What Bucs Fans Are Saying

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
http://www.bbs.tbaybucs.com/topic/24073-game-2-general-discussion-thread/

Game 2 General Discussion Thread

Lets try to look forward...with another game coming up. This week we face the St. Louis Rams, who will probably play a 3rd string QB. Their defense is like Carolina's...but with an actual secondary. Could be another tough game
-----------
the Vikings just put up 34 on them.. versus a whopping.. 6. The Vikings.... with Matt Cassel at the helm.. I'm confident. We'll right our wrongs here.

Also: I expect a makeshift line to play a lot better. Mankins going down really ****ed us. Gilkey looked alright though, and hopefully he gains himself as a starter. Need to get that line fixed or we're ****ed all year.
-----------
There defense on paper looks good but they sure didn't show up to play against the Vikings. Two teams who really underachieved with shaky QB situations and running games that have potential but did not produce Week 1.

This game is almost a replica of what we faced with the Panthers. Backup QB, two back system, young WRs, awesome D-line, decent LBs, and a so so secondary.
-----------
6-3 Rams. Everyong remembers the 1999 Bears but is upset to see the Buccaneers on the losing end of a god awful game.
----------
I don't like the match up with our offense vs their defense. Their D-line will likely over power out O-line and McCown will be truly running for his life. The Vikings beat them yesterday because they had a ton of speed on the field. But we don't have an Adrian Peterson or a Cordarrelle Patterson. So our slow, methodical pace will play right into the Rams hand.
-----------
We are ****ed against them. I just don't see a win unless we score on defense or special teams.
----------
This game will provide a little more optimism, I truly believe the Rams are still shell-shocked from losing Bradford. Our offensive line will look a lot better, Mankins will be back, and we will pull out a close one, but a close one where we show improvement.

The defense will be dominant, we get two takeaways and Lovies motto is proven true.
-----------
I like our chances so long as like 8 guys don't get hurt during the game again.
-----------
Actually that may be the only change Tampa has; Eight rams players getting hurt could make the game end up 6-3 Bucs instead of 6-3 Rams. Especially if one of the people hurt is the Rams kicker.
-----------
If 4 of the 8 are their starting Dline then we have a chance.
----------
Should prove to be an interesting game, both teams are in the process of evolving in the right direction while both are very much in their infancy. Both have some talent but little continuity and no identity as yet.
----------
I think that playing Carolina should give us a really good leg up on playing the Rams. They are very similar in a lot of ways, though the Rams LB corps is a large downgrade from Kuechly-Davis. We need to take what worked against Carolina's defense, and throw the rest out the window. I don't like the deep drops and slow developing routes that we constantly ran in the first half, nor do I like the slow developing counter/power sweep plays that we tried all game. We need to stick to the 6-8 yard routes where Evans and VJ can just beat the corner and the ball is out of McCown's hand.

One of them could easily break a long one. Mix in some draw plays and a few deep shots on PA, preferably after a few first downs so that their pass rush is waning in freshness, but work the out routes and the TE over the middle. If we could learn how to screen, this would be a good week to put them in as well.

Defensively, they don't have a single matchup problem, so our Tampa 2 should be used as a changeup. Send in Lavonte and Foster regularly so that the QB must deliver the pass quickly and under duress. Once they are on their heels a bit, playing zone will be more advantageous, but we simply cannot allow the QB to get into the game early.

The reason I lean towards the Bucs here is really a function of home field advantage, little else. This one will be a low scoring game with either defenses have more to do with winning than the offenses.
----------
That's actually very similar to how the Vikings offense game planned against their defense. Short, quick passes, bubble screens, attacking on the perimeter, misdirection, end arounds etc....that would be a great way to attack them this week. That said we don't have the special athletes that the Vikings have to employ that kind of game plan.

The last thing I want to see is Mike Evans on a bubble screen trying to make people miss. We need to run the ball early and often and stay in manageable 2nd & 3rd down situations. The run game will be the key against their defense. If we can have success there it'll slow that pass rush down and then McCown can make plays down the field.
---------
Our guys won't run away from them, but their size and strength could turn a 6 yard hook into a big play. Bottom line, our line won't hold up against theirs if we try 5 and 7 step drops regularly. It needs to be quick passing and perimeter running. Rainey could be in for a good day out of the backfield, and really, Charles Sims probably would have been a great asset in this matchup.
-----------
I still say pass the ball, positive plays with runs mixed in. Its easy to say establish the run so you can pass, I say go against the grain and make things happen. We need to establish ourselves as an (its a passing league team).

We tried the norm last week and its the same ole losing formula, play harder and better than the man in front of you. I think we have not reached the point where we have very many players exhibiting that mindset and when they can prove it - that way will work much better.

Making holes to have good runs or buying time for the QB to make a pass. I take the latter to make things happen.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Not sure which is my favorite:

"Couple of bus accidents, the Bucs are right back in the race."

"We barley lost week one, barley."

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
I really like how they just look at last week's score and assume our defense struggled against the Vikings. If our defense only allows Tampa to convert only 3 1st downs (or whatever number, I know it was low) like they did Minnesota, we beat them easily. Outside of the two receivers, Tampa doesn't have the athleticism that Minnesota does. Also, we don't have to worry about an AP type rb. Doug Martin is a good back, but he is no AP.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Doug Martin is a good back, but he is no AP.

http://www.rotoworld.com/recent/nfl/7426/doug-martin

Despite his questionable tag, the Tampa Bay Times reports Doug Martin (knee) is expected to play in Week 2 against St. Louis.

Coach Lovie Smith has been adamant all week that Martin was not benched in last week's loss to the Panthers, despite rumors to the contrary. Smith also promised the Buccaneers will stay committed to the running game moving forward. "I've talked about how important Doug is to us," Smith insisted. "Just our running game in general, we were trying to get it going with all of our guys. Doug is our lead guy. We weren't able to for whatever reason this first game, but we'll stay committed to it." Martin is an RB2 against the Rams. Sep 12 - 11:14 PM
-------------------
http://www.bbs.tbaybucs.com/topic/24073-game-2-general-discussion-thread/

Game 2 General Discussion Thread

@gregauman: Rams may have Austin Davis at QB vs. Bucs, just his 2nd NFL game. Ex-Southern Miss QB played in 2010 St. Pete Bowl. http://t.co/UTP4Mu7gWL

And Austin Seferian-Jenkins IR'd
-----------
Could be addition by subtraction. Hate that he got injured but I honestly have a hard time understanding how he made the final 53 in the 1st place as he's been injured all offseason and was a subpar player before he got here.
-----------
McCoy said that he would call the D-line plays during the game. How much of a factor is that in the D-line effort and result? As much as I love McCoy calling plays, I think the coaches on the sidelines should have the play calling authority. A player will always go off of emotions and try get to the QB but that is not always the best case.

I disliked that we opened against a division rival with all the new changes this year. It is going to take us time and patience for everything to click. We need to be 3-3, at the worst, before we hit the bye week. That means winning against the Rams and Ravens at home, and winning one of the three on the road. That will provide momentum and enough proof in the pudding to make the necessary bye week adjustments. Given the coaching staff assembled, I trust them to make the right changes than the previous regimes. GO BUCS!
-------------
damn, is there anyone on this team not injured??
--------------
Vegas doesn't think this game will be that close, and some lines are even projecting a possible blowout.
-------------
The last injury report came out on Wednesday afternoon. Below is a full list for both teams.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers
DL Da’Quan Bowers – Abdomen – Full Participant

DE Adrian Clayborn – Elbow – Limited Participant

T Demar Dotson – Hamstring – Limited Participant

DE William Gholston – Shoulder – Limited Participant

DE Michael Johnson – Ankle – Did Not Participate

G Logan Mankins – Knee – Did Not Participate

RB Doug Martin – Knee – Did Not Participate

S Bradley McDougald – Knee – Limited Participant

CB Rashaan Melvin – Ankle – Did Not Participate

TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins – Ankle – Did Not Participate

St. Louis Rams
CB Trumaine Johnson – Knee – Did Not Participate

C Barrett Jones – Back – Did Not Participate

DB Lamarcus Joyner – Back – Limited Participant

DE Chris Long – Ankle – Did Not Participate (Note: Long’s ankle will require surgery and he will miss the Bucs game this week)

QB Sean Hill – Thigh – Did Not Participate

jwdrp.gif

------------
Is Greg Robinson still playing guard? Well he be matched up with McCoy?
------------
That will be an epic matchup, especially in the run game. Robinson is a destroyer of worlds.
------------
Robinson isn't even a starter. Roger Saffold & Davin Joseph are their starting guards.
------------
McCoy plays the run by penetrating, it does not matter if Robinson was a good run blocker as an OT against DEs that would try to seal off the edge. It is a somewhat different job here of having to get into a proper stance before McCoy can get by him.

As far as pass protection goes, McCoy could be salivating. Its Robinson and our very own Davin "rag doll" Joseph playing G. I fully expect McCoy to beast in this game, multiple sacks and TFLs.
-------------
Wouldn't matter if they had all-pro guards, their RB suck. Stacy is...mediocre, Cunningham is trash, and Austin can't run well
--------------
Panthers fan - The Panthers only rushed for 113 yards and most of it came from Williams who had a weak 72. Tolbert and Stewert combined for 16 carries for 31 yards. Impressive right.

And even if the Panthers ran all over us, the Rams wouldn't with weak rb group. Rainey could probably start for them
-------------
Clearly, running against the best front seven in football behind one of the worst offensive lines in football has nothing to do with this. Grace us with more loud mouthed hyperbole, please!
-------------
That's translation for we have no chance against good teams. Only against bad teams....Such is the life of another bad team
rolleyes.gif

Then again, how does an old, washed up RB running behind an even worse O-line run for 5.1 yards a pop?! Care to answer??
-----------
Injury report -- no status yet, but they are updating if they participated in practice. So far it does not look good. Mankins, Martin, Johnson and Sefarian-Jenkins did not participate in practice.
------------
This is from Anthony Becht - There’s no skill involved in being aggressive and physical at the point of attack. It’s an ATTITUDE.
-------------
As I said in another thread somewhere, expect his back up, William Hayes, to have a career day.
------------
According to Vegas, we have the 3rd largest favorite this week behind Denver (-11), New Orleans (-6.5), and tied with Seattle at -6
------------
Also, every single person on espn picked us, every person on FOX, most of CBS
------------
The great and talented Tom Johnson gets a sack against St Louis, how can we expect to show that good?
------------
We're going against St. Louis' 3rd string QB and I'm still not confident we win.
-------------
It will be a tough test for our offense no doubt, but I'll take our offense vs their defense rather than their offense vs our defense all day.
--------------
Our game plan is probably all jump balls.

@gregauman: Carolina's starting DBs vs. Bucs last week were all at least 6-foot-1. Rams, by comparison, have three 5-10 guys in starting secondary ...
----------
Sounds like a 14-30 day for Josh McCown

With a pick and a butt fumble.

jsimcox

Pro Bowler
Name
Jamie
"Wouldn't matter if they had all-pro guards, their RB suck. Stacy is...mediocre, Cunningham is trash, and Austin can't run well"

Well this guy clearly knows his shit...

Buckwheat

UDFA
Name
JP
Heard a good one one 101.1 Friday. I'd let Marty Schottenheimer date my daughter. Why you ask?......Cause he can't SCORE!!! Really hoping to see how they get the ball in Tavon Austin's hands this week.

Heard a good one one 101.1 Friday. I'd let Marty Schottenheimer date my daughter. Why you ask?......Cause he can't SCORE!!! Really hoping to see how they get the ball in Tavon Austin's hands this week.

:ROFLMAO:.

That wasn't at the joke by the way, more at someone would call up a radio show and not know the name of his team's OC :ROFLMAO:.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
"Wouldn't matter if they had all-pro guards, their RB suck. Stacy is...mediocre, Cunningham is trash, and Austin can't run well"

Well this guy clearly knows his crap...
Sounds like he gets all of his football "knowledge", from looking at one week of fantasy football numbers.
Foolish.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott

:ROFLMAO:
I would let my daughter date him too. If my daughter was 70 yrs old.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
http://www.bbs.tbaybucs.com/topic/24123-official-buccaneers-vs-rams-game-day-thread/

Buccaneers did not deserve a win today, but just curious if that hit Evans took on the last play should have been a penalty since it was a blow to a defenseless receivers head.
-------------------
It's really saying something that the Rams trusted their 3rd string quarterback to throw more passes than we trusted our starter to.
-------------------
This one is on the coaching staff in my eyes. We refusedl to play to win the game outright. It looks like they obviously don't trust McCown and had numerous 3rd and mediums where we ran the ball and would not let Mccown get a chance to convert with his arm. Did we take on shot down the field the entire game? Very conservative play calling. While we are not a good team, we should not be losing games to the Rams when they are led by Austin Davis. Very frustrating loss.
--------------------
That was a pretty bad ending.
-------------------
I said it earlier. Evans is ****ing soft. SOFT. ANOTHER ****ing BUST. **** THIS TEAM.
--------------------
One of these weeks we are going to meet a team that is forced to use a defensive tackle as a QB and then I like our chances....if we play hard for 4 quarters.
--------------------
How many times did we see Glennon throw it deep last year?
-------------------
I'm betting he[Evans] tried to fake it and didn't know the rule.
--------------------
Come on Lovie! Give them a chance to make a play

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
http://www.bbs.tbaybucs.com/topic/24123-official-buccaneers-vs-rams-game-day-thread/

Buccaneers did not deserve a win today, but just curious if that hit Evans took on the last play should have been a penalty since it was a blow to a defenseless receivers head.
-------------------
It's really saying something that the Rams trusted their 3rd string quarterback to throw more passes than we trusted our starter to.
-------------------
This one is on the coaching staff in my eyes. We refusedl to play to win the game outright. It looks like they obviously don't trust McCown and had numerous 3rd and mediums where we ran the ball and would not let Mccown get a chance to convert with his arm. Did we take on shot down the field the entire game? Very conservative play calling. While we are not a good team, we should not be losing games to the Rams when they are led by Austin Davis. Very frustrating loss.
--------------------
-------------------
I said it earlier. Evans is ****ing soft. SOFT. ANOTHER ****ing BUST. **** THIS TEAM.
--------------------
One of these weeks we are going to meet a team that is forced to use a defensive tackle as a QB and then I like our chances....if we play hard for 4 quarters.
--------------------
-------------------
--------------------
cinemagraph_tissue.gif

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor

-------------------
-------------------
--------------------
-------------------
--------------------
--------------------
-------------------
--------------------

I actually agree with the person who said "Im betting he[Evans] tried to fake it and didn't know the rule." That is exactly how I saw that play and the first thing I thought watching Evans begin to get back up only to fall back to the ground in pain than awkwardly run off the field.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
According to Vegas, we have the 3rd largest favorite this week behind Denver (-11), New Orleans (-6.5), and tied with Seattle at -6

Ouch, Vegas got served!

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW

Just like the one they delivered to Tavon's head! Not to mention the cheap shot to Harkey's knee!