What do we do at QB if Bradford is out for extended time

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Sign another player? Which one?

• Vince Young

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Jimmy Clausen

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Brady Quinn

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • John Skelton

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Tim Tebow

Votes: 8 24.2%
  • Stay the course

Votes: 11 33.3%

• Total voters

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Vince Young
Jimmy Clausen
Brady Quinn
John Skelton
Tim Tebow
Stay the course

What do y'all think we will do if the unimaginable happens and Bradford is out for extended time or season.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I GOT IT GUYS!

Tim-Tebow1.jpg

vs.
JaMarcus-Russell-with-LSU-White-Cover-Magazine.jpg

vs.
brett-favre-green-bay-packers-83049_600_564.jpg

Winner becomes the starting QB for the Rams!

MerlinJones

Pro Bowler
I would call Brett Favre and see if he wanted to come out of retirement before I'd consider any of the players on Rabid's list.

Or, if you didn't mind giving up a draft pick, maybe consider calling the Redskins to inquire about Kirk Cousins?
Maybe we could just put multiple RBs in at the same time and run the wishbone?

Realistically though, I'd imagine that Clemens will be the guy going forward if Bradford is out for any time.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
They'll have to bring in someone obviously, but I don't know who. All the talk about bringing in Tebow, I think, is stupid. Not the people bringing it up - just the idea. You don't change your entire offense to suit one player. You just don't. At worst, your bring in someone that can play within the scheme, and you take away half the playbook. If Bradford is hurt, our entire season rests on Clemens, and that's not good.

So, if I had to choose from the above lot of meh, I'd take Vince Young I guess.
And I wouldn't even be thrilled about that. But at least he can operate with half a field and run.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
X said:
They'll have to bring in someone obviously, but I don't know who. All the talk about bringing in Tebow, I think, is stupid. Not the people bringing it up - just the idea. You don't change your entire offense to suit one player. You just don't. At worst, your bring in someone that can play within the scheme, and you take away half the playbook. If Bradford is hurt, our entire season rests on Clemens, and that's not good.

And I wouldn't even be thrilled about that. But at least he can operate with half a field and run.

You do when these are our options. :ww:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
jrry32 said:
X said:

You do when these are our options. :ww:
No you don't. And you know in your heart of hearts that it will never happen.

Lesson

Oh, really?
X said:

VY was one of the reasons why Fisher is no longer coaching the Titans. I don't think there is any realistic chance of him being a Ram as long as Fisher is the head coach.

lockdnram21

Legend
who are some qbs we can target

It might be early but sams injury looked bad so who are some qbs we can target

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
As i stated earlier i give V.Young a call. Stay balanced,lean on Stacy,throw to our TE's,protect the football, and go deep on PA occasionally. Young still has a cannon arm. Keep it simple with a chance for big plays still.

Clemens isn't even capable of being a game managing QB. He will either kill you with turnovers or get killed himself.

You cannot change the offense midseason with the youth we've got here.
You think our offense is one dimension now? Lol at bringing in Tebow.

A55VA6

Legend
Why bring in some mediocre QB that has to learn an offense. May as well roll with Clemens. We're going to lose a big share of games regardless, sadly. :/

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
I say we give Matt Leinart a ring, he has the most talent out of all the free agent QBs... Unfortunately.

MerlinJones

Pro Bowler
What if we brought in the highest rated CFL QB and gave him a shot?

Dieter Brock 2.0 anyone?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
HometownBoy said:
I say we give Matt Leinart a ring, he has the most talent out of all the free agent QBs... Unfortunately.
Might as well, it's the only one he'll ever get in his life.

Lesson

Oh, really?
X said:
HometownBoy said:
Might as well, it's the only one he'll ever get in his life.

Unfortunately, Joe Germaine was able to only win 1 SB ring with the Rams, too.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
We could start Hekker at QB and just run fake punts until they catch on.

Lesson

Oh, really?
lockdnram21 said:
Trade for kirk cousins

Not that I'd advocate for Cousins, per se, but some other young backup QB or a practice squad raid could be an interesting idea that I hadn't thought about until this post.

A55VA6

Legend
Lesson said:
lockdnram21 said:
Trade for kirk cousins

Not that I'd advocate for Cousins, per se, but some other young backup QB or a practice squad raid could be an interesting idea that I hadn't thought about until this post.
I wouldn't give shit to that team. It's not a bad idea, but the Redskins deserve nothing.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Practice Squad QBs around the league (not sure if updated)

Falcons - Seth Doege
Bears - Jerrod Johnson
Bengals - Greg McElroy
Cowboys - Alex Tanney
Packers - Scott Tolzien
Colts - Chandler Harnish
Jaguars - Matt Scott
Saints - Ryan Griffin
Raiders - Tyler Wilson
Titans - Rusty Smith