch is a fucking monster. Right now, at this moment, he’s probably the best back in theNFL, and if not, then a CLOSE, close second.

As for the receivers… IF DeSean Jackson were playing in this game, then I’d give it to us easily. But having to replace him with Andre Roberts or Grant (as much as I like Grant) is a MASSIVE dropoff.
------
Seahawks got 7 points from their D and another 7 from their ST
so it’s not as bad as the final score looks
-------
another one was off a short field fumble
So only 10 points they worked for
-------
What about Donald against the run?
Can he hold up at – what is he, 285?
-------
The dude is a beast
Sure we can overpower him with leverage but it will take Callahan out-scheming Gregg Williams
-------
I hope so but Gruden will have to do a better job of getting some down field pass attempts alos
If we dink around with 4 & 5 yard outs & don’t stretch the field, that Rams D will tighten up & strangle us. Remember that we are not ther Seahawks offense & Cousins is not Russell Wilson.

Our D is gonna have to catch the INTs this week to give the O a chance
-------
They did a decent job against Suh and Wake.
Trent’s healthy. I think he can handle Quinn and/or Long for the most part. In all honesty, I think the matchup that worries me most is Michael Brockers against Shawn Lauvao, especially since we’re more likely to run plays to that side in order to protect the young guys on the right side (although I’d still see if we could wear out Donald early by having Scherff lean on him in the run game). But if we’re trying to run left and Brockers is driving Lauvao into the backfield constantly, then we’re gonna be in deep shit.
-------
Yep, but when you double team him, Brockers gets ya, or Quinn
Brockers was the first DT to get to Lynch on the final play last week
--------
yep they have such a strong front, even some of their 2nd unit would start on many teams
so they can give some of their key guys a few plays off and barely miss a beat
-------
just hope our new kicker can kick touch backs all game long
And hope our punter kicks every punt out of bounds .. Hate to see tavon austin kill my favorite team like he did to both my local high schools in the state championship games
--------
Sounds like a good strategy.
Can’t have mistakes and expect to beat the Rams. Really have to take advantage of any Ram mistakes and limit penalties as well.

Great test for this team. They know they gave away a win last week. How will they respond?

After watching Thursday night football I was reminded that even good/great teams/players make mistakes. They overcome them by coming back out and making plays. I don’t know how many plays this roster can make so I’m thinking they better limit their mistakes.
-------
This young offensive line has one helluva test ahead of them. Again.
That being said, I think they’re up for the task. Suh is more powerful then Aaron Donald and Wake is more explosive then Quinn in my opinion. So I think our guys will able to hold their own and keep them at bay. I would love to see Alfred Morris able to run through their defense and rack up yards like he did last week. If Morris goes over 100 yards on the day (again) we should be in a position to win (again).
--------
As much as I want to be optimistic...
It’s a bad matchup. Moreso because of the guys we’re missing. For this point, I’ll settle for not getting blown out.
--------
I think our run defense will continue to be stout
But then the Rams will realize they can throw at will against our weakened secondary. We really need the front 7 to get to the QB more this week if we’re going to stop their passing attack. Paging Preston Smith..
----
The one saving grace...
They don’t exactly have All-Pros in their WR corps. Austin’s probably scariest because of his physical talent and the way they tend to deploy him… but Kenny Britt’s never caught more than 50 balls in a season. They don’t have any one that can really take over a game at the WR position. Austin’s really only effective if they’re moving him all over the place. He actually had more carries than catches last year.

And frankly, I don’t think their D-line’s good enough for them to come out and run 12- or 15-play drives against us. We just need to get off the field on 3rd down and keep from getting chunked.

Despite the Culliver injury, I’m actually more concerned about their tight ends against our linebackers and safeties (much more so with a somewhat undersized Trenton Robinson stepping in for Ihenacho). Jared Cook’s basically been their leading receiver the last 2 years. He’s got 4.5 speed. Nothing to sneeze at for a WR… and this guy’s 6’5", 255. Cameron didn’t get into the end zone but he really chunked us a couple of times. Cook might be even better than Cameron.
-------
We aren’t going to run on them like we did against Miami. They stifled Lynch, and Morris isn’t quite as good as Lynch. Meanwhile, The Rams piled up about 300 yards against a secondary that is obviously better than ours. We need the defense to make a couple more big plays this week to give us a chance. Here’s hoping we see more of Preston Smith and he continues to shine.
--------
Being honest I don't think this team matches up to the Rams. I want Jeff Fisher to take a beating but it will take something special.
I’m one that believes when the odds are stacked against you it’s time to go for broke. Put together a smart as you can game plan for your roster but don’t be afraid to take some shots. Take a few series on defense and go balls to the wall on blitzes. Take a couple offensive series and commit to throwing it deep. Have a couple trick special teams plays in the mix, If the circumstance allow- fake a punt or two.

