What QB trait do you covet the most? (poll)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Your single most important QB trait is...

• Total voters

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I realize there are many different traits, and I haven't captured them all, but I'm really only interested in these four options.
If you had to choose the most important trait of the ones provided, which would it be?

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Knowing where his receivers are at all times and throwing only where they can get it trumps all the others imo. The rest is gravy.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Knowing where his receivers are at all times and throwing only where they can get it trumps all the others imo. The rest is gravy.

Same here. I consider this "processing speed".

It is THE common trait among all successful QB's. All of them.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I picked option number III. Every team tries to rush the passer in various ways. A QB with pocket awareness and the ability to keep a play alive and still be accurate is the ticket IMO. If he can do that then passing with no pressure is easy pickins.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Voted: Can extend plays with his legs and throws well on the run

Tough to choose just one but i just see this extension of plays by a QB so valuable in a league where pass rush is at a premium, especially come playoff time. Granted he's got be able to move outside the pocket AND keep his eyes downfield and be able to make those difficult throws. A.Rodgers, R.Wilson, A.Luck etc...

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Just have to say it's awesome that Goff has all those traits and we are getting him. This is gonna be a fun ride!

Cullen Bryant

Rookie
Name
Will
Hard to choose just one because all are important but I chose " Can extend plays with his legs and throws well on the run " because this is what the Rams need the most right now and this ability can create the big plays that are needed.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
Dang Dude. Make it tough on us, why don't you? I finally went with "makes calls at the line", though I almost went with "uses legs to extend plays."

Next time go easy on us. Like this:
  • Wins dang games
  • Has eyes that look all crossed
  • Agrees to do panty hose commercials
  • Looks like Napoleon Dynamite
You see, @X ? It's not that difficult, builds consensus, and causes all around good will.

-thanks for the great poll!

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Check recent playoff success.

Loaded with QB's that can extend plays.......helps the worst QB's out....and allows time to develop a bunch of other traits...

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I am in the tank for Goff, but Fisher/Snead may be tricky boy on Draft day and pick Wentz.....I would be excited about him too!

But Goff is gotta be the guy if I'm picking

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I like a guy that can read the defense and make changes into successful plays.

Moving to extend plays is great but you certainly didn't Manning doing much of that and he still managed the SB for a win.
Winning games Goff didn't exactly measure up to Cook in that department.
Throwing guys open, in the NFL I'm not sure how viable that is, the WR just have to make plays and win against the coverage. They have to do their part too.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
Tough call but I went with option #2.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
None of those. At least independently.

The single most important skill........

IMO the players who are considered the best QB's all have one thing in common.

They can accurately deliver the ball to their guys. WR's, TE's, RB's.

That's the magic that makes a QB valuable.

And if we look at the best QB's playing over time, meaning a few decades and under different rules, there are a lot of different styles of play but there is only ONE common denominator.

They can throw the ball into the hands of pass catchers.

That's WAY more important than anything in this poll.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
I took #2 but quick release would probably be right up there. A quick release is a great trait allowing qb's to get the ball to open receivers in a hurry and also avoid pressure and sacks.

FloridaBison

Dreamin of the back 9
Name
floridabison
Vernon Adams (former Oregon Duck): Draft me before every QB except Carson Wentz.--USA Today 24, April 2016.

He’s seen other quarterbacks in this draft class up close, in Pac-12 games against Jared Goff of Cal, and Cody Kessler of USC and Kevin Hogan of Stanford – Adams’ Ducks won each of those games, he’ll point out – and watched more North Dakota State film of Carson Wentz than many draft analysts have thanks to years’ worth of studying common Big Sky Conference opponents.

If Adams were the one putting together quarterback rankings, he’d put himself second, behind only Wentz, because he believes the pro-style offense Wentz ran at North Dakota State makes Wentz the most pro-ready quarterback in this class.

Seems that there are no shortage of opinions, though this one has weight.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
None of those. At least independently.

The single most important skill........

IMO the players who are considered the best QB's all have one thing in common.

They can accurately deliver the ball to their guys. WR's, TE's, RB's.

That's the magic that makes a QB valuable.

And if we look at the best QB's playing over time, meaning a few decades and under different rules, there are a lot of different styles of play but there is only ONE common denominator.

They can throw the ball into the hands of pass catchers.

That's WAY more important than anything in this poll.
Always the rebel.