What Chiefs Fans Are Saying

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
This is a confident bunch.
--------------------------------
http://boards.kcchiefs.com/forum/kansas-city-chiefs-football/2419-rams-are-next

Rams are next

At the first of the year I thought this would be a tough game. About the 3rd or 4th game I was thinking this would be a not so tough game. The Rams beat the Seahawks yesterday. The Seahawks have been beat also by the Chargers and Cowboys which at this time are some pretty good teams. So are the Rams this good?

They have the talent to be a great team. If Fisher has them seeing the way he wants them to play this is not a give me game. The 12th man will play a big part in this game. I am headed to the game with a protected voice hoping to be a part of the 12th man. We need the games at Arrowhead. I see a close game decided again by 3. In the Chiefs favor of course.
---------
I think the Chiefs take the next three games in convincing fashion. Im expecting the Chiefs to rack up a bunch of takeaways given we are facing medicare QB's. It will be a lot like the defense was last year in the first 9 coupled with offense over the last few games. Big wins coming up headed home against Seattle which is another winnable game.

Expecting the Chiefs to finish 8-2 in the next 10 to get to 11-5. That is how I saw it pre-season and I'm sticking to it.
-----------
I think the only way we have trouble with the Rams and the Jets is if we get in our own way or under-prepare. If we don't get the ball to our playmakers on offense we are in trouble no matter who we play, but I think (hope) Andy has learned his lesson there. I predicted 10-6 and win our wildcard matchup, but a lot can change from now to then.
---------
Since we are throwing our Preseason predictions out there I had the Chiefs at 2-3 at the Bye. I had them 7-9 for the season expecting them to lose 2 to the Chargers. Looks like I am 1 game to the good. And Like I said at the beginning of the year I do hope they prove me wrong.
---------
I went from 10-6 to maybe 9-7, but I never jumped off my 10-6 guess. That's because I'm a homer and because I believe Alex Smith's game is less reliant on his supporting cast (not talking about total results, just saying he'll achieve whatever he does regardless, it would have to be Calvin Johnsonesque to raise it - he even statistically did better without Charles). Now, I think Dalton and Stafford's game is reliant upon deep catchers not being injured. Kaepernick relies upon Lloyd/Boldin circus catches and Stevie Johnson's reliability (though Davis has disappointed).

New England made up for Tennessee. San Diego made up for San Francisco. (Though I had both as losses. Denver and Miami went as scheduled.

Here was my prediction before the season:

Tennessee: W
Denver: L
Miami: W
New England: L
San Francisco: L
San Diego (road/home split): L

2-4.

Don't ask me how I got from 2-4 to 10-6, other than homerism and math. Going from 3-3 to 10-6 is hard enough. How about from 6-3 to 10-6?
---------
I'd love to see the Chiefs destroy the Rams on Sunday, leaving the Rams so angry that they tear up the Field of Jeans in the 49ers' first game after the bye week. If it's a close game instead, it would leave both teams beat up heading into their next matchups, and I'd really rather not see the team beat up heading into a matchup against the Jets.

The reality is that the Rams just beat the Seahawks the way the 49ers just beat the Chiefs: The Rams stole extra possessions and points via the gaffes of the opposing special teams. There is no reason on paper why the Rams in their present condition should be able to compete with the Chiefs.
----------
We got a division victory on the road, means we gotta sweep San Diego and Oakland which is doable. If they lose the return game to the Donks, 2 losses to them doesn't look so bad if we sweep the Bolts. I'd rather we sweep SD and OAK, and win our return game against Denver. Hanging a L on Denver would add a lot to the resume.
----------
It's the NFL. Anything can happen. That's why we love it, and that's why we watch. The Rams can certainly beat the Chiefs, but will they? Probably not...but there's still a chance. The Royals are in the world series which means **** has literally frozen over and anything is possible! haha
-----------
I don't think 11-5 is being a homer. We went 11-5 last season and we clearly are a much better team this season IMO. The team is young and keeps getting better week to week which is a good thing. Im highly optimistic for the second half of the season...

We have played 4 of the first 6 on the road at DEN, SF, SD, MIA... Those are tough road games. Those are four playoff contenders. We have beaten NE at home and we had our one ugly loss of the season which is now weeks since gone.

We have a stretch of 4/5 in which we will be favored. The only game we will be underdogs is home against Seattle, and even that game will be a close spread because Seattle isn't that special. (Weak offense, can compete with them)

We play Oakland again at home and I'm more than confident that we can beat SD and DEN in OUR HOUSE. Denver will probably pull it off but the SD game at home is a game we should win. Pittsburgh on the road is a game we should be able to win. The Arizona game will be tough but it isn't like they will light us up with a dynamic offense. We can compete in all of these games...

