What Bucs Fans Are Saying

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://www.bucschat.com/topic/37269-rams-3rd-string-qb/
Rams 3rd string QB...

...is who we are most likely playing against!

http://www.rotoworld...1216/shaun-hill

Please, for the love of GOD, don't let's is fuck this up!!!

-------------------
Ramsforever -

You can't lose, we have no OL, we have no QB and we have no coaching.

I will bet anything the Rams will lose.

And I mean that.
---------------
Who is the 3rd string QB for the Rams?
---------------
Case Keenum...but looks like Hill could get the start still
---------------
Hill will play. And the Bucs can make any journeyman look like a hall of famer as long as there is no pass rush.
---------------
Exactly. No matter how good our defense turns out to be it seems like when we go against backup QB's we make them look like pro bowlers...
---------------
Lovie is a defensive genius and so is Leslie Frazier. Dashon Goldson is making 9 million a year. The Rams don't have a chance.
---------------
Is that not what happens every time. A Sunday morning newswoman stated that the Bucs "should have an easier time" because Cam Newton wasn't playing. I knew then we were in big trouble.
---------------
http://www.pewterreport.com/Boards/index.php/topic,1318489.0.html
Bucs Vs Rams

Keys to the game:

1. Tame their defensive line.
Robert Quinn, Michael Brockers, James Laurenaitis, Aaron Donald... they have the ability to dominate our O-Line. They could stop runs in the backfield and keep McCown on his back all afternoon. It is imperative, nay.. it is MANDATORY that we play very well in the trench and give McCown a chance to find the open man.

2. Create open lanes for Doug Martin.
Against the Panthers Martin never had a chance. The only play I remember in which there was any running room, was the 50+ yarder from Jorvorskie Lane. I think we can do a little better against the Rams' defensive tackles who are better penetrators than run stuffers. Some have lost faith in Martin but as history shows us, if you give him a sliver of daylight he's gone. That has to happen this Sunday.
3. Win the turnover battle.

That starts with McCown and the offense. We must be smarter with the ball. Tedford has to assess McCown's performance and find ways to get the ball out of his hands lightning fast. Don't give him a chance to hold the ball too long because we don't want to see any more sacks, fumbles, or interceptions. Unfortunately, that takes away the effectiveness of Jackson and Evans running deep, but McCown can't be trusted at this point. Ball security must be the most important factor in our play. And conversely, we need to take the ball away. I like our chances of doing just that against a Rams offense that failed to find the end zone, getting blown out at home by the Vikings. If we win the T/O battle, we win the game.

Matchups

Our defense vs whichever backup QB they go with.
I realize Anderson carved us up in his first action in three years, but the task we are up against in stopping the Rams is going to be considerably easier. Anderson played like a veteran. He didn't make the mistakes that St Louis' QB did against the Vikings. I think we will be able to get to the QB and force some turnovers, much like we expected to see vs the Panthers.

Vincent Jackson/Mike Evans vs Trumaine Johnson/Janoris Jenkins.

The Rams have poor starting safeties. They will most likely find themselves out of position often, meaning there will be some good opportunities for one on one situations. When McCown gets time and is able to throw up the jump ball, Evans and Jackson have to come up big. Getting chunks of yardage is going to be very important in moving the football into scoring position.

Prediction: Our offense jumps out to an early lead and the defense wreaks havoc on Austin Davis, forcing 4 turnovers and shutting them out altogether. Bucs win 31-0.

-----------------
Wow, its like you didn't even watch yesterday's game at all. We'll be lucky to pull out a 17-14 win.
----------------
Bucs win 31-0? What planet are you on?
---------------
As bad as Sunday was. I think we crush the Rams.
---------------
I know one thing. If they get blanked by St. Louis, there will be **CENSORED** set on fire.
---------------
The good news is their offense looked DOA. They had to bench the backup and bring in the third stringer to do anything. For all the effort on WRs they have none worth mentioning. They had no run game so this game will likely be one of those ugly pillow fights where Drago can't make the mistakes he made for us today because the first team to 14 might win.
---------------
McCown doesn't have a chance. This front 4 isn't far behind Carolina.
---------------
Silly shrimp, he must not have been watching for all these years. Alas, as the buccaneers, it is their mandate to play up or down to the level of the opponent. It doesn't matter that we're playing a backup because we can never take advantage of that. There's no reason to believe our offense will look any better next week because the rams have an even better defensive line than Carolina, and we may well be without Logan mankins. If we do win it won't be pretty, it'll be standard, ugly buc ball.
--------------
This was bad and losing maybe to the Lambs 3rd stringer next week would be bad nothing will ever be as bad as losing to straight off the couch Vinny Testeverde.
--------------
Yep unfortunately it will be the Bucs MO to make the backup QB look like a star. Remember this team pasted us pretty good last year and their defense should be even better. With that said if we win the turnover battle (or at least keep it even) I believe we should win as I think our overall talent is a little bit better right now. Its going to come down to the D getting off the field on 3rd downs and Josh not making bonehead decisions with the ball.
--------------
Truthfully it seems like the Lambs are even worse off. I'm reading up on their game and the word dismal doesn't describe it. This is at least heartening:
http://www.stltoday.com/gallery/ram...n_eb4da8a3-d4a6-5be0-a381-068291b2fdd5.html#4

