What Cardinals Fans Are Saying(Part 2)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Love it! Lay the wood and beat them down. Hope to see Gurley and TA go off against a week front. If RHav is back that line can get it done.

GO RAMS!!!

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
http://forums.azcardinals.com/showthread.php?70603-Cardinals-VS-Rams-What-s-your-score

Cardinals VS Rams What's your score?

Arizona 31 (10-2)
St.Louis 20 ( 4-8)
---------
Just come out healthy

28-17 us
--------
We are a better team than the Rams. We are a better team now and we were a better team at any time this season, in their stadium or in ours. That first loss this season still really bites. The Rams didn’t win that first game we beat ourselves. Some point to one play as the cause of our loss. It wasn’t just one play (dropped ball e.g.) that did us in, it was multiple plays where we failed to execute and score.

We were in the red zone 5 times with multiple chances to score a TD and came away with 15 points on 5 FGs, Even so we could have still won with the score 22 – 24 at the end of the 4th qtr. We were in Ram territory. We needed a few yards or a first down to be in safe field goal range. We threw a series of incomplete passes – unusual for us.

We gave up three turnovers including uncharacteristic fumbles by Fitz and got none ourselves. The Rams have a stout front four but we moved the ball pretty well on the ground (5.4 yard average) and in the air - 334 yards. For a total of 447 yards vs. 328 yards for the Rams. The killer for me was the fumble at the beginning of the game deep in our own territory that allowed the Rams to score a quick TD.

The best chance the Rams have is Gurley, he gashed us for 146 yards a 7.7 yard average, he will get his yards but I don’t think he will come away with a 7.7 yard or better average again. In the end I thought it was just a fated loss and a bad karma day for the Cards.

We will get even. 24 – 13. But I am hoping for 30 or better.
--------
Cards 31-10
--------
Going to be like a home game for us

28 to 20
--------
Cards 27
Rams 13
NO INJURIES!
-------
36-26 Cardinals
-------
Closer game than most expect. Cards - 24 Rams - 20
-------
24-21 Cards.

Just stay healthy and I'm good this week.
-------
28 -24 Cards another nail biter
-------
ARZ can contain Gurley like CIN clamped down on him (9 for 19 yards). When that happens, Foles will resort to the passing attack, maybe making 50 heaves and completing 30. CIN's defense picked off Foles 3 times and nearly got the shut out. ARZ could again get multiple INTs on Foles. STL has a few ok receivers. Foles could get about 250 yards by 00:00.

BA likely to call a more imaginative game compared to SF. With CJ out (IR yet?), BA has no choice. I don't see ARZ burying STL's defense on Sunday. I also don't see STL scoring much against ARZ's defense. STL lacks the overmatch tools.

Rams won't pack it in and will play hard, like SF. Pride game for STL.

Cards 31, Rams 7 or less.
--------
Cardinals 21- Rams 17

A brawl I am not looking forward to

Not scared of them. But we are losing players over the last
several weeks. This game is (mean) ingless to them but for pride
and thats the problem.

They are gonna hit us hard just to be mean.
--------
I agree with you 100%....they are going to throw out all the stops for this game...trick plays, etc. Plus, I think hurting other teams players is just part of their DNA. They have nothing else to play for than to ruin other teams seasons so this is what we're up against. I don't care if it's another 12-6 game like last season, as long as we don't lose players.
--------
Interesting game, I have a feeling Palmer is going to be lights out, he has bounced back from games where he has been inaccurate with laser games. On Sunday he was very inaccurate, his timing was off and he was putting the ball too far, behind, over, under, just about anywhere but where a receiver could catch it. If he bounces back this will be 300+ yards and a lot of points. 35-10
--------
Stop Gurley. Don't turn the ball over and the Cards win.

31 Cardinals
13 Rams
-------
http://www.revengeofthebirds.com/2015/12/2/9834776/cardinals-should-sit-out-palmer-this-game

Cardinals should sit out Palmer this game.
By AZ Sportshut

Or at least play him half the game. Right now Cardinals should be conserving players and playing keep away from offense to improve there chances come playoff time. Rams are not the team I want to be playing against this later in the season. They have nothing to lose, and Gregg Williams won't hesitate trying to target Carson Palmer all game with late hits and roughing the passer calls.

