What Jaguars Fans Are Saying Before And After The Game

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Dude has to face Donald. Sure to Shat his pants.
I had heard earlier today that there starting center was "Out". I didn't have much confidence he would be able to stop Donald and Company. I have even less confidence in there "Back-Up Center"!! A Fun Time will be had by our D-Line!!(y)(y):yess:

fearsomefour

Legend
Rams are 4th highest in giveaways right now with 10. Only the Browns Bears and Bengals are higher.
Having a potent offense DOESN'T mean that it comes with a higher chance of ball security issues either.
Not buying it.
Mike Martz disagrees....

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
That headline made me think he wanted to punch his own offense in the mouth. No, coach, the Rams' D will do that for you. :sneaky:
***********************************************************************************
https://www.bigcatcountry.com/2017/...ars-offense-i-want-to-punch-them-in-the-mouth

Doug Marrone on the Jaguars offense: ‘I want to punch them in the mouth’
by Ryan Day

usa_today_10334966.0.jpg

Charles LeClaire-USA TODAY Sports

Jacksonville Jaguars head coach Doug Marrone was recently on The Meatlocker Podcast hosted by Ron Jaworski, Brian Baldinger, and Anthony Gargano and asked about a number of things — Leonard Fournette, Blake Bortles, his philosophy on offense, and more — and while most of what he said isn’t much of a surprise to any of us it’s still interesting to see that Marrone is unapologetic about the imbalance of the run vs. pass and how confident he is in his rookie running back.

“I want to punch them in the mouth and run the football. The greatest feeling is when you run the ball down someone’s throat. One time I asked a Pro Bowler why do you continue to play? He answered because the greatest part of this game is to compete against someone and break their will ...

We are going to design things throughout the week and expect Blake to make the plays based on that preparation. Blake doesn't have to make every single play and force everything. We have guys around here who can take pressure off him.”

And when asked about Fournette, the Jaguars head coach couldn’t be more complimentary:

“I talked to a lot of people and have a good relationship with Coach Wilson who recruited him at LSU. I saw someone who was a hard worker and was physical. Fournette loves football and there is a confidence about him and a drive to win. Football is fun for him. He catches the ball better then advertised. There is nothing we have asked of him where he has shown that he can't produce.”
----------
https://www.duvalpride.com/showthread.php?tid=23664

Jaguars offensive line ranked No. 18 in the league by PFF

lol, discuss.

http://jaguarswire.usatoday.com/2017/10/...y-pff/amp/

Coming into the regular season, Pro Football Focus ranked the Jacksonville Jaguars’ offensive line as the No. 13 unit in the league. However, in the updated grades released a few days ago, it appears that unit has regressed as they came in at the No. 18 spot with an average offensive lineman grade of 59.2.

Even though Jacksonville‘s offensive line has allowed just two sacks – tied for the fewest in the NFL – they have surrendered 39 total pressures, including 10 quarterback hits. In fact, the 10 hits are tied for the seventh-most in the NFL and the Jaguars have a pass-blocking efficiency rating of 80.3, which is the ninth-highest in the league.

With the exception of injured center Brandon Linder, the Jaguars offensive linemen have not been playing well overall as they have struggled in pass protection and run-blocking. Although the Jaguars ran the most inside zone runs with 75 through the first five weeks, they average just 1.48 yards before contact on these runs, which is only 18th in the NFL.

With Aaron Donald and Michael Brockers coming into town Sunday, the Jags offensive line will need to be at their best — if they aren’t, the home crowd could be in for a long game.
----------
Considering many of us were expecting nothing short of a disaster for our O-Line before the season started, it definitely seems odd that they would be ranked lower now after greatly exceeding expectations so far.
------
Doesn't hurt my feelings at all. Still about right if you ask me. We're maybe middle of the pack offensively. And if 18th is giving us less than 10 sacks on the year, some decent runs here and there and it's helped to a 3 - 2 record. I'll take it. A lot of folks like to nitpick with these results and rankings. I bet 9 times out of 10 you're really, really splitting hairs with the entire NFL by maybe a few points or half a point here and there.

Is it really a HUGE talent gap for the teams ranked outside of the top ten? I doubt it. Probably comes down to more pass attempts for the other teams and more running lanes opened up, etc. Because in fairness outside of a handful of big gains on the ground it's mostly been Fournette and Ivory making defenders miss or them breaking away from them on high effort gains instead of huge lanes.

