What if we sign Richie and Saffold?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
I'd take Richie. Low cost and he has a couple years left in him.
What's he going to do? Get a couple personal fouls and trash talk? Like the Rams didn't have any of those last year....
Also Richie to get back in the league will have to lay for the Vet. minimum and with his age he will be playing at almost no cap cost. Put him and Long together in camp, if it don't work then move on for free.

Last edited:

…..

Legend
Incognito is going to be 31 in July and wasn't even a top twenty guard in his heyday. You do the math, as you Americans like to say.

:sneaky:

I dont know the actual rankings....but I cant agree with this post at all. Incognito is an excellent guard. Top 20? YES- Absolutely. Whats more, he's been reapeadly lauded as a great team mate. 31 years old for an interior lineman isnt exactly old man material either. That said, his "heyday" might actually be right now.

I like Incognito as a player. I like the value he brings. I like the way he plays and I love his nastiness. But if he lost us just ONE game for an unsprtsmanlike on the potential game winning drive....THIS PLACE would have a melt down.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
IDK, man, we've been down this road before...

But then again he'd fit right in with Dahl, Bates, and Armstrong. He would listen to Long, too. He's not a choir boy but our team is known as "dirty" around the NFCW so it's all good.

I'd be in board either way. I'm split 50/50.

I think Saffold is gone.

If we get both that would solidify our OL. Jones can be our C and we can draft a T to develope.

Last edited:

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Are really all that interested in their perceived character flaws or do we want big bad ass football players who can open holes for Zac and protect Sam?? I could give a shit what the media thinks about the whole thing in Miami. Anyone that thinks that situation is not common place is naive, it happens especially with young guys in America who get paid a ton of money to play a game. and as shown when the details started coming out it was give and take between teammates not Richie picking on anyone.

From Rotoworld

Offensive Guards

1. Travelle Wharton already signed with Carolina???
2. Geoff Schwartz
3. Willie Colon
4. Jon Asamoah
5. Chad Rinehart
6. Zane Beadles
7. Brian Waters
8. Richie Incognito
9. Mike Johnson
10. Shawn Lauvao
11. Wade Smith 12. Charlie Johnson
13. Mike Pollak
14. John Jerry
15. Jamon Meredith
16. Chris Williams
17. Eben Britton
18. Geoff Hangartner
19. Kevin Boothe
20. Jeff Linkenbach
21. Paul McQuistan
22. Oniel Cousins
23. Chris Scott
24. Vlad Ducasse
25. Bruce Campbell

The Denver Post believes impending free agent LG Zane Beadles could be in line for a five-year, $25 million contract this offseason.
Beadles graded out as just the No. 51 guard by Pro Football Focus this season, but is considered a strong pass protector and was a Pro Bowler in 2012. He should draw interest from multiple teams if allowed to test the open market.

The Kansas City Star reports there's mutual interest between the Chiefs and impending free agent RG Geoff Schwartz.
Schwartz inked a one-year deal with the Chiefs in March and proceeded to overtake Jon Asamoah for the starting right guard job. Schwartz started eight games in total, including the playoff loss to the Colts, and graded out as a top-eight guard over at Pro Football Focus.

Pro Football Focus

Travelle Wharton33CARUFA20.5851
Geoff Schwartz28KCUFA18.6549
Jon Asamoah26KCUFA7.9673
Shelley Smith27SLUFA7.0371
Richie Incognito31MIAUFA6.8472
Joe Reitz27INDRFA5.1149
Mike Pollak29CINUFA4.9374
Brian Waters37DALUFA2.9336

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Why Cogs? We're trying to get rid of one old guy with problems to get another?