It would be wise to set Carson Palmer out this game and prepare back up Drew Stanton. I think we can manage a win with Stanton considering how bad the Rams have been playing. This is a game I dont feel too good about considering our history with the Rams and them injuring our QBs.

MountainRam

Rookie
Cards missing both starting RBs. Replacement RB has fumbling problems, Their OL line has been a mess the past 2-3 games. Palmer is getting beatup. They are missing 3 starters on DL (Rucker, Redding, Stinsen i think). They lost their #2 CB on other side of peterson.

They are more injury riddled than Rams. So give me Rams @ home. 28-17.

RamzFanz

Damnit
How do you create a Seahawks fan? Take a Cardinals fan and add some easy wins.

Cards beat Cinci. It's their single claim to fame this season. Them thinking they should sit players for the playoffs already is the epitome of arrogance. Their season is about to get real. I LOVE when teams think they were held from scoring TDs by the best TD preventing D in the NFL solely because of their own mistakes.

31-7 or less? Dude still isn't aware Foles isn't starting. Cardinals need a beat down just because their fans have become arrogant morons.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
So AZ, you think the Rams are dirty? Fine...

I'd like to see something along these lines from the Rams D then...:yess::death::rolllaugh::mrburnsevil:

Double Ditto's Bro!! The Rams ALWAYS have a lot of Fun with Cards QB's!!:D:death::deadhorse::snicker::cheers::banana::rockon:

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
How do you create a Seahawks fan? Take a Cardinals fan and add some easy wins.

Cards beat Cinci. It's their single claim to fame this season. Them thinking they should sit players for the playoffs already is the epitome of arrogance. Their season is about to get real. I LOVE when teams think they were held from scoring TDs by the best TD preventing D in the NFL solely because of their own mistakes.

31-7 or less? Dude still isn't aware Foles isn't starting. Cardinals need a beat down just because their fans have become arrogant morons.
I still think the NFL flip flopped the Rams and Cardinals season schedule by mistake.
The disparity of out of division road games/strength of opponent is laughable this year when you look at an 11 win vs 6 win team in 2014.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If Fisher doesn't get them ready to play after taking the heat last week then he's lost them .

DVontel

Rookie
I still think the NFL flip flopped the Rams and Cardinals season schedule by mistake.
The disparity of out of division road games/strength of opponent is laughable this year when you look at an 11 win vs 6 win team in 2014.
Ya'll got to play a good Steelers and a improved Bears team at home. While also hosting streaky teams such as Detroit and Tampa Bay. :rolleyes:

You know the NFL flip flops the home-and-home games every four years when facing AFC teams, so that's why we hosted a strong team like Cincy since we went on the road the last time we played them before this year.

But hey I know you wanted us to go on the road against Cincy, Minnesota, and Green Bay. Funny, each of those clubs we played against, all were on the road. :cool:

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
But hey I know you wanted us to go on the road against Cincy, Minnesota, and Green Bay. Funny, each of those clubs we played against, all were on the road

@ Chicago
@ Detroit
@ Pittsburgh
@ Cleveland
@ Philadelphia
home vs New Orleans
home vs Baltimore
home vs Cincinnati
home vs Minnesota
home vs Green Bay

@ Washington
@ Green Bay
@ Minnesota
@ Baltimore
@ Cincinnati
home vs Pittsburgh
home vs Cleveland
home vs Chicago
home vs Detroit
home vs Tampa

Thanks for giving us the cupcakes as home games. AZ got cupcakes for road games and all the tough opponents at UofP
Interesting stuff.

edit: we can't even beat the cupcakes at this point but...still. :whistle:

DVontel

Rookie
@ Chicago
@ Detroit
@ Pittsburgh
@ Cleveland
@ Philadelphia
home vs New Orleans
home vs Baltimore
home vs Cincinnati
home vs Minnesota
home vs Green Bay

@ Washington
@ Green Bay
@ Minnesota
@ Baltimore
@ Cincinnati

home vs Pittsburgh
home vs Cleveland
home vs Chicago
home vs Detroit
home vs Tampa

Thanks for giving us the cupcakes as home games. AZ got cupcakes for road games and all the tough opponents at UofP
Interesting stuff.

edit: we can't even beat the cupcakes at this point but...still. :whistle:

To be fair, you had the benefit of hosting those teams previously unlike us. I just looked at your series history vs each of those teams.

