What Redskins Fans Are Saying

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://es.redskins.com/topic/392949-a-rams-fans-look-at-the-2015-rams/

A RAMS FAN'S LOOK AT THE 2015 RAMS

ramsrams - Seriously, why don't you guys just move to the NFC West, or the Rams to the NFC East, and be done with it? Think this is the fifth game in seven years between the two teams! Unfortunately, most of that is a by-product of the recent suckage of our two teams.

Hello, I've enjoyed doing a few of these before. I'm not interested in trolling, nor will I reply to trolls. This forum has always been good about that.

After an 0-4 preseason, during which they looked positively inept, the Rams pulled one out in OT against a Seahawks team that has issues. The Rams have always matched up well against Seattle, so I'm not taking too much out of that game.

The big story in St. Louis, of course, is the potential move of the franchise back to L.A. Fisher has done a good job shielding the players from this distraction, basically reprising Sargent Shultz's " I know nothing" role from Hogan's Heroes. Plenty of Rams/Skins connections, including George Allen, Gregg Williams and the starters the Rams have from the RGIII trade.

Onto the 2015 Rams:

QB: You guys know Nick Foles better than me, so I won't bore you. He showed very nice resiliency in Game One. The Rams seem to have bought into him as a team leader, and despite his athletic limitations, I think there's enough there to win with. At least he (so far) gets up after he's knocked down. He's not afraid to throw the ball downfield, which is unusual for recent Rams QB's. Case Keenum is the game manager back-up QB ( won a couple for the Texans last year), and Sean Mannion the untested rookie third stringer.

RB: Third string running back Benny Cunningham will start this week. First round pick Todd Gurley has only began contact work, and I don't expect to see him for a while. After not having luck with that ACL thang last year (see Bradford, Sam) the Rams are rightly exercising caution. Can't wait to see him, though. Love that power/speed combo, and as a Rams fan, I've seen a few good ones over the years.

Tre Mason had a decent enough rookie year, despite the usual vulgar Rams OL play. Showed some quicks, and for a smaller guy, was brave between the tackles. He's got a hammy, though, and is week or two away. Don't sleep on Cunningham. For a squat back, he's got good enough feet to make the first guy miss. Has a little power, too. Where he's quite good is as a receiver out of the backfield. Not going to burn you with speed, just reliable. Good in pass pro, too. Should Isiah Pead see the field to give Cunningham a puff, the Redskins would be wise to empty the box, as he won't touch the ball after last week's fumble.

TE: The Rams move their TE's around a lot. Inline, WR, FB, HB. Jarrod Cook is the nominal starter, but Lance Kendricks sees a lot of field, too. Cook can work the seams, and has a large catch radius, but is inconsistent and won't wow you as a blocker. Kendricks is more of the all-round TE, and is decent enough. Corey Harkey has had his moments as the FB/inline guy, but didn't see a lot of field last week.

WR: No number one type, that's for sure. An interesting mix, though. Kenny Britt ( is there such a thing as being partially resurrected?) has always had talent, it just doesn't show up on the field all the time. You just never know when he'll flash. Tavon Austin played a huge number of snaps last week at wideout, but the Rams still haven't figured out how to use him ( well, they did, but you don't call PI on RIchard Sherman, do you? Heavens no!) unless it's a WR screen. The coaches have indicated that he can actually run, you know, routes this year, so watch out!

Stedman Bailey only catches everything thrown to him, and remains surprisingly under utilized. Not a burner, but the kid can play. Redskins fans will remember Chris Givens, and he had a very good preseason, but doesn't seem in the long term plan. Former high second round pick Brian Quick was off to the best start of any Rams WR in a long while last year, until his shoulder was destroyed. Didn't even dress last week.

