What if Sean Mannion is the QB we have been waiting for?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I watched the kid at the combine before we drafted him and thought he looked really good. I know its not enough to watch a combine performance to decide what a guy is, but our scouts liked what they saw in him for the Rams to draft him. Is Paxton Lynch better than him? I don't think you can infer that Mannion is horrible because we hardly saw him play. We were rolling with Foles and had a guy in Keenum that we traded for as a back up before last season, so I don't think Mannion should be thought of as less than by looking at his lack of playing time. From what I remember, the guy has a pretty good arm with a slower release (he was working on it). WHAT IF he is the franchise QB we have been waiting for......I look forward to his competing with Keenum and Foles in Camp.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yes. Paxton Lynch is a better prospect than he was.

If he's the next franchise QB, he'll win the job.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

*shrugs..I am not so sure. If he is markedly Better, then we should hgo after him (Lynch)

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Fill the QBotF slot like Mannion isn't the guy. Then if he becomes that guy, Rams have a QB surplus. Aka a windfall.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Fill the QBotF slot like Mannion isn't the guy. Then if he becomes that guy, Rams have a QB surplus. Aka a windfall.
But how many QB's will we carry on the roster? Somebody is getting cut if we draft a QB high....probably Foles...if the newest guy is any good at all...

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
I was thinking he was or would contend for it. But when Foles was benched I really thought they would at that point skip Keenum and move on to Mannion in a limited game plan to get his growing pains out of the way and be able to better evaluate his potential, But they didn't. So....

WestCoastRam

Legend
Foles is gone by the 3rd day of the draft. We've paid his bonus. His contract is decent for a backup now. We'll trade him for a pittance (say a 7th rounder, maybe a 6th rounder if we're lucky) but it'll be nice to get something for him.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
So he's not a duel threat? I was under the impression he could run.

Actually, contrary to to popular belief, Bortles is an exceptional runner. However, I would say Lynch is a lot more like Flacco than Bortles.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So he's not a duel threat? I was under the impression he could run.

He's a dual threat like Bortles. Combine numbers won't show it but he's a good athlete that can create plays with his feet and will not hesitate to scramble and throw or take off if he has to. But he typically scrambles to throw rather than to run.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

IMO all three Wentz, Goff and Lynch are better prospects than Mannion.....Nothing against the former Beaver, but IMO the best we can hope for in Sean Mannion is that he becomes a modern day Don Strock.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
I begin to think if Lynch is on the board we should take him. Let him sit a year behind Keenum and draft his stud WR next year with a high pick.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't think I will ever get used to this. Everytime someone calls Rodgers ARod, I think of baseball and wonder why people compare football players to Alex Rodgriquez.

i don't watch that crappy game or even watch any highlights so i have no clue what they call him. i've always known rodgers as arod.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
I don't think I will ever get used to this. Everytime someone calls Rodgers ARod, I think of baseball and wonder why people compare football players to Alex Rodgriquez.

Since when is Rodgers referred to as ARod? I was thinking the same thing you were about ARod the Yankee lol. I have never heard Aaron Rodgers referred to as ARod, I must be getting old lol.