My favorite being the line that "RG Davin Jospeh was worse - missing blocks and taking a key false start penalty.....ahhh yes, he is in his prime form.
-------------
This is going to be an ugly game. Honestly, I see the Bucs winning this one 17-13. McCown throws 2 picks again and gets sacked 5 times, but whoever the Rams have at QB won't do as well as All Pro Anderson.
--------------
Look, other than Gerald McCoy the Buccaneers didn't TOUCH and old immobile QB who had not started in 5 YEARS! Michael Johnson? NOWHERE to be seen. Did the Buccaneers not pay millions for his pass rushing? LOL MAYBE his 3 1/2 sacks last year was more indicative of of his skills than his 11 the year before. One year wonder, huge Buc blunder so far. There is just NO excuse for Goldson's muffing that gift INT that could have won the game. HOW much money does he make? Are you KIDDING ME?
So far this team looks like a mega failure. Oh and tell me what the media would be saying if Schiano was coaching yesterday? LOL Can you IMAGINE? Probably, we heard it last year.

So Lovie and the Buccaneers? SHOW ME THE MONEY!!!! Enough talk, start the freaking WALK and it had BETTER be starting next week. Because if a third string nobody QB comes into the Ray Jay and beats this team, if Josh McCown continues to play like a scared ROOKIE were talking high draft choice in 2015, another rookie QB and should be talking about another damn HEAD COACH!

Damn RIGHT I typed that. Is this team not built to "win now?" Well then? WIN FREAKING NOW!
------------
Their press coverage is downright suicidal. It should be, they got curb stomped a MIN team that won't be good. Now, the score is a bit of a misnomer because it was 13-3 late in the third but it sounds like the Rams never really threaten to do much and then went full meltdown.

Plus Hill and Long are hurt with Long's injury sounding more serious.
-------------
I kind of agree, at leas ton the Bucs winning part. Not sure we'll crush them. They will get yards and will knock in a few FGs. I think Quick and Cook have big days for them. The D will stop Stacy for the most part. I see a 20-13 type win.
---------------
This was our D yesterday...
Warning offensive language

https://mtc.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/A3...p4?versionId=prove6B95Pcm9Ia1RFSVdIV1vvvNmNqO

---------------
We'll have 6 wins this year and the Rams will be one of them. We won't win again until after the bye week
---------------
I'm generally an optimist (only about my Bucs, not life itself lol) but I agree with this. We need to beat the Rams because the following road stretch is going to be rough. I legtimately think we'll give Atlanta a run for their money but I don't know that we'll be able to keep up with them if it's a highscoring game. I think the tipping point will be that it's in Atlanta. We should be able to put up some points against them, though.
The next two games I'm not optimistic about, though. That Saints game may be a complete arse-raping. I wouldn't be surprised to see Brees go untouched the entire game and hit Graham for 2-3 tds.
----------------
Oh great....another back up.

Everyone, add Austin Davis to their fantasy teams, and start his ass along with Jared Cook if you have him.
----------------
Lol ^ it drove me nuts yesterday watching that scrub tear us up. We NEED to get pressure on whoever their lame duck QB is and force him into mistakes. They'll try to mitigate our pass rush by running the ball but their backs don't scare anyone. We NEED to curb stomp them to try to get some momentum going into the rough road trip they have ahead of them but it'll probably be an obnoxiously low scoring, nail biting game.
---------------
I cant tell you how much i am waiting for the Davin vs GMC matchup because that should be considered a form of abuse.
-----------------
Just finished watching the full game of the Rams v. Vikings game. Here are some of my takeaways from the Rams.
Offensively:
Rams had poor run blocking for most of the game
Penalties, penalties, penalties.
Brian Quick and Jared Cook need to be accounted for.
Pass pro was decent early, faded toward the end of the 2nd qtr, and was bad throughout the 2nd half.
Heavy dose of Stacy when Hill left.
Austin Davis did nothing but check down.

Defensively:
Pretty good young fiery DBs in Gaines, McDonald, Joyner, McLeod, and Jenkins.
Did a decent job limiting Peterson.
Lots of interior penetration.
Blitzed quite regularly.
Vulnerable to screens and edge/stretch runs. Cordarrelle Patterson with 3 runs for 100+yds.
Penalties a problem on D as well.
Steady pass rush all day.

