What QB trait do you covet the most? (poll)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Your single most important QB trait is...

• Total voters

Sportsed

Pro Bowler
I voted for the 4th, but I must insert both consistently and successfully. From a leadership standpoint-----especially in a team sport----when the other 10 players believe that the qb can, and will, put them in the best position to accomplish their assignment, they will believe in him as their leader. That confidence that they get from the "coach on the field" is invaluable; knowing that executing their assignment will lead to a successful play. Thus the qb who's exceptional with this trait, brings 11 guys into one confident offensive unit.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
I went for option #4

The ability to line up everyone correctly to get the right match up, should get you points. Points win, no? :thinking::yess:

Knowing where the receiving options down field is all good and dandy, but if the protection (OL/RB/TE) isn't in the correct spot the QB is going to get David Carr'd, no? :hiding:

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I am with the majority on this!! But to Draw a better picture of what I want, let me put it this way .. I want a QB that ..
* Scrambles Like Fran Tarkington
* Throws Like Kurt Warner
* Has the Brains of Peyton Manning
* AND LOOKS LIKE ROMAN GABRIEL!!:D:hiding:
(I also wish I could have gone all of the above!!)

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
I am with the majority on this!! But to Draw a better picture of what I want, let me put it this way .. I want a QB that ..
* Scrambles Like Fran Tarkington
* Throws Like Kurt Warner
* Has the Brains of Peyton Manning
* AND LOOKS LIKE ROMAN GABRIEL!!:D:hiding:
(I also wish I could have gone all of the above!!)

I call bullSh!t on your last point!!!! Gotta have the looks like Broadway Joe. He wheeled a few hotties in his day

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I went with #4.

Difference between us and Denver wasn't that their D was so much better than ours. It wasn't. Our O gave the opponents too many chances.

What distinguished Manning his last year wasn't his passing which was truly abysmal, but his mastery of the offense and ability to execute enough to keep the offense on the field.

Often, we had both poor QB play and a lack af field generalship. How many times was it clear that Denver was audibles out of a play and then made a crucial 3rd down, again, even as Manning played like balls. Now how often did this happen for the Rams?

I think that OC on the field is really powerful stuff.

Name
Chris
I can't vote just one, they are all important, I would add quick release, sensing pressure, accuracy and probably the most important which I don't see referenced very often in this forum which is throwing to a spot. Got to watch Goff throw for Dallas a few weekends ago an it was really amazing to see the ball out a second or so nefotre the receiver made a cut. Whats amazing is when they throw to a spot before the cut and place it in the best place for a reciver to make the catch. Dooley was telling Goff how the db was playing the receiver and Goff had to put the ball where the db couldn't get it. The accuracy of these guys is amazing, Goff was throwing across the field to Davis on comebacks and the ball was out around a second before Davis took his first plant step.

The reason I can't vote for just one is without all you basically have a backup.

Hey Man

Starter
Name
Hey Man
I picked knows were his receivers are and throws the guy open.Timing passes, quick releases, hitting the guy on the run. Knowing were his guys are blind folded.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Knowing where his receivers are at all times and throwing only where they can get it trumps all the others imo. The rest is gravy.

Ditto.

Vernon Adams (former Oregon Duck): Draft me before every QB except Carson Wentz.--USA Today 24, April 2016.

He’s seen other quarterbacks in this draft class up close, in Pac-12 games against Jared Goff of Cal, and Cody Kessler of USC and Kevin Hogan of Stanford – Adams’ Ducks won each of those games, he’ll point out – and watched more North Dakota State film of Carson Wentz than many draft analysts have thanks to years’ worth of studying common Big Sky Conference opponents.

If Adams were the one putting together quarterback rankings, he’d put himself second, behind only Wentz, because he believes the pro-style offense Wentz ran at North Dakota State makes Wentz the most pro-ready quarterback in this class.

Seems that there are no shortage of opinions, though this one has weight.

Why is this the one that has weight?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I went for option #4

The ability to line up everyone correctly to get the right match up, should get you points. Points win, no? :thinking::yess:

Knowing where the receiving options down field is all good and dandy, but if the protection (OL/RB/TE) isn't in the correct spot the QB is going to get David Carr'd, no? :hiding:

Not going to get you points if the QB can't throw the ball accurately or read the defense post-snap.

Trying to pick one choice is tough because QB success is dependent on the entire skill-set. But of the choices we have, the second option has the best combination of the most important traits. It includes accuracy, anticipation, mental processing speed, and the ability to read the defense post-snap.

FrankenRam

Starter
The functioning of the stuff between his ears is the single most important trait, IMO. But since that wasn't an option, I chose the one that best reflects it....Able to call his own protections and change plays at the line of scrimmage.

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Knows where his receivers will be at all times, throws open--------

well with this gang that Rams fans call the receiving corps, just because the QB knows where the receiver will be , doesnt mean said receiver will actually ever get there.

FloridaBison

Dreamin of the back 9
Name
floridabison
Ditto.

Why is this the one that has weight?
IMO, As a quarterback, Vernon Adams understands the demands of the position better than most. He points to one skill set Wentz has that no other has.

Experience and immediate comfort in a Pro Style offense.

---keep in mind Adams wants to get drafted, but he certainly does have a unique perspective on Wentz because he studied NDSU/Wentz while at Eastern Washington.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I wanted to pick, "You don't play for the Cleveland Browns"
But I didn't see that option....

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I call bullSh!t on your last point!!!! Gotta have the looks like Broadway Joe. He wheeled a few hotties in his day

Ain't right.jpg

You must be at least as Drunk as Namath was if you think he's better looking than Roman was!!:LOL: :yess: That said, I'd like to "Kiss Suzy Too!"

drunk-smiley-emoticon.gif

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
This poll is a real hard one for me.... but what came to my mind was something that Sam Bradford was totally absent off.....Pocket Awareness.....with the pass rush coming from every direction from all 11 positions...... todays QB's must have an abundance of this particular skill in his backpack!

Ram65

Legend
Knows where his receivers will be at all times, throws open
60 votes
62.5%

Smarts and ball placement all in one vote.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
It's the ability to extend plays and throw well on the run for me.

Why would I want a QB who can't do this???

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Accuracy and the arm to get it there, everything else takes care of itself. Kurt Warner was deadly accurate and by accounts so is Jared Goff...Let's all pray Rams get this pick right and according to @jrry32 and many others when they select Jared Thomas Goff they will!