We will be adding Joe Mays and Eric Berry soon which will help the defense big time. OL will continue to grow. Team identify will continue to be made.
------------
http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2014/10/20/7022479/kansas-city-chiefs-strength-of-schedule-2014

Kansas City Chiefs schedule goes from toughest start to easiest finish
By Joel Thorman@JoelThorman on Oct 20 2014

The 10 opponents they have left have win percentage of 45, easiest in the AFC. So despite 3-3, Chiefs in good spot
-------
That's not to say the Chiefs schedule down the stretch is easy. It's still the NFL which means there are still tough games and you can lose to anyone. The Rams, Bills and Raiders (twice) all look like winnable games.
--------
Win the next three games and then hopefully beat Seattle and the Chiefs will be in excellent position to make the playoffs. They can do this. They just have to keep playing smart.
---------
I think the next three are must wins while a win in Seattle would be a cherry on the cake. They need to beat all the weaker teams and then win at least one or two of the harder team games to put them at 10-6 or 11-5.

If they lose to a weaker team then they will have make up for it by beating another one of the harder teams.
---------
Must Win: St. Louis. The games against St. Louis, NYJ and Oakland (2) you absolutely have to win. They are the easiest games on our schedule by far.
---------
Rams just beat the Seahawks
All games look tough. If we can win 7 of the last 10 we have a shot.
---------
Rams beat Seahawks with really good trickery
For sure the Rams are going to try and get tricky with us since it worked so well against the Seahawks. This game the Chiefs really need to be on the alert for fake punts and crap like that. If we can stop their trickery when they try it we can make it backfire on them.
--------

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
I watched the Chiefs game Sunday. Meh. We play the way we are capable of we win.

iBruce

Pro Bowler
Name
Cory
Same here blue4. Living in KC the last 4 years, I've come to appreciate the Chiefs. I respect Reid, but I don't give Alex Smith a lot of credit. We've seen what he can do, and I know the Rams can stop him. I also think the Chief's pass protection is poor, and expect to see the continuation of sack city.

I'm expecting Charles to break off a few long runs. How many he does probably determines the outcome of the game.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
Quite a few of them sound like they think this is a walkover...Hope they get a rude awakening....Tough playing a good team in a very hostile environment, but they can be had if the Rams can play some semblance of a full 60 minutes

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Charles speed and the screen passes need to be kept in check. Ogletree can't be giving up the edge.

I hope to see TJ and Rodney blow up some screens with big hits on Charles.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=115&f=1837&t=13277910

Austin pettis?
Was waived by st louis today. He's not much but he's good enough to play on this team. Only making around half a million too.
----------
pass
---------
sign, could fit this O perfectly.
---------
he's not going to just all of a sudden go out for 70+ catches and 10 tds. focus on the guys we have and try to make them better.
---------
Claim him!!!
---------
Let's face it our wrs are terrible. Couldn't hurt to pick him up.
---------
He would immediately be in the conversation for second best WR on this team. Yes I realize how sad that is, but he's a guy who could be useful depth this year and maybe beyond. Claim him.
---------
Maybe I'm wrong about this but I believe the Rams don't exactly sport the greatest of WR corps. I can't think of anyone they have that is prolific. My point is this....this isn't like some deep WR corps like Atlanta where they just don't have space for him because of an over-abundance of talent or because they need to free some cap space.

While I agree our WR corps sucks I really think we need to think this through because there is obviously some reason they cut this guy even though they don't have much at WR. Why? That's what I'd like to know. Also, I really wish we'd give Wilson more of an opportunity. We may have an in-house solution but don't know it because we won't give him an opportunity.
----------
Tavon Austin, Brian Quick, Kenny Britt, Chris Givens, Steadman Bailey. A lot of guys underproducing, but from a talent standpoint they have plenty...
----------
Rams have talent at the position but no production. It wouldn't hurt to bring him in and take a look but I wouldn't get my hopes up.
----------
We play the Rams next week, he'll get a call

rking4441

Rookie
Name
Richard
The Rams O line is really starting to gel and it showed with the productive running game against the Seahawks. If the Rams can control the line of scrimmage this is a game they can win. This win would be as big a win as the Seahawks game given its a road game and in state rival. The Rams D line is starting to show some life, and with A Smith not being the running threat R Wilson was last week, I see more success in pressuring the QB. This will be a great test and moral booster if the Rams can pull this win out. As was mentioned last week, this is a young team and they need to learn to win!

Let go Rams!

fastcat

Pro Bowler
Only thing that scares me about the Chiefs is Jamal charles. He is the fastest RB we will face and we have a problem giving up the edges and screen plays... not to mention just basic wrap up tackling. Also that te kelce running wild in the middle of our defense once we get in those awful blitzes. If we minimize those 2 we can win

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=115&f=1837&t=13277910

Austin pettis?
Was waived by st louis today. He's not much but he's good enough to play on this team. Only making around half a million too.
----------
pass
---------
sign, could fit this O perfectly.
---------
he's not going to just all of a sudden go out for 70+ catches and 10 tds. focus on the guys we have and try to make them better.
---------
Claim him!!!
---------
Let's face it our wrs are terrible. Couldn't hurt to pick him up.
---------
He would immediately be in the conversation for second best WR on this team. Yes I realize how sad that is, but he's a guy who could be useful depth this year and maybe beyond. Claim him.
---------
Maybe I'm wrong about this but I believe the Rams don't exactly sport the greatest of WR corps. I can't think of anyone they have that is prolific. My point is this....this isn't like some deep WR corps like Atlanta where they just don't have space for him because of an over-abundance of talent or because they need to free some cap space.