So, how do we match up? Sadly, pretty evenly. I don't think they will be able to move the ball well with Davis as QB. I don't think he has the confidence to make some of the throws we say Anderson make yesterday. I think we will do a decent job of stopping Stacy. They also shot themselves in the foot with penalties, so they may just do the same on Sunday. They will bring the heat on Sunday with their front 4 and also with blitzes, so McCown better learn to get rid of the ball quickly. They need to get the screens and edge/stretch runs working early. Spread that front 7 out a bit. Their DBs are feisty, but McCown should be able to take advantage of the height of our WRs vs the height of their DBs. Attack the middle of the field and the deep sidelines. Give Evans and Jackson some opportunity balls to back off those safeties.

Bucs 20-Rams 10.
-----------------
27-6 bucs. We will be fired up and eager to prove the kinks are worked out. If we take care of the ball we win BIG.
---------------
Pretty much what I saw watching the game at the bar. This is a Greg Williams defense so they are gonna come after us left and right. That is bad news for our line but very good news for Evans and VJax because they should get one on one opportunities and matchups we can exploit.

their offense is terrible. they want to hide their lack of QB ability but don't have the line to push us, or really anyone, around.
---------------
My prediction. Aaron Donald breaks McClown's leg on the 3rd snap of the game and The Cannon comes in to rally us to a 12-9 win over the wiley Case Keenum.
--------------
Need Mankins back, for some pass blocking efficiency, some push. It has been said by Lovie himself that the Bucs will not be signing Incognito. He said he will choose from the ten they have, normally they roll with eight, and that is that. He is trimming the "fat". Unfortunately, the linemen are a mixed bag, and none of them are great, except for Mankins.

Mankins can use this for his edge in being a Buc: The Patriots offensive line was not good yesterday,and Tom Patriot was mauled. He can make the Bellicheat led Pats PAY by turning in a solid performance and uniting this group of rag tag nobodies into a formidable unit (I find it hard to even type that, but he will make them better,perhaps not world beaters, but a cohesive unit. No doubt in my mind.) Mankins is a better coach than Warhop, true story. Make the Pats PAY for letting you go Logan.

Be a Buccaneer Man! We fans are starved for something good, and Mankins can help bring it. Love the guy as a Buc, hope he heals up quick fast, rubs some tussin on that stuff, and get to hammering. And pray that whatever trashehap Lovie and War decide to keep can sustain for a while.
---------------
Shawn Hill is the backup for Bradford.

If he plays, there is some history.

In Dec 2007. Shawn Hill started as a backup QB for SF and SF ended up beating the Bucs/
--------------
This should be a convincing win for us if we stand any shot at being anything other than bad this year. St. Louis is one of the worst teams in the league with their 3rd string QB starting.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I don't think we gave them any reason to be scared. I can't pick us this week, either.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
Its so frustrating and disheartening the state of this team right now. I still hope that Hill can come back healthy and lead the team to a victory sunday but its just hope at this point. I was all in before this season started but man.... go rams I guess

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
I don't care what the Bucs fans have to say the Rams will bounce back. It will be a very long season if they don't play hungry. Brian Quick will have his first career 2 touchdown, 100 plus yard receiving game. Zac Stacy and Bennie Cunningham will gash the Buccaneers and the Rams will win.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
Murders Row

@ Phil.
S.F.
Seattle
@ K.C.
@ S.F.
@ AZ
Denver
@ S.D. (not a dragon slayer), but following the preceding 7 games, any road game at that point will be extremely difficult.

Anyone care to predict the win-loss record from this mess?

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
Murders Row

@ Phil.
S.F.
Seattle
@ K.C.
@ S.F.
@ AZ
Denver
@ S.D. (not a dragon slayer), but following the preceding 7 games, any road game at that point will be extremely difficult.

Anyone care to predict the win-loss record from this mess?

I'd rather not, but even in Fisher's first year when we had the worst roster of the three years on paper, this team won several games that nobody thought we'd have a chance of winning.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
these Buc Fans seem Intelligent, Loyal, And their Football knowledge is beyond compare! They also seem to know our Team inside and out. I think we should bet all our ROD money (just like we did on the 'AP making his 1st TD' last week) on the Buc's to Win! We can't possibly beat a Team with Fans that support their QB as well they do. the Buc's obviously have the talent and coaching staff to destroy us!

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Oh great....another back up.

Everyone, add Austin Davis to their fantasy teams, and start his ass along with Jared Cook if you have him.
lawl.gif

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
I see this as an opportunity to see what we have with Davis and/or Keenum. Maybe we catch lighting in a bottle.

iced

Lol @ them saying our safeties are terrible..