OL: A work in progress. The Rams finally, and in my opinion wisely, stopped signing big money FA OL this year. It just didn't work. Those guys just break down, or weren't very good to begin with, outside their scheme. The Rams are running a little more zone blocking this year, but remain a primarily power team. Tim Barnes won a three way competition for the starting centre job this year, and is a journeyman. Knighton should beat him with his strength. At OG, Roger Saffold is the best Rams OL, finally back on the right side. Strong guy.

Jamon Brown is the rookie left guard, and survived Game One without too many scars. Rob Havenstein is the rookie at RT, and will need a lot of TE help against Kerrigan. Former number two overall LT Greg Robinson has disappointed thus far, though I don't think he'll bust like Justin Smith. He just plays slow. Veteran Garret Reynolds will see the snaps if there's an injury, and he's meh. The rest are basically late round rookies.

DL: Others have opined that the Bills or the Dolphins have the best DL in football. I'm here to tell them they are wrong. With Chris Long finally healthy, I just don't see it. Start with the best 4-3 DE in football, Robert Quinn. You guys have a very good LT, but I'm betting he's not sleeping very well this week! It's now fashionanable to call Aaron Donald the best DT in football, and I won't disagree. Quick as a cat, and strong as an ox.

Next to him is Michael Brockers, who likes a little sugar when he eats double teams for breakfast. Alfred ( love that guy, what a heart) is going to find it tough going in the middle. Long is the worst of them, probably just a double digit sack guy. The depth is very good, and the Rams rotate a lot. William Hayes is a very good starter on many teams, Eugene Sims is both powerful and quick, and Nick Fairly is an afterthought at this point.

LB: As you all know, James has been the man in the middle for years. Not a big fan, actually. I'm old fashioned, and like my MLB to take on a block, then make a tackle in the hole. James is more finesse, but gets caught up in the wash too much. With the much improved play at DT, I'm not sure those great tackle numbers five yards from the LOS cut it anymore. We could do worse.

Alec Ogletree had a good first game, playing much more disciplined and sure- tackling. Kid has all the talent in the world, just not sure his football instincts are there. Has the potential to be a great weakside guy. The Rams, due to the Graham match-up, hardly played their new strong side LB, Akeem Ayers, last week. He's more of a blitz/pass rush guy anyway. Might match up better against the Redskins. Nothing to speak of re depth, just special teamers.

Secondary: Can you say contract year? Both starting Rams CB's are in them, and they are playing like it. Janoris Jenkins basically shut down half the field against Seattle. He's always had the talent, but with Janoris, you're a brain cramp away from disaster. Trumaine Johnson was having a great game, including an interception, when he got his bell rung. Not sure he'll play this week. The Rams were already down a quart due to the loss of rookie sensation E.J. Gaines with a preseason game injury, but in steps Marcus Roberson to provide reliable CB play.

Second round pick from a year ago Lamarcus Joyner covers the slot, and though he may not be fast, seems to be getting over some rookie jitters. Rams are a little short at CB depth, especially if Johnson can't play. At safety, T.J. McDonald can bring the wood as the strong safety, and is improving in coverage. Rodney McLeod used to be the weak link, but it seems he just realized the job of the free safety is to not let guys get behind you. Hope he keeps it up after a fine Game One. Mark Barron is used in sub packages as a hybrid safety/LB, often on the blitz.And he's pretty good at it.

Special Teams: Despite giving up a PR TD last week, the Rams special teams have rated highly the last few years. They missed their special teams captain Darren Bates last week. Not sure if he'll be up this week. Of course you'll have to watch Tavon on the punt returns. Then again, our kicker, Greg Zurlein, can't seem to kick in your stadium. Who knows, this game might be decided by special teams.

Referees: I better not go there.

As always, may the best team win!
----------
Good breakdown as always. I think you're right. For some reason, the schedule makers seem to think the Bucs and the Rams are part of our division. We seemingly play them every year.

Right now, we really don't know what we have in a whole bunch of areas.

