What Chiefs Fans Are Saying

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I don't think this is an easy game at all.

The Rams have had trouble with perimeter runners...that's exactly what Charles and Davis are. I thought the Chiefs were a .500 team entering the year, which is exactly where they stand right now...but I also would have thought they'd have lost to a couple teams they beat and vice versa.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
Jamaal Charles scares the hell out of me, we stop him and we got this. 3-4 baby!

iced

I see Rams as already having a slight advantage - our coaching staff and a starters have a lot of familiarity preparing for alex smith

the zohan

Rookie
Name
Macker
Lets see how GRob and the rest of the young guys deal with the crowd noise. This is definitely going to help the team when it comes time to play the seahags in their stadium.

Our D is the only thing that worries me in this game and that really blows my f'eing mind how our D is the Achilles heel of this team.

I love how teams are going to be worried about our ST now and if they don't Fisher better hurt them for sleeping on them. The Rams knock off KC at arrowhead then the team should be ready to catch the whiners coming off their bye and looking ahead at home.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I watched the Chiefs game Sunday. Meh. We play the way we are capable of we win.
I watched the game too, and KC may have a Tuff Defense, and a Good RB, but IMHO they're VERY Beatable!

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Jamaal Charles scares the hell out of me, we stop him and we got this. 3-4 baby!
No problem on this^ subject! They do have a second RB, Davis, they Like to use, has more yards than Charles, but tends to have the "Fumbles"! Rams 31-17 over KC!!

fancents86

Starter
Love how people think the only reason we beat the Seacocks was because of our special team "trickery." People forget, or more likely don't know, that we had a 75 yard KO return too. And we were up 14-3 before the "trickery" ensued. And I can't stress enough how huge the touchdown drive to push the game back to 2 possessions (in response to the Hawks comeback) late in the game was. Sure we may have used some "trickery" but we also scored 21 points on the Seattle defense
Probably bc all they do is watch highlights on espn. According to them, that's how we escaped with the win.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=287631

Let's talk about the Rams

I'm just a casual fan; I'm sure a big-timer like Rams Fan will get in here and correct me where ever he thinks I'm wrong.

The Rams, like seemingly everybody else, are battered by injuries, but they've actually recovered from them fairly well. They just got off winning a dreamer against the Seahawks, thanks in part to a couple ridiculous plays they won't be able to replicate (that crazy punt return, the 4th down fake punt).

They're not a team to scoff at, however.

Austin Davis is a sneaky good QB out of Southern Miss. He's been putting up really good numbers, completing 66% of his passes and has only put up one INT the last two weeks against the Seahawks and the 49ers. That's saying something.

Of course, he benefits from what is now a pretty damn good run game. They are stacked at RB. I've been high on Tre Mason ever since I saw him last year at Auburn, and he looks like a very tough runner who can hit a hole hard. They also have Benny Cunningham who looks even better, and of course Zac Stacy. Wow -- there's not a lot of teams that I think can run better than the Chiefs, but this team is just as good.

Thanks in part to the power of the OL. Roger Saffold sucked at tackle, but he's done very well at guard. Jake Long is also a #1 overall LT, and Joe Barksdale is a favorite of mine from LSU at RT. Davin Joseph I believe was a hell of a guard at Tampa, right? He's RG.

The Rams' offensive weapons is a veritable Who's Who of guys that aren't particularly dominant, but are all capable of a really good game and the occasional brilliant play: Austin Davis, Kenny Britt, Jared Cook, Lance Kendricks, Brian Quick, Austin Pettis, Stedman Bailey... There is not a weak talent in the bunch there, and it's a deep squad that will challenge your NCB and dime backs. Not a great matchup considering how thin we're getting in the secondary...

Of course, the strength of their team is DL. Chris Long is out, but they have one of the best passrushers in the league in Robert Quinn. Aaron Donald will absolutely embarrass whatever guard he's up against, and Michael Brockers and Eugene Sims are very capable too. The Rams have not been getting to the QB this season, but do not take that to mean that they can't -- they got like 3 or 4 sacks today against Russell ****ing Wilson.

They have some brilliant talent at LB -- Alec Ogletree and James Laurinitis are not surprise talents to anybody. I don't know who mans that other OLB spot, I think it's some guy named Dunbar, but yeah. Laurinitis is one of those "always around the ball" types and Ogletree is a crazy athlete.