We went on the road for 3 straight years versus Minnesota, now we FINALLY get to host them again.
We hosted Detroit for 3 straight years, and then we finally traveled to Detroit this year.
We can't help Philly's collapse. Most people predicted them to be good this year.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
To be fair, you had the benefit of hosting those teams previously unlike us. I just looked at your series history vs each of those teams.
Previously when? When the Rams were still a 4th place team and the Cardinals were winning 10+ games ?
Bottom line is there's no reason whatsoever that the Rams coming off a 6 win, 4th place finish...travel to Green Bay, Cincinnati, Baltimore and Minnesota...yet the 11 win 2nd place team hosts ALL of them. This year.

The National talk has focused on the Cards easy schedule. I'm not making this up just because my team sucks right now i promise. :)

DVontel

Rookie
Cincinnati, Baltimore
You hosted these teams in 2011 when we played the AFC North the last time, correct? We went on the road against those two teams in 2011. According to how NFL scheduling works against out of conference teams:
  • Each team plays once against each of the four teams from a division in the other conference, with the assigned division based on a four-year rotation: two at home, and two on the road (four games).
Minnesota
The last 3 times we played against Minnesota, we played on the road all 3 times. Do you think it's fair to play them on the road for a 4th straight time? I don't think so man. Before this year, you guys were fortunate enough to host them 3 straight times.

Green Bay
We went on the road last time we played, you guys hosted them last time. Give or take for this one.

The National talk has focused on the Cards easy schedule.
Yea, before the Seattle and Cincy games. I know the media was talking about us not beating teams with a pulse, Pitt and STL(before the collapse). However, after we defeated Seattle in Seattle and then Cincy, the criticism has ceased. It might not be from you, but that is from what I've seen from most media outlets.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/vb/f4/such-classless-rams-fans-229168.html

Such classless Rams fans

Boy, they really hate BA!

http://ramsondemand.com/threads/cardinal-week.41719/
--------
If BA were available as a coach, I bet they'd trade Fischer for him in a heartbeat.
-------
Not sure why you guys are so enamored with other fans message boards. You expect them all to bow down and kiss our asses?
-------
Yes!

biggrin.gif

---------
http://www.azcentral.com/story/spor...-st-louis-rams-tv-radio-information/76688404/

Arizona Cardinals at St. Louis Rams: TV, radio information
azcentral sports

The Cardinals (9-2) are looking to sweep its three NFC West road games on Sunday in St. Louis against the division rival Rams (4-7).

Arizona won in a sloppy game against San Francisco last Sunday after a game-winning touchdown run by Carson Palmer in the fourth quarter. The Rams have lost four straight, including last Sunday against the Bengals.

Up next: Cardinals at Rams

When: Sunday at 11 a.m.

Where: Edward Jones Dome, St. Louis.

TV: Channel 10. (Play-by-play: Chris Myers; analyst: Ronde Barber; sideline reporter: Jennifer Hale).
--------
http://www.azcardinals.com/news-and...ardinals/c2937ca2-2f47-4946-a9d1-2b18283ebe58

David Johnson Switch Shouldn't Hinder Cardinals
Kyle Odegard/azcardinals.com

Starting running backs will always be glorified in the NFL.

They are regulars in the end zone, touch the ball more than anyone but the quarterback, and with the ever-increasing popularity of fantasy football, get analyzed breathlessly each week.

So it wasn’t a surprise to see a great deal of consternation after the Cardinals placed Chris Johnson – the NFL’s fourth-leading rusher – on injured reserve/designated to return with a tibial plateau fracture on Tuesday. The only way he plays again this season is if the team makes the Super Bowl.

"He was convinced it was a bruise, and it was going to be one week because he’s tough,” coach Bruce Arians said. “Then we got the MRI and it was a crack in it. He’s pissed. I’m pissed. But that’s football. We have to move on.”

While there’s no denying a move from Chris Johnson to rookie David Johnson for this week’s game against the Rams will change the offensive attack, the potential repercussions may be overstated.

High-profile running backs Marshawn Lynch, Matt Forte, Le’Veon Bell, Arian Foster and Jamaal Charles have all missed at least three games this season, with the latter trio done for the year. In the 30 games those five running backs have played, their teams have gone a combined 11-19. Without them, their teams are 18-7.

Outcomes hinge on much more than just one player, of course, and every offense would jump at the chance to have those guys in the backfield. However, the presence of a high-profile tailback is clearly not a prerequisite to winning.

Undrafted rookie free agent Thomas Rawls has stepped in seamlessly for Lynch in Seattle, averaging a robust 5.6 yards per carry. Pittsburgh’s DeAngelo Williams has an identical yards-per-carry average (4.9) as Bell did before he went down.

Little-known backs like Houston’s Alfred Blue, Chicago’s Jeremy Langford and Kansas City’s Charcandrick West and Spencer Ware have filled in capably enough.

“I think running back is one of the easier ones (to replace),” Arians said. “Now it’s different to replace Adrian Peterson, or a couple of guys like that. Chris was having a heck of a year, but David, given those same number of touches, I don’t think would be far behind that.”

While there is a ton of focus on running back production during the season, it may be more accurate to follow the money during free agency. Running backs don’t get much coin, and the Cardinals’ big move in March was to throw a five-year, $40 million deal at Pro Bowl guard Mike Iupati. A good offensive line can do wonders for whichever running back lines up behind them.

“You stick your blocks and you’re able to create seams for whoever has the ball,” left tackle Jared Veldheer said. “That’s what we hang our hat on, the run game stuff.”

The Cardinals were down their top two running backs – Ellington and Jonathan Dwyer – by this time last year.

Kerwynn Williams didn’t miss a beat, as he was pulled up from the practice squad and ran 19 times for 100 yards in a win against the Chiefs on Dec. 7 and had 15 carries for 75 yards against the Rams four days later. He averaged 4.6 yards per carry in five games, 1.3 yards better than Ellington’s average in 2014.

Williams has been on the practice squad for all but one game in 2015, and quarterback Carson Palmer said he was holding his breath in hopes another team didn’t sign him to its active roster. Williams was promoted to the Cardinals’ active roster in place of Johnson on Tuesday, and could see some carries with Ellington (turf toe) expected to sit.

“Hopefully I can live up to those high praises (from Palmer),” Williams said.

David Johnson leads the team with eight total touchdowns and is a threat both rushing the ball and catching it. He’s averaged 4.0 yards per carry, not far off from Chris Johnson’s 4.2, albeit in 161 fewer carries. He is expected to start on Sunday.

“It’s not like I haven’t been here throughout practice, in the game and preparing each week,” he said. “It’s nothing different. The only thing is that I’m playing a little bit more.”

The Cardinals may take a dip in rushing production without Chris Johnson. It’s also not out of the realm that a combination of Ellington, David Johnson and Williams matches or even surpasses the previous production.

It may not even matter if it’s quibble over a handful of rushing yards. As long as the running game doesn’t go completely belly up, the Cardinals are so talented in other areas they should remain among the NFL’s best teams.

“Chris has been such a great running back for as long as I can remember, so we’re definitely a different team, there’s no doubt,” Palmer said. “He was so great in pass protection. Obviously he had those plays where he bounced off guys and ripped off runs. He runs through arm tackles, he reads blocks really well – all those things he has, you don’t replace.