And Bortles hasn't thrown the football NEARLY enough to merit much scrutiny and evaluation in the pass protection department.
----------
While there analysis of everything might be questionable, there is one thing that i think they are right on

We had issues with the jets because there Interior Dline was strong which forces bortles to get the batted passes. I think if they dont improve from the jets game we might be in for another long game against A donald

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
https://www.bigcatcountry.com/2017/...-score-27-17-special-teams-mistakes-doom-team

Jaguars lose 27-17 to Rams as special teams mistakes doom team

They travel to Indianapolis next weekend in an important division game against the Colts.

Hey, at least next week is an odd week right?
---------
The Even Week Curse is real
So next week expect us to win by 3 TDs
-------
Nah, it's just this pass offense
Can’t do much about it. If it is close, chances are higher we will lose.

Special teams were terrible in this game, but Blake had all day with the game close.

Onto the next one.
-------
Blake has Checkdown Syndrome
Hurns was single covered deep all day because the Rams knew Bortles wouldn’t dare test them deep. That’s a real issue.
------
Mobility is a joke
He never keeps it on the read option
------
The Rams had 10 points before they even had a first down; the Jags really put the special in special teams today.
--------
Special teams blunders along with Blake being as capable of on infant to throw and Myers kicking like shit.
How many times had a missed Myers kick cost us a game this year
------
they have to trade for Eli if it is reasonable
--------
QB and kicker.
It’s an indictment that as bad as the special teams were, we still had a reasonable chance at winning this game. Simply put, the passing game and Myers made it impossible. Blake is a downhill skier, great when shit goes his way but incapable of leading a winning drive when needed. He’s done it once that I can remember. Pitiful.
------
Poor special teams play was the reason we lost this one...

But the Jags’ defense gave them opportunity after opportunity to win this game and Bortles just couldn’t capitalize. I don’t know if the outcome of this game is any different with someone else behind center, because special teams really did put them in a hole, but obviously Bortles is completely incapable of rallying a comeback.

The Jags are one of the best teams in the NFL as long as they’re up a couple scores and the defense is pulling the entire team’s weight, but anything more than a one-possession deficit and the game is essentially over, no matter how much time is left.

At this point, there is almost no benefit to having Bortles behind center. He’s inaccurate, he can’t throw the deep ball with any reasonable success, and he seems to lack the ability to scramble and extend plays (which was the argument for having him in there over Henne).

I think we’re stuck with him for the rest of the year (unless the team springs for Kaepernick or something), but it’s time to stop being so high on this team week after week. They’re doomed to mediocrity and inconsistent play until they get someone behind center who can make the plays that need to be made when the game is on the line.

And yeah, a new kicker would be a good investment, too.
--------
Dropped passes. Bad calls. It was an all around shit show at Everbank.
---------
But if we’re assigning pointed blame, your special teams can’t allow a kick return for a TD and a blocked punt for a TD and expect to win the game. I watched Nortman and Myers shank multiple kicks today, and even after all of that, the Jags’ defense gave Bortles multiple opportunities to close the deficit and pull out a win.

Ah well, should have seen it coming, it was an even-numbered week. It’s like this team is so committed to an 8-8 that they’re going to win one, lose one all the way out. We’ll probably win next week’s game 58 to 3.
--------
Grades
Offense D+
Defence B
Special Team F
Coaching C
QB D
RB A-
WR D
OL C+
Pass Defence B+
Run Defense C
--------
Special teams were a disaster.
Nortman, who was phenomenal last week and typically solid, had an awful game. Myers would have been 0-3 on field goals had he not got a second chance due to a Rams penalty. The opening kick return was horrible. Joe DeCamillis has to be pissed.
-------
Both the QB and the PK are liabilities.
The fact that we are at .500 with those problems is astonishing. It could be a lot worse.
------
Tired of bortles, tired of these inconsistent receivers, tired of these predictable play calling, tired of not stopping the run, tired of penalties, tired of losing every other week, tired of missed field goals. I hope they have plans of cutting bortles and myers. ASAP!!!
---------
Bortles still needs to go. I think we've all seen enough. He has no confidence at all right now.
Make a trade. Do something. I went back and watched the Interception. Marcedes Lewis is moving so slow on his route that he appeared to be jogging. He can’t be that slow. I don’t care how old he is.
-------
https://www.duvalpride.com/showthread.php?tid=23696

Another Home Loss: Post Mortem Observations

So let’s count em down shall we?

