What QB trait do you covet the most? (poll)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Your single most important QB trait is...

• Total voters

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Good discussion, guys.
I really had no point when I made this thread. Just wanted to get people talking.

hekk.gif

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
IMO, As a quarterback, Vernon Adams understands the demands of the position better than most. He points to one skill set Wentz has that no other has.

Experience and immediate comfort in a Pro Style offense.

---keep in mind Adams wants to get drafted, but he certainly does have a unique perspective on Wentz because he studied NDSU/Wentz while at Eastern Washington.

So he pointed to the same general thing that everybody else pointed to (Wentz's offensive system) along with rating himself over Goff and a slew of other QBs because Oregon beat their teams? Again, why should we put any stock in that opinion?

Adams is talented enough to be worth a pick but his opinion on the other QBs in the Draft doesn't hold much weight with me.

Plus, Adams plays QB. Not like he was studying how to beat Goff or Wentz.

FloridaBison

Dreamin of the back 9
Name
floridabison
So he pointed to the same general thing that everybody else pointed to (Wentz's offensive system) along with rating himself over Goff and a slew of other QBs because Oregon beat their teams? Again, why should we put any stock in that opinion?

Adams is talented enough to be worth a pick but his opinion on the other QBs in the Draft doesn't hold much weight with me.

Plus, Adams plays QB. Not like he was studying how to beat Goff or Wentz.

Vernon Adams is positioning himself for a draft position. That is why he said what he said regarding the other QB's.

What cant be dismissed...

A soon to be NFL QB (one known by most here) believes that running a Pro Set West Coast Offense in college is an advantage over those who came from the spread. In HIS opinion, enough to separate Wentz above all others, including himself.

Heck, Kurt Warner changed his opinion and now feels Wentz is a better choice for the Rams for this very reason.

GabesHorn

GRACE AND TRUTH
I'm the biggest Warner backer on the earth as I have put my money where my mouth is in a Warner collection to rival anyone's anywhere. Hope next year is finally His year for HOF. Warner only proved he was just listening to others there at the NFL Network and never did his own game study as the rest of the REAL hardcore scouts of teams that NEED quarterbacks. Go to arams41 on EBay and ask me for anything graded or non-graded , rookie or short printed or 1 of 1 cards footballs,pictures,helmets,pins. I doubt Kurt did more than just get his opinion changed by just listening to more talkers , without putting in the real time as he does'nt get paid to do that anymore. Kurt was focusing first on polish, footwork,accuracy and how the younger kid overcame adversity in 3 years in Pac 12. Now Warner changed to his small school roots and ability to transfer to the NFL better after just a year and a half of small school football when one throws the ball only 1 mph faster? Took a very short amount of snaps behind center ? What about the 56/1 touchdowns to interceptions in red zone ? How can you ever forget that ? Maybe we pick Wentz and I'll get behind him 100% . Love you Kurt . Don't make yourself look silly son. 3 more days till we get our Guy. 3rd in my entire life rooting for the RAMS having the #1 Pick. Third #1 since 1968 . Been a fan since 1965. Never thought in my dreams My RAMS would ever play in the Collesium ever again. Let's get the new uniforms right whenever they come. May win it ALL before we get them. Snead get us some guys to catch the rock now!!!! Then Weinke do your magic with this kid. We finally have HOPE on board again. We love you @X.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Vernon Adams is positioning himself for a draft position. That is why he said what he said regarding the other QB's.

What cant be dismissed...

A soon to be NFL QB (one known by most here) believes that running a Pro Set West Coast Offense in college is an advantage over those who came from the spread. In HIS opinion, enough to separate Wentz above all others, including himself.

Heck, Kurt Warner changed his opinion and now feels Wentz is a better choice for the Rams for this very reason.

It can absolutely be dismissed. I certainly don't care what Vernon Adams thinks. I like the kid as a Day 3 QB prospect. Think he'll be a good backup at the next level. But I don't care about his opinion on prospects.

And Kurt Warner is entitled to his opinion...but it doesn't do anything for me. He's no different than any of the other media experts.

What you're telling us isn't new. We've all known what scheme Wentz has played in for quite some time now. It doesn't change the narrative. It doesn't introduce new information. And it certainly doesn't influence my opinion. Playing in a pro style offense doesn't make a guy a better prospect. It's simply one part of the evaluation.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Should add more options here. Mine is pocket presence and accuracy, athleticism comes and goes but having a refined mental acuity will go a long way.

fearsomefour

Legend
Knowing where his receivers are at all times and throwing only where they can get it trumps all the others imo. The rest is gravy.
Agreed.
This factors in in terms of getting the ball out quickly and on time to the receiver.
Good pocket passers, who have a great mental grasp of the game, make their O lines better than they really are and don't take a bunch of big shots because they don't need to hold the ball.

nighttrain

Legend
getting his read right and hitting his receivers at right moment in over the middle passes, are what separate the great from the good, + doing it in pressure moments, having a great arm didnt do Jeff George a bit of good
train

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Never thought in my dreams My RAMS would ever play in the Collesium ever again. Let's get the new uniforms right whenever they come. May win it ALL before we get them. Snead get us some guys to catch the rock now!!!! Then Weinke do your magic with this kid. We finally have HOPE on board again.
Here! Here!:cheers::cheers: