What I would give for o line talent.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Athos

Legend
Assuming the Rams find a LT....lets say Williams clearly turns into the guy. Then I move Robinson to RG and keep Brown at LG. Saffold is let go due to his high salary number and cap room saved. Again, this is under the assumption that a LT that is marked upgrade is found and that Robinson can thrive at G.
I hope no one takes this thread as Robinson bashing....it is not. I think he is improving. He had some shining moments vs Green Bay in the run game. The best case is his pass blocking improves to the point there is no need to have the conversation. He plays with such poor balance in the passing game however, he still looks very rough. I am looking forward to see how much or if he has improved by say, week 14.

This. I'll take an average LT as far as physicality goes if he has the brains for the position and is more steady consistent and doesn't make the mental mistakes. Robinson just seems more suited opposite Brown inside. Gurley would torch teams up the middle.

But we'll see where he is at the end of this season. Gonna be worried and teed off if he still looks dreadful on too many occasions.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Sneed got his toes wet last year using half his draft class on OL, maybe this year he'll go all in. Sorry out of blue ink.
Gotta give them time.

fearsomefour

Legend
The next two opponents have not set the world on fire getting to the QB. The browns two starting OLB have combined for 1/2 a sack. Lynch, has 3 sacks as an OLB for SF, and was causing problems vs. the Giants, Bowman has 1 sack. This means as far as individual match ups there isn't a real powerful rusher going vs. Robinson. Meaning they will need to run stunts and blitzes and other things to get pressure. I would like to see Robinson get a shut out in terms of giving up sacks/big pressure the next two weeks, given the drop off from their main pass rushers.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
I think we have talent, but I'd watch RamzFanz dickpunch himself on YouTube a hundred times to get this collection some experience (without losing games in the process... some sort of Goku-flying-to-Namek training pod experience). I'd even watch the ads before his dickpunch videos.

fastcat

Pro Bowler
So you'd trade away our "D" to get a better O-Line!? that's:poop:(n)(n)(n)(n):headexplosion:
Those guys WERE our D years ago when we were a perinial 3-4 win team. That are not our D NOW. They were the best players on bad teams... on a historically bad D for a few seasons. Now they are arguably the worst players on a good D. In the words of my freshman gym teacher, if you are the best of the worst you are average you get a C. And if you are the worst of the best you get the same thing.... trim the fat cuz honestly they won't be here a year or 2 from now anyways.

Chris long is virtually invisible and jl55 is very slow and is a liability is coverage and tackling for losses. Granted he has been playing good the last 2 weeks.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Granted he has been playing good the last 2 weeks
In the NFL it is always, " What have you done Lately!" I like to look at 3 game blocks ( the previous 3 games) in judging a Teams worth! I don't think we need to tamper with the "D" to make the "O" better!

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Those guys WERE our D years ago when we were a perinial 3-4 win team. That are not our D NOW. They were the best players on bad teams... on a historically bad D for a few seasons. Now they are arguably the worst players on a good D. In the words of my freshman gym teacher, if you are the best of the worst you are average you get a C. And if you are the worst of the best you get the same thing.... trim the fat cuz honestly they won't be here a year or 2 from now anyways.

Chris long is virtually invisible and jl55 is very slow and is a liability is coverage and tackling for losses. Granted he has been playing good the last 2 weeks.

So if this is true, why would another team trade anything worthwhile for them?

Not that I think it's true - JL and Chris Long are important for this defense. But since they're expensive and aging, if they really do suck as some seem to think, the Rams can't really expect anything of value for them in trade.

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
In the NFL it is always, " What have you done Lately!" I like to look at 3 game blocks ( the previous 3 games) in judging a Teams worth! I don't think we need to tamper with the "D" to make the "O" better!

I agree that trading JL55 and Long would be a bit over the top but something has to be done to help the offense. You can't be a run-first offense without a good line and the ability to execute play-action plays.

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
Cook, Mason and a #1 for Calvin Johnson.
Game over in the NFCW :)

Calvin Johnson isn't what he used to be and his body is deteriorating rapidly. He is not worth that kind of value. Roddy White wouldn't be a bad addition and he's certainly not happy at Atlanta right now. I'm more worried about the offensive line than the receivers at this point though.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Calvin Johnson isn't what he used to be and his body is deteriorating rapidly. He is not worth that kind of value. Roddy White wouldn't be a bad addition and he's certainly not happy at Atlanta right now. I'm more worried about the offensive line than the receivers at this point though.
You mean like Fitz in Arizona?
Disagree.

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
You mean like Fitz in Arizona?
Disagree.

You can disagree all you want but his decline in production is all too evident. Watch him on the field too. He is a good player but not the dominant athlete he used to be. Plus the cap hit from taking him would be way too much and he is not a long term solution. Better value can be found elsewhere.

Tailback

Starter
Name
Taco Jones
That scene and the dart gun scene are my favorites from that movie.

You're my boy Blue!

My boy Blue, Quick will shake off the rust and Britt / Quick will terrify secondaries with TA and Bailey eating up YAC and 3rd down conversions, respectively. No worries.

Our evil plan for taking over the NFL is coming together but we need an o-line, a twinkie and a space laser. That's all.

m7wKnXy.gif

DenverRam

Starter
I would trade Cook for Dorial Green Beckham to be honest. Kid is from st. louis and looks good as a Titan. Could possibly become a #1 in a year. Just throw it up in the air and he comes down with it. think he is 6'5. Younger megatron. But his nickname is DGB :)

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
You can disagree all you want but his decline in production is all too evident. Watch him on the field too. He is a good player but not the dominant athlete he used to be. Plus the cap hit from taking him would be way too much and he is not a long term solution. Better value can be found elsewhere.
Pretty much this, and their deterioration caused their teams to look elsewhere and BAM, suddenly they're more complete teams with potential to go to the playoffs. The Lions did better than they've done ever with Megatron getting the least amount of touches since he got into the league.

Number 1s are way overrated in this league nowadays.

fastcat

Pro Bowler
So if this is true, why would another team trade anything worthwhile for them?

Not that I think it's true - JL and Chris Long are important for this defense. But since they're expensive and aging, if they really do suck as some seem to think, the Rams can't really expect anything of value for them in trade.
If you can trade sam bradford, a guy that was hurt for 2 straight seasons and never has been healthy even when healthy had question marks about his game, why wouldn't we get anything for them?

And look at it this way when we drafted tree and brought in dunbar (before he got suspended) both over shadowed jl55s performance on the field didn't they? Then everyone that's on the dl (starters) maybe besides brockers have over shadowed long.... the proof is there. Trim the fat (contracts), long won't be here next year and jl55 replacement will be drafted or maybe already on the roster. That Hager guy is what jl55 used to be as far as sideline to sideline tackling and speed but he brings that boom when he hits

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I would trade Cook for Dorial Green Beckham to be honest. Kid is from st. louis and looks good as a Titan. Could possibly become a #1 in a year. Just throw it up in the air and he comes down with it. think he is 6'5. Younger megatron. But his nickname is DGB :)

He is from Springfield, my hometown and while he is ridiculously talented, he's got more baggage than Bette Midler....

DenverRam

Starter
almost every talented WR carries baggage. Chris Carter, Randy Moss, TO, Dez Bryant, heck even Demayrius Thomas grandma was in prison for selling crack. Torry holt was a bit of a headcase on the sideline, only guy i could really say was not was Bruce.

not going to lie, i just traded cook for DGB in madden :)