What do we do at QB if Bradford is out for extended time

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Sign another player? Which one?

• Vince Young

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Jimmy Clausen

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Brady Quinn

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • John Skelton

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Tim Tebow

Votes: 8 24.2%
  • Stay the course

Votes: 11 33.3%

• Total voters

Slappy967

Starter
We will rally around Kellen Clemens and we will play good football!

Oh and then draft a QB at some point next draft in case Sam won't be ready in time.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I voted stay the course, but Tebow would make things interesting. He's bad, but interesting.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Realistically, without Bradford, we are headed nowhere. Why even pay to bring in a scrapped QB with no experience in our offense? It still translates to losing. Sadly, I firmly believe Clemens is our best option at this point. He has been with us a couple years and he actually has won for us in Bradford's absence. We just have to hope Bradford isn't out for too long....

Lesson

Oh, really?
X said:
Practice Squad QBs around the league (not sure if updated)

Falcons - Seth Doege
Bears - Jerrod Johnson
Bengals - Greg McElroy
Cowboys - Alex Tanney
Packers - Scott Tolzien
Colts - Chandler Harnish
Jaguars - Matt Scott
Saints - Ryan Griffin
Raiders - Tyler Wilson
Titans - Rusty Smith

Rusty Smith was promoted to on the Titans. He was drafted in TN during Fisher's last season.

McElroy has a season of experience under Schottenheimer.

Everyone else has 0 ties to either Fisher or Schottenheimer.

Slappy967

Starter
I guess I would take a flyer on McElroy. Granted I think we should also sign Holt & Bruce immediately so we can field WR capable of catching passes.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
X said:
jrry32 said:
X said:
They'll have to bring in someone obviously, but I don't know who. All the talk about bringing in Tebow, I think, is stupid. Not the people bringing it up - just the idea. You don't change your entire offense to suit one player. You just don't. At worst, your bring in someone that can play within the scheme, and you take away half the playbook. If Bradford is hurt, our entire season rests on Clemens, and that's not good.

So, if I had to choose from the above lot of meh, I'd take Vince Young I guess.
And I wouldn't even be thrilled about that. But at least he can operate with half a field and run.

You do when these are our options. :ww:
No you don't. And you know in your heart of hearts that it will never happen.

Nah. I definitely would. Take a look at the 2011 Broncos.

moklerman

Warner-phile
None of the choices are going to make this offense a scoring threat and by staying the course, they are going to need to outscore other teams. So, I say circle the wagons and focus more on the run with the occasional pass play when the opportunity is right which means I chose Tebow. Getting the ball out quick on first reads is about all this offense has been doing anyway and none of it has been predicated on precise timing between the QB and receivers.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Where did all those Jimmy Clausen votes come from? Not a single comment to boot!

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
V.Young has played in 60 games in his crummy career(started in 50).
Career QB rating 74.4

Clemens has 30 with only 12 starts.
62.2 career rating.

Just some facts.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
CGI_Ram said:
Where did all those Jimmy Clausen votes come from? Not a single comment to boot!
Probably all the douche Panthers fans that are lurking around here (don't have to be logged in to vote).

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
MerlinJones said:
What if we brought in the highest rated CFL QB and gave him a shot?

Dieter Brock 2.0 anyone?

So Bo Levi Mitchell or Zach Collaros? :lol:

lockdnram21

Legend
try and trade for kirk cousins

This might be the best option especially if sam misses a long period of timeand isn't ready start of next season

Lesson

Oh, really?
X said:
CGI_Ram said:
Probably all the douche Panthers fans that are lurking around here (don't have to be logged in to vote).

They have a thread up there with a picture of someone voting for Clausen.

To those clowns rigging the poll, congratulations.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
EastRam said:
I voted Skelton. As in Red Skelton. Shyte can't get any funnier.
:lol:

Picking any ex AZ QB besides Warner is the NFL equivalent of panhandling.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Lesson said:
X said:
CGI_Ram said:

Those dudes (and chicks) are by far the worst NFL fans I've ever come across. Not because they're rude or anything. Just because they're kinda dumb, ill-mannered, and act like unruly children who were raised by a crack whore. Absolutely no substance to them at all. You can almost smell the dumb coming from that forum, and it permeates the pores.

EastRam

Pro Bowler
X said:
Lesson said:
X said:
CGI_Ram said:

Those dudes (and chicks) are by far the worst NFL fans I've ever come across. Not because they're rude or anything. Just because they're kinda dumb, ill-mannered, and act like unruly children who were raised by a crack whore. Absolutely no substance to them at all. You can almost smell the dumb coming from that forum, and it permeates the pores.

We're 4 hours from Charlotte and chose not to go to the game.

If we had. Both my son and I would have been ejected from the game. No way we could have sat on our hands with that BS on the field.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So off the subject of Panther fans and on the subject of the Rams savior...Tim Tebow?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
jrry32 said:
So off the subject of Panther fans and on the subject of the Rams savior...Tim Tebow?
I will delete this forum if Tebow becomes the QB.

(and I like Tebow)