What Cardinals Fans Are Saying(Part 2)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
The Cardinals just lost their starting running back Chris Johnson.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/11/30/cardinals-lose-chris-johnson-to-fractured-tibia/

Cardinals lose Chris Johnson to fractured tibia
Posted by Michael David Smith on November 30, 2015

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznpwi4mdy2zte2ogeyn2e0ngniztfmmwu1odg0mze2njbh-e1443819383209.jpeg
AP

The impressive comeback season for Cardinals running back Chris Johnson has hit a bump in the road.

Johnson has suffered a fractured tibia, according to Jay Glazer of FOX Sports. It’s not clear how much time Johnson will miss, but it’s likely a significant period of time.

That’s a big blow to the Cardinals: Johnson is fourth in the NFL with 814 rushing yards this season and has been a big part of the 9-2 Cardinals’ offense.

With Johnson out, David Johnson and Andre Ellington will split carries in Arizona’s backfield. Ellington, however, is dealing with a toe injury, and his prognosis is uncertain. So the depth in the Cardinals’ backfield may have just gone from a strength to a weakness.
----------
If David Johnson can hold onto the ball, he’ll be better than CJ – who was showing signs of slowing the last couple of weeks.
--------
I wanna say tough loss, but it has been clear the last few weeks that he has hit the wall. David Johnson should be more than capable of filling the void as long as he secures the ball. He was drafted in the 3rd round by us for a reason, just taking the reigns a little sooner than the Cardinals expected/wanted.
---------
Ellington has turf toe. He’s going to get ruled out too. Get ready for some RB tryouts in Arizona.
--------
Sure does suck for the team and for Chris Johnson. Go swipe up Bryce Brown off of the Seahawks practise squad. He’s secure holding the ball, had power and one-cut dash and can receive well out of the backfield. Best part is he’ss all of 24 years old, too.
--------
Prediction-David Johnson will run for 100 yards and 2 td’s this weekend vs St.Louis.

A realistic and depressed Rams fan
----------
http://forums.azcardinals.com/showthread.php?70593-Latest-injury-update/page4

Latest injury update

As long as David doesn't fumble everytime, Im comfortable with him as our lead back. Shows good power finishing runs. Great hands. Very fast.

Knocks:
- fumbles
- terrible pass protector for such a big guy
- not quick through the hole
- fumbles
--------
Wow! But honestly, he was wearing out.. His YPC where at 3.1 yard versus 5.7 the first two months
--------
Its the Oline, not our RBs.

3.7 yp is more than enough to convert 3 and 1.

Not when your Oline cant produce 1.0 yp.
---------
Your knocking the guy for not maintaining 5.7 ypc? Jeez, prime Adrian Peterson might be the only guy who can do that for a season.

3.7 is not bad, considering the way this Oline has been run blocking. I like the guy, but Iupati has been a big let down in the run game. Larsen got graded as the worst G in the league per PFF. Sendlein cant push a shopping cart off the line.
-----------

I am pushing the panic button Here we go again with that Next man up bull S... and not only this we have those *** hawks to worry about they are getting hot on the right time. The season to be jolly!!
----------
http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/vb/f4/cj-and-ae-injuries-229082-2.html

CJ and AE Injuries

We were 9 & 1 last season, and the bottom fell out...
We're 9 & 2. CJ goes down. Ellington goes down. Powers goes down and we'll now be looking at a WR playing nickel corner... Coop is out. Frostee is out. Redding is out...
This is just so Cardinal-esque... Dammit!
---------
AE has that turf toe monster.
---------
http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/vb/f4/cards-v-rams-bold-predictions-229057.html

Cards v Rams: Bold Predictions

Ok...IMO, the best way to get the stink of today's ugly game out of the air, is to start looking to next Sunday and the Rams...So, let's get some bold predictions going...

I predict CJ will break out of his funk and not only out-rush Gurley, but will set the Cardinals single game rushing record!
---------
this is the first time I predict a loss this season. We're super banged up and struggle in general against that Rams club. Hope to be proven wrong.
---------
I would just sit Palmer don't need any repeats of last year...
sarcasm.gif

--------
I don't think CJ was in a funk. I think the run blocking was dreadful for whatever reason. And now he is hurt. Let's hope its not serious.
-------
cards will thump the rams 34 to 10.
------
Prediction??
"Chippy" play by the Rams from start to finish...Better keep our heads on a swivel. ...And give as well as receive. Hey, it is Christmas!
biggrin.gif

-------
This.....and then some.

