What Jaguars Fans Are Saying Before And After The Game

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Our offense is much better than theirs.

But their defense has played a few games this year that have been just nasty. Our pass pro has been phenomenal, even against Seattle. For as good as the Jaguars have played, I don't think their pass coverage is as good as Seattle's. Their defense literally won them games against the Texans and Steelers. Tried to against the Jets.

This team has played well on the road, and it's a 4pm ET kick off - thank you NFL!

If the Rams limit turnovers, I think we win. We can't let the Jags defense win this game for their offense.

If I close my eyes, I have trouble seeing Jacksonville completing passes against our defense....ultimately I think we win.

The Ramowl

Starter
I see it as a 50/50 game at this point. Both teams have shown quality on both sides of the ball (advantage to their defense, advantage to our offense) but have also shown inconsistency.
We come off a sobering loss and I expect us to play very seriously whereas the Jags come off a win over what might be an overrated Steelers team (time will tell, but they have issues). This could play in our favor.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm just not enjoying these as I should...still too soon after Sunday...

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I'm just not enjoying these as I should...still too soon after Sunday...
Snap out of it.

tenor.gif

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Jags are one of the very few teams I have never had any ill will toward and wanted to see them do good. They have good fans who are pretty similar to our own. Both our teams have been bad for a very long time, and many of us are hesitant to buy in completely. Hope for a good close game with no injuries.

What Rams need to do on offense: Run well, have decent passing game, limit turnovers.
What Rams need to do on Defense: Stop the run, force Bortles into making mistakes.

*hell, both teams need to do same thing basically. I think Rams win just because we have the better QB and WR corp. Jags defense better by far so thats worrisome. I think it will be close and hopefully Rams come up on top. Jags defense and run game will be key factor.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
https://www.bigcatcountry.com/2017/10/10/16452484/nfl-odds-week-6-jaguars-rams

Jaguars home favorites against Rams
by Alfie Crow

usa_today_10335363.0.jpg

Charles LeClaire-USA TODAY Sports

The Jacksonville Jaguars are coming off a 30-9 road win against the Pittsburgh Steelers that was an interception bonanza, for Ben Roethlisberger. The team returns to EverBank Field for the first time since Week 2, but they return home betting favorites against the Los Angeles Rams.

The Jaguars opened the week as 2.5 point favorites on the Rams, but I’m not sure how I really expect the line to move, because it’s hard to guess what you’re going to get from the Jaguars week to week. If it stays on trend... it’s the week for the team to lose.

Really, I think a lot of it for the Jaguars depends on turnovers. In all of the team’s wins they’ve won the turnover battle by a significant margin. In the ones they’ve lost? It’s been even or they’ve lost the battle.

Simply put; The Jaguars success week to week relies a lot on how many times the offense turns the ball over.
--------
Nooooo!
Its a off week and we are favored to win, I feel the L coming worse now
-------
The Jaguars have given up 1 Td in the first half in 5 games.
--------
We Finally Break Through at Home
Going out on Limb here … Fournette will go for 135 rushing and 2 td’s, Ivory will go for 78 rushing and 1 td. Calais and Ngakoue will get 2 sacks each, Ramsey and Church get 1 INT each and the Jaguars surprise everyone by actually winning at home against the Upstart L.A. Rams … Just like KFC " Gotta Love It " !!!

Jaguars 30
Rams 20
-------
Going to have to produce offensively
Gurley is a beast, sure with a bad game against the Hawks, but still. That secondary shouldn’t have too much trouble with Goff.
--------
We need to force turnovers.
Rams turned the ball over 5 times (2 ints 3FR) and gave Seattle the win.
-----------
They have a good team
Goff looks solid. But there defense is dangerous especially with Donald back and causing havoc. Can we contain Gurley and limit Goff? Another exciting game for Jags nation!
-------
If we can't stop the run we're toast
And Meyers is typically missing at least one per game so goodbye home field advantage. I think to stop the run we need to rely on our world class corners and hold the line with everything we got.
-------
And run, Leonard run
Win time of possession, takeaways and special teams and minimum f***ups from Meyers and we’re golden.
----------
So, Vegas is basically predicting a Rams win?
(since home field advantage is generally worth 3 points in betting)
---------
If you stop Gurley, you stop the Rams.
Their leading rusher: Gurley. Their second-leading receiver: Gurley.