Am I underestimating our team? Does this strategy amount to not believing in your team? If it backfires it’s more controversy and calls for the HC to be fired and all that crap…..

Damn the torpedos!
--------
I bet the individual players who watch film in the various game planning sessions are not awed or wowed like fans are.
Anyone can succeed against anyone if they anticipate the play and know their assignment. Then they just have to do it. Sherff doesn’t think Donald is going to shrug him aside like a rag doll and have nightmares dreading the upcoming game. He just knows that he’ll have to be quick off the snap and follow Callahan’s instructions.

More times than not, Donald is going to get tangled up in the mosh pit or be picking himself off the ground. Every so often he may make a play, as the elite do, but most of the time they won’t be making a play.

The skins linemen don’t believe that on every down one of the Rams DL will bust through and make a backfield play. And they won’t.

Seems like fans work themselves into a lather by reading daily blurbs and amplifying the opposition’s good plays from the previous week(s). So, in short, don’t worry and don’t be concerned, watch the game and see the slow build of the redskins toward improvement.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
I bet the individual players who watch film in the various game planning sessions are not awed or wowed like fans are.

Anyone can succeed against anyone if they anticipate the play and know their assignment. Then they just have to do it. Sherff doesn’t think Donald is going to shrug him aside like a rag doll and have nightmares dreading the upcoming game. He just knows that he’ll have to be quick off the snap and follow Callahan’s instructions.

More times than not, Donald is going to get tangled up in the mosh pit or be picking himself off the ground. Every so often he may make a play, as the elite do, but most of the time they won’t be making a play.

The skins linemen don’t believe that on every down one of the Rams DL will bust through and make a backfield play. And they won’t.

I HOPE the Skins Oline isn't nervous about the Rams Dline. Please please continue to underestimate just how fucking dominate Donald and Quinn are. And yes, they will be in the backfield every single play.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
The one saving grace...
They don’t exactly have All-Pros in their WR corps. Austin’s probably scariest because of his physical talent and the way they tend to deploy him… but Kenny Britt’s never caught more than 50 balls in a season. They don’t have any one that can really take over a game at the WR position. Austin’s really only effective if they’re moving him all over the place. He actually had more carries than catches last year.
Here's what you should focus your attention on this week, Hogs fan.

The middle of your defense is going to get absolutely DESTROYED. None of your linebackers or safeties are widely known for their pass coverage skills (Goldson is horrible) and all of our receivers are more than capable of sitting down in zones or tearing apart a seam. We don't need a team full of Julio Joneses to be able to rack up yardage and points. All we need to do is find your weak spot, and this is going to be it.

Then when Gruden decides enough is enough and starts to tighten up?
BOOM - over the top to Givens, Tavon, Quick, Britt, or even Cook.
Because, you know, speed.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Here's what you should focus your attention on this week, Hogs fan.

The middle of your defense is going to get absolutely DESTROYED. None of your linebackers or safeties are widely known for their pass coverage skills (Goldson is horrible) and all of our receivers are more than capable of sitting down in zones or tearing apart a seam. We don't need a team full of Julio Joneses to be able to rack up yardage and points. All we need to do is find your weak spot, and this is going to be it.

Then when Gruden decides enough is enough and starts to tighten up?
BOOM - over the top to Givens, Tavon, Quick, Britt, or even Cook.
Because, you know, speed.

ab0b5a69a891b7b626807729149d095c.354x176x1.jpg

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
I rewatched the Skins Dolphins game about an hour ago. Boy did the Dolphins come out looking flat and really other than Landry just looked that way all game.

Suh looked like nothing compared to Donald. Slow off the ball, lost leverage immediately.

Alfred Morris looked pretty good. His oline was opening a crease and he was hitting it hard.

Boom

UDFA
Hopefully with the Redskins having a new kicker, we can finally get a kickoff return touchdown. It's been 10 years since Chris Johnson returned one in 2005.

Alan

Legend
"Brown, a third-round pick, has dealt with an ankle injury that forced him out vs. Seattle for a few plays. But he also struggled at times throughout the game."
So is he just making stuff up or was it not just a face mask problem on his helmet as was reported by real reporters?

Daved202

UDFA
Except without the talent. :LOL:

Come on, Dashing. Foles has played Washington four times in his career. Two of them were as a rookie. His QB Rating and Yardage in those 4 games are:
Rookie Year
204 yards and a 40.5 QB Rating
345 yards and a 85.9 QB Rating

Second Year
298 yards and a 104.3 QB Rating

Third Year
325 yards and a 114.4 QB Rating

That's not exactly struggling against the Redskins.
First comments true about talent..funny thing is we tried to get Aldon Smith but oakland got to him first.