Corner is the potential weak spot on their defense -- if, of course, we had any WR talent to exploit it. But they're starting rookie EJ Gaines on one side, many of the Missouri folks here are familiar with him, and Janoris Jenkins looks like he's a goner this week, and maybe for the season. I have no idea who they'll start there, but I'm underwhelmed by their options.

I like how this McLeod kid is playing at safety, but I don't like any of their other talents. I'm not too familiar, however, and I'll let someone like Rams Fan set us straight.

They have Legatron kicking kicks, so as long as they can get to midfield, they can nickel and dime FGs all day on us.

I had this game marked down as a sure win at the start of the year. But now it's clear that this is going to be a surprisingly tough game.
----------
I think the Rams replaced their starting LG with Greg Robinson, that was a big reason why they abused Seattle on the ground today. Robinson was destroying people up front.

Aaron Donald has been an absolute beast. He only has 2 sacks but he has a bunch of TFL to go along with them. He had multiple TFL against the Seahawks today.
---------
Watched last Mondays game with a Cards/Rams buddy of mine. He said that they play good first half ball, then make zero adjustments at almost every game. Sure enough, they led 21-0 IIRC at half then proceeded to get stomped in the 2nd half. Didn't see today's game but saw they had a good first half lead and then almost blew it again. I think if it's close or we're leading at half time, we win easily.
-------
This is a trap game. That team can literally play with anyone, Dallas, SF, Seattle.

Alex will need to complete 70 percent of his checkdowns to win.
---------
the ultimate in a meaningless game LOL
---------
I agree it's a trap game.

The Chiefs hardly ever stumble on trap games, however, under Reid. I learned that last year.

This team almost always brings it.
---------
Smith will have to be careful with any outs/curls to Jenkins' side, that guy loves to jump routes. I hope that Reid dials up a double move on him. Unfortunately, I doubt that the OL will be able to hold up long enough for Smith to make the throw, Donald is going to chew both of our guards to pieces.
---------
The Rams, until today, haven't been able to get to the QB but they have some great players individually. We all saw how Liuget dominated Mcgylnn (sp?) all day today. You're talking about having similar unfavorable 1-on-1s just like that at about three different spots on the line.

A couple positives: Fish seems to well against smaller speed guys so he may do well against Quinn, who hasn't even looked good, while Chris Long is out so hopefully our RT doesn't get abused.

In my opinion, this is the game where we pound the shit out of the rock. Jamaal, Knile, and DAT on turf in the dome should combine for 200+.

On the defensive side, they will run the ball on us, but who doesn't? We just let one of the worst rushing teams in the league average 5 YPC. They put in Greg Robinson at LG today and mauled the shit out of the Seahawks.

Austin Davis will also likely throw all over us, although none of their receivers scare me. I'm thinking he'll go for 275-ish with a couple TDs and no INTs because our secondary is allergic to picks. Jared Cook will be an issue..

Anyway, I'm back on the bandwagon and we own these ****ers. It'll be like a home game so I'm thinking we get an easy-ish W in St Louis.

We can hurt them with Kelce though and I hope that Reid dials up more plays for him.
----------
Probably better for us to have guys like Austin and Bailey on grass instead of turf.
---------
Robert Quinn: He's small-ish. More like a Von Miller (who Fish owns) than a JJ Watt. Know what I mean?

Fish tends to get bullied by stronger guys and I don't think we have to worry about that too much aha isn't a guy like Quinn.
---------
I'm more worried about Kendricks and Cook. Those guys are matchup nightmares.
---------
I'm 90% sure Jenkins will be out. Jenkins was carried off the field today. Looked like a super nasty leg injury.
--------
If you're referring to the one in the first half where a couple dudes landed on him and bent his leg awkwardly, he's fine. He returned to the game in the second half. Unless the injury happened after the Rams scored their final TD, he will play and be fine. I missed the very end of the game, but from what I saw, Janoris Jenkins went back in and didn't seem to miss a beat.
----------
Should be able to pick on their pass defense then.

In all honesty, it should be an easy win. The Rams aren't better than any of the defenses that we've already faced even with Donald and Quinn. Their offense isn't better than any that we've already faced. If Reid keeps going like he did today we shouldn't have a problem beating them.
---------
I think their defense is better than anyone we've faced. The 49ers come close but they had no passrushers.

We're going to have trouble with Quinn off the edge and Donald up the gut. I think we'll be able to handle the rest of their defense fine, but Donald and Quinn give me pause.
---------
Donald I agree but Quinn has been inexplicably absent this year.

Fisher did alright against Ware, I expect him to do the same against Quinn.
---------
I can't remember the stat but during the MNF game against the 9ers they had a huge stretch with no sacks and I remember Chucky making note of Quinn being on the sideline for an obvious passing down.

They may not rush the passer as well as we are giving them credit for. They'll invariably make smith run for his life some, but they're pass rush isn't what it should be on paper. At least through the 9er game.
--------
Quinn had 19 sacks last year, and got his first today, but only because they tried to block him solo with just the TE with no help from the tackle. It was a gimme sack if there ever was one.

He seems to be the second coming of Eric Hicks in the sack department. One great season and once people figure him out, he's invisible.
----------
Tre Mason looks like he may be a good player. Benny Cunnigham is ok. Stacy is being exposed as kind of a really poor man's Brandon Jacobs.

Not even close to JC and Knile Davis. Has Austin Davis played a road game against a decent defense? 27-13 Chiefs.

Dr C. Hill

Rookie
Name
Doc
I thought the Rams would beat Seattle, and I am certain that they will be the Chefs!

How can you be so certain you may ask?

That team has a 1 dimensional offense and a questionable starting o-line. Charles is a great player, but there is no reason given a week to prepare, that the Rams staff can't solve him. I know it is a tough place to play, (I was at the game a few years back when Dante Hall blew the boys in blue out by himself). They have a decent defense, but they can be had, especially on the ground. It seems to me like the Rams were built to beat a team like them.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This is the worst team for us(aside from actual elite teams). We gotta get our pass defense over the middle figured out because that's KC's bread and butter. Alex Smith is too scared to consistently go deep or attack the sidelines. The Chiefs rely heavily on their TEs and HBs. They love to attack the middle. Take that away. Keep Charles from hurting us by containing him and playing disciplined football. Alex Smith is the type that will hold the ball and take sacks rather than force it. Lets take him to the turf a few times in this one.

Offensively, we gotta limit the Chiefs edge rushers and blitzes. They have a talented front 7 that can get after the QB. Jake Long needs to be on his game. Same with Barksdale. Gotta be smart with our blitz pick-ups. Most of all, though, we need to establish the run like we did against Seattle.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Chiefs fans are going to find out real quick that Quinn is not a one year wonder. The first play Alex Smith holds onto the ball longer than 3 seconds, he'll be going to the ground.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
Who is Smith's backup? Alex hasn't had too much luck staying in the games against the Rams lately.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I actually like this matchup except for the fact it's a Chiefs' home game.

The Rams offense should be able to run and pass the ball on their defense. Chiefs are drawing the Rams at a bad time with Mason emerging in the running game, it is going to make this offense extremely dangerous. Only problem I could see in our offense vs their defense is false starts and the OL freaking over the crowd noise.

Defensively for the Rams it is pretty simple. Shut down the run and this game is winnable. Chiefs are nothing special without that running game IMO. Key to the game, as far as I'm concerned.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I actually like this matchup except for the fact it's a Chiefs' home game.

The Rams offense should be able to run and pass the ball on their defense. Chiefs are drawing the Rams at a bad time with Mason emerging in the running game, it is going to make this offense extremely dangerous. Only problem I could see in our offense vs their defense is false starts and the OL freaking over the crowd noise.

Defensively for the Rams it is pretty simple. Shut down the run and this game is winnable. Chiefs are nothing special without that running game IMO. Key to the game, as far as I'm concerned.

We could probably stack the box like we did against SF. I don't fear Alex Smith or KC's WRs.

The away game does concern me a bit because it could cause Davis, GR, and our OL some issues.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
Agree. I like the matchup here - but I have concerns with it being at Arrowhead. Other than that I'd give us the edge IF we can stop Charles and Davis. That's a big if. Like someone said - the factor that may well decide this one is how many 15+yd runs they break against us. We seem to do a good job shutting the run down then let them break a big one later in the game for some reason.

Added to that, we seem to play poorly off the back of a good game for some reason. The Rams need more consistency to start putting a streak together. We've seen we can hang with anyone in this league - but we don't always do it.