“So definitely things are changing, but our goals are the same. We expect to win no matter who we play.”
--------
http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2015/12/3/9833902/rams-cardinals-2015-picks-predictions-nfl-week-13

Cardinals vs. Rams 2015 picks and predictions: Experts unanimously taking Arizona
By Jon Benne@LordBenne

The Arizona Cardinals and St. Louis Rams have been going in opposite directions since their Week 4 matchup when the Rams upset the Cardinals at University of Phoenix Stadium.

Many thought that win might be the start of something special for the Rams. Todd Gurley had his coming out party, the defense was as dominant as ever and things were generally looking up in St. Louis. It has been a nightmare ever since, with the Rams losing five of their next seven games and all of their last four. Their only wins in that stretch have been over the lowly Cleveland Browns and San Francisco 49ers. At 4-7, their playoff hopes are rapidly dwindling.

Jeff Fisher made a change at quarterback after Week 10, benching Nick Foles for Case Keenum. However, Keenum suffered a concussion in Week 11 and had to sit out last week's game. He is questionable to return this week, but it might not matter who's under center against the Cardinals' defense, which ranks fourth in DVOA.

The Cardinals bounced back just fine from that loss to the Rams and now have a stranglehold over the division with a 9-2 record. One potential speed bump is the loss of Chris Johnson, who suffered a fractured tibia in Week 12. Johnson was placed on the injured reserve with a designation to return, which means he won't be eligible to play again until the Super Bowl, if the Cardinals make it that far. With Andre Ellington battling a toe injury, David Johnson will now be the full-time starter in the backfield.

Despite the loss of Chris Johnson, you won't find many people online willing to pick the Rams this time around. Every writer at both CBS Sports and SB Nation predicted the Cardinals to take care of business.

drasconis

Starter
Name
JA
Previously when? When the Rams were still a 4th place team and the Cardinals were winning 10+ games ?
Bottom line is there's no reason whatsoever that the Rams coming off a 6 win, 4th place finish...travel to Green Bay, Cincinnati, Baltimore and Minnesota...yet the 11 win 2nd place team hosts ALL of them. This year.

The National talk has focused on the Cards easy schedule. I'm not making this up just because my team sucks right now i promise. :)

OK everyone knows the schedule isn't some quiet backroom decision right - who you face home and away is a standardized formula?

http://www.fbschedules.com/nfl-16/2016-st-louis-rams-football-schedule.php

To see our scheduled opponents next year (2 still to be decided, but we know exactly how they are determined) or actually into the foreseeable future...
not fun we get AFC EAST next year....and travel to PATs.....sigh

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
OK everyone knows the schedule isn't some quiet backroom decision right - who you face home and away is a standardized formula?

http://www.fbschedules.com/nfl-16/2016-st-louis-rams-football-schedule.php

To see our scheduled opponents next year (2 still to be decided, but we know exactly how they are determined) or actually into the foreseeable future...
not fun we get AFC EAST next year....and travel to PATs.....sigh
New Coke was a formula too. It was discontinued internationally in 2002. :whistle:
th

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://forums.azcardinals.com/showt...about-the-rest-of-the-season-especially-vs-GB

Pessimist thread: I have a bad feeling about the rest of the season especially vs GB

This whole week I've been seeing indications that the Cardinals are going to have a harder time winning than ever before. EVERY team has the capability of beating us down really bad (with the exception of Philly, but hey, Any Given Sunday right?) either in a losing sense or an injury sense.

The Cardinals will probably win this Sunday, but at what cost? I think St. Louis is catching us with our pants down. Confidence is low within the defense, the secondary is trying new things with Powers out and B. Golden coming in, and the Running game will be experimenting as well. The Rams are going to come after this team's unknowns until we prove otherwise.

More injuries are going to happen this week and every week until the season ends for the Cardinals. Carson doesn't even need to be injured for this magical Cardinal season to come to a screeching halt. We're one Patrick Peterson injury away from the Secondary from being totally exposed and one D. Johnson injury away from the offense becoming completely one dimensional. Hopefully we get more players back from injury faster than we lose them, but every team left on the schedule will be very physical against us, starting with the Rams.