Haha how do u know im saying things to spice things up. Foles is pretty alright but skins aint scared of him.

Bradford destroyed us all the time tho I mean.

Daved202

UDFA
I am not scared one iota about the Rams playing the 'Skins. Should I be? Probably.

But the defense is not on par. Their O, while they did play well last game, doesn't scare me with Cousins and Morris. And for the first time in forever(insert Frozen reference) the Rams actually have a QB who is not backup material.

Gonna be a defensive Gane.

Daved202

UDFA
I was going to read this thread from page nine backwards to where I left off the other day....

But then I ran across this...

and decided my time would be better spent elsewhere.

Haha becauze probowls are always accurate.

Daved202

UDFA
So I just finished watching the rams vs seahawks game . My take.....that was the worst seattle seahawks team ive seen in a decade . Literally you guys could of put up 40 points they couldn't tackle any one.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So I just finished watching the rams vs seahawks game . My take.....that was the worst seattle seahawks team ive seen in a decade . Literally you guys could of put up 40 points they couldn't tackle any one.

Worst Seahawks team in a decade. Apparently they are worse than these Seahawks teams:
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/sea/2008.htm
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/sea/2009.htm

Nobody takes you seriously when you post ridiculous crap like that. The Seahawks defense that you are trashing would have held you guys to less points than Miami did.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
You should go work for ESPN with that analysis.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Have seen this way too much. So many analysts and others are blaming the Seahawks lose on Kam Chancellor being out. Do these idiots realize we were on our third string RB, along with not having Quick or Gaines? All the people saying we beat the Seahawks only because Kam Chancellor was out need to shut up.

My answer to that logic is this: The coaches and GMs figure out how to build the team and who they think they need to play in the games. Decisions on team cunstruction is an enormous part of football. So, if a GM or coach decides not to play a guy because he needs more recovery time like Tre Mason, then that is a part of the entire picture.

Likewise if a coach or GM decides that they can get by without a certain player who is holding out, then that is a team decision by the coaches and GM about who they need on their team and who they don't.

So, like it or not the Cam Chancelorless Seahawks is who they are. They are the team that the people in charge chose. So, it is not right for anyone to say, but if they only had Cam. They might as well say, but if they only had Barry Sanders. Neither was on the field.

Daved202

UDFA
All and all. Skins pull the upset 20-17 I notice you guys giving up a ton of short catches and unlike seattle we have a slightly ( due to jackson out) better WR core while our OL is animprovement over seattle.

Om
Worst Seahawks team in a decade. Apparently they are worse than these Seahawks teams:
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/sea/2008.htm
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/sea/2009.htm

Nobody takes you seriously when you post ridiculous crap like that. The Seahawks defense that you are trashing would have held you guys to less points than Miami did.

You do realize I was complementing your team. ...

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So from what I've been able to gather from Skins fans is don't pay attention to your win last week. Pay attention to our good effort in a loss last week. Don't pay attention to your shut out last year here. Pay attention to our draft and our improvements to our team. Don't pay attention to your draft or improvements. That team you played last week is horrible while the team we played is very good.

I think I get it, it's the same with national media types it's very simple. Rams fans don't have any faith in you or your team. Everybody else has more reasons to be excited about their team than you sorry that's just the way it is.

Daved202

UDFA
My answer to that logic is this: The coaches and GMs figure out how to build the team and who they think they need to play in the games. Decisions on team cunstruction is an enormous part of football. So, if a GM or coach decides not to play a guy because he needs more recovery time like Tre Mason, then that is a part of the entire picture.

Likewise if a coach or GM decides that they can get by without a certain player who is holding out, then that is a team decision by the coaches and GM about who they need on their team and who they don't.

So, like it or not the Cam Chancelorless Seahawks is who they are. They are the team that the people in charge chose. So, it is not right for anyone to say, but if they only had Cam. They might as well say, but if they only had Barry Sanders. Neither was on the field.

Even with there starting SS you would of done well. Injurys are w
So from what I've been able to gather from Skins fans is don't pay attention to your win last week. Pay attention to our good effort in a loss last week. Don't pay attention to your shut out last year here. Pay attention to our draft and our improvements to our team. Don't pay attention to your draft or improvements. That team you played last week is horrible while the team we played is very good.

I think I get it, it's the same with national media types it's very simple. Rams fans don't have any faith in you or your team. Everybody else has more reasons to be excited about their team than you sorry that's just the way it is.

?? Tons of skins fans think we will lose.