- Special teams gives up a KO return, a blocked punt and a shanked 16 yard punt at HOME

- Bortles continues to amaze me with his ineptitude: his field goal range INT was the final knife in the back. Then again this isn’t news.

- WHY. IS. MEYERS. STILL ON THIS TEAM. I can only conclude the coaches are one: content with mediocrity. Or two: he has blackmail material on Marrone

- Our run defense. As much as Del Rio had a knack for losing games he should like todays, he almost never had a game where opponents ran all over us.

- This team is not making the playoffs. Forget the weakest schedule remaining crap. There are no more should win games for us. We proved that against the jets and today.

This leads me to the inevitable conclusion that Caldwell has to go next year. He is responsible for Bortles, Myers, and digging his heels in on the quarterback situation.
-------
The Good news is the team doesn't appear set to ruin their shot at drafting a QB. This team could still easily lose ten games with that run defense.
--------
This whole loss is on the special teams. Played good enough in the other 2 phases to win. Myers will definitely be cut.
--------
The problem was Meyers was asked to kick two 54+ yarders, not easy kicks for the great kickers.
-------
Tell that to the Rams kicker. Finding a stable kicker is not rocket science.
---------
We were better than the Rams in 2 of 3 phases today. We put our passing game in a bind with the horrific special teams play today. Can't make a field goal, blocked punt TD, kickoff return TD, shanked punt FG. Just like our last loss we are a much better team than that. If we can win at Indy next week we go into the bye week with sole possession of first place again...
-------
We have a defense and really only a pass defense. It is baffling that we give up so much on the ground. Oh yeah we have a good Online and the RBs are working their buts off. Punter caught the Special Teams Blues today as well.

This team is going nowhere but to empty stadiums.

Bortles is in his 4th year and he can't hit a man in stride? seriously. I guess 3 years of Gus screwed it up really bad and ruined what was already a suspect player. This team can't overcome 10 measly points? Seriously! We put up with a kicker that shanks field goals because he supposedly has a strong leg and he'll overcome it and then he misses constantly?
----------
We have an interesting team.

They really seem to buy into momentum.

We seem to be built to get out in front early and never let off the gas but when we fall behind we don't have the tools to get back in it. A. Rob is missed. Westbrook might be the answer but he is unproven and may pull a Cole on us. On O it feels like QB and a good pass catching TE are needed.

Does anyone else wonder why they seem to only target Hurns 3-4 times a game? Maybe on the all 22 he is covered up but it seems like they keep forcing it to Lee in critical situations and it is getting dropped.
---------
It's easy to say we lost because of Bortles but we lost for for many reasons....special team play was bad, offensive line could not protect or block, defensive line is not that good against the run, LB's forget about protecting the gaps, receivers could not separate, and receivers dropped balls. It was a team loss.
--------
How do we lose to a team that traveled coast to coast, and yet we look like the ones who traveled cross country?
----------
It was the special teams as a whole that cost us the game. The offense outplayed their offense. The defense outplayed their defense.

We do need a huge infusion of talent to our offense. We are very weak at oline, wr, and te.
---------
Fournette was ok after what appeared to be a majory injury. If he misses any major time the season is over.
----------
If I was the Colts, I would shove Frank Gore at us over and over.
----------
This pathetic team is good at one thing. Constantly letting its fans down.
----------
The #Jaguars are 3-0 when the defense scores and 0-3 when defense doesn’t score. That says a lot.
----------
http://prod.www.jaguars.clubs.nfl.c...guars-17/b272a965-5337-493c-8cda-4c46e7861976

JACKSONVILLE – Senior writer John Oehser and senior correspondent Brian Sexton both offer three quick thoughts on the Jaguars’ game against the Los Angeles Rams at EverBank Field Sunday.

Oehser …

1. The Jaguars’ formula wasn’t enough Sunday.
The Jaguars ran well early and played better-than-good defense throughout. That has been the team’s winning formula this season, but the formula on Sunday was offset by an offense that struggled in the final three quarters – and by the special teams struggling as much as a unit can possibly struggle.

We’ll get to special teams in Quick Thought No. 2, but a major issue Sunday was the Jaguars’ inability to make plays passing downfield – something that has been a problem throughout the season. While running back Leonard Fournette was effective early, running for 100 yards in the first quarter, the Rams held Fournette to 30 yards rushing in the final three quarters.

Quarterback Blake Bortles and the passing game accounted for 241 yards and a touchdown, but receivers caught nine passes for 127 yards with a long reception of 21. The offense is one-dimensional right now. That dimension wasn’t enough in a three-point second-half Sunday.

2. This wasn’t what the Jaguars had in mind when they spent the offseason emphasizing special teams. In a game that went back and forth through the first half, special teams kept the Rams very much in it – then they actually gave the Rams a double-digit lead. The Rams scored 17 of their 24 first-half points directly off special teams.

They not only took a 7-0 lead when wide receiver Pharoh Cooper returned the opening kickoff 103 yards for a touchdown, they got point-blank field position at the Jaguars 45 later in the quarter because of a 16-yard punt by Jaguars punter Brad Nortman. That led directly to a 56-yard field goal by Rams kicker Greg Zuerlein and a 10-7 Rams lead at a time midway through the first quarter when the Rams had no first downs.

Rams running back Malcolm Brown then returned a blocked punt six yards for a touchdown and a 24-14 Rams lead late in the second quarter before Jaguars kicker Jason Myers missed from 54 yards to close the half. The Jaguars did a lot more things that led to the Rams victory Sunday, but that sort of special teams play? You can’t have it when your winning formula is grinding out victories with running and defense.

3. Leonard Fournette is turning into a superstar before our eyes. That’s not news, but it should be emphasized that the rookie has started the season in remarkable, historical fashion. He rushed for 130 yards and a touchdown on 21 carries Sunday, including a 75-yard touchdown on the scrimmage play immediately following Cooper’s game-opening touchdown.

Fournette – who sustained a late ankle injury but was cleared medically to return – has scored touchdowns in the first six games of his career; the only other player in NFL history to do so was Patriots running back Robert Edwards in 1998.

But Fournette’s impact goes beyond statistics. He continues to reshape and define the identity of this offense. The Jaguars’ passing game obviously must improve to complement Fournette, but that doesn’t diminish Fournette’s impact.

Sexton ...

1. Jaguars head coach Doug Marrone told us during training camp that he is willing use starters if that’s what it takes to win on special teams. They may have to take dramatic measures this week after giving up a touchdown on the opening kickoff, and after a blocked punt among missed field goals and shanked punts. Joe DeCamillis is recognized as one of the games’ best special teams coaches, and you can be sure he will have sleepless nights this week trying to fix problems that hadn’t yet existed this season.

2. The Jaguars defense held the Rams – who averaged more than 30 points per game – to only 13 and held Jared Goff to just 124 passing yards which should have been enough to win. Todd Gurley hung 116 on them including 8 runs on the drive that ended with the field goal that pushed it to a 10-point lead. They were far from perfect but they contributed sacks, a take-away and solid coverage down the field. When you hold an offense as explosive as Los Angeles to 13 points you expect to win.

3. Losing was tough, but it seemed like a complete disaster when Leonard Fournette went down late in the fourth quarter. I thought it was his knee – good thing I’m not a doctor. It turned out to be his ankle and in the post-game locker room he said he was fine and wanted to go back in.

I’m not sure I can add any adjectives to the rookie whose final run in Pittsburgh was a 90-yard touchdown run and his first touch of Sunday’s game against the Rams was a beautiful 75-yard score.

He’s so good, imagine how much better he can be with a fully functioning passing attack that moves defenders out of the box and off the line of scrimmage. They rely too much on him right now and I’m not sure he can do much more than he has the last two weeks.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
We were better than the Rams in 2 of 3 phases today. We put our passing game in a bind with the horrific special teams play today. Can't make a field goal, blocked punt TD, kickoff return TD, shanked punt FG. Just like our last loss we are a much better team than that. If we can win at Indy next week we go into the bye week with sole possession of first place again...

Lol wut?

It was basically the same team going at one another. I'd say the Rams were slightly better on offense, only b/c of the drops and fumbles. Finish those plays and the offense looks much better. I don't really remember Calais Campbell's name being called much in the second half, either.

The Rams adjusted and shut down Leonard Fournette (who is really a great, old-school player). Did the Jaguars do that to Todd Gurley?

Never change, fans of the internet. Never change.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
He’s so good, imagine how much better he can be with a fully functioning passing attack that moves defenders out of the box and off the line of scrimmage. They rely too much on him right now and I’m not sure he can do much more than he has the last two weeks.

Sounds like Steven Jackson..