What Eagles Fans Are Saying

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

joeyknish

UDFA
This is true, but it doesn't mean I can't enjoy a good tasting sandwich named a Philly.

You're getting swill on bread - at best steak ums.

Next time you're in Philly, I will buy you a real one.

Last edited:

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Stay classy yeah. The fact that your pathetic enough to make an account on another teams forum just to talk complete bollocks and to troll people shows how sad you are mate

If you're going to post, actually engage in an intelligent conversation perhaps?

Can I just say that I love British shit talking? European fans are the greatest.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
I certainly didn't see anything intelligent related to the conversation in this post: "Am I on the wrong Forum!? I thought this was Rams On Demand, Not Philly Cheeze Cake On Demand!"

However, I will concede that there was more vitriol in my response than I had intended. I am sorry.

I want to discuss the game. If you any of you guys can keep it to that, I would welcome responses.

Just remember you're on the one true Rams forum to rule them all. There are some very passionate fans here. If you can pull your punches, you'll be alright and will make it through game day.

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
You're getting swill on bread - at best steak ums.

Next time you're Philly, I will buy you a real one.

Just what in the world did you see in that shellacking you took on Sunday that would give you any confidence? Your defense and special teams scored 21 points and that's just because Kaeperdick sucks. Rams are gonna roll into Philly and pull a huge upset.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
The Eagles fans should expect to beat us. They've shown more promise over the last few seasons.

BUT, we have a lot going for us. Gregg Williams has had two weeks to prep for their offense. We'll be well rested while the Eagles are coming off of an ass kicking. The defenses in our division has fared very well against these finesse offenses.

I normally lean toward low expectations, but I think we're going to surprise some people this week.

joeyknish

UDFA
Just what in the world did you see in that shellacking you took on Sunday that would give you any confidence? Your defense and special teams scored 21 points and that's just because Kaeperdick sucks. Rams are gonna roll into Philly and pull a huge upset.

Just that. The offense could not have played any worse on offense, yet still had a chance to win. On the road. Against a desperate team. If anything, I would be more concerned to be a Nincers fan, than an Eagles fan.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Am I on the wrong Forum!? I thought this was Rams On Demand, Not Philly Cheeze Cake On Demand!

Stay classy yeah. The fact that your pathetic enough to make an account on another teams forum just to talk complete bollocks and to troll people shows how sad you are mate

If you're going to post, actually engage in an intelligent conversation perhaps?

Easy does it guys. We welcome fans from other teams and joeybuttafuco, sorry knish :sneaky: is welcome here if he plays by the rules, and so far he is.

Btw some of us here have accounts on other NFL teams' sites for the purpose of having a discussion on upcoming games. No trolling, just discussion.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
so @joeyknish. Was Shady's year last year a fluke? Or is your offensive line that bad right now?

Edit: sorry, that was a loaded question. I know Shady is good. Let me rephrase, Just how bad is your offensive line right now?

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
There are only imitation cheesesteaks outside of the greater Philadelphia area.
That's because the originals in philly aren't that great. ;)
Cheese whiz? Really?

Go get an Italian beef. That's a sandwich.

Wecome to the forum.
It's not uncommon here for a thread to be hijacked with scantily clad women or food.

theramsruleUK

Pro Bowler
Easy does it guys. We welcome fans from other teams and joeybuttafuco, sorry knish :sneaky: is welcome here if he plays by the rules, and so far he is.

Btw some of us here have accounts on other NFL teams' sites for the purpose of having a discussion on upcoming games. No trolling, just discussion.

I have no problem with it at all, it's great to here other fans opinions, but when your first two posts are obvious trolling... Expect to get called up on it.
All good :)

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
http://forums.philly.com/discussion...ms_are_coming/kr-eagles/174649.1?nav=messages

Good news for Run game. Rams are coming

Of course no QB hits the majority of downfield throws. They are more difficult in nature. But as of now he's only completed 1 pass beyond 30 yards downfield, and that was to a wide open Maclin vs the Jags.

I don't expect him to hit all of them. But I do expect him to hit on some of them. His timing/accuracy has been slightly off with Maclin on deep balls. I'm confident that they'll get that fixed and start connecting on those throws.

On the positive side: With a worse oline than last year, foles is taking less sacks and getting rid of the ball faster. He's shown the ability to come through in the clutch late in games which is a very good trait.

I said before the season that foles will have some ups and downs like every young QB goes through. No need to panic and after a bad game start talking about needing to bench him or trade him after the season. That's ridiculous.
------------
The need for a mobile QB in this system isn't all that important as Foles showed last year. The need for a solid OL is a fact. Sanchez could be great or he could be exactly what he's been his whole career.. inconsistent and prone to bad decisions. He could run better than Foles but he'd also turn the ball over more. This OL is causing all sorts of problems and screwing up the entire offensive flow.

The TEs are taken out of the passing game, Foles is getting hammered, McCoy has nowhere to run and its forcing him to dance too much. The screen pass game is gone. The way the OL played Sunday every game will be a crapshoot. The offense was shut out Sunday. The score 1 TD and we win. That's piss poor. Let's see how Kelly adjusts against a lesser team.
------------
Losing over a yard per carry is a big deal in my book. The 4.5-4.6 yards per carry McCoy had with Foles handing him off the ball in normal situations was good not great considering how talented we know McCoy is and the fact that he had a line full of probowlers.