Oline looked strong, but we're essentially relying on two rookies on the right side. They'll have some inconsistencies, but the talent's there. Receiver: We lost our biggest homerun threat, but Garcon can still be quite good, the young guys look promising, and Roberts is as likely to make an impossible catch as he is to drop an easy one. Our secondary is very banged up and we have a guy suspended. Our running game is very potent. Morris is a doubles hitter, but he is a great chain mover. Finally, we really don't know what we have in Gruden or Barry.

I think both teams have a fighter's chance to win. We'll see. Last week, was a good game until the refs took over and Cousins threw his second pick. The team though only made one big mistake though, otherwise they dominated the game. Unfortunately, the big mistake cost them them the game. Danger of playing Martyball.
-----------
Good post. Thinking from your point of view what would I want to know about the Redskins that might not be self evident or we haven't seen in game 1.

1. Rashard Ross was the star of the preseason. He is a burner (with D Jax out he's really the only guy who can stretch the field so he might see some action.)

2. The young right side of the line who many thought would be eaten up by Suh and Wake did surprisingly well last Sunday especially Scherff.

3. At the moment the Redskins because of injuries don't have a real blocking TE on the roster. Tom Compton who is an O lineman has played some TE and could serve on that end . He was hurt and didn't play in game 1 but might be able to play against the Rams.

4. The best cover corner Culliver is out for this game. But I gather Breeland is back for this one, he had a decent rookie season last year.

5. With D. Jax out, Cousins seems to be targeting Garcon and Jordan Reed. Reed in particular. Reed has the potential to be a great one if he can stay healthy.

6. As for pass rush the left side is their weakness but Preston Smith might be coming on, had a sack last week.

7. Some of us don't have a lot of faith in Jay Gruden. I like Gregg Williams' chances to outwit Jay scheme wise like last season. It was the one game last year where the Redskins were shut out.

8. To say the Redskins special teams is atrocious would be an understatement. Austin against this unit is a scary thought. On the Redskins end, I am looking for Crowder though to eventually break through and be a good PR.

9. Redskins seem to be missing that killer instinct in close games, something tends to happen and things fold.

10. The running game looks very good. Alfred Morris seems possessed and Matt Jones is a good looking prospect.

11. I am sure you remember Andre Roberts from the division. I wouldn't even cover him on third down, so no worries on just about every key down he will drop the ball.

12. We lost our strong safety and again the best cover corner is out -- the secondary was already the weakness, so I'd throw often. Also because the Redskins run defense is good.

13. We just released the team's most reliable kicker of all time and picked up a new one off the street. Considering the history here, expect a missed field goal or two.
----------
I really don't see us doing anything on offense. Rams offense will do just enough

17-3 Rams
--------
always nice to have you here, ramsrams. Even if we all want to kill you after the game.
tongue.png

Nice breakdown, btw.

I just hope the Skins are able to build off their game against the Dolphins, continue to run the ball against an even better Dline, and not have those mental breakdowns show up as the pressure mounts later in games.

Our secondary will be a clear issue, so I guess it's good your WR corps isn't exactly deadly. But losing Culliver is an absolute killer as he's our only DB who consistently shuts his guy down.

Breeland is coming off an MCL and looked really rusty the last game of preseason and he didn't even practice last week or play due to a one game suspension. So it could get ugly there.

If there's any game the Rams might rack up passing yards in, it's this one, so long as Foles gets rid of it quick. Our front is a strength. Should be interesting.
--------
I am more upbeat than many about the season in relative terms but sadly I am not optimistic about this match up. I can see it being ugly. Not to mention that Gregg Williams and Jeff Fisher seem to bring an extra motivational edge when they play the Redskins. Gregg I presume for being passed over for HC for Zorn and Fisher on behalf of Shanny who is supposedly his best buddy in the business.

