What I would give for o line talent.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Just a comment ... so if Robinson is going to play guard, what about Brown and Saffold?

Move Brown to RG, look for a LT, let Saffold do it until you find one and them let him compete for a spot.

RamzFanz

Damnit
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
This really is a noble sentiment. Perhaps we can all get behind this plan, and take turns dick-punching you (and keep doing so) until the Rams OL comes around. Oh yeah, and post it on youtube.
:popcorn: :boxing::confused:

Ps if the dick punching actually works, we'll need to keep it up. Afaic RamzFanz-dick-tartare is a small price to pay for Rams OL success.

You so missed on the sacrifice and sentiment. You need to dick punch yourself to contribute, On youtube. We ALL dickpunch until we get what we want! :boxing::shocked:

RamzFanz

Damnit
This is probably going to be the number one question with the Rams O this offseason....unless of course he gets it together over the rest of this season. To me he was a G coming out of college. The hard part is actually finding a LT if Robinson isn't that guy.

I haven't told you that i like you enough. I do.

RamzFanz

Damnit
freak it, let's do a package deal or something.

Both 2nds next year plus Tre Mason (Forte successor) plus a few throw in late rounders for Alshon Jeffery and Kyle Long.

Won't happen though haha.

I would do it. This is either our season or Fish is once again an also ran. We do not win the hard games without a line.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Just a comment ... so if Robinson is going to play guard, what about Brown and Saffold?

Great question. I would make GR a backup until he takes either spot or until Saffold folds. It's not if, it's when.

RamzFanz

Damnit
I would trade jl55 and Chris long for a quality lineman or elite wr.... plus a draft pick

I also considered this, in the long run, you win. But this season? JL is doing far less pretend to tackle after the fact for stats and actually making plays. He did intercept AR with a lot of help. Glory without work kind of thing. Like he needs a contract or something. Chris is a conundrum, our D is so badass he is an afterthought, but aren't afterthoughts like that what makes a D badass? I say no to CL at the moment.

I would trade DELETED 55 all day long. Hate on me Rams fans, but if he wasn't a star at running a D, we would never know his name. He is Molina without being able to catch. It's important, but it's not like it can't be duplicated for a lot less.

Moderator note: C'mon man.

Last edited by a moderator:

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
I'd give all that for a WR who can get open because they're better than the DB in front of them.
The OLine will get better with time and experience.

:hijack:
It ain't doing much good for Detroit right now. And I'd say they're in about the same boat as us I'm regards to their oline. Can't pin it all on one position man. Sure the receivers have struggled, but so has the line and Foles as well. They all need to step it up at this point.

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
I'm pretty disappointed with the negativity in this thread. As to the anti-Grob stuff, I'm still on board with his potential, maybe this GB wrap up from the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel will help: "The Packers ... all had impressive moments stuffing blockers and piling up Gurley. They all got steamrolled as well. As the game wore on, left tackle Greg Robinson played like a man among boys ... With refinement, Robinson might have the dancing-bear feet and aggressive temperament to become the next dominant tackle."

As far as calling a Rams leader a "poser"? Sigh. If you have an opinion on JL55 go ahead and post a respectful thread about him with some facts backing you up. But maybe you want to read some past posts about it first, since the discussion has been done many times here. If you have something new to add to the discussion I'm all for it -- but I'm not for disrespectful name calling of Rams players.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Some stellar ideas in this thread, to avoid being negative and unnecessarily putting down members all I can say is I'm glad some of you aren't GMs because you'd be looking at an even less complete team than the one we have already and wondering why mixing and matching ala Madden doesn't work.

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
GRob at Right Guard and a 'serious', at least somewhat, left tackle and we have a playoff ready O line. Really, Saffold is good, but injured again...it won't go away.
More seriously we need a #1 WR.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
last night I saw Joe Barksdale protecting P. Rivers blindside.... doesn't mean anything, just interesting

If our TEs can't be an asset as recievers, could we not keep them in line more often to help slow the rush, or is that unrealistic?

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Trades in the NFL pretty much dont happen (at least not like the other major sports) and I dont know how to match things up, but man I'd be afraid to see what Tre Mason would do running behind the Dallas O-line

V3

Hall of Fame
Saffold should be cut next year. He's always getting hurt/injured and hasn't even played very well this year. As for this year, I'd move Saffold to LT and GRob to G.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
last night I saw Joe Barksdale protecting P. Rivers blindside.... doesn't mean anything, just interesting

If our TEs can't be an asset as recievers, could we not keep them in line more often to help slow the rush, or is that unrealistic?
Last night I saw Barksdale almost get arrested for being an accessory to P. Rivers demise out there.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Last night I saw Barksdale almost get arrested for being an accessory to P. Rivers demise out there.

Notice how I didn't say he was good?

Just found it interesting. I wouldn't start JB over any of our guys.
To your point, I saw some other QB get murdered in GB on sunday and if charges are being filed, Greg Robinson might be brought in for questioning.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
I believe we'll see an improved unit up front after the bye. Fisher always improves the offense about this time. If we come out and perform the same way against CLE, we should all be very worried.

Athos

Legend
O-Line Talent and a legit WR please.

I don't wanna say I told you so again, but I had Allen Robinson mocked to us several times...could have had him.

Getting it done in Jax.

10 games last year and had over 500 yards and 2 scores. He's beating it this year with 400 yards and 4 scores.

fearsomefour

Legend
Great question. I would make GR a backup until he takes either spot or until Saffold folds. It's not if, it's when.
Assuming the Rams find a LT....lets say Williams clearly turns into the guy. Then I move Robinson to RG and keep Brown at LG. Saffold is let go due to his high salary number and cap room saved. Again, this is under the assumption that a LT that is marked upgrade is found and that Robinson can thrive at G.
I hope no one takes this thread as Robinson bashing....it is not. I think he is improving. He had some shining moments vs Green Bay in the run game. The best case is his pass blocking improves to the point there is no need to have the conversation. He plays with such poor balance in the passing game however, he still looks very rough. I am looking forward to see how much or if he has improved by say, week 14.