While I agree our WR corps sucks I really think we need to think this through because there is obviously some reason they cut this guy even though they don't have much at WR. Why? That's what I'd like to know. Also, I really wish we'd give Wilson more of an opportunity. We may have an in-house solution but don't know it because we won't give him an opportunity.
----------
Tavon Austin, Brian Quick, Kenny Britt, Chris Givens, Steadman Bailey. A lot of guys underproducing, but from a talent standpoint they have plenty...
----------
Rams have talent at the position but no production. It wouldn't hurt to bring him in and take a look but I wouldn't get my hopes up.
----------
We play the Rams next week, he'll get a call
Yeah. The chefs were the first team that came to mind yesterday. He could help them.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
The chiefs defense shouldn't be underestimated. Charles may be the toughest back we will have to face. His speed could kill us if we don't get him at the line.
Not to worried about their wr.

We need to get up early. And make Alex beat us.

Last edited:

bluecollarram

Starter
Name
Dave
The chiefs defense shouldn't be underestimated. Charles may be the toughest back we will have to face. His speed could kill us if we don't get him at the line.
Not to worried about there wr.

We need to get up early. And make Alex beat us.
I agree with you. Alex Smith will kill the clock for us with a twelve play-six minute drive for a FG. Make him check down he will take them all day.
GO RAMS!!!

cracengl

Rookie
I'd feel much better about the prospects of a win if the defense was playing at the level of their potential, or even somewhere close. With all the crazy ineffective blitzing, the lost linebackers, and the until last game ghost town known as Sack City, I worry about Jamal Charles going wild--I know we've managed to contain a lot of good backs, but JC has the catching ability element as well. So I think we need to actually get the defense to show up and to continue the offensive progress we've seen. None of that is to say we don't still have a good shot. I just think we're going to have our hands full and need to be on top of our game (I guess you could say that about every game though too).

Psycho_X

Legend
Agreed with most, Jamal Charles is a game changer. Luckily our run defense has been better then it usually is but still susceptible to huge runs. especially since we have such terrible containment issues at times. Luckily Alex Smith isn't going to scare you outside the pocket so should help the run defense focus some. I like all the Chiefs fans are over confident. One of these days the Rams are going to play 60 minutes like they do their best 30 minutes the previous 4 or 5 games and a team and their fans are going to be left with their mouths touching the floor. Hopefully that starts this Sunday.

AZRamsFan93

Meh, they're an alright team, arguably the 2nd worst we've faced all year.
I don't know what to make of them. They very easily could have beaten SF on the road, and they did beat a good Chargers team in SD. Their home crowd is a big advantage as well.

I don't see this as an easy game.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Chief fans don't respect us...I sure hope the team feels that way, and we will kill them

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
On paper, I see this as a game we can win. But then two words blow up in my head similiar to the name "Dirk Diggler" blowing up in a young Steven Adams mind....
"Remember Minnesota"

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
Love how people think the only reason we beat the Seacocks was because of our special team "trickery." People forget, or more likely don't know, that we had a 75 yard KO return too. And we were up 14-3 before the "trickery" ensued. And I can't stress enough how huge the touchdown drive to push the game back to 2 possessions (in response to the Hawks comeback) late in the game was. Sure we may have used some "trickery" but we also scored 21 points on the Seattle defense

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Yeah, they're just as confident as the Seahawks. That's why reading opposing boards is so much fun after we win.

If you lose to STL, you lose all your mojo. Ask he Seahawks and TB.

I think the Seahawks are a better team than the Chiefs. We should win this game.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=287664

St. Louis Rams waive wide receiver Austin Pettis

The team waived receiver Austin Pettis Monday after more than three years with the team. He was taken in the third round in 2011, with receiver Greg Salas taken a round later. Salas was traded to the Patriots two years ago.

Pettis averaged 31.6 catches in his first three seasons with 11 starts. He struggled to carve out a big role from the slot and was inactive for the team's win over Seattle on Sunday. The Rams still have Brian Quick, Chris Givens, Tavon Austin and Stedman Bailey remaining from their recent draft haul.

We'd expect Pettis to find a job at some point this season. It wouldn't be a shock if the New England Patriots took a look at Pettis; offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels was in St. Louis when Pettis was drafted.
--------
Nope.

No more bottom rung free agents at this position... get me one top shelf free agent and atleast two draft - one in the top 2 rounds - picks in 2015.

By the time this yahoo halfway learned the offense this year, it'd be time to cut his ass.
---------
Turd
---------
Dumpster fire.
-------
Lets not waste our time, Alex has more than enough bullshitters to throw to.
-------
Pettis is fine for what he is. A possession WR with a nice wingspan who makes catches he shouldn't make more times than not.
--------
LOOKS LIKE RAIDERS MATERIAL TO ME.
--------
Austin Pettis has better hands than anyone on this roster at the WR position. Runs good routes. He'd be an immediate upgrade.
---------
Dude, he's just another bum... like I've been saying, by the time he's ready to contribute in a meaningful way, the seasons over.
--------
Praying for the next Eddie Kennison eh?