The Rams aren't going to the playoffs, and would love nothing more than to spoil it for us, which means they'll gladly pay a 20 to 30k fine to break our QB again.
-------
This Rams game scares me. Not only as in struggling against Rams, but knowing the Rams history of hurting our guys as well. Hopefully we can go into St. Louis and get out of there with a win. So my bold prediction is the Cards come out of there with no major injuries
-------
20-14 rams
--------
If they play like today, they'll get blown out...id rather just sit Palmer m, as they will be out to hurt him...
--------
I will say what I did last time. They have the any given day shot and that's it. So much for how great they are after the first game.

31-17
-------
If our Oline continues to play like today the Rams Dline will eat them for lunch.

Do not feel good about this game. A must win to keep the lead over Seattle who is starting to gel.

Cardinals come out flat and try to rally at the end and fall short. We beat ourselves.
---------
I wonder what would happen if BA made Palmer inactive and publicly announced that it was because the rams have a history of hurting qb's.
--------
Gurley goes for 180... Foles tosses 3 TD's (because he'll have an eternity in the pocket).
Not sure if that will equate to a loss for the Cards, but frankly, I almost don't care... I'm more concerned with getting out of St Louis with our healthy (as fragile as it is becoming) in tact!
---------
I think the Rams are widely regarded around the league as a dirty team. This will just bring it to the forefront in the media.
--------
Another close game that we barely win. I'd be happy to escape with no injuries
--------
We couldn't tackle Tavon Austin in the first game. On that turf he's even more explosive.
---------
No one gave us a chance last year in STL. We won. I'll take AZ in this one, again.
--------
We are going to blow them out
smile.gif

--------
I predict pain.
--------
Dude, the Rams are hella bad right now. However, if there is a look past game, this is it. Next game is the Thursday nighter against a very tough Vikings team.
--------
They've always been a hella bad road team and much tougher at home.

And after almost losing to the worst team in football, there's no way next week can be a look past game, especially since the Rams beat us at home this year AND talked MAJOR smack about us after.
--------
I predict that this will be the last time we play against a Jeff Fisher coached team.
---------
Start Stanton and take a loss, Rams are playing like ass lately but they always play good against us, they aren't going anywhere, but we are.
---------
I am almost to this point.

Literally all I want out of this game is the majority of our players, especially Carson, healthy.

If the Rams end his season I am going to be pissed.
---------
Take a loss?! Wait what? Are you kidding me!? Hell no. We want revenge and this game is critical for home field advantage over Minnesota and Green Bay. No days off.

Did the patriots take a week off because they are scared of injury? Hell no.
--------
Sometimes Carson just needs to get the damn ball out of his hands and stop taking hits.
---------
We are the most hated team in the division this year so other teams like the Rams who are out of it or nearly so will rise up to give us their best game like the 49ers just did.

It's a sign of respect but makes for a worse gauntlet to run than other teams may have to endure.
--------
The Cardinal defense shuts down Foles and pick him off twice. Gurley gets his yardage but it doesn't affect the outcome of the game. The Cardinals are able to run enough to keep play action effective. Palmer will get sacked but just once or twice. Final score 24-10 Cardinals.
--------
31-28 Rams
--------
Some of you guys don't really know BA. No way he would ever lay down especially against Jeff Fisher and Greg Williams.
--------
DJ will get 60-70 yards and Taylor will get 20-30. Brown and/or Nelson are going to be used to run a couple of reverses. 100+ yards total is enough to keep the Ram defense honest or at least respect the run.
-------
We need Jeff Fisher to stay in the division so the Rams won't finish the season near or above .500 anytime soon.
--------
Ha! You beat me to it. We need Jeff Fisher to hang around as looong as he wants. As soon as they get an offensive minded head coach (and a qb), they will be hard to beat. Hopefully that takes a couple more years to happen. And by then, they will have to start paying some of these first rounders on the DL. They won't be able to keep them all.

I wonder what Vegas will put the line at. After that performance yesterday, another tough defensive front, division opponent, on the road, I wouldn't be surprised if they have this game real even. If you were a better, you'd be crazy to bet on this game.