After the physical beating the Rams will put every player on this team (win or lose), then we have a short week against the soaring Vikings. I'd rather take a loss from Minn. than take another starting player injury. The Eagle's game I'm sure people are circling this game as a win, but remember its a road game in the middle of December. There's going to be cold joints, cold ligaments, and cold bones getting smashed that day.

Then there's GB. Thank goodness it's at home but now that Green Bay has had a resurgence, it don't be surprised if they win out the rest of the year, including against us. They beat a good Lion's Defense while GB had three back up linemen! Anything is possible for that team.

Finally, we have Seattle. This team could also run the tables the rest of the year. If my fears are founded, they could even steal the NFCW crown from right under our noses. At that point we might be lucky to just get a Wild card. Best case scenario, I see the Seahawks creating some injured cardinal players right before playoff time.

Enjoy our season while it lasted, fellas. It's not going to be pretty whatsoever from now on. Cardinals (10-6) Week 17.
--------
OMG ! ! ! OMG ! ! ! ! The SKY is falling ! ! ! ! The SKY is FALLING ! ! ! ! !
-------
Wow..your glass is not half empty...its got a hole in it
-------
You're absolutely right. I don't think we beat the rams, though... we will lose out most likely.
-------
We should do some back room deals where we give us their 2nd round picks and we promise to let them win
smile.png

---------
This board is filled with a gaggle of posters that are constantly talking doom about each game...and the season. And almost seem to relish the "I told you so". Really weird.
-------
The team is 21-4 in the last 25 games Palmer has finished. Just finished laying the wood to Seattle and Cinci. Even won a poorly played game in SF.

We have fewer injuries than most teams, and we'll be getting our people back as the season continues into the playoffs. We may lose another game or two, it's the NFL, but you don't usually see this kind of self loathing on teams that have a three game lead with five to play.
----------
http://www.revengeofthebirds.com/20...rams-nick-foles-will-start-at-qb-for-st-louis

Cardinals vs. Rams: Nick Foles will start at QB for St. Louis
By Jess Root@senorjessroot on Dec 4, 2015

usa-today-8844404.0.jpg

Joe Camporeale-USA TODAY Sports

Case Keenum has not passed the concussion protocol yet.

After getting benched in favor of Case Keenum, Nick Foles is getting another chance to play. St. Louis Rams starting quarterback Case Keenum has not yet passed through the concussion protocol and head coach Jeff Fisher announced (as reported by St. Louis Post-Dispatch beat writer Jim Thomas) Foles would get the start at home against the Arizona Cardinals.

Foles was the starter for the Rams for the first nine games of the season, only to be benched in favor of Keenum. Keenum suffered a concussion in that start, although he was never taken out of the game. Foles started the next game for the Rams .

Foles has struggled mightily for the Rams, except for when he played in Arizona and the Rams defeated the Cardinals 24-22. In that game, he threw for 171 yards and three touchdowns. Since then, in six games, he has thrown for only two touchdowns and eight interceptions, including three picks without a touchdown last week against the Cincinnati Bengals.

Fisher said Keenum would either be inactive or he would be second string for the game this Sunday if he passes the concussion protocol.

Foles has had success in his career against Arizona. In three career starts, he is 2-1 against the Cardinals, has completed over 60 percent of his passes and has thrown for eight touchdowns and two interceptions, good for a passer rating of 96.5.

In his one career loss against the Cardinals last season, he still threw for over 400 yards, although he did throw his two career picks against them in that game.

The Rams have lost four straight games and have been a mess on offense. Foles has been part of the problem. But with the success he has had against the Cardinals, are you worried?
-------
Dang
Was hoping we’d get to face Keenum. Now I am a little worried about this game.
-------
We CANNOT give him time
and we need to stay in coverage.
He had a few deep passes against us in week 4.

But obviously, first priority is to shut Gurley down!
-------
Need to dial up some pressure
and hit him in the mouth early. Foles gets off his game quickly when he gets hit early.
-------
Foles does not bother me this time around. Reading the Cards, I see handfuls of INTs in his future, and some big angry men.