What happened to our Draft

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

KJD_Ram

Rookie
Put Higbee in a room with Greg Olsen tapes and tell him to study...Then lets find an OC that knows how to use him.

DickersonGurley

Naga...nagunnaposthereanymore
Name
Faulk
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Take a chill pill. They're rookies. Fisher always has favored veterans over rookies. And it takes a lot of WRs and TEs time to adjust to the pro game. You don't always get instant gratification. In fact, you rarely get instant gratification from mid-round picks.

I'm all for criticizing Fisher, but there are much better criticisms than prematurely judging a bunch of rookies.

Cooper is a very different type of a WR than Austin. And him being an undersized WR doesn't make it a dogshit pick. Give me 6 undersized WRs if they are good football players.

Antonio Brown was an undersized WR who didn't do much as a rookie. You'd be calling him a dogshit pick at this stage in his career too. How silly would that be?
I'm not judging the Rookies...I believe on ANY OTHER TEAM IN NFL Higbee would be doing as well or better than 70℅ of TE in leauge, I think Cooper would also be succesful. I think, and again it's MHO , he runs better routes, has better hands, and is harder to bring down than Austin. Yes Austin is faster , but given same amount of opportunities I like Cooper. Forrest was playing more than any of them from what I can tell, his injury sucks. The WR we drafted late , Thomas , has shown ZERO and in the practices I saw and preseason waa not better than more than a couple if guys we cut. Hemingway at TE looked ok as well, not as bad as Thomas.

I just don't see why Fisher does not play these guys. Same for Mannion last season. 3rd round pick. The way they treated that kid, I was beginning g to think he must be just horrific , I mean if he showed any type of ability, when last season was officially lost, and you could see Keenum wasn't a long term solution , why in the hell don't you see what you have the last few games before you go trading away the farm to draft yet another qb. That , to me , is almost just deliberately irresponsible. If they would have cut him after the season, that would have made sense , as my thought would have been he just was not a player, and a bad draft pick. But by all rights he came into camp and was allowed to compete. He did better in preseason than Goff. I feel better about Goff after the Saints debacle believe it or not, but I do believe Mannion will start somewhere in the next 3 years, and he will Excell.

The Patriots, by all rights the best all around team top to bottom, beat coaches, and best managed play there Rookies . Just another case of Fisher being out of touch.

To be honest Bradley Marquez, who I'm not the biggest fan of, makes the team as a special teams player, but honestly I'd rather see him on the field than

DickersonGurley

Name
Faulk
Pharaoh Cooper(21) and Tyler Higbee(22) are too young as well
Ezekiel Elliot, Laquon Treadwell, & Will Fuller all as young, all starting on better teams.

Patrick Peterson dominated at 21. Michael Brokers, Luke Koechly under 22 when they started. Age doesn't mean dick

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I'm not judging the Rookies...I believe on ANY OTHER TEAM IN NFL Higbee would be doing as well or better than 70℅ of TE in leauge, I think Cooper would also be succesful. I think, and again it's MHO , he runs better routes, has better hands, and is harder to bring down than Austin. Yes Austin is faster , but given same amount of opportunities I like Cooper. Forrest was playing more than any of them from what I can tell, his injury sucks. The WR we drafted late , Thomas , has shown ZERO and in the practices I saw and preseason waa not better than more than a couple if guys we cut. Hemingway at TE looked ok as well, not as bad as Thomas.

I just don't see why Fisher does not play these guys. Same for Mannion last season. 3rd round pick. The way they treated that kid, I was beginning g to think he must be just horrific , I mean if he showed any type of ability, when last season was officially lost, and you could see Keenum wasn't a long term solution , why in the hell don't you see what you have the last few games before you go trading away the farm to draft yet another qb. That , to me , is almost just deliberately irresponsible. If they would have cut him after the season, that would have made sense , as my thought would have been he just was not a player, and a bad draft pick. But by all rights he came into camp and was allowed to compete. He did better in preseason than Goff. I feel better about Goff after the Saints debacle believe it or not, but I do believe Mannion will start somewhere in the next 3 years, and he will Excell.

The Patriots, by all rights the best all around team top to bottom, beat coaches, and best managed play there Rookies . Just another case of Fisher being out of touch.

To be honest Bradley Marquez, who I'm not the biggest fan of, makes the team as a special teams player, but honestly I'd rather see him on the field than
Well your OP was fairly obvious but thanks for making it painfully obvious with this post. What? Not getting the response you were after?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I disagree. Thomas has shown ability when he's on the field. He's currently getting snaps on offense. He's also been an ace special teamer for us.

I don't disagree on it being silly not to play Mannion last year. They should have given him a shot. You're entitled to your opinion on him starting somewhere in 3 years. I don't see it. I wasn't a fan of the pick, and I just haven't seen anything thus far to change my mind. I didn't think his preseason performances were impressive.

I wish him the best. He's a Ram. I'll be rooting for him. But I don't foresee him being more than a backup guy.

This is true.

Ezekiel Elliot, Laquon Treadwell, & Will Fuller all as young, all starting on better teams.

Patrick Peterson dominated at 21. Michael Brokers, Luke Koechly under 22 when they started. Age doesn't mean dick

Treadwell isn't starting. He's actually performed quite poorly for Minnesota. He's their #4 or #5 WR right now. Struggling to learn the offense. Ran the wrong route today when they put him in the game in the red-zone on 3rd down.

DickersonGurley

Name
Faulk
I disagree. Thomas has shown ability when he's on the field. He's currently getting snaps on offense. He's also been an ace special teamer for us.

I don't disagree on it being silly not to play Mannion last year. They should have given him a shot. You're entitled to your opinion on him starting somewhere in 3 years. I don't see it. I wasn't a fan of the pick, and I just haven't seen anything thus far to change my mind. I didn't think his preseason performances were impressive.

I wish him the best. He's a Ram. I'll be rooting for him. But I don't foresee him being more than a backup guy.

This is true.

Treadwell isn't starting. He's actually performed quite poorly for Minnesota. He's their #4 or #5 WR right now. Struggling to learn the offense. Ran the wrong route today when they put him in the game in the red-zone on 3rd down.
But he got a chance to suck!!! They know what they have to work on, what he does in games...theyhave a feel you can't get from practice. We really have no clue what we have

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
But he got a chance to suck!!! They know what they have to work on, what he does in games...theyhave a feel you can't get from practice. We really have no clue what we have

Higbee, Thomas, and Cooper have gotten chances to suck too.