Even though the Rams D are similar to the Dolphins D in multiple ways -- I hope Jay has some new twists to the offense versus bringing back last weeks offense. Not everyone here loves Gregg (I liked him, though) but its hard to argue that the dude isn't a preparation hound. Mark Bullock for the Sun-Sentinel dissected pretty well, how last year Gregg seemed to have a good read on Jay's offense.
--------
Great breakdown. I agree that d-line is fierce and nasty!
--------
Can easily see the Rams competing for a playoff spot this year, but if not, they definetely look like the team due for a breakout. They had some pretty convincing wins last year against us and the 52-0 win over Oakland. They match up well against their divisional foes well too. If they can just limit the dumb mistakes and turnovers that usually happen to a young team the Rams can do some damage.
--------
Welcome back - I hope you're enjoying the exciting start for your team. I think this could be the year that you guys get over the hump and make some noise in the NFC. Also, as someone with roots in Missouri I've always like the Cardinals as my NL team, so good luck next month in that sport too.

As for this game, I just don't see how the Redskins generate enough offense. Our running game looked impressive against Miami, but something tells me that Gregg Williams will take that away. Even as someone who believes Cousins is clearly our best QB option, I don't see how he can win a game with the bulk of the offense needing to rest on his shoulders. I think our D will do an OK job against Foles, but will wear down as the game goes on - we always tend to give up 1-2 seemingly easy drives at some point during a game.

So, I'll go with 27-10 St. Louis.
--------
This weeks game against you guys will be ugly for us skins. I'm envisioning something similar to when we played the Texans last year. Doesn't matter that the Seahawks struggled some last week, the fact you beat them means the Rams are head and shoulders above where we are right now. Enjoy, Rams will be 2-0.
---------
Our OL and our defense played surprisingly well last week, but ultimately Cousins is just the sort of QB who will get crushed by Gregg Williams' schemes, and Gruden is utterly incapable of making halftime adjustments. I see your D forcing 4 turnovers, and Tavon Austin will take at least one to the house.
-------
...you guys are REALLY hyping the Rams.
-------
35-14 skins

Sunshine 5 td passes
--------
their offense is garbage. We know exactly who Nick Foles is. Their Oline is a steaming pile of doggy doo, their running game is pee wee caliber, their receivers are, well, who cares really. Their offense sucks.

That said, this is the NFL. They will score points. I think anywhere from 10-17 points.

That leaves our offense. I really don't seeiing us moving the ball, period. Would be a pleasant surprise to be wrong.
---------
I'd venture to say that Miami's D is better overall and we moved the ball against them.

They'll move the ball. Will they score enough? Who knows. But honestly, it's two lower tier teams going against each other. It is a toss up

So, not a lot of hype for the Rams, just a realization we don't match up well.
---------
I mean they did just beat the Seahawks. I'm not so concerned with their offense but their defense is stout. We more than likely will not get the production from ALMO we got against the Dolphins so that puts even more pressure on Kirk to play well. We're not a quick strike offense especially without Desean so we'll have to inch our way down the field with the 5 and outs. Unless Gruden has something up his sleeve...
---------
Miami' s defense may be better, but the Rams' schemes are much more likely to fluster our preprogrammed QB.

It's not hyping the Rams; rather, it is the recognition of our overriding suckitude.
---------
How does Jeff Fisher fleece two NFC East teams with trades like that?

Nick Foles is legit...I was high on him when he was drafted in 2012. Your defense if scary, especially with Gregg Williams calling the plays. And in case you don't remember, Gregg coached here from 2004-2007. He was supposed to take over for Joe Gibbs in 2008 but was passed over for Jim Zorn. There's no doubt that Gregg still holds a grudge against Snyder.
---------
Well I doubt the Rams will score 30+ points two times in a row.

Except if they resurrected the Greatest Show on Turf, but their passing corps isn't exactly flashy. Not more than ours at least. And Nick Foles isn't exactly the guy that is consistent.

It's always tough between the two teams, and I suspect that the Rams may get fooled by their win against Seattle and think we'll be an easy W. Something we could take advantage of.