It's not that complicated. We only have 5 blockers, one TE and no #### and run plays from out the shotgun. Unless you've got crazy talented players lined up at receiver the box is gonna have more heads in it than blockers which bodes poorly for a RB who doesn't have the threat of the QB run to take away attention.
----------
Without a solid OL it pretty much doesn't matter what you do. Kelly has to make some adjustments.. he can't simply keep calling the same plays that the OL can't execute.
----------
We are losing the battle up front too often and not getting McCoy to the 2nd level. And that has nothing to do with the QB or the receivers.

The defensive line doesn't care who is lined up at receiver. The interior defensive line doesn't care who is at QB when there is a hand off. On a play where we do run a zone read, its the qbs job to read the unblocked player and make the right decision with the ball.

Its not like we aren't getting rushing yards because the unblocked defender is tackling McCoy at the LOS. We aren't getting rushing yards because a majority of the time when McCoy gets the ball, the opposing defensive line is getting penetration, which blows up the run.

The interior defensive line is not concerned with who is the QB on a running play. They are concerned with standing their ground and fighting through blocks to clog up the hole.

The only difference a mobile QB would make on our running plays right now is that on a zone read option, he could choose to pull the ball back and beat the unblocked defender around the edge.

But it would have no affect on the interior of our offensive line getting pushed back off the LOS at the snap which completely ruins the run.

With Johnson back, hopefully this helps as herramins goes back to guard, and now we may see more success on off tackle runs with Johnson and Peters in the game.
----------
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=554922

St. Louis Rams (1-2) @ Philadelphia Eagles (3-1)

Week 5:

stl.gif
AT
phi.gif

Sunday October 5th, 2014
St. Louis (1-2) at Philadelphia (3-1)
Gametime: 1:00 PM ET

Last time these two teams met was September 11, 2011. The "Dream Team's first game. A game in St. Louis that the Eagles won 31-13. Some of you might remember Steven Jackson's 47 yard run on their opening drive against a defense that was supposed to be much improved with the additions of Jason Babin, Cullen Jenkins and Nnamdi. Juandamentals. Be thankful for Billy's D.

This guy is back:

slideshow-eagles-lane-johnson-uspresswire.jpg

What kind of an impact will he have?

Will Nick Foles bounce back from one of his worst starts?

Can the Eagles defense follow up on their strong performance against the 49ers?

On one hand, be thankful that after a physically taxing game against a tough opponent like the 49ers, the Eagles get to face a pretty lowly St. Louis Rams. On the other hand, realize that the Rams are coming off a bye week. The opponent this week is well rested, had an extra week to prepare for the Eagles, and now has some impressive tape of the 49ers shutting out the Eagles offense.

The 2014 Rams started the season with a 34-6 loss to the Vikings. Followed that up with a 19-17 win against the Bucs. And I'm sure most of you are familiar with their collapse against the Cowboys when they blew a 21 point lead to lose by a score of 34-31.

All things say that the Eagles should win this game except for the fact that St. Louis is coming off a bye.
-------------
Trap game, possibly.

We better not screw this up; otherwise, it will be punishment by tar and feathering in public square.
------------
I dont know about trap game. I can see Chip pulling out all the stops to make us seem legit again
------------
This game makes me a little nervous. They're coming off a bye, they have a good D-line, and we're beat up.

Let's see how much of an impact Lane makes.
-------------
http://www.phillysportscentral.com/forums/showthread.php?512206-Pass-D-is-ass.

Pass D is ass.

Just ****ing bad.
---------
Earl Wolff might be worse than Nate Allen.
----------
I seriously cannot watch the NFL anymore. The penalties for every little touch. It's become a league for ****.
--------
And ****ing Williams needs to shut his piehole and try covering someone. Asshole.

Can we cut Williams? He is absolutely ****ing brutal! And I don't care if he intercepts a pass and returns it for the winning TD- he's still ****ing brutal.
---------
If Williams opens his ****ing mouth this week about too much practice, I'll travel to Philly and kick him in the ass myself.
----------
Eagles aren't a good team. They'll probably win the division but they're a long way from being a SB contender.
-----------
They are going to need their OL to play a lot better in order to win the division. Foles too for that matter.
----------
Really Dallas and the Eagles are similar. I think Dallas' defense is slightly worse than the Eagles, I think Dallas has a lot more talent on the offensive side of the ball. Dallas just suffers from an awful head coach.

joeyknish

UDFA
so @joeyknish. Was Shady's year last year a fluke? Or is your offensive line that bad right now?

Edit: sorry, that was a loaded question. I know Shady is good. Let me rephrase, Just how bad is your offensive line right now?

The former players (Brian Baldinger / Brian Westbrook / Ike Reese) who analyze film are saying there are no holes for Shady to run through, but one reporter today broke a possible injury with a lingering toe issue, which was denied by Chip Kelly. Who knows?

joeyknish

UDFA
I have no problem with it at all, it's great to here other fans opinions, but when your first two posts are obvious trolling... Expect to get called up on it.
All good :)

Just to clarify , my first post in this thread had no sinister intents. I was invited to post here by a Rams fan in another thread.

joeyknish

UDFA
That's because the originals in philly aren't that great. ;)
Cheese whiz? Really?

Go get an Italian beef. That's a sandwich.

Wecome to the forum.
It's not uncommon here for a thread to be hijacked with scantily clad women or food.

My preference is provolone. And I agree that a roast pork sandwich with broccoli rabe is to die for!