TJ Mcdonald has played better than both of their safeties - ever since they've been there they've been penalty machines and liabilities in coverage... hear a lot of bucs fans think they're overpaid

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
Some of these idiots think Tru Johnson is still starting.... You'll see a rebound this week. Fisher and Williams and co. have too much pride to not come back strong.

JRobinson

MiLB
One thing is for sure, our boys have a ton to prove, to a lot of people. Our OLine has to do more than what they did against a solid front seven of the Vikings. I believe we can win this game if we establish the run. Any game we win will be because of that in my estimation (along with solid D). It's hard to be optimistic right now based on what we observed two days ago. However, with Fisher as our leader, it's tough to believe that he will allow any of what we witnessed continue.

The sign of a good coach is how you bounce back from a day like Sunday, so far under Fisher we've shown great bouncebackability, that's got to continue or it'll be a really long season.

209RamsFan

We got our ASSSS kicked on both sides of the ball last week, it's were games are won or lost...we need too turn our pathetic line play into a much improved effort, for the W.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
This is after their loss to the Panthers. Sound familiar?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.bbs.tbaybucs.com/topic/24061-this-team-is-an-epic-pile/
this team is an epic pile...

That was atrocious...

A back up QB with pedestrian WR's

Williams gashing us for 5.1 yards per carry, this new look D is ****ing bull****.

bull****

bull****

bull****

bull****

bull****

1 yard average for Martin?!

It is almost as bad as this message board, why the **** do I have to click the post button 50 damn times?
----------------
What's worse is the majority of this board will still act as though nothing happened with their heads in the clouds....all I heard was how terrible the Panthers offense was.......334 yards.
---------------
Looks like every team the Bucs have fielded since they fired Gruden.
--------------
you and Java need to get your noses out of Gruden's *** and move on
--------------
It looked like a Morris coached defense. Schiano had the defense playing better than Lovie's defense was today.
---------------
Do you guys know how good Vincent Jackson is? If it's him and a defender downfield, just throw it, it's almost a guaranteed catch. Anyone remember the like 50 yard one handed catch he made with a defender draped all over him from Freeman that got called back on a penalty?

The fact that we can't score with this guy on our offense is ridiculous.
----------------
McCown looked scared to go down the field today. Whether he didn't trust the OL to hold long enough for the play to develop or he doesn't trust his arm, it's not a good thing.
-----------------
Fix the O-line and you fix this team. Period. It all starts with that. The run game stunk because of it, McCown stunk because of it. If it doesn't improve, this team won't improve. The defense will give you good games. Maybe not great, but good. But our offense is not gonna move if McCown can't move.
----------------
Good old reliable sewing circle in full effect.
----------------
After every loss, I tell myself I need to stay away for a few days because the chicken little all stars are going to be looting and burning thread after thread...but then I go to work and there's nothing else to do :/
-----------------
When the bucs beat the rams next week, these same chicken littles will say it doesn't count since the rams suck.
----------------
www.yahoo.com was a nice article about how terrible we looked. We are this weeks biggest losers getting embarrassed at home. The article is entitled Really Buccaneers?
---------------
And in what way has that improved your experience as a fan?

The point is to have fun.

Expecting the worst at every juncture isn't fun. It's miserable.
-------------
McCown got better as the game went on and put us in a position to win late - I bet he can build on that 4th quarter next week.
Gerald McCoy is unstoppable. So is Lavonte David.
Anderson didn't go near Verner, so obviously the guy was doing something right.

Unless I missed something, Anthony Collins played well against a nasty end. He did give up a sack, but McCown held the ball WAY too long if I'm remembering my sequences accurately.

Doug Martin started slowly in 2012, also, and that worked out okay.

ASJ, running guys over. How much fun is he going to be to watch.
Koenen is still one of the best kickoff guys in the league.

It stands to reason that with some reps together, the offensive line will improve. That's usually how it works.

It also stands to reason that having our actual OC around all week might help the game plan a bit.

Clinton McDonald flashed a couple of times.

ETC.

I'm excited to see how each of these things go next week and beyond.
-----------------
The people who gave us SUCK FOR LUCK are asking for a Bucs' 2014 moniker for these guys......Winless for Winton is an easy one. Mariota is a tougher one.....ideas?
-----------------
It doesn't matter who plays QB for the Bucs, the OL will still make the QB look like he's engaged in a chainsaw fight with 5 other guys at the 2 second mark....
----------------
I'm waiting to see how we play against the Rams before I hit the panic button.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I saw the reference to 'Curb Stomping' twice from the Buc fans. Am I being overly sensitive? Because I always felt, after seeing what the Curb Stomp really was like on American History X, that it isn't a term to be used lightly anywhere. Curb Stomping is a cruel, disgusting, Skinhead racist abusive invention. Are Bucs fans that Redneck stupid that they see nothing wrong with it?

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Regardless what is being said ,if Hill starts and finishes I expect a good game