Dude has accounted for 7 of the Rams’ 15 touchdowns this season.
--------
https://www.bigcatcountry.com/2017/...on-of-the-2017-jaguars-will-show-up-in-week-6

Which version of the 2017 Jaguars will show up in Week 6?
This team doesn’t make any sense
by Ryan O'Bleness

The Jacksonville Jaguars are 3-2. This team only won three games in all of 2016. Something has clearly changed since then, whether it be coaching, new player additions, a new attitude or all of the above. But the one thing the Jags still don’t have is consistency.

Now, no big deal, but yours truly was the only one on the BCC staff to correctly predict a Jacksonville win against the Pittsburgh Steelers this past Sunday. But I’ll be honest, the reason I chose the Jaguars to win was not because I had a lot of faith, but more so because it was an odd-numbered week, the team was coming off of a bad loss and the Jaguars were expected to loss handily. That seems to be this team’s mantra — show up when everyone expects you to get dominated and lose the games they’re expected to win.

I just can’t figure this team out. In three wins the Jags have outscored opponents 103 to 23 and out-gained opponents 1,021 yards to 760 yards. In all of those games the Jaguars were an underdog, away from EverBank Field and really not given a chance by the majority of fans and media to pull off a win, yet blew out each foe.

In Jacksonville’s two losses, the team was outscored 59 to 46 and out-gained 861 yards to 621 yards. While Jacksonville was a slight underdog to the Tennessee Titans in Week 2, it was favored against the New York Jets in Week 4. Both losses came in even-numbered weeks. The Jaguars made bone-headed penalties and bad turnovers in those losses, and looked like a completely different team compared to the games they won.

In the great words of Michael Scott:

giphy.gif

I’m not sure I believe in this whole odd-numbered week thing, yet, but it is an interesting pattern to start the season. This week, the Jags open as a favorite against a (good) Los Angeles Rams team. It’s an even week and the game is at home. Well, the Jaguars are 0-1 at the Bank, 0-1 as a favorite and 0-2 in even-numbered weeks.

When trying to analyze which version of the 2017 Jaguars will show up this week, I think signs are pointing toward the bad version. If the Jaguars continue this pattern of inconsistency, the team that we saw in Weeks 2 and 4 is in line to make an appearance this week.

This Rams team has been surprising this year with Jared Goff coming into his own and Todd Gurley looking like, or perhaps even better than, his 2015 self. I’ll tell you this much — L.A. is a much better team than the New York Jets. The Rams also enter the contest at 3-2.

Nobody would have predicted this in the preseason, but this is actually an interesting matchup. The Rams rank second in the NFL in points per game with 30.4, fifth in total yards per game at 390.8 and fifth in passing yards per game at 280. The Jaguars defense ranks first in sacks (20), first in interceptions (10), 2nd in points allowed per game (16.6) and third in passing yards allowed per game (177.8).

With that said, the Jaguars offense ranks highly in areas as well. After Leonard Fournette’s big performance, the Jags are No. 1 in rushing offense and fifth in points scored per game. However, as a whole, Jacksonville ranks just 22nd in total yards per game and dead last in passing yards per game.

So, this game will come down to Jacksonville’s elite defense versus L.A.’s potent offense. The problem with that is that the defense can only hold for so long. We saw this in Week 2 when the defense broke down in the second half and the Jaguars offense couldn’t get anything going. Without any semblance of a passing attack, the Jaguars are going have to get an early lead and then win it with defense and running the football, or else it could get ugly.

My expectations are lowered for this week because the Jaguars are experts at breaking our (the fans’) hearts. Based off of all of this information, I think we may be see the less mighty version of the Jags in Week 6 — but I sure hope I am wrong.