Bold prediction: Seeing that the OL needs help, not wanting to get Palmer injured, DJ Humpries dresses for the first(?) time and is used for jumbo packages and max protection.
--------
I do hope the Cards get a lead and can sit Carson in the fourth, though. I don't want to see any garbage-time head-hunting.
--------
I want the Cards to beat them so bad, so embarrassingly, that the Fisher hot-seat stories really do go into overdrive. I want him fired at the end of the year.
-------
Yeah, but he's happy to trade in those wins for opposing QB scalps. He's happy to let cheap shots substitute for actual team toughness.
--------
I predict fans on this board will jump off the proverbial ledge or they will want to because even if they do win there will be something to complain about.
wink.gif

As for Fisher, he's done in STL. Like it or hate it, he's done.
-------
Evan Silva ✔@evansilva
#Rams during 4-game losing streak: Only 4 sacks in 4 games. Gurley 3.13 YPC. D getting destroyed by TEs. Averaging 12.8 ppg on offense.

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
I'm not sure why any team would fear the Rams right now. We are the epitome of underperformance. I'd like to say we'll man up because its a division game, but right now I don't have any faith in our HC.
Ariana may be an asshat and smug mothertrucker but he's one hell of a coach.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I'd love to say Fisher will get them up for a divisional rival. But it sure looked like they mailed it in yesterday. It had all the appearance of Fisher losing the team. The defense doesn't look as good as earlier in the season. The offense never looked good. I can't see how they even have a chance at covering the spread.

fancents86

Starter
"Ha! You beat me to it. We need Jeff Fisher to hang around as looong as he wants. As soon as they get an offensive minded head coach (and a qb), they will be hard to beat. Hopefully that takes a couple more years to happen. And by then, they will have to start paying some of these first rounders on the DL. They won't be able to keep them all."

Hate reading this, but it's the truth

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Gurley goes for 180... Foles tosses 3 TD's (because he'll have an eternity in the pocket).
Not sure if that will equate to a loss for the Cards, but frankly, I almost don't care... I'm more concerned with getting out of St Louis with our healthy (as fragile as it is becoming) in tact!
I Hope this guy is right!!
Dude, the Rams are hella bad right now. However, if there is a look past game, this is it. Next game is the Thursday nighter against a very tough Vikings team.
Yah! Keep thinking like this! It's a great way to get your Ass Beat!!

D L

Rookie
Name
Dylan
They're scared.

I thought Arizona would beat our ass the first time and it didn't happen. I think they will beat our ass this week.

On the other hand, we will probably play out of our ass and win and then suck for another 2 weeks, just because that's what Fisher's Rams teams do.

RamzFanz

Damnit
I like that Keenum will be in. We know what Foles can offer and it's not enough behind this line. I'll take the wildcard with legs.

Also, Quinn will probably be back which means sacks will probably be back.

Cardinals almost lost to the Niners. The Niners. Rams can win this if they can get to Palmer and keep the score low. (y)

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
I like that Keenum will be in. We know what Foles can offer and it's not enough behind this line. I'll take the wildcard with legs.

Also, Quinn will probably be back which means sacks will probably be back.

Cardinals almost lost to the Niners. The Niners. Rams can win this if they can get to Palmer and keep the score low. (y)

Still want to see Mannion get the start. That Cards secondary would be the ultimate test for him. But, eh....I guess it doesn't really matter who we play at QB.

This feels like one of those weeks were we explode because Fisher actually changes something.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Still want to see Mannion get the start. That Cards secondary would be the ultimate test for him. But, eh....I guess it doesn't really matter who we play at QB.

This feels like one of those weeks were we explode because Fisher actually changes something.

I wouldn't be upset with a Mannion or Kennum start with a short leash. Mannion would be at a huge disadvantage though.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What Cardinal fans are saying? Who cares? Arians likes to make fun of the "always .500 team" yet his own franchise took what 60 years to win a playoff game? Has been in Arizona close to 30 years and made 3 or 4 playoff appearances? So what does that make it they're always the bridesmaids? Good enough to be one but never good enough to get married? Guess we're just always guests at the wedding.

Now that I'm done acting like Arians and being a bitter lil female dog they have a pretty good team and are well coached. Fisher almost always manages to get the Rams to play above themselves in division games and at home particularly. Nobody knows what we'll see on the field but I hope it's entertaining.

