Cardinal Week

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I remember when I circled these Az games. Bruce Arians pissed me off so badly last year - I considered them the two most important games of the year.

In Az was an incredible game. Remember that? Gurley running into the open field just to make sure he went down in bounds?

Remember how much better our offense was going to be with Gurley emerging?

And then the Honey Badger saying the Rams didn't do anything special - that they beat themselves. Just more fuel for this game ....

.... or at least it should have been. Instead, they are working on a first round bye and an MVP bid for Carson Palmer and we are mocking the 2016 draft.

I hope we derail these jabroneys.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Let's injure us a QB

I know thats blue font, but its a point to address anyway - thats not how I want to derail them. I want to break their spirit - not their ligaments. I want to leave Palmer bulgarized - or whatever term we put to it. I want Fitz, Floyd, and especially Smoky Brown terrified to ever cut inside on a route again - but I want them all to finish the game.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I don't hate the Cardinals. Yeah, I want to beat them... But for whatever reason I respect them. I like them as a team collectively for who they are.

Yeah, yeah, Arians spouted off but that's competition speak. We all talk trash in that environment.

PS: I never want to injure anyone. Only hit them hard. FRO was just kidding via blue font, too.

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
I don't hate the Cardinals. Yeah, I want to beat them... But for whatever reason I respect them. I like them as a team collectively for who they are.

Yeah, yeah, Arians spouted off but that's competition speak. We all talk trash in that environment.
I think the respect comes from the fact that they are the team we are supposed to be.

Badass defense - check
Good rushing team - check
Good HC - check
Tough team - check

They do the things we are supposed to do, and have done so since Arians became HC. Hard not to respect the workmanlike approach of that team.

Athos

Legend
image.jpg
Maybe HoneyBadger was right about us.

Seems likely.

That ARZ game is like a distant memory from eons ago.

FRO

Legend
I know thats blue font, but its a point to address anyway - thats not how I want to derail them. I want to break their spirit - not their ligaments. I want to leave Palmer bulgarized - or whatever term we put to it. I want Fitz, Floyd, and especially Smoky Brown terrified to ever cut inside on a route again - but I want them all to finish the game.
I agree. Just reading what their fans are saying about us thread and they genuinely feel we intentionally hurt their QB.

SuperMan28

Hall of Fame
I just don't think we have any mojo. It got depleted in MIN and bottomed out in the following weeks.

May be the worste single season collapse I've ever witnessed by the Rams.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I remember when I circled these Az games. Bruce Arians pissed me off so badly last year - I considered them the two most important games of the year.

In Az was an incredible game. Remember that? Gurley running into the open field just to make sure he went down in bounds?

And then the Honey Badger saying the Rams didn't do anything special - that they beat themselves. Just more fuel for this game ....

.... or at least it should have been. Instead, they are working on a first round bye and an MVP bid for Carson Palmer and we are mocking the 2016 draft.

" The Season Ain't Over until it's over!!" The Cards, Sea-Hags, & Whinner's haven't beat us Yet!! It all starts with winning in your Division!!

fearsomefour

Legend
I agree. Just reading what their fans are saying about us thread and they genuinely feel we intentionally hurt their QB.
Then they are fools.
By grazing his shoulder?? There wasn't even a hard hit on Palmer.

azcards

UDFA
Then they are fools.
By grazing his shoulder?? There wasn't even a hard hit on Palmer.

Yep. Palmer's ACL decided to go on vacation by itself. IIRC, the rams defender got one hand that glanced his shoulder, Palmer took one step up and it tore.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
I was at the game in AZ, and we played great. But it seems so long ago and we have just gone off in the wrong direction since then. I see this close, but it will be the same story line as past weeks. Defense plays hard and puts forth a great "EFFORT," but the offense will spit and sputter worse than a cheap date on prom night. Gurley will be keyed on through out the game and the Cards defense will stack the box forcing us to throw... ugh. The good thing is we're home for the next three games. I hope fans will turnout for the games, but I can't blame them for staying home. I'm sure Stan will be in his cozy Southern California beach house worrying about his "Hair Style."

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
I wouldn't go as far to say I respect the Cardinals, I just don't mind them as the least offensive alternative within the division. I used to consider Cardinals fans kindred spirits, as long-suffering and snakebit as Rams fans, but there's a lot of new Cardinals fans bubbling up that don't seem to comprehend their history and are way too cocky about their newfound success. I think they are still a bit overrated even if the Bengals win gave them some much needed legitimacy. But after losing all the other more winnable games to ruin the season, this seems exactly the game the Rams will somehow win.

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
I think Arians has passed Carroll on my most despised list. But no one will ever top Belicheat.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I want to be pissed at Arians for what he said last year. But the only thing wrong about it was the always 8-8 part. I wish we were always 8-8. So in all honesty, he paid a compliment we didn't deserve.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Rams will win Sunday.
This is a typical fisher win. Just when you think the team is down they get up and smack somebody.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
Man, losing Chris Johnson is a big loss for the Cardinals. Doesn't mean we'll put up any........ more points on offense to keep up, though. Sigh. - the Grinch

RamzFanz

Damnit

Dude, the o-line, bad as it was, is now in complete collapse. Gurley is who we thought he was, he just needs the tiniest of holes. Seams even. And, god willing, if Havenstein is back, he may just get it. He just may.

Cardinals have beaten exactly ONE winning team in Cinci. Their impressive stats need to be taken with a pound of salt. They are coming to our house and, again, god willing, Quinn and Johnson will be back. Rams COULD field a winning team. I like Keenum this game, again, if he comes back, because he may or may not throw better than Foles, but he can move and with this line, he will have to.

Let Keenum scramble. Let him throw a few accurate bombs like he did with Givens, let Gurley have some daylight, let TA have the goddamned ball, and there is real hope.

Lots of ifs, but it's very possible we could harass the shit out of AZ and take the game. They are good, but not as good as they think they are.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo

You disappoint me CGI. Competition speak? My definition of competitive speak is talking and/or jabbing before a game or leading up to a face off of any kind. Arians' comments immediately following a 6 point win were bitch made, and completely unwarranted. Classless at it's finest. It's not like Fisher & the Rams were talking out of their ass all week prior either...if that were the case then yeah, take your lumps in public.

Even penis face Pete Carroll hasn't gone there. Arians is a turd.

azcards

UDFA
Dude, the o-line, bad as it was, is now in complete collapse. Gurley is who we thought he was, he just needs the tiniest of holes. Seams even. And, god willing, if Havenstein is back, he may just get it. He just may.

Cardinals have beaten exactly ONE winning team in Cinci. Their impressive stats need to be taken with a pound of salt. They are coming to our house and, again, god willing, Quinn and Johnson will be back. Rams COULD field a winning team. I like Keenum this game, again, if he comes back, because he may or may not throw better than Foles, but he can move and with this line, he will have to.

Let Keenum scramble. Let him throw a few accurate bombs like he did with Givens, let Gurley have some daylight, let TA have the goddamned ball, and there is real hope.

Lots of ifs, but it's very possible we could harass the crap out of AZ and take the game. They are good, but not as good as they think they are.

Technically 2 if we are going off current records. :)