Which Jaguars team will show up this week?
--------
I’m going on the record to say that I fully expect the Rams to boat-race us, 32-13 or something.
I’ll be in attendance at the Bank so I’d really like to be proven wrong.
---------
Man I dont want to believe it
but its a off week now and til we win in a row I will just have to assume its going to be W-L-W-L til the end of the season
--------
We will win
We will force them to pass. And when we do. Its over.
--------
LA has the worst run defense
If we cant run the ball down their throats, our running game is broke. I think it comes down to winning on defense and running the ball successfully.

Realistically – Rams 27 – Jags 10
--------
They're only as good as their last game
To me, anyway. When they lost to the Titans, I expected them to lose to the Ravens. When they beat the Ravens, I expected them to whip the Jets. When they lost to the Jets, I was certain they’d lose to the Steelers. And since they whipped the Steelers on Sunday, I fully expect them to beat the Rams this weekend.

All of which means nothing, of course, unless you expect me to make a prediction based on their W-L pattern. Honestly, the game comes down to making the Rams one-dimensional. They have to minimize Gurley’s effect on the game like they did with Le’Veon Bell and play smashmouth football on offense, heavy and relentless doses of Fournette and Ivory.

If the Jags can do that, maybe force a couple turnovers early, I think they take this one, something like 23-16. If they don’t, well… I think the Titans showed us what happens when the opposing team executes their game plan better than the Jags.

Who knows. I guess we’ll just have to wait and see which team shows up on Sunday. Hopefully it’s the team everyone’s calling ‘legit playoff contenders’ because the Rams aren’t slouching around when it comes to this football thing.
---------
Gotta break the rollercoaster sometime.. lets hope its this week.
This team wants 2 in a row. They want to win at home. Fournette is an angry man.

As long as we don’t get blown out, i’ll be happy. We’re at the top of the division no matter what. The Rams are a good team, losing to them will not sting as bad as losing to the Jets. We have the easiest schedule remaining in the NFL. We have 3 wins and 8 or 9 will likely take this division. Bortles could surprise us any week with a good performance.
--------
With the QB we have i don't think we will see consistency this year
There will be more more weeks 1, 3 and 5 and more weeks 2 and 4.
--------
Jared Goff and company
Have 13 fumbles already and he has thrown three int, so there’s a chance we can win the TO battle, as long as we keep the pressure on Goff and force a few fumbles we will win.
---------
It's hot in Florida
If the jaguars for some reason decide to wear those black jersey, it’s going to be a long day. The defense can over come a bortles retard mistake in 60 degrees weather but not in mid 80s with all black on. same thing happened with Tennessee.
---------
We will get good Jaguars
I feel like they found their flow. Calling a win

Sappy113

Rookie
This is a fun match-up, as fans of both teams aren't really sure if their team is actually on the road to being good, and sure as hell aren't sure which version of their team will show up.

Both teams will focus squarely on stopping the other teams running game. They have a better defensive backfield, but we have the better QB and WR's. Gonna be a close one.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
JAX has given up 83 points in 5 games. They are 3-2 with one the the NFL's shittiest QBs. 49 points is a bit ambitious!

But I hope you are right!
Keep one other thing in mind. 60 of those 83 points were given up in games they Lost! IF the Titans can put up 37 points on the Jag's, I think we can do a 40 Burger!!

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Keep one other thing in mind. 60 of those 83 points were given up in games they Lost! IF the Titans can put up 37 points on the Jag's, I think we can do a 40 Burger!!

I'd love to see a 40-burger! One thing for sure I want to see is some red zone improvement.

fearsomefour

Legend
I'd love to see a 40-burger! One thing for sure I want to see is some red zone improvement.
For sure could be the kind of game where a 5 minute slogging drive ends in a FG.
They have given up so few points in the first half this year. Some early success or failure may be telling. Gotta get the ball out and not have Goff hold it.