DVontel

Rookie
What Cardinal fans are saying? Who cares? Arians likes to make fun of the "always .500 team" yet his own franchise took what 60 years to win a playoff game? Has been in Arizona close to 30 years and made 3 or 4 playoff appearances? So what does that make it they're always the bridesmaids? Good enough to be one but never good enough to get married? Guess we're just always guests at the wedding.

Now that I'm done acting like Arians and being a bitter lil female dog they have a pretty good team and are well coached. Fisher almost always manages to get the Rams to play above themselves in division games and at home particularly. Nobody knows what we'll see on the field but I hope it's entertaining.
He doesn't own the franchise my man.

Pretty sure he was just criticizing the Rams in the Jeff Fisher-era with that remark.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He doesn't own the franchise my man.

Pretty sure he was just criticizing the Rams in the Jeff Fisher-era with that remark.
I realize that and my comment was more tongue in cheek and could have been blue font. But the point is valid, he's still a bridesmaid without a lot to brag about until he's taken the team to a Super Bowl.

I guess it all comes down to how you handle success, some like Walter Payton, handled it with style and class. Hand the ball to the referee don't act like a clown act like you've been there before. He didn't need to tell you how great he was because people saw it in what he did. Some people have to fling mud at those that are worse than them.

Best of luck this Sunday, and I still say my trip there this year was one of my better game road trips and that includes the many to St Louis.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
oh you dirty dirty Rams. you injured our QB last year with a tug on his jersey! you dirty dirty Rams

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
The ones calling the Rams chippy are correct.

The ones calling the Rams dirty have just been pussified by this new age NFL that protects the QB like the President.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
I'm getting so freaking sick and tired of everyone calling us dirty. Go freak yourselves. A holes.

fearsomefour

Legend
What a bunch of whiny Cs.
Our pro-bowl QB got injured last year not getting hit....they are dirty cheaters....go impale yourself on a cactus.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
http://www.revengeofthebirds.com/2015/11/30/9822640/another-cardinals-december-collapse-coming

Another Cardinals December Collapse Coming?
By Lionheart49 on Nov 30, 2015

With the injury news of Chris Johnson now out for the season as well as key injuries to Andre Ellington and Jerrard Powers, is this the beginning of the end for the Cardinals?

A tough divisional game against the Rams looming and a Thursday night game on a short week against Adrian Peterson and the Vikings, will the Cardinals survive the gauntlet?

Carolina is at the top and Seattle is catching their groove at the right time, there is the possibility that the Cardinals would end up facing Seattle in the playoffs.

Now that the Cardinals offense is one dimensional to opposing defenses without a true backfield threat, they will force Carson Palmer to throw the ball 40 times a game, risking him to more hits.

Will history repeat itself again?
--------
Palmer is 3-2 in December (2013) with a worse OL and terrible run game.
That includes a W @ Clink. The two losses were against two very good playoff teams the 49ers and Eagles and both by a field goal. I will happily take a 3-2 record in Dec/Jan because that means we win the division at 12-4 and probably the #2 seed.
--------
Without any run game though
a deep playoff run is not likely.

We all saw what a "terrible" 49er team did to the Cardinals offense. Then what will a "beatable" Carolina team in NFCCG or Seattle in the Divisional Game do?
--------
That terrible 49er team also held GB to 17, ATL to 16 and Seattle to 20 points at home. They already beat the Vikings at home.
Those are all playoff teams the niners D held in check at Levi. Cards will be fine.
------
Boy did we collapse in December last year.
Let’s see, we lost our first string quarterback and our second string quarterback late last year. Did we already lose both this year? Uh, no. Therefore, history is not repeating itself. We haven’t lost a game in the last 5 and we beat the 3rd highest ranked team in the NFL and put 30+ points on the best defense in the NFL.

Where is all this hate coming from? How about we see how the next couple of games pan out and if we loose maybe 2 or 3, then we talk about falling apart in December. Why am I wasting my time in this post.

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
It's funny how everyone thinks we are dirty when most other teams have more personal fouls / roughing penalties than we do...

Are we the new Raiders of the NFL?

RedRam

Pro Bowler
So AZ, you think the Rams are dirty? Fine...

I'd like to see something along these lines from the Rams D then...:yess::death::rolllaugh::mrburnsevil: