What happened to our Draft

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DickersonGurley

Naga...nagunnaposthereanymore
Name
Faulk
A big sign to me that something is wrong with this regime is our last draft. Arguably the worst receiving unit in the NFL and Fisher drafts TWO WR and TWO TE, and they barely play at all. We have 3 new receivers on the roster and how many balls have been thrown there way? Cooper was a dogsht pick to me as how many undersized WR do you need? He Austin 2.0 minus the game changing speed. The most glaring obvious inability of Fisher is judging WR talent. Make that offensive talent.

Hurley could be the Best ONE CUT ZONE RB in the leauge. Put him in Denver he would break records. So how does Fisher take advantage of that? He drafts monster sized power run blocking lineman.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
A big sign to me that something is wrong with this regime is our last draft. Arguably the worst receiving unit in the NFL and Fisher drafts TWO WR and TWO TE, and they barely play at all. We have 3 new receivers on the roster and how many balls have been thrown there way? Cooper was a dogsht pick to me as how many undersized WR do you need? He Austin 2.0 minus the game changing speed. The most glaring obvious inability of Fisher is judging WR talent. Make that offensive talent.

Hurley could be the Best ONE CUT ZONE RB in the leauge. Put him in Denver he would break records. So how does Fisher take advantage of that? He drafts monster sized power run blocking lineman.
Fisher is still in the dark ages when it comes to offense . He likes close games and put it in the defenses hands and it doesn't work . 4-7

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
It's time to move on, let's hope the organization realizes that as well because in today's NFL you get no medals for loyalty and after the exchange between Dickerson and Fisher bringing an offensive coordinator is just rearranging the chairs on the Titanic.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
im not ready to throw to coop and higs and the rooks under a bus just yet there's talent there....it hard to judge anyone with this hodgepodge pick n mix ,,mix and match offense that we run . we are a run based team that cant run it

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
Not really surprised by Cooper's lack of contribution. I think everyone is surprised by how Britt is playing and I'm hoping that we'll see Tavon do more as a normal receiver like he did on Sunday with that TD. I know he's a 'gadget' player but you cannot tell me someone as shifty and fast as he is supposed to be cannot get separation as a normal receiver against the opposition's 2nd or 3rd CB.

I'd like to see Higbee become a Goff favourite because the use of the TE this season has been really inconsistent from one game to the next. One week Kendricks is heavily involved and then the next, its like he's been forgotten altogether.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
A big sign to me that something is wrong with this regime is our last draft. Arguably the worst receiving unit in the NFL and Fisher drafts TWO WR and TWO TE, and they barely play at all. We have 3 new receivers on the roster and how many balls have been thrown there way? The most glaring obvious inability of Fisher is judging WR talent. Make that offensive talent.

Take a chill pill. They're rookies. Fisher always has favored veterans over rookies. And it takes a lot of WRs and TEs time to adjust to the pro game. You don't always get instant gratification. In fact, you rarely get instant gratification from mid-round picks.

I'm all for criticizing Fisher, but there are much better criticisms than prematurely judging a bunch of rookies.

Cooper was a dogsht pick to me as how many undersized WR do you need? He Austin 2.0 minus the game changing speed.

Cooper is a very different type of a WR than Austin. And him being an undersized WR doesn't make it a dogshit pick. Give me 6 undersized WRs if they are good football players.

Antonio Brown was an undersized WR who didn't do much as a rookie. You'd be calling him a dogshit pick at this stage in his career too. How silly would that be?

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
They went all in on Goff. Which meant they didn't have any higher picks to get the better receivers. Although I doubt a rookie receiver comes in a makes an immediate impact no matter where they're drafted. They did ok with the picks the had. It'll just take some time.

Its the old chicken before the egg cliche. Do you get your quarterback and build weapons around him? Or do you build the weapons first and get you quarterback after that? They opted for the quarterback.

Psycho_X

Legend
They're rookies, Fisher likes watching veterans make the same mistakes again and again instead of rookies who might get better. But it's not like I've seen evidence of this coaching staff coaching up a single offensive player on the team in 4.5 years so probably doesn't matter. Really curious to see what an offensive guru could do with the players we have.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Very rarely do rookie WR's or TE's make any kind of significant impact. Those that do are usually high first rounders, and have last names like "Holt".

Give these guys time.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Rams draft didn't start until the 3rd round
Tennessee looks improved from the players they received though

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
funny-Yoda-calm-down1.jpg

Robert

Rookie
I honestly thought they were great picks getting higbee where we did was a steal not only are they rookies but the play calling is horrible put cooper and higbee on the saints and they would be making headlines

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
We have 3 new receivers on the roster and how many balls have been thrown there way? Cooper was a dogsht pick to me as how many undersized WR do you need? He Austin 2.0 minus the game changing speed.
Mike Thomas is the one I really like as far as NFL talent. I think Higbee has more natural hands, he just needs to get NFL size. Cooper has much better hands than Tavon, likes to work in the slot, but his lack of speed is troubling. Other than that, I don't see much in this receiving class. they are rookies...and it seems the offensive scheme is lacking in creativity.

Hell, if we go with a new offense next year, the rooks don't have to forget all the nonsense they didn't learn this year.

MadGoat

Mathematically alive
Cooper was a 4th round pick. There were nine WRs picked before him. Of those, only Michael Thomas has been a reliable contributor. Fuller and Shepard have been up and down (mostly down recently) and the rest haven't done much more than Cooper. The Rams are far from alone in not getting much from their draft picks at receiver.

Zodi

Hall of Fame
Mike Thomas is the one I really like as far as NFL talent. I think Higbee has more natural hands, he just needs to get NFL size. Cooper has much better hands than Tavon, likes to work in the slot, but his lack of speed is troubling. Other than that, I don't see much in this receiving class. they are rookies...and it seems the offensive scheme is lacking in creativity.

Hell, if we go with a new offense next year, the rooks don't have to forget all the nonsense they didn't learn this year.

Higbee is 6'6", 250. How is that not NFL size?

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I really thought that Spruce was going to do something, the way he looked in pre-season, but all he's been is Hurt and now he's on IR!!

Lesson

Oh, really?
They're rookies, Fisher likes watching veterans make the same mistakes again and again instead of rookies who might get better. But it's not like I've seen evidence of this coaching staff coaching up a single offensive player on the team in 4.5 years so probably doesn't matter. Really curious to see what an offensive guru could do with the players we have.

I don't buy the claim that Fisher "likes watching veterans make the same mistakes again and again".

If that were the case, McLeod, Bates, Hekker, GZ, Havenstein, Brown, Harkey, to name a few, wouldn't have been the roster or would not have been starting their rookie year.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Rams draft didn't start until the 3rd round
Tennessee looks improved from the players they received though

Eh, yea. But Tennessee is playing a really weak schedule in a really weak division and has the 2015 #2 overall pick at QB now in his second year. It's not surprising they've improved.

Plus, they made some really smart picks. I thought very highly of Jack Conklin.

Higbee is 6'6", 250. How is that not NFL size?

I think he means that Higbee needs to get stronger and put on a little weight. I agree with him on that.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
I think the biggest problem with Higbee is they are using him incorrectly. They have him blocking and running 5 yard routes. They need to be running the seam with him like that Pats do with Gronk. Maybe after Fisher gets canned we'll get a OC in here that knows what in the hell they are doing.