Afro Ram

Pro Bowler
This is going to prove to be an interesting match up.
I think the one thing being over looked is the Rams were on a two game win streak before losing to Seattle. There was all sorts of playoff talks and bandwagon fans calling this team a superbowl team (on Facebook.) I think the Rams are going to be extra motivated coming into this Jaguar game looking to redeem themselves.
The Jaguars should be feeling confident after stomping Pittsburg, but I see our offense getting back on track and pulling out the win.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Turnover ratio wins this football game, they love to run and Rams need to run as well both defenses should play strong and hopefully when the dust settles Rams make more plays.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They seem like a level headed group but it's always funny the misconceptions or the just plan wrong stats they spout. Sorry no the Rams are not the worst run defense either in YPG or YPC. They talk about stopping Gurley and they stop us because he has 7 of our 17 TD. Well Fournette is no different with 6 of their 16 TD. Honestly this is going to be a tough game and I'm looking forward to it. Two good defenses they have an edge there. I think we have an edge in offense in special teams though but our young team being on the road after a tough division loss this really is to me a toss up.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
The October 31st trade deadline is looming. Should the Jaguars take the plunge and try to better themselves at the QB position?
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/10/11/should-the-jaguars-make-a-play-for-eli-manning/

Should the Jaguars make a play for Eli Manning?
Posted by Mike Florio on October 11, 2017

452947959-e1507728601769.jpg

Getty Images

Eli Manning and Tom Coughlin had a tears-of-sadness departure after the 2015 season. How about a tears-of-joy reunion?

With the trade deadline looming and the teams with forks stuck in them able to flip current assets for future value, the New York team that wasn’t expected to be tanking could, in theory, go in to full-blown tank mode and dump its starting quarterback, who seems to be getting close to the end of the line.

The Jaguars clearly aren’t thrilled with their starting quarterback, as evidenced by a game plan that entailed asking him to do what quarterbacks typically do as little as possible. Given the upgrades to this up-and-coming team, could Eli be intrigued by finishing his career in the division where his brother’s once dominated?

It’s an idea that was floated earlier this week by Daniel Jeremiah of NFL Network, and it makes a ton of sense for everyone involved. The Giants are done this year, they may be done with Eli for good, and they could flip him now for some future draft assets that will help the Giants improve.

The cap consequences wouldn’t be insignificant, with a $12.4 million charge next year and another eight-figure charge hitting the books immediately. But the Giants would avoid the balance of his $10.5 million salary this year and $17 million in compensation for next season.

If the Giants can’t or won’t move Monopoly money around to accommodate a trade in 2017 (and it remains fairly easy to create cap room), the possibility of a deal being done lingers for 2018. It would have to happen before the third day of the league year, when Eli is due to receive a $5 million roster bonus. But the cap hit would be easier to handle at $12.4 million, and the Giants could clear the deck and plan for a future with a new quarterback.

Whether that’s Davis Webb or a first-round rookie remains to be seen. Regardless, the Giants don’t need to see much more to know that it’s time to move on from Manning and regard the future as the present.
---------
You mean replace one interception machine with another?

No, they absolutely should not even be thinking in that direction.
---------
YES … the Jags are a QB short of a serious playoff run. Eli isn’t elite anymore. But he’s still a real franchise QB. It’s a perfect fit.
----------
Jacoby Brissett might be the better option. Eli hasn’t been very good over the last few years with one of the best receiving corps in the league. Brissett has proven he can be pretty capable at a much more affordable price tag. Once Luck is back he’s expendable. Or there’s also the option of going big and convincing the Colts that Brissett is a better option for them to hold onto while offering up a couple firsts for Luck.
----------
Absolutely not. I’m not sure he’s an upgrade over Bortles. Plus, as they have shown, that defense can win games. Why give up future draft picks for someone who is on the downside of his career. On top of that, he has had several blunders where he personally gave the game away to his opponents. How would that be an upgrade over Bortles? They can get a QB in the draft. If they trade for Eli that will be the biggest mistake since the Herschel Walker deal.
--------------------
https://www.duvalpride.com/showthread.php?tid=23608

Trade for Eli?

I wouldn't waste a draft choice unless it was something really, really, low.

Have you seen him play this year? He's on his last legs.
----------
I would do it for a 3, we have too good a team to waste on a bad QB, i'm not a huge Eli fan but he can slang it and he is a Vet QB that won two super bowls
--------
Absolutely would never do this in a million years right now. Just let Bortles finish out the season and we draft a new QB.
----------
A vet that can beat a stacked box. Eli throwing to Westbrook, Hurns, Lee, Strong and O’Shaunasse (sp) could be deadly.

He would basically only throw maybe 25-35 times a game and give you the accuracy and ball placement when you need it in the passing game.
--------
I'd probably do it for a 3rd. I would love to see Fournette go up against a defense that wasn't stacked.
--------
We already have a QB who is capable of 4-5 int's a game. Don't need another..
---------
https://www.duvalpride.com/showthread.php?tid=23604

Everbank Needs to Roar Sunday!

Folks, we are coming home 3-2 and in sole possession of first place in our division. No hurricanes, no excuses for us not to be rocking and rolling this Sunday. We need to pack the house and give the Jags our full support. Tickets can be scalped for 20 bucks and food can be brought in, so it should be swingable on any budget. I expect a full house and a home victory
---------
Team needs to preform well, then you’ll hear a roar
----------
One good thing for us is Rams fans are not known for traveling to the East Coast.
---------
Good point. Here are their east coast games as of late...

Dec 4, 2016 - Rams 10, Patriots 26
Nov 13, 2016 - Rams 9, Jets 6
Sep 25, 2016 - Rams 37, Bucs 32
Nov 22, 2015 - Rams 13, Ravens 16
Sep 20, 2015 - Rams 10, Redskins 24

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
One good thing for us is Rams fans are not known for traveling to the East Coast.
---------
Good point. Here are their east coast games as of late...

Dec 4, 2016 - Rams 10, Patriots 26
Nov 13, 2016 - Rams 9, Jets 6
Sep 25, 2016 - Rams 37, Bucs 32
Nov 22, 2015 - Rams 13, Ravens 16
Sep 20, 2015 - Rams 10, Redskins 24
Yep! Knit-Pick the stats! The Rams are 2-0 on the Road this year under our New HC & Company!!:neener:

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
So far this season this is the quietest bunch of fans I've come across. Not much to post so far.
******************************************************************************************
http://prod.www.jaguars.clubs.nfl.c...-Jaguars/8d451889-bfaf-4bd6-a1b8-8b1c5dad5a77

Sexton-Oehser keys: Rams-Jaguars
Senior writer John Oehser and senior correspondent Brian Sexton break down three Jaguars keys for Sunday’s game against the Los Angeles Rams at EverBank Field in Jacksonville

Oehser …

1. Leonard Fournette, Jaguars running game. It doesn’t take an insider to know this, but the Jaguars’ offense goes as Fournette and the running game go. The Jaguars lead the NFL in rushing, and they rushed on 37 of 53 offensive plays in a victory at Pittsburgh Sunday. They also rushed on 18 consecutive second-half plays.

While those numbers are unlikely on a weekly basis, the Jaguars likely won’t abandon the approach. Fournette has rushed for 466 yards and five touchdowns, and has scored in all five games. The Jaguars’ concern Sunday: the Rams are a more talented defense than their 27th-ranking against the run indicates, and defensive tackle Aaron Donald is one of the NFL’s best at his position.

2. First-half defense. A lot of positive threads have run through the Jaguars’ 3-2 start. Oft-overlooked has been the defense’s ability to not only keep games close, but to create first-half leads. The Jaguars’ defense this season has allowed one first-half touchdown – a 75-yard run on which defenders failed to touch Jets running back Bilal Powell down. Aside from that, the Jaguars have allowed five first-half field goals.

