what color is is ball?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
WL3BcLK.jpg

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
upload_2015-2-3_10-50-58.png

color readings from each ball in Photoshop. Brady's has far more green and blue and a little more red.

Last edited:

jsimcox

Pro Bowler
Name
Jamie
Seriously, what is the point in this thread. All I see now is people discussing what brown is and random photoshops...

If there is a point, I feel like we should have heard it about a day or so ago...

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
And I'd sure like to know what the Titans are up to. A ball for every weather season?

BN1QFct.jpg

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
Seriously, what is the point in this thread. All I see now is people discussing what brown is and random photoshops...

If there is a point, I feel like we should have heard it about a day or so ago...

The Photoshops are just a way for people to attack me. I was told by people I know in Packer organization that they thought the balls the Pats were using were altered. So, I checked it out and I noticed that the Pats ball was dark brown and the Packers was a normal color. I, frankly, didn't notice it during the game at the time. Then those who disagreed threw out simpleton stuff like photo differences and lighting differences and then seemingly offered that the ball color was alterd in Photoshop. I am not sure if they are accusing me of doing it or someone else, but I took screen caps from NFL replay, and from NFL.com photos. I also found other games where the ball was a different color so the Photoshop bandit must have only altered Pats games and only altered the color of Brady's balls to frame him, I guess.

But, normal wear does not darken a football like that, broken in balls get lighter, just slightly. A wet ball will turn dark, for obvious reasons. So, the point is why is the Pats ball darker. And it clearly is. No lighting affects, not normal use. And why did Packers notice it?

It's off season . . . and the topic of inflate gate was big, and this seemed to be in that vein. It was interesting and I wanted to start a discussion, that's the point of any post, to start a discussion on a topic. But if people want to mock me with Photoshops, as if I've never heard of it or tell me their dad is an expert in photography, when I have passing knowledge of that, that's fine. Treat me as if I am stupid. I am secure in my football knowledge, and it's a reasonable amount of knowledge. Not claiming expert status in anything. Just a reasonable amount of knowledge.

If you don't want to participate, might I suggest you don't read or post on the matter.

jsimcox

Pro Bowler
Name
Jamie
The Photoshops are just a way for people to attack me. I was told by people I know in Packer organization that they thought the balls the Pats were using were altered. So, I checked it out and I noticed that the Pats ball was dark brown and the Packers was a normal color. I, frankly, didn't notice it during the game at the time. Then those who disagreed threw out simpleton stuff like photo differences and lighting differences and then seemingly offered that the ball color was alterd in Photoshop. I am not sure if they are accusing me of doing it or someone else, but I took screen caps from NFL replay, and from NFL.com photos. I also found other games where the ball was a different color so the Photoshop bandit must have only altered Pats games and only altered the color of Brady's balls to frame him, I guess.

But, normal wear does not darken a football like that, broken in balls get lighter, just slightly. A wet ball will turn dark, for obvious reasons. So, the point is why is the Pats ball darker. And it clearly is. No lighting affects, not normal use. And why did Packers notice it?

It's off season . . . and the topic of inflate gate was big, and this seemed to be in that vein. It was interesting and I wanted to start a discussion, that's the point of any post, to start a discussion on a topic. But if people want to mock me with Photoshops, as if I've never heard of it or tell me their dad is an expert in photography, when I have passing knowledge of that, that's fine. Treat me as if I am stupid. I am secure in my football knowledge, and it's a reasonable amount of knowledge. Not claiming expert status in anything. Just a reasonable amount of knowledge.

If you don't want to participate, might I suggest you don't read or post on the matter.
Well you see now that you've explained it, what you're trying to say makes a lot more sense. But surely you can understand people's frustration at reading nearly 2 days worth of posts discussing colours, with no apparent point? I'm happy to participate but I think People acknowledged the balls were a different color about a day ago, I just don't know why it has taken so long to reach the point that's all.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
Well you see now that you've explained it, what you're trying to say makes a lot more sense. But surely you can understand people's frustration at reading nearly 2 days worth of posts discussing colours, with no apparent point? I'm happy to participate but I think People acknowledged the balls were a different color about a day ago, I just don't know why it has taken so long to reach the point that's all.
No, what happened was I was trying to lay a groundwork. But immediately it got sidetracked with nonsense. And no, people did not acknowledge that ball was a different color, they, in a challenging way, said it was the same color but lighting or photography caused the ball to appear a different color, not that the ball was a different color. So, I dealt with those issues at the time, which was a mistake. Then today, at my lunch break, I see the Photoshop comments, that the ball could be altered by Photoshop. Gee, it's 2015, I guess I am so stupid that I had never heard of that.

This is what the thread turned into:
upload_2015-2-3_11-16-48.png

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

It got silly because you waited 6 pages to offer up your point. And as such, nobody thought you were going to do it. Anyone with eyes knows the footballs were different colors, so maybe you should have led with your premise instead of dangling the point in front of everyone's nose for two days and not coming out with it sooner. Really, what was the point of delaying the inevitable like that? You must know that by putting the words "Sources tell me the Packers complained about the patriots' footballs earlier this season", and then showing pictures to substantiate that claim, would have been a much better approach.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
It got silly because you waited 6 pages to offer up your point. And as such, nobody thought you were going to do it. Anyone with eyes knows the footballs were different colors, so maybe you should have led with your premise instead of dangling the point in front of everyone's nose for two days and not coming out with it sooner. Really, what was the point of delaying the inevitable like that? You must know that by putting the words "Sources tell me the Packers complained about the patriots' footballs earlier this season", and then showing pictures to substantiate that claim, would have been a much better approach.
Well, I didn't expect a board that was supposed to be civil to attack me right away, did I? Nor a former owner of the board to use schoolyard tactics, did I? Had I known that, I would have avoided the subject altogether. But now, I know, I have to take an approved approch because if I don't I will be pested and whined to about getting to the point.

And no, people with eyes did not "knows the footballs were different colors". They claimed lighting or wear and tear.

Don't you have a witch to burn?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Well, I didn't expect a board that was supposed to be civil to attack me right away, did I? Nor a former owner of the board to use schoolyard tactics, did I? Had I known that, I would have avoided the subject altogether. But now, I know, I have to take an approved approch because if I don't I will be pested and whined to about getting to the point.

Don't you have a witch to burn?
Attacked? lol. Butch up, man. Disagreeing with you or offering an alternate explanation isn't attacking you.
And take the plank out of your eye.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
upload_2015-2-3_10-39-49-png.5315

I see you photoshoppers have managed to shop Bulger into this picture.
Don't even try and pretend! I know that sack pose! It's the Bulger 'Brace for Impact' pose.

(Sorry for the cornfusion too, I thought replying would display the image. Edited to add the proof)

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I can only speak for myself when i say that you completely misinterpreted my contributions in this thread. You asked if i thought the footballs in those photos were different colors...I said they appeared to be, then offered up my opinions as to why that might be the case.

I don't know what you want from me.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
Attacked? lol. Butch up, man. Disagreeing with you or offering an alternate explanation isn't attacking you.
And take the plank out of your eye.
No, but posting stupid Photoshops is. I mean, I know you're cool, and the Dude and all, but you can be a live and let live guy and then tell someone how they should post. And when you stoop to calling out my manhood "Butch up" . .. says a lot. I see vaginal behavior here all the time, but I don't point it out everytime. If you'd put the pitchfork down a second you can Dude up.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
I can only speak for myself when i say that you completely misinterpreted my contributions in this thread. You asked if i thought the footballs in those photos were different colors...I said they appeared to be, then offered up my opinions as to why that might be the case.

I don't know what you want from me.
Look, my starting this thread a major mistake. Wish I hadn't done it. As I said, there was a story that dominated the news for 2 weeks, and it tied to the Rams because of the so-called "culture of cheating" and then this was pointed out to me and it seemed like a natural tie-in to inflate gate. But it was nothing but a pain in the ass from the beginning. Big mistake on my part and now agree that it should be deleted. Nothing personal against you, you were fair in giving your opinion, I should not have lumped you in with a few others.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
No, but posting stupid Photoshops is. I mean, I know you're cool, and the Dude and all, but you can be a live and let live guy and then tell someone how they should post. And when you stoop to calling out my manhood "Butch up" . .. says a lot. I see vaginal behavior here all the time, but I don't point it out everytime. If you'd put the pitchfork down a second you can Dude up.
Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa.

Whoa.

There is nothing stupid about my Photoshops.

Now you've crossed the line.

(p.s. telling you to butch up is akin to you telling me I wear pink colored panties, is it not?) Relax.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
I for one appreciate the effort that Blue and Gold put into this thread although I don't understand it all. Maybe I'm too dim to get it. I read every post though and enjoyed it, so thanks for that. But this thread is now heading into personal attacks and innuendos so it's time to put it out of its misery and move on to something else. Locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.