Here's to a good game with no injuries.
----------
Dude, the Rams are terrible. We win this going away. 2014 game is a distant memory.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
their offense is garbage. We know exactly who Nick Foles is. Their Oline is a steaming pile of doggy doo, their running game is pee wee caliber, their receivers are, well, who cares really. Their offense sucks.

That said, this is the NFL. They will score points. I think anywhere from 10-17 points.
lolol.gif

Athos

Legend
Mostly reasoned fans with a few nuggets of idiocy.

foreskins score 35? Lmfao

And that last one. Yeah.

Cousins may need a body bag after this game imo.

Corbin

THIS IS MY BOOOOOMSTICK!!
Haha I can't wait till we whoop that ass! See what they have to say then! I guess it's like any forum, some decent non homer posters then just the guys with head stuck in butt syndrome. I'd like to see how we respond to our shutout we pitched last year. Good luck trying to get the ball to that 'vaunted' WR core!

A55VA6

Legend
Man, for a minute there I had some respect for those Skins fans... but then came in the idiots:

"35-14 skins. Sunshine 5 td passes" - LOLOLOLOLOL no.

"their offense is garbage. Their Oline is a steaming pile of doggy doo, their running game is pee wee caliber, their receivers are, well, who cares really. Their offense sucks." - Interesting. He just explained the Redskins.

I'm not going to say we go in there and kill em', but I'm confident the Rams will get the W. Rams win 24-10.

the Rams pulled one out in OT against a Seahawks team that has issues. The Rams have always matched up well against Seattle, so I'm not taking too much out of that game.

Have seen this way too much. So many analysts and others are blaming the Seahawks lose on Kam Chancellor being out. Do these idiots realize we were on our third string RB, along with not having Quick or Gaines? All the people saying we beat the Seahawks only because Kam Chancellor was out need to shut up.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Have seen this way too much. So many analysts and others are blaming the Seahawks lose on Kam Chancellor being out. Do these idiots realize we were on our third string RB, along with not having Quick or Gaines? All the people saying we beat the Seahawks only because Kam Chancellor was out need to shut up.

When you're a Rams fan, you can choose the win, getting fair treatment, or neither.

I'll take the win.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Ahhh, extreme skins.

Most of it is like....

152401-Homer-Simpson-laughing-gif-Img-WyJK.gif

But then you read shit that's so stupid, and I'm all...

tumblr_inline_mm8xa6yLsC1qz4rgp.gif

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
I've never been so confident about winning a game before. Their team is worse then last year and if we had a QB it would have been another 52-0 drubbing. 31-3 only because I predict our offense will turn it over at some point. Bring it on, fuckers.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
For real though. Is this what we used to look like? I don't think I've ever been THAT delusional.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Some of these mothers are experiencing some real fear.

Don't worry boys, just fake it til you make it right? I'm sure your D that could barely stop the Dolphins and O that got 10 against one of the lesser Ds will do just fine against the Rams.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
For real though. Is this what we used to look like? I don't think I've ever been THAT delusional.
It struck me that we used to have that same, depressing outlook.

I'm still not sure what we can do as a team... and I definitely need to see a few consistently good efforts... but week 1 was a very pleasant surprise.

Looking forward to a repeat this week! C'mon Rams!

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I totally forgot the inside story lines....Greg got passed over for Zorn? Fish mad about Shanney dismissal? Hint, so is RGIII....Bunch of reasons for a blowout, but a bunch of reasons for a tight game....The were embarrassed last year...that was Cousins right? Any type of personal pride should make him play a lil better. Still, weak schemes, weak wr's after Garcon...how do you do a hyphen in here? I like their RB's...Gotta see their line...Scherff vs Donald...Should see if the rookie is really all that...Wonder ho he did vs Suh?
If there's any game the Rams might rack up passing yards in, it's this one, so long as Foles gets rid of it to Quick.
Fixed it for him.....