The Jaguars have forced five first-half turnovers this season, but while the defense has created most of its chaos in the second half (10 takeaways, seven sacks), first-half performances have kept the Jaguars in games enough to create second-half opportunities. The Jaguars have trailed at halftime once this season – 6-3 to Tennessee in Week 2. They were tied with the New York Jets, 10-10, in Week 4 and led in all three of their victories – 19-0 at Houston, 23-0 over Baltimore and 7-6 at Pittsburgh.

3. Slowing Todd Gurley. When the Jaguars’ defense has struggled this season, it has been against the run. They rank 31st in the NFL in the area, and Rams running back Todd Gurley can exploit the defense as the Jets did in Week 4 – and as Titans running backs DeMarco Murray and Derrick Henry did in Week 2.

Gurley has rushed for 405 yards and five touchdowns on 100 carries, but the Colts held him to 40 yards on 19 carries in Week 1 and he rushed for 43 yards on 14 carries against Seattle Sunday. Stopping Gurley is key; that would enable the Jaguars to rush the passer, which has been their formula for an NFL-best 20 sacks and 15 takeaways. The Rams have allowed six sacks in five games, but their 10 giveaways – three interceptions, seven lost fumbles – are the fourth most in the NFL.

Sexton …

1. The interior of the Jaguars’ offensive line. Donald is a baaaad man. The Rams defensive tackle looks like an all-time great – and this is only his third NFL season. He’s incredibly quick and powerfully disruptive – and if the guards and center aren’t on their game, he’s prone to wreck the offensive line from the very first snap.

You would like to have your starting center and the best offensive lineman on your team, Brandon Linder, back in the lineup this week to help neutralize Donald. However, backup center Tyler Shatley played very well in Pittsburgh Sunday for an offensive line that gouged the Steelers in the fourth quarter with 18 rushing attempts, many of them greater than 10 yards and most of them moving the chains and eating the clock.

No matter who plays in the middle, the impact of Donald on the Jags’ running game will go a long way toward telling the story of the game.

2. Jalen Ramsey and the best secondary in football. Those are his words, and those of his teammates last weekend in Pittsburgh. Who can dispute them? Ramsey, the Jaguars’ second-year cornerback, in 21 games has evolved into the NFL’s best cornerback and his impact goes far beyond whomever he is covering.

He tilts the field the other direction, because average quarterbacks won’t throw anywhere near him; even the great ones – ask Ben Roethlisberger – are hesitant. It’s difficult to see their ceiling because Ramsey is still so young and fellow corner A.J. Bouye isn’t exactly long in the tooth; they’ve played just five games together.

Mix in a safety tandem that has four interceptions between them and the Jaguars’ secondary has eight this season – and more, many more to come. On Sunday they get a hot young quarterback (Jared Goff) with a trio of explosive receivers led by Sammy Watkins, who got behind Ramsey for a 62-yard completion in Buffalo last November.

Rookie wide receiver Cooper Kupp also already has made a name for himself in five games. Consistency has been the buzzword in the Jaguars’ locker room; this week they need their secondary to stay at the top of their game.

3. The Jaguars receivers’ ability to make plays. They didn’t have to last week in Pittsburgh, but when they were needed late in a Week 4 loss to the New York Jets, the Jaguars’ receivers were absent. Arrelious Benn was hit for a holding penalty on what should have been Fournette’s game-winning touchdown and Marqise Lee dropped a pass that would have set up a game-winning overtime field goal.

It is highly likely the Rams will put the vast majority of their defensive resources near the line to avoid having their 27th-ranked run defense embarrassed as badly as the Steelers 28th-ranked unit was by Fournette. That means Lee, Allen Hurns and whoever else is on the field must take advantage of their shots when the ball comes their way.

Jaguars quarterback Blake Bortles made a couple of game-winning plays in New York, but his receivers didn’t help him. He’s going to need to take a couple shots against Los Angeles this week; those guys better step up big.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Jags fans remind me of Rams fans. Both teams are doing good so far but past history makes it hard to go all in. We're cautiously optimistic. Years of beat downs have jaded us. Is this finally the breakout year for both teams? Who knows?